Best Dark Mage MU Build Ideas

Well, I think eviteryone who has played this game knows how atrocious the Dark Mage/Sorcerer growths are, and their bases ain't to great either. They are my favourite class and I am looking for a challenge so I wanted to try and make the ultimate MU Dark Mage build. Any help would be much appreciated and thanks to anyone who does help out. I'll start off the character as a Mage and play Hard mode.Just for Reference:

Base stats: HP/STR/MAG/SKL/SPD/LCK/DEF/RES

18 / 2 / 2 / 4/ 4 / 3 / 4 / 3

Growths: HP/STR/MAG/SKL/SPD/LCK/DEF/RES

50 / 10 / 35 / 50 / 50 / 60 / 5 / 30

Not looking too great from the get-go...

Edited by Hugh of Ilia

Well, I think eviteryone who has played this game knows how atrocious the Dark Mage/Sorcerer growths are, and their bases ain't to great either. They are my favourite class and I am looking for a challenge so I wanted to try and make the ultimate MU Dark Mage build. Any help would be much appreciated and thanks to anyone who does help out. I'll start off the character as a Mage and play Hard mode.Just for Reference:

Base stats: HP/STR/MAG/SKL/SPD/LCK/DEF/RES

18 / 2 / 2 / 4/ 4 / 3 / 4 / 3

Growths: HP/STR/MAG/SKL/SPD/LCK/DEF/RES

50 / 10 / 35 / 50 / 50 / 60 / 5 / 3

Not looking too great from the get-go...

use etzel

You don´t need MU outside of H3/H4, so it´s fine having him stuck in a bad class.

Which gender? A female MU gives you Nosferatu and Aura after chapter 3, while a male MU gets Excalibur in chapter 10.

You can have a 15% growth in defense at all, so I wouldn´t count on that and leave it at 5%. I would improve his HP, magic and spd instead. If you have high HP and hammer Nosferatu tomes, you may not mind about your low defense in late game.

I would go for Noble Child, Strong and Recluse. This gives you more base spd (the growth rate is high enough anyways), solid HP in base stats and growth as well as a magic growth of 50%.

The prologue chapters are short, so reseting on them for great level-ups is always useful.

Edited by Aircalipoor

dark mages aren't a lot worse than regular mages, aside from the fact that dark mages can't be female, which is the favorable mage!MU option due to Aura and Nosferatu; you can stick with a male Mage!MU with the standard Orphan, the HP present and Noble's child and get Dark Mage via mixed reclass sets.

Edited by Gradivus.

You don´t need MU outside of H3/H4, so it´s fine having him stuck in a bad class.

Which gender? A female MU gives you Nosferatu and Aura after chapter 3, while a male MU gets Excalibur in chapter 10.

You can have a 15% growth in defense at all, so I wouldn´t count on that and leave it at 5%. I would improve his HP, magic and spd instead. If you have high HP and hammer Nosferatu tomes, you may not mind about your low defense in late game.

I would go for Noble Child, Strong and Recluse. This gives you more base spd (the growth rate is high enough anyways), solid HP in base stats and growth as well as a magic growth of 50%.

The prologue chapters are short, so reseting on them for great level-ups is always useful.

Thats mainly because Normal H1 and H2 are not hard just reclass everyone to dracoknights

and marth may or may not solo H2 (he has a rough start but becomes very good quickly)

Thats mainly because Normal H1 and H2 are not hard just reclass everyone to dracoknights

and marth may or may not solo H2 (he has a rough start but becomes very good quickly)

Marth can solo H2. Gradivus proved it.