Fire Emblem - The Sacred Overhaul

scorcher9009

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried it. took me about 4 hours to get through it all though ti was mostly just Ehpraim (and later Knoll) soloing it all. Up to the DK who needs a Lunacrit lol. Anyways I just put down a few things that popped out to me which seems to be off. You know aside from most of the things being way off balance.

-Chapter 3 got changed to Pirate and cannot move. It's annoying to have Vanessa with 14% hit rate trrying to Javelin him for over 140 turns.
-Errr. Everyone seems a bit overtuned while the enemies hardly changed in power....
-Dozla and L'Arachel have actually problems surviving because Dozla is a level 1 brigand. Oh and his weapon level is too low to use his axe. derp.
-The scene where Eirika and Ehpraim promote is glitching out. though it doesn't stop the game from functioning.
-Knoll.... in every way.
-Legendary weapons ahve 0 uses and break when you try to use them.... oops.
-Lol Knoll can summon cyclopses? Actually pretty cool.
-The level 30 thing seems to actually work. Yay!
-I found a phantom in my unit selection. Lol the cyclopses actually stay as a selectable unit after the map is done.... weird.

I tried it. took me about 4 hours to get through it all though ti was mostly just Ehpraim (and later Knoll) soloing it all. Up to the DK who needs a Lunacrit lol. Anyways I just put down a few things that popped out to me which seems to be off. You know aside from most of the things being way off balance.

attempting to use a Triangle Attack!Pierce strategy.

-Chapter 3 got changed to Pirate and cannot move. It's annoying to have Vanessa with 14% hit rate trrying to Javelin him for over 140 turns.

i used iron lance and moving back to heal

-Errr. Everyone seems a bit overtuned while the enemies hardly changed in power....

balance is not apparent in this hack

-Dozla and L'Arachel have actually problems surviving because Dozla is a level 1 brigand. Oh and his weapon level is too low to use his axe. derp.

dozla becomes top-tier

-The scene where Eirika and Ehpraim promote is glitching out. though it doesn't stop the game from functioning.

same

-Knoll.... in every way.

too op

-Legendary weapons ahve 0 uses and break when you try to use them.... oops.

failed attempt at unbreakable

-Lol Knoll can summon cyclopses? Actually pretty cool.

probably unintentional

-The level 30 thing seems to actually work. Yay!

more pierce procs :D

-I found a phantom in my unit selection. Lol the cyclopses actually stay as a selectable unit after the map is done.... weird.

ikr, so wierd.

Edited by RandomSwordmaster

I feel like I should have told you guys sooner, this hack was purely for practice purposes, I used this to practice my hacking (lack there of) skills. Also, I love the fact that you played Guile's theme there. XD

Edited by scorcher9009

I feel like I should have told you guys sooner, this hack was purely for practice purposes, I used this to practice my hacking (lack there of) skills. Also, I love the fact that you played Guile's theme there. XD

One of my favorite video game songs, and the fact that it goes with EVERYTHING!

I was just proving that despite massive imbalance and problems, the game is beatable.

Edited by RandomSwordmaster

I beat it too. Set RNG's to 5. 11% hit and 22% Crit on Knoll's Luna did the trick.

As for the OP. The game is a great success. Sure the hack itself was bad and imbalanced but you tried a lot fo things and most of them worked and other things didn't work but you can see where it went wrong. Good practice. Keep at it on hacking and bring out a gem in the future.

<3 you and good luck.

• 1 month later...

Look, the thing is, this is your first hack. Truthfully, if Bwdyeti or Arch put out a surprise hack, they could be 100% sure people would play it,because they have a track record of good hacks/fangames that people have loved playing. If Arch puts out a mystery hack, at least a hundred people will play it to see what's cool. People won't question him because he knows what he's doing. You however, are completely unknown. Nothing you've said so far sounds interesting. It sounds like 10 minutes in nightmare to be honest. You have to have a good track record of fun hacks or ragefests or whatever to keep people interested. Just put some info out there, build a good hacking repertoire, and eventually if you get some fans, you can do a mystery hack like this.

Is is weird that I can see Arch or Yeti making a hack shit talking everyone who's interested in their hacks?

@Matt Custov

Nice necro dude. :)

as for this hack, lol Knoll is too musch powerfull!

It doesn't matter. The DK is so OP, that there are only 2 ways to kill him. Rig a lunacrit with Knoll, or rig a Pierce!Triangle Attack, with 40+ atk on attacker.

• 3 years later...