FE6 Reverse Recruitment Low Turns

Stuff  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the run's MVP?

2. 2. (tick multiple) "Dark horses" worth investing into / deploying whenever possible?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't recruit Saul so I can't have a Saint Staff user at all.

Can somebody with a chapter 22 save "break" (or erase) the Saint Staff and see if they can play the final maps just to be sure? If we're positive it doesn't count as a weapon, I can just have Chad steal Ellen's Member Card and then kill / ignore her to save money.

The less appealing part of the chapter is having to recruit Fae with Clarine, when Clarine is the only character I've got that's even capable of Warping...

Elphin took a Body Ring during my chapter 15 2-turn, so I should be able to takedrop a lot of characters in the northern portion of the map after I warp somebody there first (not sure if once or twice). Right now, he can carry Shin, Yuno, Lugh, mage Hugh, Clarine, Tate, and that's more than enough I should think, considering the Give command doesn't actually use up a dancer action (though somebody else will need to use their action for the drop, but these are more expendable).

Edited by Espinosa

Speaking of Fa - since Dieck replaces her he will be mandatory in the final chapter. You may wanna use him and train his axe rank to S if possible. You'll also have to recruit Fa because she replaces Zeiss who is required in order to get access to 21x but I'm sure you already knew that.

Body Ring!Elphin being able to rescue Shin is quite amusing.

Yojinbo, are you sure Dieck is fixed in the final chapter? I will need to work on his axe/sword rank in that case, though I guess he can still do a decent enough job with a Wyrmslayer.

Confirming Ellen gets no bonuses whatsoever. Recruiting her for 5K results in her having only 8 mag as a 20/1 Bishop, actually. So Clarine IS going to be my warper. We're gonna have fun with this thing!

Currently thinking which of my stat boosters should be sold in chapter 15 alongside the second Guiding Ring. Think I'll sell one of the speedwings and the talisman. Maybe I'll want Yuno or, say, Dayan or Lugh to have more speed than they do now, later on. I could always just sell it before I start needing the boots.

Fa is mandatory in Vanilla FE6 and since Dieck is her replacement I'm like 99% sure that he will be mandatory in Ch.24 too. But I'm not 100% sure because I honestly don't remember personally and there's always the odd chance of an inconsistency in this patch.

I'm pretty sure Dieck is actually required in Ch.24 though.

The chance of inconsistency is definitely a lot higher than 1%. A lot of liberties have been taken, as we've discussed.

I tried looking up chapter data in Nightmare, but didn't find any field about a required character or anything. Still, Dieck can fight pretty well even at base level.

Actually I take the chance of inconsistency to be non existent. Because, once again, nobody messed with the character slots/ID's. So if Fa is needed, it means Fa's character slot is needed. Which is Dieck in this hack.

Confirming Ellen gets no bonuses whatsoever. Recruiting her for 5K results in her having only 8 mag as a 20/1 Bishop, actually. So Clarine IS going to be my warper. We're gonna have fun with this thing!

Updated.

Actually I take the chance of inconsistency to be non existent. Because, once again, nobody messed with the character slots/ID's. So if Fa is needed, it means Fa's character slot is needed. Which is Dieck in this hack.

I don't know much about pointers, so I'm going to trust your judgment on this one instead.

Vennobennu, if you're reading this, is there any way to check the game's code to see if the Holy Maiden (or whatever) staff is necessary to get access to the last maps of the game?

Chapter 16 definitely looks like the toughest chapter yet. Things that absolutely have to be done:

- Warp (at least once; probably just once) two units, one of them likely Karel, just above the Paladin and two mercs.

- Get more units to the inside of the castle, probably as many as two on turn 1.

- Break the wall to Fa (100 HP) and have Clarine recruit her. Possibly shop for an Elysian Whip at the secret shop to promote Tate later (I do already have three promoted fliers so I don't think this is really necessary, and Tate's combat is so lousy she never gained a single level). Brave weapons could be used to 2RKO the wall, or just several characters could team up to break them.

- Steal Narshen's Delphi Shield first and foremost; also steal Ellen's Member Card because Boots are important even with two dancers. Stealing Narshen's Blue Gem would be a nice touch as well. Alternatively, Karel could recruit Ellen for 5K should Chad have no space to just steal her item.

- Get treasure. Top priority would be the Rescue staff, which is pretty hard to obtain quickly without a separate Warp use. Other treasures also offer miscellaneous utility (Brave Lance, Berserk staff, Bolting) or more money for Boots (Knight Crest, Hero Crest, 5K).

Some general concepts to follow would be to make the dances really make a difference, and also use Elphin for take-giving without actually using up his turn (though it's best that one dancer has acted, i.e. danced somebody, before the two dance themselves to carry additional units to those already on the field).

I guess I am most worried about getting into the room with the two snipers. I literally need Lugh to one-round KO these guys reliably without dayan' (get it), and Lugh's avoid isn't exactly that reliable either (Clarine and Karel are my current avo-champions among combat units; Clarine obviously isn't denting such tough enemies at all, not even 2RKOing I guess).

Really not sure what turn count I should try to settle for. 3-4 turns with the essential objectives (wall broken / Fa recruited / Member Card stolen / Delphi Shield stolen / boss killed / Rescue pilfered) fulfilled could be a good starting point, but it'll be all about the dancers now that Elphin has the Body Ring. Speaking of which, I wonder if buying Elphin a second Body Ring could change anything of note. I think carrying Karel and Dayan (who should be wielding Murgleis by that point) would be quite useful around chapter 24.

Holy Maiden isn't needed to access the full ending, no.

Lalum/Elphin being able to dance each other opens up such crazy strats, I wonder how things would change if they couldn't refresh each other.

If they couldn't dance one another, other units would carry them a lot more often. It'd be also much harder to train individual units. Overall, I think the game would be messier because you'd have to leave them in enemies' range too often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhYAOWHoiUU

Chapter 9 in 3 turns.

I'll probably take a break from this challenge for a few days as I need some time to decide what exactly I'll be doing in chapter 16 (i.e. which units will be ferried first, whether Clarine spends more than one warp and if she gets carried to the inside of the castle on turn 1 in order to have an eventful enemy phase for some big experience - the enemies' hit on her is pretty hugh even with her absurd evasiveness).

Edited by Espinosa

could you have skipped oujay at the end and given karel another kill before dancing him to seize?

Yeah but is roy really that neccessary for the final chapter? I thought it was established that Karel can use the Binding Blade.

Yeah, now that you mention it, Zeiss will be promoting next chapter. Not so much because I feel like it, but because I need to 2-turn the chapter just after it without missing Dayan's promotion item.

I didn't hold my promise - went ahead and completed/recorded chapter 16 with what seemed like the best strategy.

3 turns with the bare essentials obtained, but the video is 46 minutes long prior to editing (which should cut it in size by 80% or so). Only wasted 2 Warps.

The only problem is how the hell I am going to buy all the Boots I need. I guess I could just sell the other stat boosters you've got, as well as the Knight Crest Lugh gave me in the previous chapter.

Fun fact: Clarine has an uncannily similar bulk to Percival right now (only losing by 1 HP). Too bad Clarine doesn't have killer weaponry access to help her ORKO things. I'm not even sure if she'll ever have enough magic to ORKO any of the meaningful enemy types - she's slow to grow the stat while enemies grow bulkier as we progress. At least I have no worry about her doubling them consistently.

Edited by Espinosa

Uploaded chapter 10, completed in 3 turns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydeHJrmJs20

I guess right now turn counts aren't terribly important, let's say compared to the actual strategising that takes place, because after chapter 8, every single map so far has been cleared in 2 to 3 turns (at least until chapter 17 Sacae, and I'm sure this chapter won't be the one to break the string). I guess it's still useful for documentation alone, and maybe still of interest to technically-minded players.

Edited by Espinosa

Zeiss's pallete is beautiful.

Also, how does he keep leveling like that?!

Basically he plays the chapters beforehand and memorizes the RNG and rearranges actions in his turn to get the most favorable outcomes. That's what I imagine it is since there's clearly no RN burning. I did something like this in my old FE7 EHM run.