Would you like more post-apocalyptic Fire Emblem Games?

Magical Glace

So I've been replaying the Wind Waker, and since it's my favorite Zelda plot and gameplaywise for a myriad of reasons, I would up thinking of how a post apocalypse world could work in FE. Not necessarily a cheerful one with a dark secret like The Wind Waker's peaceful islands, but still.

The first thing that pops to mind is Tellius, of course. Its backstory involves a goddess throwing a temper tantrum and flooding everything but Tellius. However, this wasn't really used as a major plot device until the end of FE10, prior to that, it was "oh yeah this is the only continent in existence". I think it had a lot of potential, but ultimately wasn't fully utilized as well as it could have been.

So, thoughts? Would you like a post-apocalypse story? If so, how would you prefer it to be handled?

I would like a post-apocalyptic story since I like things like Terminator and the History of Trunks. I actually feel that the future past DLC did a pretty good job handling it the risen were pretty powerful and numerous and keeping every child alive was a challenge the plot itself was also done decently.

Would think a post-apocalyptic setting to be a cool idea, has potential, and still yet to be fully-explored in the series.

Personally I prefer it when it's done "humans vs humans" style, instead of the "humans vs zombies/aliens/demons/etc", with an ending reeking a gray shade to the future of the world. Classic "War, war never changes" stuff. Though I don't quite think FE would go that way, considering it does lie more inclined to the idealistic side of the scale.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Would think a post-apocalyptic setting to be a cool idea, has potential, and still yet to be fully-explored in the series.

Personally I prefer it when it's done "humans vs humans" style, instead of the "humans vs zombies/aliens/demons/etc", with an ending reeking a gray shade to the future of the world. Classic "War, war never changes" stuff. Though I don't quite think FE would go that way, considering it does lie more inclined to the idealistic side of the scale.

Not only that but its also a world full of dragons, magic, gateways, races that transform etc..

Well, Awakening DLC was good. More good than the normal game. So we have the confirmation that IS should do a good post-apocalyptic FE. It's interesting as an idea...

I would like a post-apocalyptic story since I like things like Terminator and the History of Trunks. I actually feel that the future past DLC did a pretty good job handling it the risen were pretty powerful and numerous and keeping every child alive was a challenge the plot itself was also done decently.

This, also stuff akin to the Shanara series of books where its a fantasy world after an Apocalypse so there is machinery like the old world I tend to like.

''Looks at Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne"

Sure.

Guest character Elsa with Let it go?

In all seriousness the best part i've always liked about future apocalyptic scenarios is the sheer hopelessness thats conveyed going up against impossible odds in a almost unwinable scenario but there is that one ray of hope or way to win it all for the survival of the human race. I like to think about the History of Trunks in DBZ where the one means they have revive people is gone and death actually holds significance and Gohan and Trunks are the only ones to stand up to the Androids after they've killed everyone else and even though they're outmatched they still keep fighting and Trunks eventually finds a way to get strong enough to beat them.

I'm pretty sick of post-apocalypse stuff. Too much in movies and books right now. Though I also couldn't say what I would want for the new FE.

No. I've played more games in more post-apocalypse worlds of late to make it boring and uninteresting. Sure, you have the occasional game that does it right, but more often than not it's just a quick cop-out or poorly implemented and ends up just boring. I'd much rather have something set in a place that is distinctly UN-earth-like. Remember when we had games where we had to protect elemental crystals? It feels like forever since we had something like that that wasn't Bravely Default.