The Last Promise - Hard Mode/No Growth (V.0.3.2) [Chapter 20]

DH_Ninja

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0AZYnob.png

OH Man. So what's been going on with this?

Well in short, I burned out for a bit because of some stuff. Things I won't talk about.

Because of that I didn't exactly make my anticipated deadline for the next patch.

What the hell is a deadline?!

But also. I promised myself I wouldn't begin working on this until I could beat the current progress without losing anyone.

So I did that and it took a while and I realized a few things along the way!

14ws0ew.png

And then I worked on data to Chapter 20.

And that's what the coming patch will be up to.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN ITS NOT OUT?

It's playable but I wouldn't exactly call what I have so far ready.

I've got somethings I want to clean up a little further yet because at this point I may as well hope everything came outright.

But here's somethings you can expect.

Fixed some unexpected bugs encountered on chapter 7 and 10.

Fixed a bug where Stephanie wasn't being carried over to other chapters.

Nerfed Cia's defense growth. (Still stronger than before)

Nerfed Inanna's speed, defense and resistance growths. (Still stronger than before)

Buffed Aqua's bases and tweaked her growths

Nerfed the stats of Bosses on Chapter 1,4 and 5.

Arthur, Storm and Aqua rejoin on Chapter 16

Chapters 16,17,17x,18,19,19x, and 20 added.

I'll keep you posted.

Alright the most important question
Will Shon be able to be used in the final chapter? You know, the one where we were all like "Shon, you could've totally taken on *SPOILERS*"

The patch is up. I had to cut out some dialog and stuff so it would feel less incomplete. I recommend playing from the start since it could get funky.

EDIT: Alright so the CORRECT patch is up.

Edited by DH_Ninja

Having weird issues with both patches.

0% growths just refuses to patch for some odd reason. I try and put it on a clean FE7 rom and it either does not patch or the rom doesn't work.

Hard Mode randomly gave me Gary and Frederick in Chapter 1.

Having weird issues with both patches.

0% growths just refuses to patch for some odd reason. I try and put it on a clean FE7 rom and it either does not patch or the rom doesn't work.

Hard Mode randomly gave me Gary and Frederick in Chapter 1.

I thought I patched that out.

So. I mixed up some files and put on some reverse recruitment stuff I toyed around with. I'm not sure why it wouldn't patch though.

Are you sure it's entirely clean?

EDIT: I know I just patched it out and tested it so it -should- be fixed.

Edited by DH_Ninja

Rom is squeaky clean. The same copy of the ROM patches Hard Mode just fine so I'm just confused.

EDIT: The end of Chapter 6 has an unrelated cutscene involving Logan and Anakin for some reason, so I assume that's a bug.

Edited by Shugey

I'll look into fixing it. It looks I overwrote the scene with Aqua. I'll try and put in a fix soonish once I'm sure a few other matters are done. I'll look into the end of Ch.16. A lot of this is a work in progress yet. My testers haven't always been around so a lot of it has been by my own hand. Find anything else post it here.

• 7 months later...

Hey i totally realize that this post is probably dead but i just thought id point out the Stephanie bug is still happening where shes not being carried over to chapter 15. Is there anything i can do to fix it?

Oh. I would just call it a Hiatus. I've been hard pressed to work on much of anything for a while. I have some stuff prepped but I have to do some things on my end to work out the technical issues. I can't promise anything immediately. I never put out anything I'm not comfortable with. Maybe there'll be a small patch?

But thanks for the expressed interest.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey. I finished playing through what you've done so far, and I have a few bits of feedback I'd like to share with you.

Generally, I feel the difficulty is about where it should be. However, I believe there are a few changes you've made that result in certain sections of the game being too dependent on luck. The two major offenders here are the Wish-shiv thieves in Chapters 17 and 19 and Howard in Chapter 18. Even my most accurate lance-wielders average only around 60% accuracy against these thieves. Combined with the armor-piercing nature of the Wish-shiv and its high crit rate, they caused me to reset frequently to get past the opening half of Chapter 17 and parts of Chapter 19.

My issue with Howard is that his stats are so high for that point in the game that any unpromoted unit cannot face him without risking being one-rounded. Sending Shon up against him for his sidequest is thus borderline suicidal. However, I like that his base stats make him worthwhile once he joins your army, so I don't believe nerfing him directly would be the best way to address this problem. Rather, I'd suggest simply getting rid of the Amulet in his inventory in Chapter 18, since it pushes his AS up to the point where he can double so many of your units. It's already hard enough to even land hits against him without risking having all your work undone by him one-rounding whoever you send against him.

On a smaller note, the Munio shaman in Chapters 17 and 19 are annoying to deal with, since actually killing them forces you to slowly whittle down their tome uses and thus slows the pace of the chapter down to a crawl, but they don't feel nearly as cheap to go up against as the enemies I mentioned earlier. I'm also experiencing the glitch where Stephanie disappears from the army after Chapter 15, but you've already addressed that problem in a previous post, so I won't harp on it. I also noticed a few spelling and grammatical errors in the text you've added in the hack (such as Mina's dialogue when she joins the army).

My issue with Howard is that his stats are so high for that point in the game that any unpromoted unit cannot face him without risking being one-rounded. Sending Shon up against him for his sidequest is thus borderline suicidal. However, I like that his base stats make him worthwhile once he joins your army, so I don't believe nerfing him directly would be the best way to address this problem. Rather, I'd suggest simply getting rid of the Amulet in his inventory in Chapter 18, since it pushes his AS up to the point where he can double so many of your units. It's already hard enough to even land hits against him without risking having all your work undone by him one-rounding whoever you send against him.

Seconding this; Howard is by far the worst offender as far as bullshit difficulty is concerned, and I recall whittling him down was a pain in the behind. There's an easy solution to nerfing him though: just remove the boosts his weapons give him.

Another problem I noticed is the Bolting Mage near your starting point in Chapter 15. He OHKOs base Tekun and can be a pain to deal with due to his high bulk (for a Mage) and having forest cover.

Edited by X-Naut

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...