Resetless Lunatic+ Run COMPLETED (Deathless) (With Complete Guide)

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the editing done for last Friday's run, which featured some measure of extremes, but not as crazy as the last two weeks where I got Spd counts that fell into the second percentile of low. Had a C7 and a C23 that ranked among some of the meanest I've ever encountered—and this includes when I was resetting during routing to get very bad enemy setups. Despite that, I somehow ended up PBing at 7:23:03. Go figure. Anyway...

Links for the Sub-7:30 Run:

Okay, looks like the forum upgrade broke all the spoiler tags and a simple re-submit causes some real wonkiness where stuff that's not supposed to be in the box gets sucked into it or spoilers start nesting themselves. This means I'm going to have to go back and fix each and every tag manually, which is going to take a fair bit of time. So, sorry if the individual posts are a bit clunky to navigate for a while. So far, I've fixed Prologue and C1.

Aside from that, finished getting Friday's completed run highlighted and mirrored. Certainly not my fastest, but it's a little astonishing to think that sub-9 is starting to be considered slow. Anyway, the main things that ate time are C6 and C7. Both had some really nasty skill setups that forced some pretty fringe responses. Stuff like needing Chrom to use a Levin Sword in C6 and Rescueless high-man C7 happened and took 3-4x as long as usual. To compound this, I didn't execute too well on some new C23 and C24 strats (that are still inherently safer, so there's that) that both have the potential to save a decent chunk of time (23 more than 24, though).

Links for The Gauntlet's Gauntlet

Well, I just discovered something else was also broken when I was looking at my posts further in: the links were no longer accurate. Some didn't go to the right page and those that did didn't go directly to the applicable post. I figured that was more important than the spoiler formatting, so that's all been fixed. I've also got the spoiler tags fixed for C2 and C3. More to come whenever I get the chance.

So, the index mysteriously broke again. Every link got replaced with a link back to the first post, which is really weird. Got that all fixed up now. Some of the Youtube playlists are all weird doing random auto-embedding as well, though I don't really have time to mess around with them right now. Thinking of trying to throw together a mirror for the guide until things can stabilize. However, that may take some time, as while the text is easy to copy over, I'll have to manually redo the pictures. I guess the forums and I can have a race. :P:

So, update on the state of things:

-I've fixed the errant Youtube embeds in the first post, so it should be less of a chore to navigate again.

-I've revised a bit of C2's, C3's and C5's text. Namely, since I don't really use the majority of Interceptor's stuff anymore, but they're still pretty useful in certain contexts, I've shifted to the bottom and noted that. I've also added a section on C3's chokepoints because apparently I was dumb and didn't do that in the original version. I still haven't gotten around to adding C7's highman strat, nor the revisions for C23 or C24, though.

-I've also noticed that the links in my index still sometimes go to the right place. It's a little bit of a crap shoot that way. I've started work on my mirror, which currently has the guide up to C8. I wanted to have it finished this weekend, but the work is pretty tedious and so much copy-paste-re-editing makes my eyes hurt after a while. I'll try to get it done by the end of this week, though hopefully it won't be necessary for too long.

Okay, got those Twitch export issues worked out, but kinda late. Figured I'd batch it with last week's run, but then I got busy. Soooo, batching it with the stream notification. I'll update the main post tomorrow, but for now, have some links.

Seventh With Deaths (RIP Vaike):

Nineteenth Deathless (Hourai's RNGHouse):

The most interesting thing is probably the context of the entire night for the nineteenth run. There was so much RNG. Most of it was bad, but some of it was crazy good. Among the highlights was getting super Spd screwed with a +Spd Robin, such that I went into C1 with 9 and 10 Spd on two separate attempts. The first Prologue Barb was also a dodging machine. Robin missed him once, which Chrom thankfully DSed to fix. However, Fred also missed him twice and both times, Robin managed to either get a dodge or DG to avoid dying to being ganged up on by the Barb and Myrm. The game decided that the best way to make up for this was to make Robin randomly dodge the Prologue boss a whole lot, even when it didn't matter. Wasn't really a great trade-off. Oh, and C2's Mountain Barb had Gamble all five attempts, prompting me to use the modified Interceptor strat every time. The kicker? It failed three times in a row (then succeeded twice in a row).

Anyway, gonna be starting soon: http://www.twitch.tv/kuroitsubasatenshi/

I'm actually trying Kuroi"s stra currently with Male Robin. I didn't restrict myself with the renown point items from previous save (which I have like 3000 only ) but I do intend to not using DLC grinding. And I'll use Anna shop and spot pass team shops if necessary. So far I am doing ok I'm at chapter 4 now. This is my second run, in my first run I was only able to clear chapter 6 without losing anyone. 

1 hour ago, ProtoMan said:

I'm actually trying Kuroi"s stra currently with Male Robin. I didn't restrict myself with the renown point items from previous save (which I have like 3000 only ) but I do intend to not using DLC grinding. And I'll use Anna shop and spot pass team shops if necessary. So far I am doing ok I'm at chapter 4 now. This is my second run, in my first run I was only able to clear chapter 6 without losing anyone. 

Wow sounds tricky.  What is the major setbacks using M!Robin as opposed to F!Robin, if you don't mind me asking?

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Wow sounds tricky.  What is the major setbacks using M!Robin as opposed to F!Robin, if you don't mind me asking?

I think the major issue with M Robin is that he doesn't have access of the Galeforce skill which is very critical in Kuroi's walkthroughs. For the first few chapters the strategy is pretty much the same but I'm trying a different approach than Kuroi's in terms of Robin's classes. In Kuroi's approach he reclass F-Robin to dark mage but I'm going for barbarian 10 and then mercenary. (Need despoil and armsthrift skill. In terms of assets and flaw, Im using +speed -skill Male Robin) I'm aiming to promote from Mercenary to Hero but now I'm stacked in chapter 7...I think I need to get chrom to at least level 12 to stand a chance for this chapter, or the reinforcement will kill some of my characters) I'm going to try different approach if it doesn't work out. I'm planning to marry Robin to either Lisa or cordelia as both of them appear pretty early in the games and have access to Galeforce. Lisa is probably a better choice because I can grid her early on by abusing staffs

Edited by ProtoMan

Yeah, M!Robin is a bit less of a team player. He has more difficulty keeping his allies alive without needing other characters to be leveled, increasing the RNG involved. However, a Chrobin bromance can still tear through the game with relative ease. M!Robin's just more prone to needing to let people die. >.>

It's something I've toyed with a little in terms of planning a deathless run, but I've never really thought it practical for a single stream like I do with F!Robin's run.

Anyway, starting soon. http://www.twitch.tv/kuroitsubasatenshi/