FE12 Lunatic Reverse Efficiency run in 181 turns (Myrm!MU)

Minerva needs to have 23 Spd (to avoid doubling from Berserkers), 13 Lck (doesn't get targetted by Sorcs) and must survive a round of combat against a wyrm (39 HP / 21 Def or equivalent). She needs 24-ish Str (OHKO a Wyrm with the +5 Pike and EP-chip another one strongly enough for Caeda to kill with the +5 Pike). She does all that with RP ofc. If I need to, I can concede the Str benchmark though and crit the Wyrm from a map save, while the rest still works. I see it possible to feed her lategame bosses too though.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah at last. I realize that C16x is a bitch though. With RP she should survive 1 Sniper with current stats (and Pure Water for Katarina), but for 2 I must somehow trick the AI. Oh well. I bet I can kill a sniper on PP.

Edited by Gradivus.

SM's getting benched because she's slow. IIRC a promoted unit can get 10-ish levels between C12 and 21 on LTC if they get a lot of bosskills etc. She can't double Fire Dragons with only RP either. Her Spd growth is borderline existent with 60% so I'd have to rig her quite significantly to make her contribute (and I'm not sure that she'd contribute to begin with). Her Lck with RP and Starsphere is like 14, so I think Sirius can distract a Sniper from her on C16x.

Edited by Gradivus.

• 2 weeks later...

Needless to say, Caeda on average and with modest drill ground usage can ORKO fort-sitting Fire Dragons with plain dragonpikes. Like she can with the Str shard, but it's good in terms of exp distribution that she doesn't without the shard. Could've tradechained it to her on turn 1. Palla didn't need to crit the Fire Dragon kill on turn 1, Caeda needed to concede a kill though. Marth's dodge was unnecessary because he could've used two vulneraries had he gotten hit. Sirius did an unnecessary dodge on turn 4; it removed the need to physic him instead of map saving twice. Killer critted the boss at 27% odds. I figure Palla could've softened him so Catria would finish, and I'd just leave Catria's turn 5 dragon alone. Minerva would instead plug Catria's fort and finish the Pisces!Dragon with a Hand Axe. Catria would fly towards the boss area. Luke took on the reinforcements with Etzel's assistance. Idk for a fact but I think he gets the most exp that way, on top of much-needed bow wexp. I needed to reset for rolls; at least one of five units that Palla faces on turn 1 had to flux down. Blame Palla's 90% HP non-proc on C11.

C12 is completed in 5/126 turns with 1 Rescue.

C12 prep:

Spoiler

3 Rainbow Potion uses (31 left).

Sirius doubles Dragons as a DK.

Luke doubles Fire Dragons.

Palla meets her defensive and offensive benchmark.

Sold: 19 Iron Sword, 1 Goddess Icon, 105 Steel Sword, 17 Iron Lance, 68 Steel Lance, 70 Steel Bow, 55 Fire, 39 Thunder - 5100G

Promoted Malicia to Sage and Catria to Falcoknight.

Forged: +1 Mt, +5 Hit Hand Axe for 810G. This allows Palla to ORKO Bandits but not ORKO Wyrms while increasing the success rate significantly since the first map save usage is turn 5.

Gave Palla a Dracoshield (C11) and Linde a Spirit Dust (C11).

Funds: 6855G

Stats:

Spoiler

Marth / 16.93 / 45 HP / 17 Str / 0 Mag / 19 Skl / 19 Spd / 18 Lck / 13 Def / 1 Res / C Swords / 1 Robe

Luke / 4.08 / 39 HP / 22 Str / 0 Mag / 14 Skl / 22 Spd / 12 Lck / 10 Def / 3 Res / C Swords D Bows / None

Palla / 11.34 / 44 HP / 23 Str / 1 Mag / 21 Skl / 22 Spd / 12 Lck / 23 Def / 6 Res / A Lances C Axes / 1 Robe, 1 Shield, 1 Wing

Sirius / 9.38 / 41 HP / 17 Str / 1 Mag / 19 Skl / 22 Spd / 7 Lck / 17 Def / 3 Res / A Lances E Axes / 1 Robe, 1 Wing

Linde / 3.98 / 37 HP / 1 Str / 9 Mag / 11 Skl / 17 Spd / 16 Lck / 4 Def / 10 Res / D Tomes D Staves / 1 Robe, 1 Wing, 1 Dust

Feena / 5.25 / irrelevant

Catria / 2.79 / 36 HP / 17 Str / 3 Mag / 15 Skl / 23 Spd / 12 Lck / 14 Def / 9 Res / B Lances E Swords / None

Caeda / 2.67 / 29 HP / 14 Str / 1 Mag / 15 Skl / 22 Spd / 20 Lck / 16 Def / 3 Res / B Lances E Axes / None

Malicia / 1.80 / 28 HP / 3 Str / 13 Mag / 2 Skl / 14 Spd / 17 Lck / 4 Def / 6 Res / D Tomes A Staves / None

Minerva / 6.57 / 34 HP / 13 Str / 1 Mag / 14 Skl / 16 Spd / 12 Lck / 16 Def / 3 Res / C Lances A Axes / None

Etzel / 7.89 / 31 HP / 1 Str / 10 Mag / 14 Skl / 12 Spd / 9 Lck / 9 Def / 16 Res / C Tomes C Staves / None

Sirius is Spd-blessed and kind of Str-screwed. Spd shouldn't matter to heavily because of the RP and for Str I might need to forge a +1 Wyrmslayer, which also allows Luke to ORKO C23 Mage Dragons without A Swords (and it's cheaper than an additional scroll).

Edited by Gradivus.

Wyrms have 20 Spd in C11, 21 in C12 and 22 in C13.

Edited by Gradivus.

@MJEmirzian: thanks. most of my clears are similar to standard H3/4 strats. C4 and C6 are kind of different and I have some new strats for later maps in mind. Potentially also C13.

Actually, I plan on killing some reinforcements on C13. Linde would get 1 Wyrm, Luke would get 4 total dragons, Sirius 5 (lol), Catria 4, Palla 2 and Caeda or Minerva 1 (set up by Palla on the final turn). Probably Minerva since I actually found a way to do C21 reliably in 5 turns without deploying MU, so I'm not worried about fielding enough physic users to heal Caeda at an important point where she must take two hits (PP Wyrm + EP Meteor hurt her a lot). Might aswell find a way to convert Minerva's kill into one for Marth.

EDIT: It does work. Marth doesn't get a Dragon kill, unfortunately. Maybe RP-less Palla can attract a Dragon on turn 5, but I'm worried about her being able to tank all hits she must so I suspect it's a no. Didn't turn out to give Sirius a fifth Dragon but it doesn't really matter. Tbh him being L11 by that point wasn't really expected by me. Linde and Luke do counterkill the reinforcements. Got the Spirit Dust. (disclaimer: In the screenshot I rigged a dodge against the boss for Catria but if I give her res shards for a +3 boost on the recorded clear she can tank a hit since she engages a Dark Mage on turn 5) http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3965/vxzx44um_png.htm

Edited by Gradivus.

Used a variation of commonguard's strat. I managed to farm reinforcements so Linde and Luke get an extra kill each. Palla was supposed to feed the Ice Dragon to Minerva on turn 6 and not crit. I did make a mistake though, since Catria should've attacked before Palla moves to receive the support (going by true hit, she would have had a 64% chance to hit both times). The map was pretty confusing when I testplayed since I got random procs on non-recorded clears so I just made some calculations assuming the stats the units had before the map: http://pastebin.com/nPUviH1Y Just in case you wonder if any of the stat-ups were needed. Spirit Dust get. The boss area assault can be cleaner if you use five DKs, since you don't have to take an EP attack from the boss. Sirius is pretty bulky though so I didn't have an issue killing the Ice Dragons while surviving. Initially intended to deploy Etzel over Malicia to build staff rank but his mag and staff rank aren't high enough to make me reliably clean up the boss area without taking the Mag shards from Linde (and the Aquarius from Catria) and then RPing Etzel. Used two pure waters on turn 1 so the Dark Mage kill goes to Luke. Could've fullrouted if this were H3.

I also see a 4-turn of this map being possible with Beck recruited; essentially, Etzel is danced after mending Catria, rescues Marth who then sprints towards Beck. Turn 2, Marth recruits Beck, ORKOes a Wyrm with RP + Scorpio + Speedwing; Beck takes a +1 Silver Bow and the Str shards for +4 Str (or +2 Bow along with a +1 shard) to OHKO the other Wyrm. Etzel rescues Marth immediately (the tile must be adjusted by other units), Feena steps onto the river and dances him. He probably ORKOes a Dragon afterwards. He steps on a river on turn 3 and is danced to enter the next river. The Royal Airforce kills things and he seizes next turn. This requires a Wyrm to leave a gap for Marth to head for Beck. I recall from dry runs, when I deployed Etzel, they did leave a gap and when I used Malicia, they didn't. Additionally, the Ice Dragons pulled on turn 1 moved more strongly towards the LHS with Etzel deployed. Wtf.

Chapter 13 is completed in 6/132 turns.

Take bets on why I didn't sell the C12 master seal.

C13 prep:

Spoiler

Sold: 166 Steel Sword, 90 Steel Lance - 3153G

Bought: 1 LSB Shield, 1 LSB Dust - 5000G

on-map: 10 Physic - 1500G

Gave Palla the Shield, Minerva an Energy Drop and Linde a Spirit Dust.

Arena usage:

Marth gained HP Str Spd Lck Def for 1190G.

Caeda gained HP Str Skl Def for 1090G.

Linde gained Mag Spd Lck for 960G.

Funds: 168G

5 Rainbow Potion uses (26 left):

Palla, to meet tanking benchmarks and ORKO Ice Dragons with a Silver Lance, and a Bandit with the Hand Axe. Could alternatively have used the Devil Axe but it's iffy with 14 Lck.

Sirius, so he can tank the things he has to.

Linde, so she can ORKO a Wyrm with Levin Sword.

Minerva, allowing her to ORKO the seemingly pretty likely 16 Spd Dark Mages.

Luke, to make him double Wyrms as a Sniper and tank two of them in an EP.

Def Bond - Marth

This allows him not to attract the Wyrms so they suicide onto Luke.

Stats:

Spoiler

Marth / 17.57 / 46 HP / 18 Str / 0 Mag / 19 Skl / 20 Spd / 19 Lck / 14 Def / 1 Res / C Swords / 1 Robe

Luke / 6.75 / 44 HP / 24 Str / 1 Mag / 16 Skl / 25 Spd / 12 Lck / 11 Def / 4 Res / C Bows / None

Palla / 12.96 / 45 HP / 23 Str / 1 Mag / 22 Skl / 22 Spd / 12 Lck / 25 Def / 6 Res / A Lances C Axes / 1 Robe 2 Shields 1 Wing

Sirius / 11.21 / 43 HP / 18 Str / 1 Mag / 19 Skl / 23 Spd / 9 Lck / 18 Def / 3 Res / A Lances E Axes / 1 Robe 1 Wing

Linde / 5.59 / 38 HP / 5 Str / 10 Mag / 21 Skl / 27 Spd / 18 Lck / 7 Def / 4 Res / C Swords / 1 Robe 1 Wing 2 Dusts

Catria / 5.76 / 39 HP / 19 Str / 3 Mag / 18 Skl / 25 Spd / 15 Lck / 14 Def / 10 Res / A Lances E Swords / None

Caeda / 3.65 / 30 HP / 15 Str / 1 Mag / 16 Skl / 22 Spd / 20 Lck / 17 Def / 3 Res / B Lances E Axes / None

Minerva / 6.87 / 38 HP / 14 Str / 1 Mag / 17 Skl / 18 Spd / 12 Lck / 13 Def / 3 Res / C Bows / 1 Drop

Malicia / 2.64 / 29 HP / 3 Str / 14 Mag / 3 Skl / 15 Spd / 17 Lck / 4 Def / 6 Res / D Tomes A Staves / None

Etzel / 7.89 / 31 HP / 1 Str / 10 Mag / 14 Skl / 12 Spd / 9 Lck / 9 Def / 16 Res / C Tomes C Staves / None

Edited by Gradivus.

Yeah, it should be clear that I don't need any of the random crits since my units ORKO. Marth doesn't have to kill any of the Myrms, but I still gave him the Wo Dao for potential extra exp. Could obviously have finished off with Catria. Linde distracts the ballista from Luke since he can't tank three boss area enemies; he has to bait both Kleine and the Bandit on turn 1, and I needed to get rid of the other Bandit, so he couldn't take a position that makes him counterkill the Hand Axe!Bandit. Luke now has B Bows as a Sniper, which means I can give him an Arms Scroll now and be only 23 rounds of combat away from A as a Horseman (should I face that many until C20ish, I can save a scroll) or just concede that attempt and keep him as a Sniper for C14, allowing him to counterkill Ice Dragons with the Parthia. I'll see what's easier on C14.

Chapter 13x is completed in 2/134 turns.

C13x prep:

Spoiler

Didn't make any sellings, purchases or arena usage. 168G left.

Linde got the C13 Spirit Dust.

Used 1 Rainbow Potion use on Palla (25 remaining). She can ORKO the Ballista with a Javelin that way.

Stats:

Spoiler

Marth / 18.33 / 47 HP / 18 Str / 0 Mag / 20 Skl / 21 Spd / 19 Lck / 14 Def / 1 Res / C Swords / 1 Robe

Luke / 7.23 / 45 HP / 24 Str / 1 Mag / 17 Skl / 26 Spd / 12 Lck / 12 Def / 4 Res / B Bows / None

Palla / 13.22 / 46 HP / 23 Str / 1 Mag / 23 Skl / 22 Spd / 12 Lck / 25 Def / 6 Res / A Lances C Axes / 1 Robe 1 Wing 2 Shields

Sirius / 11.49 / 45 HP / 17 Str / 1 Mag / 19 Skl / 23 Spd / 9 Lck / 16 Def / 6 Res / A Lances B Swords / 1 Robe 1 Wing

Linde / 6.39 / 38 HP / 3 Str / 17 Mag / 13 Skl / 20 Spd / 19 Lck / 4 Def / 7 Res / C Tomes E Staves / 1 Robe 1 Wing 3 Dusts

Feena / 6.58

Catria / 5.93 / 39 HP / 19 Str / 3 Mag / 18 Skl / 25 Spd / 15 Lck / 14 Def / 10 Res / A Lances E Swords / None

Caeda / 3.65 / 30 HP / 15 Str / 1 Mag / 16 Skl / 22 Spd / 20 Lck / 17 Def / 3 Res / B Lances E Axes / None

Minerva / 6.87 / 38 HP / 14 Str / 1 Mag / 17 Skl / 18 Spd / 12 Lck / 13 Def / 3 Res / C Bows / None

Malicia / 2.64 / 29 HP / 3 Str / 14 Mag / 3 Skl / 15 Skl / 17 Skl / 4 Def / 6 Res / D Tomes A Staves / None

Etzel / 7.89 / 31 HP / 1 Str / 10 Mag / 14 Skl / 12 Spd / 10 Lck / 9 Def / 16 Res / C Tomes C Staves / None

Does a round of combat with Luke having a bow equipped but not attacking grant him 2 wexp? The main site says it is given if he doesn't deal any damage, but is that true if he doesn't make an attempt to hit? Confirmed, he does not get wexp when fighting without trying to attack. I figured that out by having him face 9 turns of Ice Dragons (near the fortify thief), and there was no change in the wexp gauge afterwards.

My Luke is extremely Spd-blessed. His average when considering Drill Grounds is 22.2 as an HM, while he has 25.

Edited by Gradivus.

True, Est does shave a turn.

rant:

What stupid joke game designer decided to give those Ice Dragons 16 Crit? What bothers me way more on the map though are those f*cking Dragons outside the building. The whole second half of the map is based on facetanking and now it forces me to throw a bulky unit completely outside the battlefield? What's this bullshit IS? Whoever had the idea should eat some dicks. Because he can't implement such garbage while having his standard breakfast, lunch and dinner or whenever he additionally eats dicks.

The opening contains tons of 80% chance battles, and literally none may dodge anything aside from maybe the second RHS Mage. I figured Minerva should be my Thiefkiller since she can't double Dragons on the main part of the map unlike Catria, Sirius and Palla, who can. Having enough Dragon-killing units obviously is crucial. Initially I intended to use a Killer Lance crit, but I realized she can OHKO with Energy Drop + Hauteclere + Leo + RP, so I went with this option. She also survives 2 Dragon blows with Angelic Robe + RP.

I couldn't deploy Julian and Caeda simultaneously so I sticked with Julian since I want the Swordslayer more than a little bit of EXP that Caeda can get elsewhere, and she fails to ORKO Ice Dragons without the Pike forge, which I have to conserve. Both can use the map save which is kinda necessary for the strat to be reliable-ish.

The next issue that came up was that Catria couldn't distract an RHS Dark Mage or Ice Dragon from Marth for a chokepoint or vice versa (this is the standard strat, see commonguard's videos or PKL's Pegasus!MU LTC if you don't know what I mean) since she didn't have enough HP after killing the one on EP, so Marth had to hold the choke alone and EP chip an Ice Dragon with the Devil Sword. Catria, Luke and Marth are only 3 units and couldn't have cleared the hallway for Marth alone, which I solved by giving Etzel a Thoron tome so he can snipe the weakened Dragon.

I made some calculations regarding bow rank, and figured out I can't get 23 rounds of combat for Luke not to need the second Arms Scroll, so I gave it to him right now, allowing him to counterkill Ice Dragons with the Parthia while having 9 movement.

The opening is a variation of the standard one, I think Miikaya used that first. Either Marth had not to proc Def, or he does and Catria has to proc Def aswell since the Dragon must target Marth on the EP and not Catria.

Srs missed out on 50 EXP on the last turn because Xane is an EXP-stealing troll. Didn't have an excuse to restart after Palla's Spd proc.

Chapter 14 is completed in 5 turns (139 total) with 1 Rescue use.

C14 prep:

Spoiler

3 Rainbow Potions (22 remaining):

Marth, to ORKO Dragons.

Minerva, to meet her benchmarks for the Thief kill and Dragon tanking.

Linde, to double Ice Dragons and OHKO Thieves.

Arms Scroll x2 (C8 and C11) - Luke

Angelic Robe (C11) and Energy Drop (C11) - Minerva

Drill Grounded Minerva for 880G, got procs on HP, Str, Skl and Lck.

Sold: 42 Blizzard, 1 Master Seal (obviously, the C13 one) - 2280G

Funds: 1568G

Stats:

Spoiler

Marth / 20.74 / 49 HP / 19 Str / 0 Mag / 22 Skl / 23 Spd / 21 Spd / 14 Def / 1 Res / C Swords / 1 Robe

Luke / 10.23 / 44 HP / 24 Str / 1 Mag / 16 Skl / 27 Spd / 14 Lck / 12 Def / 4 Res / A Bows C Swords / 2 Scrolls

Palla / 14.26 / 46 HP / 25 Str / 1 Mag / 24 Skl / 23 Spd / 12 Lck / 25 Def / 6 Res / A Lances C Axes

Sirius / 13.57 / 47 HP / 18 Str / 1 Mag / 21 Skl / 24 Spd / 9 Lck / 17 Def / 7 Res / A Lances B Swords

Linde / 8.11 / 38 HP / 1 Str / 16 Mag / 15 Skl / 21 Spd / 20 Lck / 5 Def / 12 Res / C Tomes D Staves

Feena / 7.38

Catria / 8.13 / 43 HP / 22 Str / 1 Mag / 19 Skl / 24 Spd / 16 Lck / 16 Def / 7 Res / A Lances E Swords

Minerva / 7.66 / 42 HP / 18 Str / 1 Mag / 14 Skl / 17 Spd / 13 Lck / 16 Def / 3 Res / A Axes C Lances

Malicia / 4.12 / 30 HP / 3 Str / 15 Mag / 5 Skl / 16 Spd / 18 Lck / 4 Def / 7 Res / D Tomes A Staves

Etzel / 9.26 / 32 HP / 1 Str / 11 Mag / 15 Skl / 14 Spd / 9 Lck / 10 Def / 18 Res / C Tomes C Staves

Xane / 6.08

Caeda / 3.65 / 30 HP / 15 Str / 1 Mag / 16 Skl / 22 Spd / 20 Lck / 17 Def / 3 Res / B Lances E Axes

Wish Sirius would meet his Str average already, 6 procs in 12 levels is pretty screwed. His Spd-blessing, OTOH, is pretty much useless.

Edited by Gradivus.

You forgot to add something in the rant. That there is only one save point. So everything better go right or else.

Can you name your next forge (if there is one) Estisbest?

I'd sig part of that rant if I was a regular member :P:

Sirius got Res and Linde got Def. I'd say it was a pretty good run, even if the first turn is a literal crapshoot.