Greatest lord in fire emblem?

Master Roy

In terms of competition for best unit in their army, Alm has the least threat (unless you have him revive Palla/Catria). He starts off the strongest, gets two swords that give him a crazy offense boost (though if you make one of your villagers a mercenary they can use the first one just as well), then gets a promotion that fixes any speed screwage (his biggest weakness) and gives him 1-5 range bows.

@Raven: depends. With a 100-kill Hero Sword his offense is up there, and his defence will usually be good enough. Titania can still run ahead and kill everything before Ike gets there.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3-E - nobody's really moving here, let's be real

3-1 - army splits apart, rout map

3-2 - Haar's getting places before Titania

3-3 - You need to split apart your squad in this anyway

3-4 - Ike is probably being ferried by Haar, and Titania can't move beyond the ledges

3-5 - Again, Haar is taking care of the boss, but Ike has more survivability by this point

3-7 - Ike has better movement here, but it's a defend map

3-8 - They have the same move in this map

3-10 - rout map, and Titania can't kill everything

3-11 - Ike has to arrive anyway, he'll be ferried by Haar, and he'll be further ahead than Titania whenever he enters combat

3-E - Titania's not taking on like 50 enemies that will die in this map

Then 4-1 is a rout map where you have to split everyone up, and 4-4 Titania has the same move (but can't climb ledges)

And his combat parameters matter quite a lot more in 4-E, where he's better in just about every map (except 4-E-2 except that chapter is Hammered pretty quickly)

Ike has largely superior combat, but some of these maps are narrow and many of these maps are rout maps so it's not like her move makes as big a difference as in FE9. FE10 Titania is pretty overrated.

Edited by Lord Raven

Your suggestion of Leaf makes very little sense with this mentality, as Asvel joins with Grafcalibur in chapter 4x (way earlier than Levin gets Holsety).

Celice's stats might be better, but if you compare their surrounding casts, Sigurd is far and away the better unit. Celice is surrounded by Shanan, Oifaye and Aless very early on, while Sigurd is surrounded by Cuan and uh, a bunch of serviceable units. And like previously mentioned, Levin has Holsety for a chapter and a quarter of Sigurd's six chapter existence

There's no doubting Holsety!Levin completely destroys all the enemies in chapter 5, but the bosses aside, Sigurd (or anybody promoted really) can kill the mooks rather easily. Sigurd can handle the bosses with relative ease if he has a 50 kill silver/hero sword too.

ZIGLUDO-CHAN-SAN-SAMA-SENPAI-SAN-SAMA-SAN-CHAN-SAN-SEMPAI-CHAN gameplaywise. Ephraim after him.

I like Seliph, Roy and Micaiah more as characters, though.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

While Advil does get the grafcalibur tome 1.) Grafcalibur has 20 (uses i think) way less than holesty and lewyn gets to fix his weapon using money thanks to the broken as hell repair system 2.) Leif never runs out of fatigue and his avoid is kick-ass 3.) Asvel gets overshadowed by the later mages even with the tome. I'm probably biased aging sigurd since he WOULD NOT STOP getting annihilated by T Hammer and getting tanked by meteor spells with 20 accuracy

While Advil does get the grafcalibur tome 1.) Grafcalibur has 20 (uses i think) way less than holesty and lewyn gets to fix his weapon using money thanks to the broken as hell repair system 2.) Leif never runs out of fatigue and his avoid is kick-ass 3.) Asvel gets overshadowed by the later mages even with the tome. I'm probably biased aging sigurd since he WOULD NOT STOP getting annihilated by T Hammer and getting tanked by meteor spells with 20 accuracy

Grafcalibur has 40 uses, and can be repaired with Safy's hammerne staff, and is a very good candidate to get repaired. Levin probably doesn't even use 50 uses of Holsety in gen 1 regardless. What mage (other than Sety, who joins so late it's irrelevant) is better than Asvel? He has 3 PCC, Continue, and very good growths (especially speed). If you repair Tyrfing, the meteor mages do close to zero damage, and there are a number of ways to deal with Reptor (sleep, silence, etc) if you don't want Sigurd to just kill him without Levin blowing him up (although it is a good alternative.

Just because Sigurd has a mediocre performance in the last castle of the generation doesn't mean he's mediocre himself. He's your best unit in litererally every other scenerio.

Sigurd and Alm are obviously the best, but I don't think there's been enough love for Celice in this thread. Though he's essentially Sigurd + resistance in a tougher generation, his amazing inheritance can make up for a lot. High kill weapons are obviously amazing, being a promoted monster as soon as chapter 7 is amazing, and he has access to tonnes of good 1-2 range (high kill magic swords, with an inflated level even a javelin won't do too poorly), something most lords throughout the series lack. This gives him more than enough power to destroy most of his generation. I'd say that the ranking would be Sigurd > Alm=Celice > FE10 Ike

Roy and Marth are the best Lords because they are so awesome that they just win every map by walking up to a castle/throne and sitting on it. Meanwhile Lords like Chrom are chumps because they have to rout maps or kill commanders to indicate their superiority, Roy and Marth just have to sit on their ass every time and the entire enemy army goes into shambles.

Grafcalibur has 40 uses, and can be repaired with Safy's hammerne staff, and is a very good candidate to get repaired. Levin probably doesn't even use 50 uses of Holsety in gen 1 regardless. What mage (other than Sety, who joins so late it's irrelevant) is better than Asvel? He has 3 PCC, Continue, and very good growths (especially speed). If you repair Tyrfing, the meteor mages do close to zero damage, and there are a number of ways to deal with Reptor (sleep, silence, etc) if you don't want Sigurd to just kill him without Levin blowing him up (although it is a good alternative.

Just because Sigurd has a mediocre performance in the last castle of the generation doesn't mean he's mediocre himself. He's your best unit in litererally every other scenerio.

You have a point, i didn't get sigurds tyrfing because 3 axe horses killed him and i just let it go. My sigurd endgamed with 15 speed which, again, is probably why m biased

Sigurd doesn't have that great of a speed growth, but the fact that he uses swords as a primary makes up for it. Only wind magic is lighter.

You have a point, i didn't get sigurds tyrfing because 3 axe horses killed him and i just let it go. My sigurd endgamed with 15 speed which, again, is probably why m biased

My Sigurd has 21 speed at chapter 3. Probably because he's gotten half the kills and has the Paragon item. I think level 26 or 28

I honestly think Celice is on par with Sigurd and he shits on his generation about as hard as Sigurd does. Sigurd obviously is a bamf and he wins just about every battle in the game but a Celice promoted in Ch.7 is virtually immortal until the final chapter. The only opponent that can actually threaten him until that point is Blume in Ch.7 with the Thorhammer [ishtar and Arion can be skipped so I'm not counting them although both are dangerous].

Never been a fan of the argument that being a god among gods somehow lessens a character's performance. Haar isn't less godly just because he's surrounded by Ike, Titania, Shinon, Mia, Reyson, Janaff and Ulki. Celice being surrounded by Aless, Oifaye, Leaf and a dancer doesn't mean that he's by default worse than Sigurd. I've never played Gaiden so I can't say anything about Alm but my list would be Sigurd / Celice > RD Ike > Ephraim > PoR Ike; Hector is massively overrated.

Sigurd is by far the best in my opinion.

I'd say Alm takes runner up, he's so much better than everyone else on his route it's kind of ridiculous. Celice and Ephraim are pretty good too.

Pretty much this, although I'd have Celice way above Ephraim. People are forgetting that all of the competition for Celice (who, in all fairness, have equal or better combat prowess than Celice on their own merits) basically just kill mooks that even Delmud/Oifaye/Lester could do with enough levels (OK, this probably isn't true during Endgame wherein enemy durability ramps up to 11) and he's the one killing all of the bosses/guys near the throne due to having that +3 Move with the Leg Ring and being jacked up on rings in general in addition to having a godly Hero Sword.

EDIT Although Celice is kind of bad if you don't do give him the resources.

Edited by Refa

I wouldn't say that Aless is necessarily better than a quickly promoted Celice, simply because with a magic ring and a light sword Celice can have reliable 1-2 range. Though his one range will technically be worse than Aless's, does it really matter when he'll still be one rounding everything with a hero sword? Leif and Aless definitely outclass him later, but Celice stays ahead of them until they promote, which probably isn't happening until at least chapter 9 in normal play, and it's not as if them becoming powerful invalidates his continuing contributions. Celice's one real weakness is his need for resources, but he is the best candidate for items by far.

Edited by MartyTheDemonSlayer

I don't think Celice's 1-2 range is all that special. Yeah, Celice will be the best with the Hero Sword, but anyone can be the best with the Hero Sword. You're giving it to him out of necessity pretty much (which I don't disagree with, I mean I did say he should be right below Sigurd and Alm). I also agree that he's the best candidate for a lot of the items haha.

The problem with Celice's 1-2 range is, usually if he's a high enough level to take advantage of it, he'll likely be ignored in lieu of other weaker units (unless he's the only one in range, but if he's actually being attacked, odds are he's weak enough to actually be at risk of dying or he's just not killing anything with it. It's kinda weird.

Remember how all of the Lords took credit for their allies work aid even though it's made painfully obvious that they worked with and valued their comrades equally. Me neither.

I say Ike. Helped liberate a country, pretty much ended racism for the most part between Gallia and Crimea. For sure brings peace and prosperity to Tellius as a whole with the help of everyone by his side by the end of FE10 and even reunites Ashunera's halves who kind of watches over everything lovingly.

Not to say the other Lords didn't have their fair share of world saving but Ike dealt with some heavy stuff and then some other heavy stuff.

Technically Nyna, Camus, Rickard, and Minerva are lord characters in BS Fire Emblem Akenia saga. Although not the lord class specifically, they are still treated as such and are the lords of that specific chapter. Like how Celica and Alm or lords, nut not lord class.

So more answers for your question thanks to me.

Edited by Rabbattack

3-E - nobody's really moving here, let's be real

3-1 - army splits apart, rout map

3-2 - Haar's getting places before Titania

3-3 - You need to split apart your squad in this anyway

3-4 - Ike is probably being ferried by Haar, and Titania can't move beyond the ledges

3-5 - Again, Haar is taking care of the boss, but Ike has more survivability by this point

3-7 - Ike has better movement here, but it's a defend map

3-8 - They have the same move in this map

3-10 - rout map, and Titania can't kill everything

3-11 - Ike has to arrive anyway, he'll be ferried by Haar, and he'll be further ahead than Titania whenever he enters combat

3-E - Titania's not taking on like 50 enemies that will die in this map

Then 4-1 is a rout map where you have to split everyone up, and 4-4 Titania has the same move (but can't climb ledges)

And his combat parameters matter quite a lot more in 4-E, where he's better in just about every map (except 4-E-2 except that chapter is Hammered pretty quickly)

Ike has largely superior combat, but some of these maps are narrow and many of these maps are rout maps so it's not like her move makes as big a difference as in FE9. FE10 Titania is pretty overrated.

A lot of this analysis is heavily flawed.

3-2- Haar may get places before Titania, but all of our mounted units contribute into dropping a bosskiller(Shinon is best) into range. Ike is not mounted.

3-3- Titania accomplishes a lot more while split up, for instance she can Burn supplies and then Canto back into enemy range.

3-5 If Haar hasn't proc'd enough speed and Titania has, Titania works as the bosskiller instead. Ike can't do this in the same number of turns.

3-8 Same move, but Titania has Canto and better 1-2 range

3-10 She doesn't kill everything, but being in range to kill more units > being in range to kill fewer units.

Through 3-2 to 3-10, Titania's combat is better overall(assuming the Speedwings), mostly due to better 1-2 range. Ike's stuck with Wind Edges which have less Mt and Hit than Hand Axes and can't be forged. She also has more Mt at one range due to axes over swords and can use the Hammer to ORKO Generals (Ike has the Wyrmslayer, but Titania ORKOs Dracoknights anyway). Ike might have the Brave Sword which helps him do some stuff I guess, but overall Ike is more useful than Titania in efficiency due to Part 4, not Part 3.

No, Jeigans/Oifeys cannot be considered lords.

#1 lord goes to my waifu Celica, being the only useful unit in Gaiden along with Alm.

Except for Sigurd is his own Jeigan/Oifey and he is clearly the best lord.