The Last Promise - Hard Mode/No Growth (V.0.3.2) [Chapter 20]

DH_Ninja

Now that I think about it, maybe you can change a little bit the Last chapters plot and make a better ending, so this patch have a unique gimmick: "you want to Know the real epilogue? Play this patch!!!"

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont know if this has happend to any one else but it seems the king of magnus has learnt how to make himself invisible

fire%20emblem%20ft%20%282%29.png

Intentional. For the time being I left it out because something was causing the rom to break with it. I'll tackle it some other time?

NKcRZfs.png

Hey. We have an update. Check it out on the first post.

-stare-

-deep stare-

-tears well up in both eyes-

She survives in Hard Mode?

-bodily fluid falls from eyes-

-squeeze DH_Ninja with all might enough to snap his back.-

I love you.

hey, this hack seems fun and is an improvement over the standard tlp.

however, cia really didn't need a buff. she's incredibly destructive for a mage and really obsoletes itsuke. i've had some success with him in this, it's just that cia is kinda op already

hey, this hack seems fun and is an improvement over the standard tlp.

however, cia really didn't need a buff. she's incredibly destructive for a mage and really obsoletes itsuke. i've had some success with him in this, it's just that cia is kinda op already

I think all he intended was to nudge her durability out of "gets OHKO'd by hand axes".

The%20Last%20Promise%20Hard01_5.png

although this is ridiculous... (no shields, all she got was a robe)

yeah i don't think she needs a buff, keep her growths the same but increase her base HP and defense by 2 or w/e

7832f4ddf196fc3c4eef9567c13e12b3.png40eb1c703a093a120d07eeca82dc6de0.png

Here's Cia's starting stats in hard vs normal

f229d82b4d01ad20ca8f65adc01a07d0.png240d0247a65caa942b65f6d0f4b0487c.png

Here is her growth data: Hard vs Normal.

I'll keep an eye on some of the changes? But honestly. I think it amounts to you getting considerably lucky with the growths since 6 out of 9 levels had defensive growths. It happens.

I'd turn her growths back anyway, all she needed was the initial boost. Seeing as Itsuke seems to be the more durable mage it's not helping his case...

Also when you were buffing characters you missed the one that sticks out like a sore thumb:

The%20Last%20Promise%20Hard03.pngThe%20Last%20Promise%20Hard01_3.png

Ace can barely do damage with only 5 Strength, and can't even touch the early knights and cavaliers because of how much defense they have. And he's not the only one with damage problems; most characters have trouble killing the enemies in Ch13 (both of them) and 14. I suggest raising Ace's Str base and lowering the enemies' Def/Res in those chapters by a point or two.

VeebRti.png

I'd just like to say that I completed my 0 growth run of TLP last night and felt really proud that I manged to beat it despite the overwhelming difficulty at sometimes.

Additionally. I want also say I updated the patch of the 0 growth mode because Lyam had growths yet and needed to fix that.

As for Hard Mode. I'll try to get an update up soon enough but please throw in suggestions as to where the next patch should be? I'm thinking Chapter 20.

Up to chapter 20 for the next update seems a good idea if only because I'm dying to see what you do with chapter 19 in terms of difficulty tweaks and my favorite character from the hack, heh.

Oh that reminds me, are you going to do a lp of this version too?

Oh that reminds me, are you going to do a lp of this version too?

I should reply to this shouldn't I? In all honesty. I probably won't for a few reasons.

1.) I'm the primary person making the mode and it would be REALLY draining to do that when I already did about 95% of normal. With Constellation.

2.) I have my Death or Glory LP I'm working on right now.

3.) I don't think people would be interested in it, though I could be wrong.

Besides. I think it would be more fun to do other things like release the 0 growth thing or maybe create a reverse-recruitment mode.

• 3 weeks later...

VdM5aLI.png

Nothing significant but I just want to show people that some units are going to be more viable than they were before.

Been busy with other projects. Refocusing on this one for patch's sake.

• 4 weeks later...

So it's been a while. I just want to give everyone a few updates on what's been up on my end.

Went on vacation for a while and there are a few other submissions I'm working on currently. I want to get out another patch soon.

For those who haven't seen.

I intend for the next patch to come out sometime in July. But first I need to get my Ragefest Submission finished. (I mentioned it briefly in the video)

And then after that I'll press this out. If I have time I'll try and rush out Reverse Recruitment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi DH_Ninja, I'm a long-time lurker here and I really want to tell you I enjoyed hard mode a lot! You made some really smart alterations with weapon and enemy placements, it's really challenging but never unfair. To me it made this already great hack even better, a big thank you to you! I'm very much looking forward to the complete hard mode.

A few opinions:

- I'd prefer if staff xp would be returned to normal instead of double. As it is now Tamiko and Emma reach level 20 long before the other units.

- Like some others I'd also prefer Cia to remain unbuffed, bases and growths. Maybe 2-3 HP, but nothing else. With her 65% speed growth and great 1-2 range combat she is already a great unit, let people put some effort into raising her.

- Aqua's xp gain seems bugged, she only got 5 xp for everything, even kills, at level 1. Or is this intentional? As it is, she is practically useless, can't fight properly and can't even steal properly with only 13 speed. Though her canto is really neat :)

And finally, I'm a big fan of zero growths runs and wanted to play this one now. But sadly the patch doesn't work for me (I know how to patch). Could you maybe check again if it's working for you or has anyone else the same problem or any ideas? Also, is TLP somehow protected against nightmare? Because in the character editor there is no data, otherwise I could just edit it myself.

Everytime I use the patch it just gives me a notice that it does not match with the rom being patched. I used NUPS and a clean FE7 rom, is there any wrong with what I used?

I'm not very familiar with the issues NUPS would cause. I'd check an other FAQ before asking me ^^; In any case... I'd just double check NUPS and the Rom file. The patch file should be clean. Just make sure you're not creating a patch and that you're applying it. Other than that, I'm not sure.

Also sorry for the silence guys! I promise I'm working. Haha.

Do you apply the "no growth" patch to a clean FE7 rom or to TLP v2.1 or to TLP hard mode? I would think apply to a clean rom just like hard mode, but that results in a dead rom. If applied to v2.1 or hard mode it results in a FE7 rom with a "Debug Room", but then crashes. In every case the "file doesn't match" notification appears (I'm using "notify" option in NUPS).