*Potential* Nintendo Direct Leak

nordopolica

So idk if any of you are aware of a possible Nintendo Direct leak which slots it in on the 1st of April (worth noting, April Fool's.) It's from 4chan, which has had some pretty legit Nintendo leaks in the past, but has also had a bunch of fake ones.

Anyway, here's what it says on the "Latest in the Fire Emblem series":

An atrocious being has arose from the darkness to cause major disorder and injustice during the colonization of a continent recently dubbed "Magvel". In turn, fierce warriors rise in a journey to obtain the necessary relics to protect the country.

I'm certainly dubious, and honestly I think it's fake, but I'd like to know people's thoughts on the matter.

Like, how would you feel if it were a prequel to SS set during the colonisation of Magvel?

For me it's pretty sweet; it would certainly do wonders for the world building of Magvel, given there isn't much of a history on its past other than a handful of vague references (sacred twins, Five Heroes.)

And in that case, would it deal with Formotiis again? Does this mean in addition to (or instead of) the speculated West vs East themes, there will also be the returning themes of Sacred Stones (i.e, monsters, demons, risen-type beings.)

TL;DR: I think it's fake, but it's an idea worth entertaining, I think.

Well, then.

I'm down for a Magvel revisit, if the leak is real of course.

In before Myrrh returns as a busty dragon-babe.

Edit: Okay I'd love to see a return to Magvel for this reason alone.

Edited by Raven

While I'm sure the "leaks" we've seen are fake (it is that time of year), I'm fairly certain we'll get a Direct, based on a couple things I noticed.

1. Azure Striker Gunvolt was listed on the EU eShop with a 4/2 release date, and was subsequently removed. There was a surprise release of Shovel Knight just like this.

2. This is just speculation on my part, but EU's press release of eShop releases for the week is suspiciously light, with only 2 3DS games (one being XB3D), and no Wii U games. This is the kind of thing you'd expect when they've got something about to release, but can't say anything because it would first be announced in a Direct.

Of course, this could just be wishful thinking on my part.

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

I know people are really hoping for another title set in Magvel but I think the story they wanted to tell is done and not enough lore was alluded to in SS to warrant a prequel. I'd rather see a distant prequel to the Elibe saga if they're going to revisit another world.

As for the leak, I don't believe a word of it. The plot gist they give sounds exactly like SS. Why would IS add heavy East vs West themes to a world that had no such theme before?

Saw a video on this, fake definitely, I doubt they'd even consider putting a new game situated in Magvel a decade after release.

There's also the fact they specifically mentioned it will have a new story not related to previous titles.

Although if it ends up being real it would be cool, but would it be a prequel or a sequel in which magvel gets colonized by another continent?

A text leak from 4chan? Totes legit.

I should start posting fake stuff on 4chan to see if it eventually gets here lol

Don't forget to print a paper copy and slap the Nintendo logo somewhere and take a picture of that. Will make it look even more legit!

This is legit. Trust me, my dinosaur works for IS.

Offtopic: Wasn't that recent FE event supposed to have some sort of series retrospective/discussion of future games? I did a bit of searching online and all I found were pictures of the merchandise.

Offtopic: Wasn't that recent FE event supposed to have some sort of series retrospective/discussion of future games? I did a bit of searching online and all I found were pictures of the merchandise.

Isn't that the 25th Anniversary Concert thing?

EDIT: I just did some Googling and there is yet ANOTHER rumored news about ND on April 1, though that one doesn't mention FE.

Edited by Ryo

I'd be all for a Magvel prequel if this is real, but it probably isn't, given the date and what other people have said here.

Well, then.

I'm down for a Magvel revisit, if the leak is real of course.

In before Myrrh returns as a busty dragon-babe.

Edit: Okay I'd love to see a return to Magvel for this reason alone.

But the fact that it says Magvel was just named means it would be a prequel and Myrrh probably doesn't even exist yet. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I'd be all for a Magvel prequel if this is real, but it probably isn't, given the date and what other people have said here.

But the fact that it says Magvel was just named means it would be a prequel and Myrrh probably doesn't even exist yet. :P

Myrrh is 1400, and it's Magvel year 800-something in FE8

So it COULD be that humans just showed up from Elibe or Tellius or whatever and helped the Great Dragons seal away Fortmortiis with a bunch of magic rocks from nowhere, and decided to name the place they found "Magvel" for the sake of it?

So yeah, she probably exists and around Fae's age.

A text leak from 4chan? Totes legit.

I should start posting fake stuff on 4chan to see if it eventually gets here lol

To 4chan's credit, sometimes they get things right.

I remember seeing a leak for the latest Smash Bros roster and when I saw they had Dr. Mario included on it, I laughed and laughed, and laughed.... flash forward to full roster reveal day... :sweatdrop:

Edited by NekoKnight

To 4chan's credit, sometimes they get things right.

I remember seeing a leak for the latest Smash Bros roster and when I saw they had Dr. Mario included on it, I laughed and laughed, and laughed.... flash forward to full roster reveal day... :sweatdrop:

That leak at least had images. (If I'm thinking of the same leak)

Well, the main reason I don't trust this leak and am surprised anyone is taking it seriously is because this doesn't match anything from the first trailer at all.

I do hope that at least the date for the direct is somewhat correct though. I'm tired of waiting for more news and I don't want to wait for E3.

Well, the main reason I don't trust this leak and am surprised anyone is taking it seriously is because this doesn't match anything from the first trailer at all.

I do hope that at least the date for the direct is somewhat correct though. I'm tired of waiting for more news and I don't want to wait for E3.

Well I mean I just thought it was worth noting since the conversation about the game seemed to have died down a bit.

There's also another leak going around which claims there will be a Direct on 1/4 but it doesn't say anything about Fire Emblem being mentioned at all, so even if the Direct does happen.... doesn't necessarily equal Fire Emblem news, unfortunately.