Greatest lord in fire emblem?

Master Roy

Including Jamka and Levin with critical, that's six units with better offense than Sigurd without resources. That's a fair chunk of your combat units; don't underestimate the effect Critical/Hero weapons and rings have on Sigurd's performance.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Including Jamka and Levin with critical, that's six units with better offense than Sigurd without resources. That's a fair chunk of your combat units; don't underestimate the effect Critical/Hero weapons and rings have on Sigurd's performance.

True, but does that not still make him the greatest lord? He can still ORKO everything else reliably with his Silver Sword without needing any resources, and even against armors the only reliable killer is Fin, who'll take a counter most likely. Cuan and Levin need adept procs, and Holyn needs double Luna, which is extremely rare. Against the non-armors, Sigurd is still a god. Not mentioning that he has a mount, making Fin his only competition, but he leaves early, and doesn't completely roflstomp the prologue (he does so with chapter one but that requires a steel Lance which can be used on Sigurd too.)

The chances may be low, but it's higher than Sigurd's 0% (without a 50-kill sword).

In any case, being good at killing generics isn't why people say Sigurd is so great. If he could trivialise the first two chapters, then fell off after that, he wouldn't be called the greatest lord in the series. Sigurd isn't a god unless you use him properly; it's not hard to do, but you still need to know it.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't play Genealogy or Thracia neither, so imo Hector is the best Lord ever in terms of growths, bases and he gains access to swords as a Great Lord, he's pretty much invincible, and even harder difficulty ennemies may struggle fighting him !

The chances may be low, but it's higher than Sigurd's 0% (without a 50-kill sword).

In any case, being good at killing generics isn't why people say Sigurd is so great. If he could trivialise the first two chapters, then fell off after that, he wouldn't be called the greatest lord in the series. Sigurd isn't a god unless you use him properly; it's not hard to do, but you still need to know it.

what is using him "properly"????

How do you use him "improperly"? Just don't have him move and kill things?

• 3 months later...

In terms of gameplay, I'm giving it to Corrin. (S)he can be pretty much any class you want outside of beast classes and "dancers" so that's pretty good in my eyes.

Obviously that's leaving him in a castle and only seizing with him for using him improperly. I really don't know. I mean I just gave Siggy a weapon and a javalin for when he needed it and pretty much just let him go to town.

He's easily your best unit all around in the first gen.

Edited by Augestein

Lyn. She was a god in my Binding Blade game.

Since when was Lyn in FE6?

Also, a squishy avoid based Swordmaster lord whose relevance tapers off after Chapter 10 doesn't seem like a pretty great candidate for "the best lord in Fire Emblem".

Her beginnings feels more like a Gaiden than a main plot point.

She isn't even guaranteed to be a good unit average wise.

Her animations are cool, I'll give her that much.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Since when was Lyn in FE6?

Also, a squishy avoid based Swordmaster lord whose relevance tapers off after Chapter 10 doesn't seem like a pretty great candidate for "the best lord in Fire Emblem".

Her beginnings feels more like a Gaiden than a main plot point.

She isn't even guaranteed to be a good unit average wise.

Her animations are cool, I'll give her that much

My apologies. As much as I love the series I confuse the games sometimes.

As for her avoid basis that was one of her most useful features in my games. and as a blade lord, i ended up using her as a castle clearer and tanking the occasional level with her.

Edited by valieruswanderer

Confession time: I had Sigurd pawn off his Silver Sword, so that Ethlyn could buy it. I figured Siggy already had a pretty good Steel Sword, and Ethlyn's Slim Sword just wasn't cutting it (hah). I also didn't discover the Arena's existence until well into the second generation. So, where Sigurd could have been a horse god, he wound up being just... pretty good. And his son came across a fair disappointment.

Next time, Seliph, you'll get the inheritance you deserve.

Obviously Sigurd for reasons have already been said but i would like to give a shout-out to Marth from FE 1 seeing as how the enemies in that game are ridiculously weak and over half of them die in one-round thanks to the rapier which is a common weapon in armories. On top of that even if a character is in lethal HP range enemies will always go for Marth. He has thief utility via the fire emblem and Mercurius bascially gives Marth Paragon on top of having crazy Might and peing PRF ranked to Marth (if memory is accurate). On top of that Marth get's the Falchion which makes him invunerable to any enemy that isn't a manakete, which speaks for itself.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously Sigurd for reasons have already been said but i would like to give a shout-out to Marth from FE 1 seeing as how the enemies in that game are ridiculously weak and over half of them die in one-round thanks to the rapier which is ...... On top of that Marth get's the Falchion which makes him invunerable to any enemy that isn't a manakete, which speaks for itself.

True. FE 1 Marth is pretty good.

Anyone who has soloed the first generation of FE 4 can tell who the best lord is, in terms of gameplay. Ike may be incredibly strong, but I don't think it is fair to... say, uh... Put all the lords in an arena, and see who would win. Deciding the better character from different games is mostly based on what game they come from, how the game's mechanics favor that character or the resources available to said character. And in that case, Sigurd is still the MVP of the series.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Trying to put together a tier list of the lords from a gameplay perspective, how does this look? (Sothe, Robin and Chris all being excluded). Assumes no grind efficiency, highest difficulty unless the highest is absurd (a.k.a. FE11 Merciless and FE12 & 13 Lunatic).

Top:

Sigurd

Alm 2

Seliph

High:

Corrin Rev.

Marth 1

Corrin CQ

Ike 10

Chrom

Upper Mid:

Corrin BR

Hector (Hector Mode)

Ephraim (Ephraim Route)

Ike 9

Celica 2

Lower Mid

Marth 3B2

Marth 3B1

Marth 12

Leif

Marth 11

Low:

Lyn (EM or HM- it doesn't matter)

Eirika (Eirika Route)

Micaiah

Eliwood (Eliwood Mode)

Bottom:

Roy

This should be a pinned topic with a poll because it's got to be the one of the most asked and debated topics in FE.

Edit: Nevermind it's starred.

Edited by Altina

Best lord in terms of personality, story, and sense of character has to be...

Eliwood or Lucina.