Guide to S-Ranking Lyn Mode AND Getting Nils to Lvl 7! (While using both Stat Boosters)!

FionordeQuester

Whoo, and there we go! The Chapter 7x strat has finally been fixed, so lo and behold!

Chapter 7x: Matthew and Lyn have Iron Sword (Units Used: Lyn, Sain, Kent, Flor, Erk, Rath, Nils, Matthew, Dorcas and Lucius)
Fire%20Emblem%201.png
Fire%20Emblem%202.png
Fire%20Emblem%203.png
Turn 1: Flor kills soldier, Matthew moves west for Nils to dance him (with Nils himself being just east of Flor). Put Matthew 2 west of Flor, position Sain to kill brigand on counter-attack w/sword, get Kent next to Nils and Flor, put Rath below Sain, move Lyn west as far as she can, move Dorcas and Lucius below Lyn, and move Erk 2 west.
Fire%20Emblem%204.png
Turn 2: Sain breaks wall, Matthew steals Vulnerary from west, Nils dances for him, Flor kills the archer from above, and then Matthew goes 2 south and 3 east. Rath goes 2 north and 1 east, Lyn west of Rath, Lucius below Lyn, Dorcas south of Rath, and Kent goes somewhere in treasure room.
Fire%20Emblem%205.png
Turn 3: Matthew steals Vulnerary, Flor goes 3 south of soldier, Nils dances for Flor on pillar, Kent above Flor, Rath rescues Matthew and goes above Sain, then Sain drops Matthew onto chest and stops 2 west of Kent. Dorcas attacks cavalry from close up, Erk kills it from any spot in the east, and Lucius and Lyn go up (with Lyn equipped with Mani Katti).
Fire%20Emblem%206.png
Turn 4: Flor kills soldier from the west...
Fire%20Emblem%207.png
Matthew steals Lockpick from above (making sure he's got 3 inventory spaces before he does so)...
Fire%20Emblem%208.png
Fire%20Emblem%209.png
Nils dances for Matthew from above, Matthew loots Hammer...
Fire%20Emblem%2010.png
Rath rescues Matthew and goes next to Kent, Kent drops Matthew below Nils and goes 1 north and 2 east of Nils, and Sain goes 2 south of Beyard w/Javelin equipped. Finally, have Dorcas go west of cracked wall, and have Lyn go as far north as she's able with her Iron Sword equipped.
Fire%20Emblem%2011.png
Turn 5: Have Rath hit the Thief, have Flor finish him off, have Dorcas kill the last soldier, Sain kills Beyard...
Fire%20Emblem%2012.png
Lyn goes onto pillar and kills merc with Mani Katti, Matthew steals Vulnerary from remaining merc with help from Nils, and then Kent rescues Matthew (so merc will target Lyn on enemy phase).
Fire%20Emblem%2013.png
Fire%20Emblem%2014.png
Now THIS one has a strategy that I'm particular fond of. There's a TAS for S-Ranking Lyn Mode out right now, and that TAS also steals all the Vulneraries just like Melth did. So my strategy is mostly an adaptation of that, except, instead of getting Matthew to crit like the TAS did, I found a way so that it wouldn't be needed.
Edited by FionordeQuester

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another update. I don't know what happened when I was writing the Chapter 6 strat, but for some reason, it didn't work for me upon another replay, so, I remade it again, this time with the pictures and everything, and a better level up for Sain!

In addition, it turns out that my Chapter 7 strategy was wrong to take the level up without Strength for Sain, as it caused him to have problems with Yogi later, so I fixed that as well.

Aaaaaand here's the new Chapter 8!

Chapter 8: Florina has Javelin Equipped (Units Used: Lyn, Sain, Kent, Flor, Dorcas, Nils, Lucius and Serra)

Fire%20Emblem%201.png

Turn 1: Sain equips Iron Lance and moves east. Then Flor rescues Lyn before going 4 south and 3 east. Then Nils dances for Flor from above, Flor drops Lyn onto forest and goes north, Kent goes as far south as he can, and Serra, Dorcas and Lucius go east.

Fire%20Emblem%202.png

Fire%20Emblem%203.png
Turn 2: Lucius goes east to get Lancereaver next turn, Sain OHKO's mage from west w/lance, Serra heals Nils, Flor rescues Sain and goes 3 south of Nils, Nils dances for her...

Fire%20Emblem%2010.png

And then Flor goes south and drops Sain east. Finally, Lyn goes south into forest, and Kent goes as far southeast as he can.

Fire%20Emblem%204.png

Fire%20Emblem%205.png

Fire%20Emblem%206.png
Turn 3: Lucius gets Lancereaver, Sain puts himself right above Yogi w/lance equipped but does not attack, Dorcas kills Shaman, Nils dances for experience, Lyn kills archer, Flor flies right next to both of the forts, and then Kent kills the Ballista archer.

Fire%20Emblem%207.png

Fire%20Emblem%208.png

Now for the last enemy phase...

Fire%20Emblem%209.png

And there we go!

Alright, almost done...

Chapter 9: (Units Used: Lyn, Sain, Kent, Flor, Dorcas, Nils and Rath)

Fire.png

Turn 1: Flor rescues Lyn and goes 1 east past bridge, Nils dances for Flor, Flor drops Lyn to the right, and then Flor goes 1 south. Sain goes 1 east of Nils, Rath goes north and 2 west of northern fortress, Kent goes into southernmost forest w/lance, and have Dorcas walk up to fortress as Wallace gets the Torch.

Fire.png

Turn 2: Dorcas kills soldier...

Fire.png

Flor goes 2 west of Eagler, Sain kills merc and then goes below Flor with Nil's help, and Rath goes 2 west.

Fire.png

Fire.png

Turn 3: Lyn kills cavalier, Sain attacks Eagler, Nils dances for Lyn from below, Lyn goes 1 west, Dorcas goes west next to fort, have Wallace go 2 south, and then put Rath southeast of him. That way, the northern brigand will aggro towards Kent and not towards Dorcas.

Fire%20Emblem%206.png

Fire%20Emblem%207.png

Turn 4: Kent kills northern brigand w/lance, Flor kills archer, Sain kills Eagler...

Fire%20Emblem%208.png

And then Lyn seizes the castle!

Fire%20Emblem%209.png

Awesome!

Isn't that 5skill not a bit low on Sain? Sure, his strength and speed are great, but how well will he do in HHM?

Will retry your chapters after beating my S-ranked HNM run. Need some better stats for HHM I think, my Lyn and

Florina AND Kent AND Sain all sucked beyond believe in it. Lowen was heavenly blessed though. Maxed speed,

strength AND defense? Owh yes please.

I thought of that as well...but it's actually only something like, two points below his average, which...still isn't great...but Strength, Speed, and Defense are kind of the three stats to rule them all, so even with some lowish Skill and Luck and stuff, I still figure it's worth it to do all this. Plus, the huge amount of Strength and Speed helps to cut down on how many uses Sain goes through when using his weapons, which helps the Fund Ranks. Not sure if that ultimately matters in the end, but, we'll see once I redo Chapter 10.

So really, I'm just guessing that those losses in Skill and Luck won't ultimately be that important.

EDIT: That said though, one thing I do regret is not trying harder to get more Defense level ups. I probably could have sacrificed some points of Speed just to get some more of that.

Alright then, I just re-ran Lyn Mode real quickly, and I haven't come up with any changes...except for one. In Chapter 7x, instead of getting Sain an HP + Str + Spd level up, I got him a Str + Skl + Def + Res level instead, in order to buff his defenses and skill slightly. Unfortunately, the level up screen present in Chapter 8 is still unchanged, but other than that, I have updated them and the Chapter 7x strategy to reflect this change.

First of all, thank you for this guide! I can't even begin to imagine how you figured this all out.

Anyway, as I was following along I got stuck on chapter 3. More specifically, this part:

Fire%20Emblem%2017.png

So far, everything was going well, I even got the exact levels you showed. But the guide call for me to kill the archer with Sain. The archer attacked Florina and was too far away for Sain to hit. I tried to see what would happen if Sain killed the sword guy and Lyn killed the archer but it just messed up the next level. Am I missing something here?

I haven't troubleshooted this to see what went wrong for you myself, but one possibility is that you skipped cutscenes where he didn't or vice versa prior to starting the chapter. Try resetting and starting the chapter over and skipping all of the cutscenes (mash start). Do you still have a problem after that?

Yeah. What should happen is that Sain kills the merc in one hit with his Iron Lance, and then Lyn kills the archer. If that doesn't work, I'd recommend restarting as well, see if you missed something.

EDIT: Oh...wait. There's a typo in the strat itself. It should read that Sain kills the merc, and then Lyn kills the archer. My bad :( .

I figured it out. I'm supposed to attack the boss with a sword, not the lance. That seems super obvious but given how we've already attacked several axes with lances I wasn't sure how to do it.

Onward!

Yeah, that was basically my thought process on WTA vs. WTD. If you're using the obvious weapon to use, I don't specify. But if you AREN'T, and you're attacking axes with lances, then I will specifically say that. That said though, I probably didn't make that completely clear, so I added a blurb to the Chapter 1 strategy to explain that :):.

Cool. So another question. At the end of Chapter 4, it says

7: Kent uses lance on brigand, Flor attacks merc, Sain attacks Carjiga with lance.

However, whenever I've tried this, Sain keeps dying :(

I know at least I've been following up to turn 5 since Florina gets the critical on the mercenary, and turn 6 is dead easy. Is this another typo? I ask because when I attack with the sword, Sain survives and levels up HP, Str, Spd, and Def.

Hmm...well, I just tried it, and...it worked. Did you have Sain attack Carjiga from the Forest? That might've changed things. Just in case though, I'm going to upload pictures to that chapter in just a few minutes.

EDIT: Alright, just added pictures to that Chapter. Hope that helps you troubleshoot things!

Yes, he attacks from the forest with the iron sword. He dies when he attacks with the iron lance from the same spot.

So after running through it again, now lv. 6 Sain only wants HP and Res, no Str or Spd. So I don't even know how Florina managed to critical on turn 5 if I messed up the levels on turn 1, unless somehow I burnt the exact number of RNs to sync back up.

So after checking the stats, apparently my Sain is missing a speed stat somewhere. He should have 10 at level 5, correct?

EDIT: Ran through Ch. 1-3 again, but now Sain wants Str, Skill, Spd, and Res. Still no HP.

EDIT 2: Aha! I think I found the problem. Just simply saying that Lyn ends up below Wil, or that Kent goes one space northwest of that, may not be enough. I finally got that HP/Str/Spd/Res level 6, and I think it was because I changed how I moved the four characters inside the ruins. What's really odd was that despite never getting the proper stats on Sain, Lyn was still exactly the same. I distinctly remember that Luck/Def level up seemed oddly below-average. It's working fine now, on to Chapter 5!

Edited by RainBuckets

Yeah, I've put some new pictures onto that Chapter, especially since you're not the only one who's had trouble with it. It's also possible that you might've moved people in a way that you forced the game to redraw their movement arrows. Careful of that! You could accidentally burn an RN or two that way!

lol this topic

you guys, if you want to actually make a guide that's easy to follow, create a notation instead of explaining the moves with prose:

M0i8Se4.png

once someone learns the notation, then it's super easy to follow and very compact and organized.

Edited by dondon151

Yeah, I've put some new pictures onto that Chapter, especially since you're not the only one who's had trouble with it. It's also possible that you might've moved people in a way that you forced the game to redraw their movement arrows. Careful of that! You could accidentally burn an RN or two that way!

Okay, so the game ONLY burns RNs if they draw the arrows automatically? And that means I can make the paths as squiggly as possible if the don't? I've been so stressed over that haha.

lol this topic

you guys, if you want to actually make a guide that's easy to follow, create a notation instead of explaining the moves with prose:

M0i8Se4.png

once someone learns the notation, then it's super easy to follow and very compact and organized.

This sounds very easy to follow. But if Fion doesn't want to rewrite the entire guide, that's fine too.

• 1 month later...

Well holy crap, it decided to work now. I have literally no idea what changed from the last times I played.

My only guess is that I try to move people so fast that I accidentally burn RNs when moving, but I've seriously played this level like twenty times and they've all failed so far. Well, not failed, but I didn't get the desired levels.

Umm...thanks.

Florina dies on 7x. She takes one hit from the soldier on turn 1, then the archer brings her to 4 HP. So instead of attacking Nils on the pillar, the soldier attacks Florina on turn 3. Is she supposed to dodge the archer or the first soldier?

Edit: I made Florina chug a Vulnerary to bring her HP up to 14. Everything fell into place after that and all the levels followed so I hope it works out ok in the end. Do you think one use of a Vulnerary will ruin the funds rank?

Edit 2: Oh, you use the Robe on Florina. That's why she has 27 health. Duh.

Edited by RainBuckets

Okay, this is something I'm sure you can help me with instead of me just being bad at following directions and figuring it out later.

Chapter 10 is annoyingly long and Florina keeps dying on turn 7. The problem is that I'm not sure if Rath has a bow equipped or not, or if Florina is supposed to engage ever or just wait for the enemy to attack her (since it seems she'll save some HP by attacking first). Could you post the level ups for Nils, etc. so I know if I'm doing it right? They wouldn't even need to be screenshots, just the text would be a huge help.

Edited by RainBuckets

Ah, yeah, Chapter 10...I'll be honest, I haven't finished that one yet. It probably worked last time, but with the improvements I've made, it may not be viable anymore.

Sorry about that, and so sorry for the late response! I'll have that strat fixed soon, although it may not be immediately. I'm extremely busy with school and all that. Thank you so much for being so patient though RainBucket, I'm sure it couldn't have been easy!

I can always complete the chapter "normally" and then go back and re-do the save. I'm mostly interested in the level ups and I play on GBA4iOS, so I can make save states and redo them if they suck.

Totally understand about the school thing. I just entered college. I hate having to be "responsible" and "do my homework". Thanks for all the other chapters!