What Gameplay Systems Should Return

noiku

Okay, I Think They Should Return Two Things.

First, Weight.

Second, A Gordin Event

Okay, To Explain The Second One, Gordin Is A Caracter In Shadow Dragon, he is an enemy, but you can recruit him, but when you do, really strong enemies come after you and you have to sacrifice a unit.

EDIT: You can post your own things that should return, not just reply to mine

Edited by tjoracer

But if I sacrifice a unit... it dies... and if it dies... I have to reset... and if it's mandatory that I have to kill off this unit and therefore feel forced to reset due to completionist OCD habits, THEN THE GAME IS EFFIN IMPOSSIBLE. DROP.

Nah, just kidding. I'm not very fond of that whole concept, though,especially if its a unit I care for. And even if it wasn't one I was so fond of, or if it was a unit introduced solely for this purpose, what would be the point?

Now, as for weapon weight? ... Meh. It made weapon variation more significant, I suppose, but otherwise it never mattered a whole lot to me.

Now, as for weapon weight? ... Meh. It made weapon variation more significant, I suppose, but otherwise it never mattered a whole lot to me.

Well, It Did Nerf Holding Nosferatu.

I Mean, When Using My FeMU In Awakening, I'm Running Around With 2 Nosferatus.

Well, It Did Nerf Holding Nosferatu.

I Mean, When Using My FeMU In Awakening, I'm Running Around With 2 Nosferatus.

Eh. Personally I used Ruin a lot more then Nosferatu. I'm not opposed to the idea of weight but I feel like it might get annoying. I guess as you leveled up your limit would increase.

The second part, I don't know... I'd rather not have anyone die. But then... support possibilities... I always wanted to see some MU and Validar support.... hmmm....

Yes, weight!

FE is supposed to be a strategy game. With weight, there's more strategy involved. Do you play it safe with a weaker, lighter weapon? Or take your chances with a heavy, powerful weapon?

ALSO. Pair-up needs to go. Too overpowered. RESCUE, was the equivalent in the past games and that lowered your stats. Now Pair-up makes you borderline invincible. No strategy involved. Just take your 2 most overpowered people and place them in the middle of the map - wait for all the enemies to kill themselves on your units. What the hell? No.

Yes, weight!

FE is supposed to be a strategy game. With weight, there's more strategy involved. Do you play it safe with a weaker, lighter weapon? Or take your chances with a heavy, powerful weapon?

ALSO. Pair-up needs to go. Too overpowered. RESCUE, was the equivalent in the past games and that lowered your stats. Now Pair-up makes you borderline invincible. No strategy involved. Just take your 2 most overpowered people and place them in the middle of the map - wait for all the enemies to kill themselves on your units. What the hell? No.

Oh I don't know... if they nerved it, I think it'd be fine. Maybe they could have the other unit do a hell of a lot less damage then usual as well as nerfing the boosts. Like I said earlier, I'm just a little skeptic about the weight system but it would have players using different strategies..

Oh yeah, I forgot. I need a walking convoy. I want that back.

To be fair, you can do the exact same thing without pair up, especially if a speed bonus is involved. Not as OP, but it still works.

But yeah Dual strike is beyond ridiculous.

Edited by Radiant head

Sure is a shame that Pair Up is already back, then, eh? Well, I for one liked it, though I certainly agree it was overpowered. Rather than its removal in its entirety, what it needs instead is a nerf, and to help that along, a nerf of the support system.

I'll get hate for this, but I want fatigue and dismount back.

I actually do not mind this. Fatigue was an interesting mechanic that added a little realism. Dismount would be pretty cool too as long as they had access to something other than swords. Like maybe spears for some of them.

• weapon weight

magic weapon triangle (that means returning of light magic)

magic bows

ballistas

melee range bows like crossbows, which don't have a fixed attack power

staves like sleep, silence and berserk

fug of war

steal command for thieves

bringing back third tier class instead of endless reclassing

autopromation when reaching level 21

triangle attack

falcon knights use swords

fixing pair up

dismounting

adding a stat similar to movement stars from FE5 instead of bringing back something like galeforce

more mission types

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

I'd like rescue to come back and for pair up to change so both units are targetable by the enemy. One is safer for the paired unit but you a stat penalty. The other is more dangerous but your stats are buffed.

If constitution and weapon weight come back, I want them to be properly explained in-game.

Also, it would be interesting if skills had a charge up mechanic similar to CO Powers in Advance Wars, instead of being Skill% or Luck%.

That would be very interesting, since it removes some RNG dependence as well as layering on some strategy in terms of timing. I'm all for that.

I'm also all for bringing back RD's high ground bonuses and having it expanded upon. Varied map design that takes verticality into account? Yes please!

Edited by The Legendary Falchion