Shapeshifter predictions, and how do you want them to be utilized

boboliontamer

DON'T SAY IT THERE'S STILL HOPE!!!!!!!!!!! Anything but taguel would be fine.

Aww, I liked taguel. I do wish we'd gotten a whole culture behind them instead of a "last of their race" thing, but I liked Panne and LOVED Yarne. If this is far enough in the future (or a prequel or just a different world) it'd be great to have a whole culture. And I'd love it if them and Manakete weren't the only types of shifters in the game. Plus I love rabbits so I gotta love a rabit beast class. I do still wish their fighting had a larger difference from the regular characters though.

I just didn't really like the way they were used in the game. The whole beast stone thing just didn't do it for me, there was no variety at all. Maybe if they explained their backstory a bit more than "Yeah my race died. So I'm special. Please use me," I wouldn't mind it as much, but thats really all there was to them. And I guess the bunnies just didn't do it for me, I would've much preferred something that actually hunts and kills in the wild.

I just didn't really like the way they were used in the game. The whole beast stone thing just didn't do it for me, there was no variety at all. Maybe if they explained their backstory a bit more than "Yeah my race died. So I'm special. Please use me," I wouldn't mind it as much, but thats really all there was to them. And I guess the bunnies just didn't do it for me, I would've much preferred something that actually hunts and kills in the wild.

my response "yeah I really have no use for you so please go extinct"

Assuming kamui is really a dragon, I wonder how will he/she transform? What will be the trigger? Transforming at will without a dragonstone or with one? A deus ex machina plot where he/she pull it off because his/her army are in danger? Or just something he/she will gain from promotion?

Or assume your wife/husband got kidnapped or nearly got killed, a rage Kamui go super sayian dragon on the enemies asses. XD

Honestly I really do hope now that Kamui is a dragon now.

Edited by Awakener_

Assuming kamui is really a dragon, I wonder how will he/she transform? What will be the trigger? Transforming at will without a dragonstone or with one? A deus ex machina plot where he/she pull it off because his/her army are in danger? Or just something he/she will gain from promotion?

Or assume your wife/husband got kidnapped or nearly got killed, a rage Kamui go super sayian dragon on the enemies asses. XD

Honestly I really do hope now that Kamui is a dragon now.

If Kamui is a dragon, I have a feeling it will just be for story/cutscene purposes. The trailer shows Kamui with a special sword so it'd be weird if s/he ditched it for a dragon stone (although I wouldn't be against this either). Maybe the Fire Emblem that the dancer caries IS a dragon stone.

Okay, I'm making this up as I go, so bear with me. We've always had a whole separate race that shapeshifts, right? Well, what if we had a human class, like Changeling or Druid, that could utilize different stones or talismans to shape shift and mold it to fit any role? For example, some kind of bear talisman would make it a slow-but-powerful tank, or the fast but squishy tiger? Or the Snake, while somewhat weak, could poison tough foes and weaken them? I dunno. We would still need Manaketes or some other race, though, since all evidence from the trailer points to Dancing Queen and Kamui being dragons.

I don't mind taguel coming back if they get buff,I have heard people say that refuel are unsavagable but I think with a bit of of rebalancing they can work, that and I don't want to give up an idea that fast (Imagine after FE1 the developers said that "Playable Axe users are unsavalagable might as well give up on the idea") an idea I had would be to 1. Up the bonuses from beast stones and 2. give them different beaststones that give them different advantages (A standard well balanced one, a defensive one, a one that gives a large strength bonus, one that gives a large speed bonus, one that gives weaker bonuses but acts as a brave weapon, and maybe a slightly weaker than average one that has 1-2 range) kind of like Manakete in FE12.

Xane

Nough said

I WANT MORE XANE

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE XANE

MY YES. ALL OF IT. Or at least let's have another unit like Xane.

I'd also really like to see the return of multiple beast/dragon forms ala Tellius and Archanea if those shapeshifter types come back. So, something along the lines of what weso12 said.

Edited by The Legendary Falchion

At the very least, i think there should be more variety of either transformation stones, or a variety of subclasses. Just to give the classes a bit more depth. Or even seeing manaketes use their claws in melee range.

A crazy idea that I think would be cool, is to see a shapeshifter that is also capable of using human weapons in their human form. It would be interesting in a FE game to see shapeshifters mixed with society rather than being some kind of exotic creature.

A crazy idea that I think would be cool, is to see a shapeshifter that is also capable of using human weapons in their human form. It would be interesting in a FE game to see shapeshifters mixed with society rather than being some kind of exotic creature.

I could see that working. Shapeshifting could just be another kind of magic that can be studied by humans.

• 2 weeks later...

Also a Xane type character would be cool to have, it's on my list along with hunters, bow armors, playables ballisticians as a seperate characters, and FE1 shooters of "interesting ideas that have never really been fully explored that might not pan out well, but I'd still like to see again."

I was hoping there would be a more variety in their attacks but from what we see so far it just looks like the same dragonstones from Awakening. Maybe they'll have some additional attacks later on, but I doubt it. But then there's also the fact that now there's ranks to the dragonstones, so maybe you can eventually upgrade for variety? Not sure.

For now, better transformations. I don't want to be a Pokemon. Or a Fish. Or a Eldritch something.

I want to be a real f#cking dragon. None of that J-RPG crap.

Still curious and interested about a Manakete-Lord though.

It appears to pretty much to use the a Manakete mechanics from awakening based on the transformation. whether there be other dragon stones with a different dragon form is unknown however it looks likely that there are more dragon stones unless the weapon level used is like RD weber it affects the stats of stones...

My guess is IF won't contain the Archanea Dragonstone set, and will either only have Awakening's Dragonstones, and Kamui's personal Dragonstone, or there will be a new set of Dragonstones, and accompanying Dragon tribes.

Kamui's resembles a mythological creature known as a Kirin as well.

I know this probably won't happen, but I would love to see a "weapon triangle" for manaketes and/or shapeshifters. Basially one type of dragonstone would beat out another type of dragonstone. Or perhaps one type of shapeshifter would hold advantage over another type. Something that keeps them from being too OP would be awesome!

I know this probably won't happen, but I would love to see a "weapon triangle" for manaketes and/or shapeshifters. Basially one type of dragonstone would beat out another type of dragonstone. Or perhaps one type of shapeshifter would hold advantage over another type. Something that keeps them from being too OP would be awesome!

I wonder what would beat Divinestones, Earthstones?

Also reminded of how Fire Dragons/FireStones dealt extra Damage to Ice Dragons in the original Mystery.

Heck yeah! I'd love stone types to return with a new stone triangle. Unfortunately, I think Kamui's dragonstone was just called "dragonstone" in the screenshot showing his stats, if I'm not mistaken? Someone check the Japanese kanji for the dragonstone in the screenshot and confirm or deconfirm what I said.