Maniac Prologue is kicking my ass. Please help.

Growth Drop  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should I use it on Marth?

• Use on Marth.
    • Don't use.

You don't need a tanky MU, you just need a different build for Myrm than what you're probably using. On Lunatic you can't afford to exclusively design your MU around long term, and have to be picky about the past and present bonuses to achieve good base stats to get through the first Prologue maps.

Cecille is quite decent but her durability is an issue. She also can't become a Horseman, which kinda blows, and her base stats to level aren't as good as Luke. She can however, use the Lady Sword, which is baller.

Edited by Irysa

The thing is I designed MU with Prologue in mind. I went with +2 Def, +1 Str, and +HP growth. That's tied for the most durable the Myrm can be (in terms of not being 2HKOed) while having enough offense to kill Jagen. IIRC she could have survived if she had procced +Def and +2 HP, but the chances of that are pretty bad. I don't doubt there's a way (outside of hoping not to proc luck), but I don't see what it is.

I see how Dracoknights are great (tried Arran as one), but I don't understand how that makes Cav MU good.

I just did P1-7 trying to use Cecille at the end. I know she's a good unit, just not quite as good as Luke, but... she really made me appreciate how great Luke is. Her bases don't seem good enough to warrant being two levels higher. Going back and using Luke, since P1-7 take about five minutes.

Going to add a poll because I can't make decisions for myself.

Edited by isetrh

Cav!MU has a balanced Strength, speed, and defense growth, so he will be able to one round squads of dracoknights as a dracoknight (with forged/powerful weaponry, of course.) This isn't like Maniac, one rounding enemy units is rare on Lunatic. Luke is most definitely better than Cecille.

There's no better candidate for the growth drop than Marth, since you're screwed if he's screwed.

Edited by momogeek2141

The thing is I designed MU with Prologue in mind. I went with +2 Def, +1 Str, and +HP growth. That's tied for the most durable the Myrm can be (in terms of not being 2HKOed) while having enough offense to kill Jagen. IIRC she could have survived if she had procced +Def and +2 HP, but the chances of that are pretty bad. I don't doubt there's a way (outside of hoping not to proc luck), but I don't see what it is.

You need to get more creative with strategies.

RXtABM3.png

Same build as yours. I got a HP Mag Luck Skill levelup in P-1 (aka useless) but with this formation, Luke will attack MU instead of Ryan because she's weak enough off the fort to lure him. Then Ryan trades MU his Vulneraries, shoots Luke, then MU goes to a Fort and uses a Vul. Luke attacks Ryan, Ryan chips next turn and MU finishes.

I see how Dracoknights are great (tried Arran as one), but I don't understand how that makes Cav MU good.

Lance rank, balanced growth spread. Unfortuately, female cavs do not get the Lance rank, so, again, I highly suggest Peg MU with Orphan > Beautiful > Enlightened. You only have to rig a little before she turns into a monster.

I just did P1-7 trying to use Cecille at the end. I know she's a good unit, just not quite as good as Luke, but... she really made me appreciate how great Luke is. Her bases don't seem good enough to warrant being two levels higher. Going back and using Luke, since P1-7 take about five minutes.

Yeah Luke is very comparable to MU in terms of bases and growths. He is only just slightly behind.

As for the poll, don't use the growth drop. There are enough statboosters in the game to get Marth to where he needs to be. Marth's base stats are very good, so as long as you save money/sell a lot of junk to make sure you can afford drops and wings in Chapter 21, you will not have any issues with his stats.

Edited by Irysa

Yeah, it helps to know about the AI so that you can abuse it. Basically, the AI always goes for a kill if it detects one. Otherwise, it picks the unit it could do the most damage to, and attacks them (unlike GBA, where they care more about counters). With good positioning, you can have a unit that's 2 shotted only take one hit, while another weaker one takes the first hit. It's really useful.

Could have sworn I tried that and it didn't work... I think I used the other fort though, so maybe that's the problem. Anyway, the crit chances alone are enough to turn me off from Lunatic. I'll do it once I have class sets unlocked.

Luke can have 9 Skill and not target Ryan because the crit targetting only happens at 2 Crit or higher.