Relationship Poll! Four Questions :)

153 members have voted

1. 1. Should Fire Emblem:If have in-game Relationships?(End-game is another thing.)

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should there be Homosexual Relationships?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't want ANY relationships,at all,not even straight ones.
  3. 3. If yes,should there be a choice for the player,to set up characters "sexual preference",should it be random,or predestined by the game developers?

• Setting it up!
    • Random~
    • The choice lies with the game maker,not me!
    • I answered no.
  4. 4. End-Game,should you be able to have a bit of more choice in the character endings,romantically,I mean.

• Yes
    • No

So,this is a quick poll,I jsut want to know what you guys think. I myself,would prefer end-game relationships/mid-game,if we have a second gen,but I also think that your characters should be able to romance most characters,not all,but most. :) You can expand upon what you chose if you like,have a good day! :tangerineisthedevil::Ilyana::KnollRoll:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No homosexual pairings please. I'm not into that at all. Or at least, I'd like PLENTY of heterosexual options in comparison.

Otherwise, I don't really mind how IS handles pairings in the game as long as they're cute/awesome and there's a nice variety in paired ending choices. :)

Edited by Anacybele

Save them for the endings, bring back implied homosexual pairings if they don't feel they can go all out for some reason. As for the Avatar I guess they'd have to be able to date anyone or there would be riots. So maybe you can have choices in the Avatar's supports between romantic and non-romantic relationships with any character.

I want there to be relationships--perhaps not "anyone can marry anyone, gender permitting" like in Awakening. A few choices for most would be nice. Maybe some of the characters shouldn't even be able to marry at all.

The avatar is the exception; I think the avatar should be able to marry anyone, pretty much. We could overcomplicate things and make some "only gay" or "only straight" characters, but the avatar being able to marry virtually anyone would just be simpler!

Edited by Respite&Nepenthe

Fire Emblem has always had relationships. Even before the support system there were paired endings. Support and get paired ending at the end or more in-depth like fe4 and fe13's marriage systems it doesn't matter which, relationships have always been a thing in fire emblem and in no way do I want them gone.

Yes and yes for the first two.

Third question seems a little oddly phrased. I think it should be an option in-game that certain characters can have homosexual or heterosexual relationships, some are hetero only, and some are homo only (fewest here, but a couple would be nice). I chose the "Setting it up" option since that seems the most similar.

I don't know how there would be more choice in paired endings, so I just chose no.

Just because you're not into it doesn't mean it doesn't exist; It's not like a pairing is suddenly obscene just because two people of the same gender is involved or something, gay people aren't there for our shipping pleasure, they simply exist and I see no reason to not put people who exist in

I don't mind pairing characters. I'm okay with kids if they work well, but I don't want them to sacrifice story and gameplay just to get kids. I'd really like a not everyone can marry everyone system where the characters still get a decent-sized pool, but people who utterly lack romantic chemistry with them will either just not support or support platonically, depending on the character.

Basically pair characters by making sense plsthx

The avatar is the exception; I think the avatar should be able to marry anyone, pretty much. We could overcomplicate things and make some "only gay" or "only straight" characters, but the avatar being able to marry virtually anyone would just be simpler!

Could always just go with Avatar gets with whoever is attracted to their gender

Like male avatar could get with straight women, gay men, and bi anyone, female avatar get with straight men, lesbian women, and bi anyone

It's still pretty simple coding-wise and still covers anyone who isn't just flat out not getting with anyone period

Edited by Thor Odinson

http://gyazo.com/551151ca228195fa64c2c64e550892ab

I'm sorry I couldn't resist. But this. From what I've heard of it, a DA:I-like setup seems pretty bueno--good representation density, actual character depth, predetermined* sexuality.

*not saying a character having a romantic self-discovery plotline/support would be at all bad, but you get what I mean.

I agree with Red Fox and Thor on this one. Yes to both hetero and homosexual pairings, but all characters have preset preferences where some are only attracted to one gender and some are attracted to both though they may favor one over the other. And Avatar can marry anyone that is attracted to their gender.

http://gyazo.com/551151ca228195fa64c2c64e550892ab

I'm sorry I couldn't resist. But this. From what I've heard of it, a DA:I-like setup seems pretty bueno--good representation density, actual character depth, predetermined* sexuality.

*not saying a character having a romantic self-discovery plotline/support would be at all bad, but you get what I mean.

Mhm,I agree,DA:I had a pretty good set-up,but of course it'd include an increased character pool,but what would the equivalent of Race-Gating be? Class-gating? 0_0

I wouldn't mind any homosexual pairings at all. It might be interesting to have the avatar as bisexual, just to give them more options. I can only imagine the hilarity when new players realise what an S rank means.

I wouldn't mind any homosexual pairings at all. It might be interesting to have the avatar as bisexual, just to give them more options. I can only imagine the hilarity when new players realise what an S rank means.

I think your avatar pretty well illustrates what they would be like.

I'd be all for homosexual relationships if I had 100% faith that Intsys won't thoughtlessly shoehorn them in for diversity's sake, but I do have my doubts. I feel like Awakening tested the waters a bit with it's wide variety of supports, and if the support log is less bloated with stupid supports (Nowi/Lon'qu) and moreso with meaningful ones (Maribelle/Lon'qu) then I'd have more confidence and be on board 100%.

Edited by Trickeroo

isn't 99.99% of pairings in FE entirely optional anyway

off the top of my head there's only PentLouise A that's non-optional; You can even break up Micaiah and Sothe's A

I mean, you'd still have to press that goddamn S rank button yourself

Right, only played PoR once so don't really remember much details from that game.

But yeah. 2 autoA supports, plus I guess if you want to finagle Bartre and Karla's ending (in that they end up together even if you A rank other people; the endings are just more subtle about it but it's pretty obvious given FE6 anyway), out of...way too many supports to count. IIRC in FE7 alone there's 115, judging by stuff I counted for space allocation in RomHacks.

So, mostly everything is pretty optional, anyway, supportwise.

i answered yes to everything since i don't have a problem with more stuff in the game, but i'm also not sure if that's what time on the game would be best spent on. i'd rather have some more "fire emblem" ideas incorporated in the game than give it more dating sim-like elements like bonus experience or something of the sort.

I think the poll options are worded ambiguously. I assumed you meant Awakening style eugenics romancing but the way you worded the options, it could also refer to people having canon relationships (Pent/Louise).

At any rate, I voted no on everything except endgame. Having anyone be able to date/marry anyone just lowers support quality so we have "I made you a pie" "Okay, let's get married" conversations. Furthermore, it just simplifies things down to "Everyone wants to get married and have children! Platonic relationship, what's that?"

I certainly don't think it should be up to the player to decide the characters' (besides the avatar's) sexuality, or have the "everyone is bi" set up of Dragon Age 2.

Could always just go with Avatar gets with whoever is attracted to their gender

Like male avatar could get with straight women, gay men, and bi anyone, female avatar get with straight men, lesbian women, and bi anyone

It's still pretty simple coding-wise and still covers anyone who isn't just flat out not getting with anyone period

This comes with it's own problems.

1. It assumes that just because two people are gender compatible, they want to be in a romantic relationship,

2. What if I want my character to be a heterosexual male but have him bro it up with a gay or bisexual man? How would the game differentiate between platonic and romantic interest from the player unless you had a complicated, choice-based romance system (which is already straying away from what FE is about)?

Having anyone be able to date/marry anyone just lowers support quality so we have "I made you a pie" "Okay, let's get married" conversations.

The OP specifically states that characters shouldn't be able to marry just anyone.

Furthermore, it just simplifies things down to "Everyone wants to get married and have children! Platonic relationship, what's that?"

The options presented don't preclude the possibility of platonic relationships.

1. It assumes that just because two people are gender compatible, they want to be in a romantic relationship,

No, it does not.

2. What if I want my character to be a heterosexual male but have him bro it up with a gay or bisexual man? How would the game differentiate between platonic and romantic interest from the player unless you had a complicated, choice-based romance system (which is already straying away from what FE is about)?

I mean, you'd still have to press that goddamn S rank button yourself

Avatar is kinda a different case than normal characters if we're gonna think of them as an extension of the player with all the custom bits, at any rate

Now, if they were a standalone character instead of meant to be someone you can fill in some shit about and not customise, I'd probably give them the limitations as everyone else

But yeah unless game pulls Avatar /has/ to be married within x chapters else highest support gets them like Chrom's ass, you, as a player, have full control of what you want them to do in terms of supporting people

Edited by Thor Odinson