noiku

Here is the units you would use/pair up

(MyUnit x Blank (No chapter 13+ Caracters)

(Chrom x Blank)

For an explanation, lets say Chrom married Sumia and MyUnit Married Lissa. You would only use those four units, NO children

So, my run would be Chrom x Sumia and MyUnit x Cherche.

If you want your married pairs as soon as possible, best go Frederick x Female Avatar and Chrom x Sumia. :P Frederick is the earliest non-Chrom male the female Avatar can marry and Sumia is the earliest non-Avatar female Chrom can marry. But similarly, you could also do Chrom x Sumia and Male Avatar x Lissa for the same results.

If you want your married pairs as soon as possible, best go Frederick x Female Avatar and Chrom x Sumia. :P Frederick is the earliest non-Chrom male the female Avatar can marry and Sumia is the earliest non-Avatar female Chrom can marry.

Chrom can marry Sully, who shows up two chapters earlier. I believe Robin could also settle with Virion if you want to go that route, since you can't build support before Chapter 2 anyway (unless she's physically unable to get to C with just one chapter of points).

There's nothing wrong with going with someone who joins a bit later, though. It's not like you absolutely need the A/S rank bonuses ASAP.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

Everyone forgets Sully even though she's a really powerful in game wife for Chrom. I'd say she's the best non-Avatar for strictly in game purposes, but I'm pretty sure everyone's already settled with their opinions.

Chrom can marry Sully, who shows up two chapters earlier. I believe Robin could also settle with Virion if you want to go that route, since you can't build support before Chapter 2 anyway (unless she's physically unable to get to C with just one chapter of points).

There's nothing wrong with going with someone who joins a bit later, though. It's not like you absolutely need the A/S rank bonuses ASAP.

But you can build support points before then. I know, because Frederick and my Avatar got support points right away when I had them fight beside each other (didn't have pair up yet because I was doing easy mode. It was my first playthrough and all and I'm no expert at FE games) in the prologue. So by the time Sully or Virion show up, Frederick and Avatar (or Lissa and Avatar) will have a head start on gaining access a C support.

And I know you don't need S rank supports asap, I was just making suggestions in case the OP decides to do so.

I forgot about Sully as an option for Chrom though, likely because hardly anyone marries Chrom to her due to a lack of Galeforce.

Edited by Anacybele

Everyone forgets Sully even though she's a really powerful in game wife for Chrom. I'd say she's the best non-Avatar for strictly in game purposes, but I'm pretty sure everyone's already settled with their opinions.

Yeah, this is true. I still prefer Sumia to her but she's nowhere near as bad as popularity would suggest (particularly when not taking the children into account). Notably, she can hit A Lances extremely quickly thanks to Discipline, pick up Aegis from Paladin (or DG+, but GK Sully is pretty meh ingame) and reclass to Wyvern fairly quickly.

However, she doesn't have as much of an availability advantage on Sumia as one would think; as Sumia can reach S by Cht.6 with at least one Event Tile/Seed in Cht.4/5/Par.1. Sully doesn't have the advantage of a fast support and generally ties Sumia at best for S time, despite coming two chapters earlier.

As long as they can get it by Cht.7 they'll be in good shape, but it's still not an advantage.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

True, Sumia has a fantastic support speed with Chrom (something I really like). In the grand scheme of things, they'll S in the same +/- 1 chapter.

Edited by Vascela

A quick look at what Chrom x Sully would look like in a Lunatic(+) run that prioritizes getting it as fast as possible:

C: after Cht.1. They can't reasonably get any event tiles but fortunately don't need one. However Chrom will need to be a ninja if he wants to get support with Robin too.

B: after Cht.2 with an event tile. Using conventional strats, the top one will be unavailable so they need to nail one on the first tile.

A: after Cht.3 with another event tile. Both of the tiles are reachable here but also both very late into the map.

S: after Cht.5 with conventional growths (no Par.1), but doable after Cht.4 if they both use the Seed and get a tile. That's actually completely ridiculous, I guess availability is a strength to Sully after all (she's got a medium fast growth instead of a normal growth, which I forgot).

The question is, is there anything they can actually do with such an early S over Sumia? I'm willing to bet that fort tanking against Wyverns in Cht.5 (especially in vanilla) would become extremely powerful, so yes. I'm definitely doing a run to test this as soon as I get free time.