Chapter 17 part 2

Spoiler

Enemy phase
tUAmI2G.pngiAwbRxs.png
Eirika: Challenging me are we? My rapier holds no merce as neither do I.

The last bubble from the other side might be another glitch, not entirely sure.

WIUcQsK.png
Pretty much dead right now.

Turn 7
Player phase
Before I'm going to end this chapter, I try get as much exp. as I can.

Valter crits another Glass replica to death. Second attack - second crit.

x98R8yh.png
I forgot to mention one "little" thing about the Siegmund. It gives you a massive boost in each stat:

• + 20 HP
  • + 10 strength
  • + 10 skill
  • + 5 speed
  • + 5 luck
  • + 10 defense
  • + 10 resistance

fucking OP

e4l6BKo.png
Gheb shall kill Eirika. I expect to see a conversation between him and her.

Eirika: Gheb! We met again. I'm delighted, really.

Gheb: Demon-whore... watch my exe dvour you in a single blow!!!

0tL1uZR.pnggCnT100.png
WTF, Gheb!? He obtains another Roar Guard!

853ozfx.png
Lute appears after the battle is over... again.

Lute: I need to know what does the white one one do...

Gheb: You!

Lute: Gheb... damnit!

Glass: Explain to us all of this, fail-whore!

Lute: ... it is so simple... yet you can't see it? ... And I thought I was worried... heh. Fools... Gleb has nothing on me.

IDOSEzC.pngprflEiZ.png
... NO!!!

Gheb: You're fucked up!

uWSTWrH.pnghe's more powerful.
I guess that's how FE7 characters made it into this hack.

jIXEjlc.pngiHEMtUg.png
And she leaves again.

Glass does everything to follow her.

TQvQuV8.pngmRoDEfU.png
... no clue of her.

sRQafez.png4jsus07.png
... but therefore he found two more sacred weapons.

CKdy04Q.png9BoNU6n.png
A weapon I won't be able to use. It's actually the worst sacred weapon so far yet, because it's rather inaccurate, heavy and gives a boost in an unimportant stat.

rHliEwO.pngrIl6gXc.png
This is basically Vidofnir. A really good spear. Not too powerful, but accurate combined with a high critchance and defense boost.

Note: In this hack you gain absolutely nothing for letting all NPCs alive. Honestly I didn't expect to see a rescue stave in this hack, but I still hoped for an alternate reward.

Chapter 18 part 1

Spoiler

Map Story

The adventure continues An epic battle ensued near the river. Truths slowly get revealed, and as such, they reveal more questions. Now the fail-whore, whom we thought we killed. continues to elude as us and our posse. This time it's personal.

RAqftIT.png

hungers

yZefiKj.png

Lyon and Gheb do flirting each other once more. I'm going to skip this trivial shit...

3KoMAoQ.png

Glass interrupts their activities.

Glass: Lately I've been feeling like I need a loyal ho' to take around with... a ho' that understands my peerlessness.

46ph6BV.png

Well, Glass has no more support capacity unfortunately.

Gheb: Right now, I'm still trying to figure out where we are.

VVLQEI5.png

... because monsters are here.

L'Arachel: It's weird though... he's not here.

Gheb: White one... does he have a name?

w9LTXXY.png

I don't know about whom they are talking about.

7QeBVuO.png

Soldier brings bad news.

EaCCFgx.png

Gheb: Hmm... BREAKFAST! BLEGH! That's just nasty!

Honestly I expected he'd like the flavor of monster eggs.

IhYHnBC.png3XbeWic.pngyTj5gPS.png
Now they have the chance to settle things to this trio.

Map
ICUxu9V.pngZQQ4tLw.png?1
GsZGM8J.png86qXYpL.png?1
3VYGkYy.png?1mYcHlCM.png?1
Chapter 18 is a rout mission.

1NE5yH3.png
You have to destroy these eggs before they hatch. Sounds boring, but this chapter also features a few surprises...

OPYIjn6.pngNeNXEXy.png
You have fo fight Manaketes again. Not too special actually. This one brings opponents to sleep who are in his attack range (like Formotii's attack).

And you have fight these trio:
KE23stl.pngrKnSPDz.png
Here's Ephraim. He has similar stats like Eirika. He's dangerous because of his critrate. Don't use any armored units and horses against him because of Reginleif.
Ross is the best to defeat him.

IIlVpXy.png32HOg9t.pngONLCQgO.png
Depressed Lyn is back with better weapons and better resistance and defense. Sol Katii gives her a boost in all stats. It's impossible to steal it. Only fight her with Roar Guard equipped. She's tough!

Note: I believe Colm with maxed speed and the lightning sword equipped could steal it. But my Colm isn't as fast, so no.

5pDJ5yH.pngW1YBVjb.pnghwmCu7N.png
Lute's the most annoying boss of these three, but also the easiest to defeat. Her large attack range of shadowshot and berserk can fuck you up, but with Amelia (9 movement), McCartney and restore user (if Berserk is successful) you can easily reach and kill her.

9XWBlkH.pngIhXITng.png
Another enemy with berserk. This chapter throws lots of staves towards you. Actually I like it, because it makes this chapter more interesting. These changes look cool so far at the first moment.

Turn 1
Player phase

ltKQmGk.pngC2nSic2.png

Amelia is already in Lute's attack and stave range. I want to kill her in the next turn already.

L'Arachel and Glen destroy the other two eggs. As in the original each egg gives you 50 exp. A very good way to get more levels for you high leveled units.

1yIgjF2.png

more offense

Enemy phase
JjNb7S7.png

Violet was in the attack range of this Mamkute. The animation is as weird as wrong:

1. The HP of the Mamkute is shown wrong. It has less than 80HP, so the number has to be shown.
  2. This animation takes forever.
  3. The music stops.

Anways it hits Violet and he's sleeping now.

zA4j6kB.png

Lute berserks L'Arachel. No problem, because Ephidel can restore her.

Turn 2

Player phase
y1WExD1.pngk1Tij9V.png
The end of Lute. She has no deathquote.

• Ephidel restores L'Arachel.
  • L'Arachel kills an egg.
  • Glen kills the Mamkute. It can't counterattack with the sleep attack.

0o9DZkD.png
good

Enemy phase
mIlx5gM.png1PCogdz.png
15%!?! FUCK! Actually no problem, because L'Arachel can restore her... but still!

Nx3B01a.png

Oh yeah, more enemies with long range weapons. One arch mogall has poison and an other one has eclipse.

Turn 3

Player phase
X2HbRGH.pngCCvFJZh.png

good

LVfSPcj.png
Z8esPSz.pngZ4TMtKW.png
No more eclipse. Good level up for me.

Enemy phase

Gheb gets berserked this time. Also no problem since Ephidel is close to him.

Turn 4

Player phase
bCui6xe.png
yDrFMEi.png

Ephidel restores Gheb and gains a good level.

FMTbMoh.png

Ross is in Ephy's attack range.

iliQdSp.pngi0YJ6C4.png40wJPtU.png
I make good progress so far.

Enemy phase

Gheb dodges poison.

m3k4g3a.png
jBnFb0A.png

Seriously? Each berserk hit me so far despite their hitrates were abysmal for the most part. In this case I can't restore in the next turn, because Ross is apart of the group. Honeslty I don't really believe it's a bad thing that he's berserked. It actually saves me work. I don't need to control him. He'll destroy everything. I just have to make not to place anyone of my team in his attack range.

Ephraim does not move. This makes the boss really pointless Imo.

Turn 5

Player phase
Hnob7yI.png

Time for more weird stuff: Some of the eggs move in this hack. Ths egg right here moved into a lava space which had 10 HP. Since fire damage does usually 10 damage, the egg should be destroyed. But in this case you see that its HP is restored. But it's just a screen glitch. The egg is gone nevertheless due to the fire damage. The shown HP was just another mistake.

vNfHe5w.png
Violet kills another egg and gets more defense. His strength is lacking and won't cap it. He'll kill the damaged gargoyle in enemy phase.

pCjvnjB.png

Let's see, if Lyn will move.

NPC phase (Ross)
tcXMB2N.png

He hit Ephraim hard. If he attacks him in enemy phase, he'll be dead.

Enemy phase

Gheb gets poisoned.

Yz2P9wu.png

Violet kills the gargoyle. Only one more level to go.

4j1Um21.png

Ephraim is dead. Everyone misses except for an arch mogall.

Lyn doesn't move either. This really kills their appearance. This chapter could be really challenging, if they moved. But since they don't I really don't have to care for them. Sad!

Turn 6

Player phase
6PmEJTD.png2vXndF9.png
L'Arachel purges this egg and gets a great level up.

mFKxJZZ.pngYXYXcuv.png
nice

YlniKvx.png

If Lyn doesn't attack, then I will bring her to attack.

NPC phase (Ross)
KPa9Pih.pnglvYr94a.png
no HP?

Enemy phase

Glass gets poisoned

Ilfz2H1.pnghcZbdA3.png

Amelia kills Lyn because she lost the 5 defense boost when she changed to Luna Blade. The trio is gone. I was looking for a real challenge... and I only was disappointed.

Turn 7

Player phase
c9WIU22.pngyCav1yK.png
good

L'Arachel restores Ross.
O9SedCP.png
v1NgUYv.pngPFsntAh.png
D4IKcTA.pngahHeNqQ.png
meh and perfect

Chapter is almost done. Only a few enemies in the north-west area are left.

O2zpT0o.png

His last level up is his worst.

Enemy phase
Glass takes a bit damage bit the mamkute.

One gorgon is slipped but it doesn't attack.

Turn 8

Player phase

TIme for the clean up:
ymU23si.pngBRnyNVx.png
ok

• Glass oneshots the slipped gorgon.
  • Ross oneshots the mamkute.

This was the last enemy. Chapter is done.

It look very interesting in the beginning, but it became still easy and boring. Why don't Lyn and Ephraim move? Much potential was wasted here. Only the berserks screwed me a little bit. At the end it even helped me in the case of Ross.

Edited by Magillanica Lou Mayvin

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 18 part 2

Spoiler

OEpLqbn.png
Someone's talking to her head.
(it's obivous who it might be)

Lute: H-how are you...! Ahh! Get off my head!

mxH7i9Q.png
Glass tries to use the opportunity to

Lute: Damn it! Leave me alone!

B2ST11j.png
Glass: WTF?

???: Don't you get what's going on?

Glass: Hell no. This is just freaking me out.

???: Keep crying, little girl! Your suffering only makes it harder on you!

Glass: ... Are you Gleb?

qBHkaKt.png
He has the confirmation.

Gleb: You, dear friend hold something that's mine. Give it to the girl!

ltekVTf.png
She's really expecting from him to be so stupid and help his foe.

Gleb: Yes, listen to her cries!

jPMfFOU.png
That's the only right answer!

CxGbq7j.png
Lute tries to arouse pity in a cheap way.

Gleb: Heheh, true... That leaves me no choice...

bjQygR8.png
Gleb paralyzes Glass.

Gleb: Why... stpping you from doing anything, dear boy! I told you! You have something that's mine...

iNX7G7A.png1uzKAm9.png
Since Glass can't oppose Lute can easily take his dopestone from him.

Gleb: Hahahaha! Unlike the rest of my minions... I...! Never...! Fail...! ROFL!

ivUIZhE.png
She tries to become a victim now.

Gleb: None ever do, little girl. Put then again... it doesn't matter...! Ahahahaha! Come! I have a surprise for you back home! Before we do that. Break the stone!

oi4iPkA.png
said and done

Glass: Ungh...

Gleb: Hahahaha! Glass... poor Glass... Soon we'll face each other... and you'll die. Ahahaha!

P65ii5Z.png
Lute and Gleb's voice disappear and therefore everyone else's coming.

Glass informs Gheb about his "meeting" with Gleb, the stolen dopestone and that it was destroyed.

Kiwi can't find out their current location. But he has the intuition that they went over the cliff. It's very long way distance from their current place. L'Arachel comes up with the idea to go to her home in Rausten to rest and stock inventory. Glass and Gheb agree with her suggestion and they head to Rausten now.

[spoiler=Chapter 19 part 1]
Map story
The battle is coming to close. Only two chapters to go. Gleb came and contacted Gheb and Glass directly himself. Such fail in his voice. So much AIDS. He must go down. The prostitute L'Arachel suggested to the group that they go to her home. Isn't that where the white one lived?
This might either be a moment of rest or a moment of fierce battle.

ajiaJr4.png
another trap

xB0X6QT.png
more FE7 crap

L'Arachel: WTF... Sonia?

Sonia: Yes, the white one's doing some last minute errands.

L'Arachel: All by himself? Who would've thought, teehee!

19xa4JU.png
Gheb's standard welcome to foreign chicks.

L'Arachel: Gheb! Don't refer her as a whore!

Sonia: It's alright. He doesn't know. I'm Sonia, bitch. I run this place when his whiteness is not around. Like today.

So, Sonia works for the omnious "White guy".

L'Arachel: Teehee! She also thinks that deadlies are cute! (I guess, because she's one!?)

Sonia: That well... err...

Gheb: Aren't you working for Gleb?

Sonia doesn't answer this question. Gheb asks for Glass to join this conversation.

Sonia: And who's this?

Gheb: Glass, my right hand man of peerless skill.

8TzGSig.png
He has a weakness for golden eyes.

Sonia: Technically, no. Not that I ever cared anyway. Gleb was an asshole. And that was the end of it. Long story short. The White One got out of the deal. But has immunity to all of this since he left most of his assets to Gleb.

Gheb: So, he's still against us?

Sonia: I really don't know. But... I want Gleb down as much as the rest of you. Since the white one's not here. I'll just transfer some of his assests to you.

Sonia only helps, because she hates Gleb.

Glass: How about working for us too, eh?

vghOTlZ.png3oDdOic.pngEeJtdSk.png
No, she doesn't want to be part of my team... yet. Glass is errected... it should serve as motivation for the next chapter.

OtB6IOf.pngQsT3Q87.png
voices everywhere...

vT4pWOl.pngRmM0Z57.pngQAkXKRK.png
... in rhyme form

Soldier: AHH! Fuck! Wh-who's there?

sHzLkZh.png
wrecked

uAFT81x.png
Natasha became evil... but she's questioning her acting.

Gleb: Why? He had no chance anyway.

Natasha: He didn't put much of a fight.

Gleb: You're no one to point out my flaws, girl!

Natasha: I am only a pawn. Forgive me.

Gleb: Pfah! Sure, why not. Forgiveness is such a fail word though. Now, you know what to do. The last stone lies somewhere in here. Be sure to destroy it. If you ever kill this guy you've won my heart. Problem is,I don't have any!

LeFVxrk.png
Gleb's sprite

Natasha: ... As you wish, your glory.

pWK2cP0.png
Gleb's assault in reported. Glass's and Sonia's men have to hold the castle.

Battle preparations

I totally forgot to mention an important thing. Gerik isn't available after chapter 15. Why? I have no fucking idea! You don't get a hint that he will leave. Take all his weapons from him before you end chapter 15. Otherwise you'll lose them.

Map
B0ajq4G.pngfSaADYk.png
iHFsppe.png65Vdfla.png
gicBHyT.png?10D10H1C.png?1
I believe chapter 19 is an unique chapter in FE. It's the only defend mission under Fug of War condition. Target is to survive for 13 turns and to leave Sonia alive. This is the only enemy you can see at the beginning:

SdwUqSo.pngcxku2Cv.png
Wo Dao is quite nice to grab but not really necessary since I have tons of good swords already.

NPCs
qTsad7a.pngEHUppvR.png3PUCqDm.pngzwdEiz0.png
Unlike in the orginial these NPCs don't suck at all. They're even better than the enemy generics. It's really hard to lose the promoted NPCs. It's very possible to spare all of them, what I'm going to try.

IndODN5.pngelU1xDd.pngAshZJGy.png
Sonia is maxed level with maxed magic and resistance, which means she's incredibly powerful. However since she has bolting equipped, opponents will double her. But unless you're a total noob, you won't let the enemies enter the throne room.

Natasha: The time is getting near.

Gleb: Yes... Soon I'll be unstoppable! Ahahaha!

Turn 1
Player phase
EGhsVPy.png
After killing this merc...

vKHJbkc.pngU0VZqRq.png
... you detect this merc with a brave sword.

Wg3PvQg.png
And after killing this merc...

6ZQuKc3.pngSMLXGOB.pngn3TjeN2.png
... you see this magic users. Aura would be very nice to get, but I hope that Natasha will drop it (like Riev does in the orginial).

Wc9v6Nv.pngza0Bof6.pngKRdAWGP.png

Ewan kills the bishop and Amelia kills the druid without taking damage. A general with a brave lance is detected, also a reappearance.

Enemy phase
Brave lance general attacks Amelia. She dodges and does lots of counterdamage.

aDVjbgb.pnga2sqdsu.png

Range attacks from north. There must be sth. (long range magic etc...) which wasn't in the original. Interesting!

a6VkGuW.png

berserk user in the southern area - also a new feature This chapter looks interesting right now.

ZdXVsUf.png

In the original game the NPC knights were almost dead. In this hack the exact opposite is happening. The NPCs will own the enemies.

NPC phase
5bS5ktU.png

Nooooo... MY BRAVE LANCE... RIP... (why are the NPCs so good?)

The myrm also dies.

pbQiecl.png

The NPCs aren't affected by FoW.

myV9YUO.png

Another little glitch: Sonia even heals people with full HP. In this case "no damage" is shown.

Note: She'll heal anyone in each turn, even if their HP is full.

Turn 2

Player phase
CE1o5Ge.pngQlZER1W.png
51 damage - Oh my gosh! He gets pretty much an instant level up for killing someone. His first level up is not what I wanted to see.

KWWTVV1.png43kLvxw.pngz2DAvaT.png
Lots of first tier enemies here. This bow isn't only effective against monsters, but it also has a similar effect to eclipse. Finisher weapons do half damage to the opponent's HP. Super nasty! But they're pretty inaccurate

Ephidel onerounds the other knight.

bWyGQSA.pngf1nAuRQ.png
Glass's first of many level ups - a splendid one. Glass and Gheb get a huge experience boost. Each defeated enemy means pretty much 100 experience points for them.

ZNt8qVt.pngbb1i3Ax.pngikc8phT.png

more second tier enemies - they're so bad

Glen onerounds the hero, who drops a brave sword.

8fwAtCR.png
Here's the boss, Natasha. She's on a different spot than Riev was. Does it mean that the chapter already ends when I kill her? Hopefully not, because I must open all the chests before.

OQcSk0D.pngIuaFDCh.pngDNyH7KR.png
She's nasty. I have to kill her, because berserk and purge will make my life miserable. She also the broken light tome I stole in chapter 14. It's super powerful, accurate and has 100 critrate. That means only fight her with the Rear Guard equipped... otherwise RIP.

1wXhGkr.png

Amazing - Siegmund oneshots her.

Natasha has no deathquote... and Amelia has no level up... FUCK... and she obtains the Rear Guard from her.

This chapter isn't over yet after her defeat.

Enemy phase
1gbxIkV.png6BYxAKI.pnghbRZjVy.png
UJ3gpmf.png1dO2ly3.pngBJ2STE2.png

I really don't hope I have to play all 13 turns of this chapter. Otherwise it might become boring...

Vd9myWh.png

a druid from nowhere

NPC phse
The archer with the finisher bow is killed. The druid dodges all attacks by the NPCs.

Turn 3

Player phase

Gheb takes out the druid without taking damage.

w8XfO3B.png

My plan of getting more speed, especially better level by giving him Metis's tome has failed so far.

uA5dr7F.png

Glen will block the reinforcements from the south-east...

WoSsp38.png2artv3O.pnggF2WW8z.png
... and Ewan and Amelia the ones from the south-west. They can't check out the south-west cornet yet. I still have the feeling and hope there's the (main)boss there.

AkYmC67.png

Lyon kills the weaken myrm and gets more magic. His speed is still trash.

CpFlPmX.png

more enemies here - still no clue of the long range attacker from the north

Enemy phase
GLt9oIb.pngkxKGyKn.png
Glen oneround both reinforcement swordmasters and gets a depressing level up. Only strength is maxed yet. Glass pokes the great kinght, who has a spear. He gets a good level up - his last one unfortunately. Strength is maxed now.

7CHz250.pngCX11nB1.pngGryWgW3.png
Violet crits one of the two heros and is maximum level now. I'll check out his stats later.

3aBdpah.pngKAAHniA.png
Hoho... the ghost warriors have returned!

Note: Another thing about the finsher weapons. They have brave effect! So the name makes total sense. It can finish you with two shots (two hits with 50% HP damage).

qabsFko.png7H2SJJj.pngKXsVm8j.png
also a ghost warrior right here - Mastur Bait breaks.

Chapter 19 part 2

Spoiler

Turn 4
Same reinforcement pattern for the southern area in each turn:
from the south-west:

• paladin
  • mage knight
  • ranger
  • ghost warrior

from the south-east:

• two swordmasters (one of them with a Luna Blade)
  • great knight

Player phase
qK57jKR.pngNcsmBXj.png
No boss right here. Where is he? Is there even one? Do I really have to play this chapter for the 13 turns? Oh no...

mE59oMa.png
L'Arachel kills the weaken mage knight and gets the remaining stats she really needs. Speed is also maxed now.

Ai-Ke opens a couple of chests:

• poison
  • mooving

xO2eNrq.png
Cc9aae3.png7zsfFIT.pngcCf1KfL.png
A ballista - OKKAAYYYYYY!?!?

xmCcX50.png
Glass kills the weaken great knight. A small but good level.

YI4gS0M.pngPWFzmLy.png
This sword dosn't only require level S, but also only swordmasters can use it (believe it).

Enemy phase
Glass can take out all reinforcements from the south-east.
AxgAx9z.png7eDMv9s.png
Two amazing level ups! Strength and skill are capped now. Don't expect anymore good levels from him right now.

r3IcC2v.png

Turn 5
Player phase
nIKfsZD.pngrpbFY1m.png
Two ghost warriors less. Unfortunately my two rogues are too far way from them to steal the finisher weapons.

RMcyZTG.pngKN3AMrz.png
perfect

L'Arachel onerounds the paladin and Amelia onerounds the mage knight in the south-western corner.

Colm gets a fortiy and Ai-Ke get a Luna Blade.

iRPSE2O.png181pl05.png1XgCyw9.png
... That's what I was afraid of.

Enemy phase
IEIi4cw.png
Violet's great crit animation

XE3EiSy.png
Glass kills the other reinforcements swordmaster. ... He still could get speed a / o defense at least.

X02yUBP.png
She needs to reach S soon.

Turn 6
more reinforcements - same guys from the same places

That means same strategy... long story told short. BORING!

Colm obtains 5000 gold.
hqungKf.pngKT1eyfl.png
Violet sucks up exp. but Idc for it right now.

• Ewan onerounds the ranger.
  • Amelia onerounds the mage knight.
  • L'Arachel oneorunds the paladin.
  • Glass onerounds the great knight.
  • Glen onerounds the Luna Blade swordmaster.
  • Gheb oneshots a not defeated yet ranger.

rKnAPKf.pngV86kdGF.pngid1tawh.png
bleh x2 and meh - Gheb's HP is maxed now

Enemy phase
wbyM3ot.png
OUCH!

All reinforcements are killed except for the bow ghost warriors.

sDMBQ1B.png
Will you ever cap speed?

NPC phase
cwZN0F4.png
A thief appeared at the beginning of this turn. His attempt to get the chests is failed.

Turn 7
more reinforcements

Player phase
I5gjpWm.png
They made it to the north-eastern corner. There's no boss either. That means I really have to defend the 13 turns. Sad!

jqOlB9n.png
Same like in the previous turns:

• L'Arachel kills the paladin.
  • Amelia kills the mage knight.
  • Ewan kills the ranger.
  • Glass kills the great knight.
  • Glen kills the Luna Blade swordmaster

kkT4WYw.png
YAY! He capped speed.

Enemy phase

• Ross kills a finisher axe ghost warrior.
  • Glass kills the other swordmaster.

NPC phase
Eemr9OT.png
WOAH! This rouge oneshots this general with full HP. What weapon and stats does he have? An armorslayer never would oneshot them.

gjmjqSD.png
I never ever will find out...

Turn 8
Player phase
QsX0Plx.pngepxqEy4.png

• Amelia kills the ranger.
  • Gheb oneshots the mage knight.
  • Ewan kills the paladin.
  • L'Arachel killsa ghost warrior.
  • Glass onerounds the great knight.
  • Glen onerounds the luna blade swordmaster.

f1saqUg.pngBUjdn6f.pngSuiR6lL.png
depressing, expectable and not good

Enemy phase
e8HRLbq.png
Glass kills the swordmaster and still doesn't want to level defense or resistance.

FP4QKh0.png
Defense! I guess I see this for the very first time.

Turn 9
Player phase

• Ewan kills a ghostwarrior.
  • L'Arachel kills the ranger.
  • Gheb oneshots the ranger.
  • With McCartney's help Gheb attacks the paladin... but he survives with one HP.

r32JSTt.png
He still doesn't want to level speed. Fuck!

QSG2sbP.png
good
xJv5pW7.png3xFXMjv.png
From now on generals appear from there. Colm might have a problem now...

Enemy phase
ZSYt0B0.png
Gheb kills the weaken paladin and levels finally speed.
FB9pDql.png
CRAP!!!
dHYFn1S.png
Ok, he'd survive anyways.

NPC phase
KFnptEF.png
another kill steal

Turn 10
no more reinforcements

Kiwi's Bob onerounds the other general.

A2gENRi.png
amazing

In the last three turns nothing much happens. Two ghost warriors appear in turn 11 and 12 in the area, where the two generals appeared. Kiwi and the NPCs handle them without taking much damage.

tF7RrRw.png
rather boring

vdwQZXy.png

Everything is fun for her.

zCj4oyZ.png

Something weird happened. When I had this scene, this game crashed and I couldn't continue it. I replayed the entire chapter to check out, if this bug is gone. If not... then I can't finish this LP. :(

This happened in my second run...
8A888o9.png

... no more crash! THANKS GOD! I can continue this LP!

I don't know what happened there. I was very worried that I can't finish this LP. I don't want be scared anymore like here.

L'Arachel represents them the stone of Rausten.

n9iZ8NS.pngq6PWWte.png
the next target

bnlDST0.png

... Because of all the dead cuties!

aojCjPX.pngcu2Vyk4.png
Sonia is very generous and gives us the final two sacred weapons.

H0g3Mkr.pngH4tCHbH.png
This tome has a high crit, but bad hit rate. Way worse than Final Light.

fgg8HvH.pngCX39iYz.png
= Ashera Stave

Si4PaZU.png

money

QTzVQWS.png
And she'll join our team now. Cool!

16fxqZY.png71VBzRT.png
The reward for letting the NPCs alive. I don't know how many of them have to be alive. I also don't know, if I would get another or better reward, if all NPCs survived. Unfortunately one NPC fell.

Chapter 20 part 1

Spoiler

Map Story

One more chapter before the final battle. We're nearing the White One, a figure that has been constantly mentioned through this journey who worked closely with Gleb. He is believed to be the summoner of the walking crap. And a ton of other stuff. And he handles the dope that powers or once powered... Gleb's army. What will happen next no one will expect.

Chapter 20: Deep Fear

jnEMCmH.png

NO... this can't be... Is Michael Jackson the "White One"? Why the fuck was he resurrected as zombie from his grave to summon all the monsters now!?

Note: Ironically this hack came out a few months before his death. Otherwise it'd be even more bizarre. Let the "King of Pop" RIP!

MJ: This is not good. I can't feel the love in the air anymore.

"Love in the Air" was a famous song... but not by Jacko.

j8d34ZC.png
Gleb's here.

MJ: Ohhh, no, Gleb baby. (in R&B style) I'm talking to the trees and the flowers. But you wouldn't understand.
No one would understand it!

Gleb: Why are you...

MJ: Well, I've had enough of your betrayal babe. I'mcoming up here with my strongest fools to take you down.

02zxWpz.png

sounds spooky

Gleb: ... I should've seen that coming.

MJ: I'm so close to your crib I can smell you. You're gonna get served.

Gleb: Ok,ok. Put what do you think of Gheb?

MJ: What nonsense are you talking about, baby? Who's this Gheb? He sounds sexy.

If Jacko had known of the existence of this hack and his appearance, he'd have killed himself before the doctor did it indirectly. Seriously, this is just an insult to this great man!

Gleb: He's coming up here to try and take me on. Just like you.

MJ: Oh, my, then I must meet him.We'll totally join forces and take you down!

I'm afraid to say that Gheb can't be taught Moon-Walking,

Gleb: This is starting to go downhill... ZA WARUDO!!!

MJ: Gleb baby! Ungh! What the fuck are you doing?

Gleb: Ahahaha! Looks like your source of power it coming this way! Loks like those turds took it with them. That's way I can now take control of your body.

So nearer the last intact stone is close to Gleb, so more power he has.

MJ: Oh my! Get fucking out of my body, Gleb baby! Ohhh...

Why wasn't Jacko replaced by Justin Bieber? He says "baby" more often in his songs than Jacko did.

Gleb: Hehehe. Afraid I can't do that... Ahahahaha!

C7G13PX.png

Yeah, we know your favor for monsters already... geez!

9uMZwUY.png

Welcome to Darkling Woods, the "Paradise for Monsters".

Sonia: Anyway... I feel the White One's presenence.

xyCKgKJ.png

If this is the case... this chapter would be kinda pointless.

ma6YO9x.png

L'Arachel: Yay! That means I can pe (?) them!

roGJD4T.png

... which is the case...

jGzJt8Z.png

Well, I was prepared for them anyways, so.

Glass: I have a very bad feeling about this. I should know, my peerless senses are tingling.

Gheb: Then sensible thing to do is to get ready for battle, no?

I guess so...

y7ymvMN.png

Holy crap! There's literally each type of monster on the map, even dracos, the two Myrrh sisters (I guess) and a demon. Looks pretty nasty!

EURu4vf.png

Yeah, the twins are here too.

Myrrh I: It's ok.

Myrrh II: I forgive you.

Both are the same opinion.

MqXCXKL.pngS0PPg61.png
They will show me their love... means power.

Gleb: You're doing good. Once Gheb's down and on my sacrificial altar, I'll free you fools. You can all make a whole continent four yourselves and all that shit.

MJ: You're such a meanie, Gleb baby. But, I can't let death take me today. Plus I get to meet a sexy one, OOH!

Gleb: Just shut up and get ready! That fat turd has thwarted plans like this before.

poeWFlI.pngcPomJmj.png
He has support by Dozla and Rennac surprisingly. Their motivation to support him is unknown, though... and honestly I don't want to know their reason.

PcsYhSW.pngGYf6h9d.pngmal7u3b.png
They help him for getting Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll.

nTc5ZaG.png8lZMv09.png
Lyn is back... once more... this time as a Goat Demon.

Lyn: I can't let anyone kill you. I'll take care of that Gheb.

MJ: Ooh. I know you will.

4M1rRyh.png

Ok, this explains her mutation.

BpWfYMs.png

his new #1 song

Map
Jaogwh4.png3f0vCdT.png
rTlTVIK.pngAlzUhd2.png
This chapter looks small, but is actually pretty long because you fight tons of monsters and lots of reinforcements will appear later on.

Enemies
FQlhgkv.png

This wrights are the less problem of this chapter. They're awful. They also drop the same (bad) weapons and items like in the original.

• steel sword
  • killing edge
  • lancereaver
  • spear (useful)
  • tea
  • portion
  • short bow
  • swordslayer (useful, if you don't have it yet)

v9CeDYm.pngLlJ39CJ.png
These gorgons are more annoying, because they hit hard and can tworound some of my units.

7FalSkZ.pngpv9AGqZ.png
Long range magic. But thankfully these shadowshot arch mogalls don't move in this hack either.

yfVQrNf.pngzMaR2pT.png
Nasty! These mamkutes negate the opponent's defense and resistance. That means 37 damage is fixed to each of my units.

s4hwVU2.pngH0a4hfc.png
A sleep stave which can hit multiple enemies. Also nasty.

6gY7TJf.pnglvnvrNz.png
Dozla is here for some reason as a miniboss. He hits hard, but you can easily steal his Basilikos from him to dismantle him.

FljaFCv.pngwx3QABJ.png
Rennac is pretty bad. However Luna Blade ignores the defense of the opponent. Since Rennac is pretty fast, don't put slow units like Gheb in his attack range.

icietmI.png6N0OYAv.pngYtM0RJB.png

Lyn is superscary. Look at her stats! She's a beast literally! She has 35 speed. If you don't have the Siegmund, you're fucked! Because she'll double EVERYONE!

FpVBgkv.pngqSidgSk.pngZFLxJNZ.pngiSkK32x.png

GIPZMS5.pngIXzsaK1.png2h0uRcu.pngUjraEmd.png
Both Myrrhs are no real problem. With holy weapons they'll be taken out easily. They have both nice stuff to grab. Holy stone is nice for Morva and that it seems to be that mamkutes can promote in this hack with the Dragon Seal. A new feature. However I'm not going to bring Morva in the endgame. I haven't trained him at all yet, and I don't tend to baby him in this chapter. If he gets some levels, it's nice. But I have my team for the final map already.

Here's the main boss:
TUgjFBV.pnglKPaA7o.pngENvkmzV.pngsmnjqcz.png
Michael Jackson is the boss. If I said Lyn is scary already, then Jacko is the true nightmare for you. Thriller gives him the same stat boosts as the Siegmund does. Steal it from him to make him much more bearable. Thankfully my Colm has the 26 speed he requires to steal from him. ;)

Battle preparations

I just noticed something by absolute accident. This game has a third tier class. You need the exact same promotion items you need to promote a first tier unit to second tier.

O0C5xTB.pngTj8lQmW.pngt9qAuqR.png
Evan becomes a warlock. He can use dark magic now and he can summon a phantom.

YwZIutW.pngVNTk5SH.png
Glen is a Dragoon now. He can use axes and he has two new awesome as broken features: He can steal and he has godfucking 12 (!!!!!) movement. The most broken thing you can do to a flyer. That means he can attack long range magic user without being in their attack range. Godly! And this help me in the final map.

6VpKHiw.png9cmiGWS.png
Ross is a Beastmaster. He can also steal now and he much better movement (7) now.

a17lnb7.png

Violet becomes a great lord, same promotion Ephraim has. He doesn't learn any new weapon types, but he's mounted now at least.

Note: Gheb learned great shield after his promotion.

I like the idea of a third tier class and giving the units new skills and weapon types, although a few of them are too broken. 12 movement is... "a bit"... too much.

Turn 1

Player phase
ycA7F5w.png

Morva's dragon stones don't do effective damage to the monsters. I guess only the Holy Stone can do it. That means this chapter disqualifies to use him.

I let the monsters come to me.

Enemy phase
dbm4eTs.pngC627m1Q.png

Glen kills two wrights and gets 100 exp. for each of them. Why does get a third tier unit get more exp. than a second tier unit? It doesn't make any sense! It only makes the cut even larger. Anyways his two level ups are really good. HP is already maxed.

Glass also kills a wright.

QvDyGtI.png

Oh shit! I didn't check out this enemy. I didn't expect to see this crap returning!

3dZ9AWe.png

... better so... than that the druid attacked before the ballista. Morva only survives thanks to the bad AI.

kfseOw8.png

Jacko's first strike.

Turn 2
kR3TTUP.png

two more dracos - Thankfully they only have a firestone, which attacks the opponent's defense. They're not too scary.

Lots of monsters and Dozla moved. Lyn and Rennac didn't.

Player phase
jolxtXy.pngzjfeUxQ.png
He also gets 100 exp. for killing.

K9WABxb.png

Also more finisher weapons. Actually they're really good for the final boss... if they hit.

L91pjHU.pngG9ztQIZ.png
no more ballista

KzkvSFF.pnghQf9a2C.png
I've a knight crest left. I'll promote her now.

cTSd61F.pngWv3nR5P.png
crit

• Lyon restores Valter.
  • Ephidel heals Morva.
  • McCartney refreshes L'Arachel.

C2V1uNd.png

She'll solo the southern area.

Enemy phase
Wdcl6Xp.pngIWr0zng.png
She gets hit - bad start! Also I don't expect anything for her remaining level ups since she capped all the important stats already. She killed three more enemies (two gargoyles and an arch mogall) without taking damage.

7M5Q2Bp.png

well... taken

034DxdX.pngVp22BgN.png
no crit and a bad level

ZCPeEuV.png

Damn it, Valter!

FnqjnDv.png
berserk 2/3

Chapter 20 part 2

Spoiler

Turn 3
Player phase
6mA4Qpq.png
One of the Dope Stone dracos is done. Glen can be attacked only by one of them. Even if this one hit him, Glen would survive the other fire stone dracos.

LYkDgdi.png
A good level for finishing off the swordslayer maelduin.

F9ko30i.pngH1vXkbG.png
Oh please, get defense or resistance at least.

sbetWU9.pngpftFJw5.png
He crits the maelduin and gets an awful level up. Only skill is maxed yet.

L'Arachel moves further to the south-west area. Ross will accompany her.

Enemy phase
FFdReCS.pngFd3ntWK.pngz3UFk2G.png
crit-hattrick

He dodges an arch mogall with poison. It wouldn't have killed him anyways (10 damage + poison < 17 HP)

L'Arachel kills two more gargoyles.

Aolv3x9.png
Shoot! This wasn't part of my plan.

Also welcome to the Masterknight class. This class is the paladins and probably rangers can turn into. It can use all four physical weapons but no magic. I'll have one with Amelia very soon.

gKbl8aL.png
Jacko uses his final berserk on Sonia again.

Turn 4
Player phase

• Ai-Ke steals the tomahawk from the masterknight.
  • Gheb kills him with a crit.
  • Lyon restores Sonia.

KgeL6rU.pngUfPxblh.pngxMz8Wkc.png
I have to retreat here because Dozla's coming.

x2wrqoA.pnghO1L97B.png
That's perfect!

Enemy phase
VZcheIs.pnghZQqLNh.png
This is very nice, if Morva has the strength. Unfortunately I haven't use him yet, so he can't make much use of it for now.

Turn 5
Player phase
6UKy3mc.png
ty - not that I really need it.

5L3tsBc.pngK5iWvFk.png
grr...

KgD301C.pngSKzKUa9.png12OCG6V.png
This area is cleared, so Glen can press foward towards west and kill the arch mogall with eclipse. All these enemies in his attack range won't hurt him at all.

n74QrGc.pnglbS72lT.png
again perfect

Amelia's promotion
lvbcP9A.png5Kf9Pms.png
She has C at least in each weapon type which means she can use killer weapons. Great!

946boLQ.pngUkEflFo.png
... This is Dozla's battle animation Interesting, isn't it?

Enemy phase
WU6afT1.png
ID2vuP2.pngJj0KkTC.pngq3zY5v8.png
Glen kills three mealduins. He only leaves this Master Knight alive barely. His level ups aren't great, but honestly there's not much room to grow anymore. Still hope he'd max skill, speed and defense. Man... I can be happy that's even in my time. He survived chapter 8 with tons of luck. I saw him dead already. And in chapter 15 he also could die. I'm so glad that I have him. And in the last chapter he'll RAPE the map.

9Z1dzsT.pngeRUuaRq.png
Awww.... defense isn't maxed yet.

Turn 6
Player phase
Ephidel kills Dozla.
J9yORcy.png
He leaves out the class typical stats... but I don't complain. However he's crying for the energy drops. His magic is really low for his level.

GNEYqZ2.png8Ya8s9Z.png
YEAH, you can level sth good! Wow!

Ib2jT7G.png
MTCZ9F0.png3WFwDUJ.pnguRcSi7W.png
Great level up. I come closer to Lyn. Glen is attracting the draco which put him to sleep. If it's defeated, then I can deal with Lyn.

• Ewan kills a bow wight.
  • Amelia kills a bow wight.
  • Glass kills the weaken master knight.

6XxEiUz.png7ycfhqZ.png
good and ok

Enemy phase
bFDfVbF.png9OplrHv.png
Glen is sleeping now.

lPi4QNK.pngnPytIHe.png

Turn 7
Player phase
yekNU5L.png
It's a good weapon to weak the boss. However if Jackson is asleep, his stats wouldn't be affected. I guess it's more useful to use in an area where multiple enemies are placed.

PecG23F.png7ai65GJ.png
His last level up. Unnfortunately his defense and resistance leave to be desired.

fqas5Bt.pngxt1HTUF.pngy73gJMB.png
Amelia will pull out Lyn. 32 - 35 speed. That means she won't get doubled.

GpxJEzd.png6VTtnKX.png
Reinforcement gargoyles who don't bother me at all.

Ross kills a wight and gets a no stater because he capped all his stats.

Enemy phase
zACuj3F.pngW18kYIR.png
Oneshotted!!!

uMx0SW4.png

Rennac steals Amelia's Roar Guard. Not too bad. He'll drop it, so I'll get it back anyways.

Turn 8

Player phase
wI0Pgnw.pngS9fHrcC.png
Rennac oneshotted - WOW! Same goes for Gheb's level. Two amazing level ups in a row. Keep it up, fatass! He gets the Roar Guard.

ZZ8M3y6.png3Q4uGdM.pngmbls6oN.png
No more long range magic on the map and Glen caps speed - awesome!

The worst part is done.

NK6Wsd8.png
Colm can use it too! Interesting! I guess everyone can.

D1nwSLG.pngykbdTGg.png
meh - She has maxed out speed.

9ZNt0r0.pngorX4KUX.png
perfect

Enemy phase

• Ross kills a reinforcement gargoyle.
  • Amelia kills two wights.

Turn 9

Player phase
HuzylFW.pngZQtmqSj.png
Three reinforcement arch mogalls. Morva can prove his usefulness for the first time and gets an (expected) awesome level up.

RVwv31m.pngtJMy5Jf.png

Ewan and Glen kill the other two.

eRtA7mJ.pngtXCysqT.png
She still has to cap these two stats.

Enemy phase

SpMP7Zp.pngh6IAcpZ.png

Turn 10

Player phase
J9g4xYb.pngoyRjvCA.png

Now you have to perform the way less successful song "Nosferatu".

Kiwi finshes off the weaken gargoyle. It's the first time he actually does something. His low movement is a problem in this chapter.

dgQonRc.pngCvf13EV.png
again three arch mogalls.

vGra1Lp.png

Gheb onerounds a gargoyle. I don't complain that is become more accurate.

OBvNEWp.pngeUiHYPJ.png
Time to use this!

9MXd9yO.png

... umm... this scene... takes long........ loooonnnnggggggerrrrrr..............forrrrreeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvveerrrrrrrrrrrr........ oh the hack is crashed again.

Better not using this!

VyZ2C3Y.pngWuse02s.png
WTF!? He hasn't capped strength, speed and defense yet. Anyways he'll get attacked by the Myrrh twins.

• Amelia onerounds a gargoyle.
  • Valter and L'Arachel kill a gargoyle.
  • Ross kills a gargoyle.
  • Ewan kills an arch mogall. He gains nothing :/ ... although he still has to cap HP and defense.

vEeoS8i.pngNmJxIAQ.pngz41EQtz.png

Good stats for Amelia. I guess it'll be Valter's only level up in this hack. It wasn't too amazing anyways.

NAZDQ3g.png

Now Jacko is pretty much fucked.

Enemy phase
th1qRn4.pngynmfIaH.png
The twins are wrecked. They don't have a death quote as Dozla, Rennac and Lyn.

Turn 11

Player phase
oWE8oHB.png

Time to end this.

MJ: Oooh! This is wrong, babies. So wrong. We should be working together. Feeling in the air. Defeating Gleb. But here we are. I'm powerless against him. So stand against me, and go destroy him. If you can beat me first, baby! Ooh! Time for some loving!

c3zKtHC.png

aww... no crit

zlEd898.png

Wait!? Only 10 crit??? Final light has 100 crit!

ucoQkWe.png

... Ok, I see. The first number was eaten.

MJ: Oooh-ungh. Don't worry about me. Kick that creep Gleb's ass, baby. You haven't seen the last of me. Feel the lo-ugh... (la-ugh)
I don't get the "feeling love" references. I never have heared about a song of him called with this title.

SoUfdZA.png
Time to seize!

Next time the big final!

Final chapter part 1

Spoiler

dHHZHNq.pngdZBrvjd.png
Finally time to kick his ass!
53QREn0.pngLTQkU0P.png
One of the very few sort of emotional moments in this hack, if I may call it so.

Morva: With my Dragonstones at hand, I'll take down Gleb and restore our rightful places...

jjB8dwI.png
no time for relieve

Morva: ... Coming. Gleb will fall... Trust me!

Smiv07G.png
NY7e1St.png
Let's play together again.

Gheb: Graah! Lyon! Another flashbck?!

Unfortunately yes!

Lyon: Sorry, but... the time is closing and I just wanted to say... you love me, right?

Gheb: Huh?

Lyon: Thanks for being by my side all this time.

Gheb: Well, that's why I'm here for. Now, let's get out of here and concentrate on destroying Gleb, wy don't we?

Lyon: Hehe, yes.

Then it's time for cuddling again.
FoHLYJO.png
Gleb's talking

Gleb: I managed to pierce this turd's flashback? I must be becoming more powerful by the second! But... where's the turd anyway? Am I stuck here? Unpossible.

TpjMDbB.png
Huh?

Gleb: Natasha! You?! Whore! How are you...!

Natasha: ... Thanks to you of course.

Gleb: Wait, I know this. You're speaking to me from the afterlife portal I left open, aren't you?

... It's just the question about what is she speaking.

Natasha: Correct.

jzt6eR5.png6u9GZLY.png
I still don't know for what they actually fight... but whatever.

Gleb: Pfah! You're all utter failures. But if he came all the way here... then I won't risk anything. I'll bring all of you back. Don't fail me!

Ok, let's summarize: They're speaking from a place called "afterlife portal". And Gleb will bring everyone as often as he wants back to real life, who fights for him. Funny.

Natasha: Understood, your glory.

Ephraim: Clear as day.

Eirika: We're thankful.

Gleb: Fools... once you revive them they can't learn to stay dead.

ZmGhf6e.png
Gleb: This place, oh. I just love it.

I love it too, because it's place I'll be released by this hack.

Gleb: It swalls with power. I'll be able to take control of not only this land but this universe. Transcand the laws of the universe and make them my own. Be a true god! I... I could cry. I just love this! But too bad! I don't have feelings! Mwahahahaahhahaahhaaha!

Final Chapter: The End
Most creative title for an endgame chapter ever.
OVI1aJB.png
The last one - promised!

Glass: A flashback? What am I doing here...?

Gleb: Do you remember? How you go there? The portal in Fort Rigwald? How you got your peerlees skillz? Do you?!

Glass: Gleb! It's you doing this! Of course I remember you fucker! What do you want?

Gleb: Oh, nothing really. Other than your soon to come death. But hmm... You ever thought of going back to where you came from?

Glass: That's a stupid question, douche. I rule here. Over there I was just another boss. Both me and Gheb became gods, out of being measly bosses.

Gleb: You fucker... you know how much I envy you? Being just another boss... but not anymore. If you did why can't I!

Glass: Cuz that would mean taking these places we worked so had for. And look at you, wuss. Sending so many failures to do your dirty work. Half of them ended up working for us anyway.

Gleb: ... You... You'll see! This power. I discovered like nothing you'll ever face! I'll await you inside the ruins. Hehehehe... Ahahahahaha!

Glass: ... Crazy fucker...

oWYp2DY.png
The final confrontation with the twins.

Glass: Demon whore... we took you down twice. We'll take youdown once and for all this time!

Eirika: You're all only head towards your death. Life fliew towards a light. A light of death. Gleb will illuminate this meaningless of yours. Send it to hell.

fuBZPm5.png
True words!
jnIPuOW.pngpzs9ewB.png
Eirika can't win this word duel, so she needs help by her brother.

Eirika: It is time.

Ephraim: Come, Glass, Gheb. We await you.

Battle preparations
For the final chapter I bring...

• Glass (forced)
  • Gheb (forced)
  • Glen
  • Kiwi
  • Ross
  • Ewan
  • Amelia
  • L'Arachel
  • Colm
  • McCartney
  • Ephidel
  • Violet

Status boosts

• Glass uses a draco shield.
  • Amelia uses a draco shield.
  • Gheb uses a secret book.
  • Ephidel uses two energy drops.
  • Colm uses an angelic robe

Map
Y6zZFZE.pngDvBnh5D.png?1
ma013vj.pngqXpQTTO.png?1
YFQQIVi.png?1fGKnhmG.png?2
At the first moment the map looks very similar to the original, which is true. The bottom half represents pretty much the same enemies like in the original, but in the top half you see multiple bosses. These are revived bosses by Gleb.

Generics
fBZ6kc5.png
Again the wights are the worst enemy. Easily to oneround them with ordinary weapons.
nxuU0SK.pngd6QRK2I.png
Again makutes with dope stone which negate the opponent's defense. Be careful with them!
CGSRrZT.png
A chaos mamkute which will bring you to sleep.
7whNnqs.pngev99pHf.png
They have maxed strength and ok defense but nothing else. Effective weapons can easily oneround these monsters.
9HEvjxi.png
They're fast and dodgy but very fragile.
js36SlT.png
Another goat demon. Looks scary at the first moment, but isn't at all. Except for maxed strength it's pathetic. Low HP, speed and defense.

Bosses
Mini bosses
This chapter features three mini bosses: Lute, Natasha and Eirika
uJXb4l2.png4UbQg7o.png
Natasha is the easiest mini boss to take down, if you have the Roar Guard equipped. Remember that Final Light has 100 crit. Berserk and purge are annoying, so try to take her down soon.
WWGyIAs.png13mhjcX.pngbQlbM41.png
Lute's stats are similar to Natasha except for having massive stat boosts for having Ex-Forblaze equipped. I guess it's effective against dracos and draco knights, so be careful with Glen and Morva. It'd be very nice to grab, but I guess it's very hard to do it... maybe possible with Glen. She also has a long range magic tome which is problematic. Most of my units can't take two shots by long range magic. However try to make her equip a long magic tome, because first she'll lose the boosts and second she'll lose lots of speed because of her AS penalty. if she hasn't the Ex-Forblaze equipped, she's super easy to take down, even easier than Natasha due to Lute's horrible avoid.
68DY6to.pngaTzvTaP.pngsgYbLjd.png
Eirika can be the hardest one to defeat or the easiest one. It depens on you, if you steal the Sieglinde from her (what I highly recommend to do to wreck Gleb). Without Sieglinde she's pathetic.

main boss
SjfPWaP.pngyrSvaHF.pngMlWlqBz.png
Ephraim has his Siegmunnd ES equipped, another weapon which gives boosts in all stats (I also own this weapon). Same what I said about Eirika goes for him too. Very tough with Siegmund, a cakewalk without it. I recommend to steal all weapons which give you stat boosts in this chapter.

This chapter has two chests. One of them has a masterseal. But I won't waste any time to get them since I don't need to promote anyone anymore... maybe except for L'Arachel and Glass (if he even can).

It's time to start the final chapter! Let's go!

Turn 1
Player phase
NE8VsIO.pngcUZ74Ym.png
QDZ52wr.pngOxVpzUP.png
easy so far - but that's what I expected. Glen will attract a draco with dope stone.

Enemy phase
jY8avvm.png8MAiyWo.png
Ugh... I forgot that goat demons have the ability to summon monsters. Like ten monsters were summoned. Nasty! I don't hope will happen in each turn.
LzqFfRe.pngm9M828z.pngPGz0K7G.png
Glen kills four wights. Unfortunately the mamkute hits him, but I've multiple people who can heal him. His important stats are already maxed.

Glen will make this chapter looking supereasy! ;)
BQtbeAH.pngoxD7zUg.png
great!
HZVY83s.pngcImlaSM.png6HoMtbq.png
Also Ewan gets hit. He has maxed defense.
EvInIRK.png8XMiqvv.png
again ballista shit
9H3PuDK.png
And once more... berserk hits me with an abysmal hitrate.
oXcgUpl.png
Each miniboss moves. Ephraim is stationary as I expected for being Lyon's replacement.

Turn 2
Player phase
L'Arachel is restored.
Vfvb3th.pngQk8bwXx.png
I don't do anything else in this turn. I'll the enemies come to me.

Enemy phase
WmMeqKL.pnge5Zl9br.png
good - Also finisher crap again. I also recommend to have a finisher weapon against the final boss, because it can theoretically oneround him.

• L'Arachel dodges Lute's shadowshot.
  • Natasha's second berserk misses Ross.

Turn 3
Player phase
1WcUMv4.png
Many thanks! It's in good hands now.
pNitgTQ.png0IGYzys.pngYXK0jcV.png
Eirika is owned. Gheb gets a good level but no speed again. But he doesn't need it anymore, so it's fine.

• Glass takes out the draco without taking damage.
  • Kiwi kills a ballista wight.

WTrLKS8.png
I have a plan right now. Glen will kill Lute in this turn and try to solo this area. I only have to silence the two gorgons in this image which can stone him.
pZSCTUb.png
Second part of the plan: L'Arachel uses hammerne on Glen's Violator.
9CWfRof.pngHMGU5eV.pngTElJwIJ.png
First problem is gone. I can only hope that Glen wil survive and Natasha won't bererk him. She also could attack Glen. He'd survive her.
zPYijwo.png
Glen is prevented by getting turned into stone.

Note: Theoretically I also could silence Natasha, but the hitrate is only 40% at best from this large distance.

Enemy phase
fEcE0S1.pngIT6Gzac.png
Oh... thankfully he dodges both attacks.
2QjomBG.png
Crap... I forgot about it. Now he's sleeping. It's not as bad as getting berserked but I'll take a few turns to reach him.
McdLCwC.png
Oh hey... this mamkute gets a level up for it. LOL!
AMXLngO.pngtzmskos.png
Wait... what!? He still can counterattack. The sleep attack of the goat demon does have 100% accuracy, doesn't it?
Well, the animation of this attacked is so glitchy that I wouldn't be surprised that this attacked failed just by a glitch. Anyways I'm not complaining about that. xD

That's awesome because he kills like ten monsters and cleans the central area.
hwYirmh.png
I forgive you that!

Wow... I never thought that Glen would turn out so amazing. I saw him already dead in chapter 8. His survival was a miracle. And now he can almost solo this chapter. Incredible!
OE8ZasC.png
This goat demon moved.

Turn 4
rmyOsie.png
gargoyle reinforcements

Player phase
mfnryQq.png
The end of Natasha. The worst part is gone. Only Ephy is left. Glen levels nothing again. He's now level 20, the first unit who reached the maximum. Congrats!
hVokPjg.pngD3lGWHj.png
... on the other hand this empty level up wasn't expected all! Fuck you, fatass!
PoYpOcs.png
He also gains a zero statter. Wow, a hattrick of zero statter. Well, as for Ross it's logical.
t7RYEUi.pngGTTKUYg.png
The last hammerne is used on Siegmund. Glen and Amelia will duo this area.
r7IudyF.pngJJPycbr.png
awesome - Kiwi is the unit with the best level ups in this hack who's not a trainee.
45OYb3X.png84itnUg.png
Again epic dead animation of the goat demn - for the final time!

Enemy phase

• Colm weakens a gargoyle.
  • Ross kills a gargoyle.
  • Gheb kills a gargoyle with a double attack. He misses two other reinforcements.

5jWugX0.png

YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!

UR8OSFb.png

again this weird attack

JlzECkl.png
This time it was successful. Glass dodges while asleep, though.

The turning point in terms of difficulty is chapter 6 I'd say.

The early game is hard, really hard. Most of the enemies double Gheb.
Chapter 5x is hell, because you're lacking of tanky and fast units, good weapons and healing items. It's more a less a Renault solo, the unit you shouldn't use in this chapter. It can even happen that you can't beat it just because you're out of teas.

After chapter 6 the stats of the opponents kinda stuck, so your units will be more and more on a par with them. You also can grind after chapter 8 (what I did only once). I found lategame rather easy (comparable to FE8's HM). However you still have to make use of certain skills and weapons. Stealing is godly and will make lots of things (mainly bossfights) much easier.

Thankfully I was allowed to play Glass's route, the much better of the two lords. Gheb's route is harder most likely just because of his awful speed.

Honestly I found the final map surprisingly well designed.

Final chapter part 2 (including final boss)

Spoiler

Turn 5
LNs58Ek.png
Five arch mogalls appear. They're by far more dangerous than the gargoyles. Glass and Kiwi can't even take two hits by them. I have to be careful.

Player phase
iM5hrp3.pngnytuSpr.png

Colm crits and has now the required speed to steal from Ephraim. Excellent!

• Ephidel onerounds the slienced gorgon.
  • Kiwi kills the other one.
  • Ewan restores Glass.

WDZLO3a.png

not helpful right now

EAyiOOg.png4NnSLvN.png

I can attack only of the arch mogalls, because there are other more dangerous enemies here. I hope that the RNG won't screw me.
Z5zKlVC.png

Gleb kills a gargoyle with McCartney's help. He started to level up again after a little break.
Wh8J0l7.png6f6SD41.png
Amelia will clean out the top-right corner. The right side looks much better than the left one.
QvrHYYT.png

Ross will attract one of the dracos next to Ephraim.

Enemy phase
PtTzhjR.pngQO1TaPD.png
Amelia kills the other enemies and maxes out her luck.
Amwpmdz.png

Thankfully only 1/4 hits.
b2Evo80.pngZwPGPSU.png
lTmubV9.png

This went well.

Turn 6

Player phase
rRuKEgX.png

These two dracos don't move apparently.
8nZah4j.pngVh9xXNs.png

This guy also has long range magic.

• Ephidel, Ewan and Violet kill the remaining three reinforcement arch mogalls. Violet blocks the enemies in the top-left area.
  • Kiwi onerounds a maelduin.

RElFMMH.png

Oh, come on! You haven't maxed strength, speed and defense yet.

PZvZTDh.png

good
wuprVqk.png
The way to Ephraim is almost clear. In the next turn I can attack him.

Glass can finally support with Gheb:

Glass: Wut?

Gheb: How are your peerless skillz doing?

Glass: I guess pretty good, when we almost have beaten Gleb. LOL! You bored?

8VdiiZQ.png
The conversation scrolled automatically again, so Idk what they're talking about exactly. I guess not too exciting....

Gheb: But I finally found a challenge in this Gleb.

Glass: You're not acting like the schmexy Gheb!

1fJqqyj.png

Yeah, go away... but without her... because I need her UNLIKE YOU!

Gheb. OMFG!!!

Glass: Lol.

It'd be better it took two more turns to reach this support, because then I would be spared from this.

S1Byvci.png

The path is clear!

Enemy phase
eDeRgA5.pngyy7Pgc5.pnglSkjzs6.png

I forgot to mention's Violet's skill. He has lethality. Each lethality kill gives much more experience.
qvU7CE3.png

Haha, great shield.

Turn 7
L453EBn.png

Three moree wights - I don't give a shit to them, because I'm going kill Ephy in this chapter.
C3S3qsy.png

Now, he's a joke final boss. Stealing FTW!
WgZkVI9.png

A crit could do it already.

Ephraim: It is impressive. Seeing you here after all of this. After all we've been through.

Glen: Gleb must go down. That's all we can say.
Ephraim: Very well. Face death in the face. Strike me with all you've got.

BlwUgiw.pngcQMsqbn.png

He shows his might with a crit! (sorry for being so cheap but I need the Siegmund for Gleb)

So bad the main boss (with my cheap strategy), so cool this map really was. I like the idea with three mini bosses. Lute and Natasha are really dangerous and unlike in the original map you have to deal with lots of status staves and other crap. This map was improved a lot compared to the original. If you don't steal the weapons of the twins, this map is really tough. I must admit I was very lucky that Glen wasn't put asleep (somehow).

kk9StJC.pngD5Xsvbb.pngLWzaOMt.png
Ephraim's final words

Glass: WTF? What's going on now?

ZdPl9Ve.png

Gleb: I have harnessed all of the dark powers this place has to give me. All concentrated in this sword I wield. Come face me... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

QfI84Sz.pngvhdr5Q9.png
SUPER SPECIAL EFFECTS

PM9B74G.png

... Gheb is just a hero.

TZGQYaG.png

... with an ugly sprite.

Glass: This retard is responsible for all of this.

Gheb: You retard dared defy me. And finally we meet.

Glass: Ready to take him down, fat man?

Gheb: I have been realy long ago...

Gleb: ... Seeing you all in front of me... Soon to die... This is so funny... Ahahaha!

y5af2Yq.pngIuyjPPv.png
same content like in the original - Rausten's stone weakens Gleb's power.

Sonia: Hmm... I knew it was good for something.

Glass: How do we use this? What does it even do?

L'Arachel: Teehee! I reas about this. If we all put our manly souls together, it'll break any power of AIDs in the area, and then seal it!

oqMU4kO.png

OMG... I just noticed here that Chelly is the abbreviaton for L'Arachel. I was even wondering who was meant when she was talking about Chelly in chapter 19.

L'Arachel: I know rite!

Glass: Alright. This will make our life easier. Everyone! Ready your manly souls!

7lwBNQc.png

... and to end this exhausting journey.

Glass: Fuck yeah!

QH80HYE.png

The fattest and dumbest? YES! The manliest? HELL NO!

Everyone gives a final speech:

Amelia: Wow, this epic. Put our manly souls? But I'm a loli...
Glen: Cormag... after this we go seek father.
Kiwi: Do not fear! Kiwi's here!
Ewan: Y-you can d-do it E-ewan... Show him the m-might of the sh-shota...
McCartney: I really wonder why am I here... (because you shall godfricking help me to oneturn Gleb)

UvYIMOZ.png

This is Ephidel's speech... Wait... no... something's wrong here...

WT0bGEt.pngAlwjoaA.png

This is Colm's... or at least it should be...

L'Arachel: Teehee! This is for what you did to MJ! Teehee!

Glass: With my manly soul, and peerless skillz. We're gonna win.

inxZ9Tz.png2E22YPo.pngLsfSGfv.png
No... that's MJ's stone! Crap... ... Still... I'm too powerful for one stone to take my powers away...

hCgdADv.png

Having a final ace in the hole.

Glass: He still looks the same.

L'Arachel: Of course he looks the same, silly. But now. His weak point is reavealed! We must strike at the horn! Teehee!

Glass: Horn?

18lCKLw.png

Hell yes!!!

Now the time to kick Gleb's butt.

CbNUhkf.pngRqlaipq.pngj9C8MYW.png
Gleb is TERRIFYING! Look at the stats of him and Lucifer. His HP is unknown (probably 120 HP). He has 38 speed and no speed reduction as far as I can see. That means you automatically need stat boost weapons like Siegmund, Sieglinde, Forblaze and Thriller to survive him. Also mooving is nice to have because it negates his 45 defense. However it doesn't has a speed boost, so have to set the final blow with it. Well, let's see how it'll turn out.
NCTqcBE.png

45 damage and 100% - HELL YES!
sJIokyd.pnguVadElj.pngj2WO1Hk.png
simple and short
mBDlqGD.png

still unknown HP - I have still fortify and latona staves left to heal all my units.
KRaIsA1.png

Oh, he has 82 HP left. That means he had 127 HP in the beginning. More than the FE7 dragon and Formotiis had.
Qzc1cg7.png

I'm confused. He doesn't get doubled by Gleb, although he used the Mooving. Gleb has 38 speed while Glen has 29. That's strange but good for me! More than 60% of his HP is gone already. I think I can beat him in this turn.
1XwHaHM.png

Actually the first thing you should do against him. Unfortunately I don't have any finisher weapons. They can be totally broken... if they hit!
F7QpZvp.png

too bad
EdXBjSM.png

I'll do it all the way. I still have McCartney left.
7nIR7TU.png

Violet takes Amelia's mooving...
8mFrHEA.png

... can set Gleb the final blow! DO IT!!!
7GK4LYh.png

IT'S DONE, FOLKS!!!

I've beaten Gheb-FE!!!

Godthanks!

[spoiler=Gleb hasn't a deathquote, though.]

He'll bring it with a little bit delay...

In the next and I guess final part (not entirely sure) I'll show the epilogue, the character endings and stats and a give short review of this hack.

This hell trip has a happy end! Heck Yeah!

Epilogue

Spoiler

RgEXlfW.png
L'Arachel: YAAAAAAY!

Gheb: FUCK YEAH!

Glass: FUCK YEAH!

Me: FUCK YEAH!!!

Gheb: ... This was so awesome.

Glass: Well, what do we do now, fat man?

Gheb: LOL. I dunno. We shoudl go home and pick up after that fucker.
(I took the spelling, so don't wonder about any spelling errors)

13mrbWf.png
... Sure... that's life!

L'Arachel: Teehee! That sounds just about right.

Sonia: Then off we go.

RTMN4LI.pngihmVZjV.png
... Here's his deathquote.

Yvzs1i2.pngtb1oWVd.pngr5HRmI3.png
Denning is shown although he died.

Kiwi: Working for Gheb, of course. Aren't you happy for Kiwi? At least Kiwi is happy for Kiwi.

Ephidel: Metal one... So that means we'll be permanently united with these fools?

Denning: ... (you can guess what he says)

Kiwi: What the dummy said. Also, yes.

Ephidel: Well... as long as you pay me. With a raise. We'll keep talking business.

Kiwi: Kiwi will pay you. He grows money out of trees after all.

Denning: ... (no comment)

B3b6jux.pngHFrzycn.png
WTF!? Oliver is in this hack too!? Probably recruitable in Gheb's route. Makes sense... since they're sort of similar... based on their appearance.

Duessel: The Manly Men Organization must surface again.

Oliver: Haha! That's correct!

Duessel: We'll be the new founding fathers of the new Organization for Manly Men. Also, Lucius, you proved yourself to be very manly.

Lucius: Well, I told you, sirs.

9kYCmv5.png
To people who haven't played FE9: Oliver likes things with white clothes and blond hair.
m8P9EIA.png
He doesn't want to become Oliver's pet.
Duessel: Hmm?

Lucius: Nothing... Let's just go.
d8vVeEX.pngsdGemYi.png
Duessel doesn't know about Oliver's favor.

Lucius: Whew.

MRK7vJk.pngBhXLrno.png
Lucius is shocked.

Lucius: Lord Pent!

Pent: We must find a way to go back! My lady needs me... (I hope he didn't mean Lucius)

Lucius: Lord... don't you think...

Pent: ... Don't even say such impudent things!

Lucius: Oh my...

Jefqaha.png
Ewan: Heheh, but what abut Ross and Gerik?

McCartney: They'll take care of themselves.

Ewan: Can the at least come if they want?

McCartney: Yes, but not with us.

Ewan: Yay, thanks uncle McCartney.

McCartney: Yeah, yeah...

FIDVzWB.png
Where the hell have you been? I still have no fucking idea why he wasn't available after chapter 15.

Ross: But you're awesome! I mean, why can't I hang out?

Gerik: You've been doing that ever since I saved you. Now could please back off?

Ross: Oh ummm... oh.

nv6KgJL.png
I have no idea who she is. Looks like a civ. or sth.

Ross: No, um...

uBBs7jG.png
She has a name. Is she Sonia's real daughter?

Rori: Yes, coming. ... You two boy.

8lSRQ4o.png
Things still turn out well for him. Found a new relation.
AtGh6CY.png
Valter: If we beat that one... Then... Heheh... I'll be back here soon. For now just lay low with Gheb...
iBIthq2.png
Is Fargus also only recruitable in Gheb's route?

Dart: Arr... I guess.

Fargus: I think so.

L'Arachel: You guys are both so unsure. Poopie. You're both no fun. But I like you both still. Teehee! Now we go back to MJ! Yaay!

Dart: The lass creeps me to no end.

Fargus: I get you...

YazYRlX.png07GdyWK.png
Honestly the only somewhat insteresting character in this entire hack.
t6z8G2F.png
Thankfully!
DxZCwvN.png
L'Arachel: It's time for me and the rest of the Circus to fix what was broken between us. Teehee! But you all feel free to ask us for anything! You all hold a special place with us!
YeQEUHR.pngtHc9hot.png
... ok
uUhfZJQ.png
Kiwi: Kiwi's forces will be pleased to hold a permanent contract with your HQ, schmexyness. That would be most gratifying for Kiwi.
wBIYVPE.pngn9ymdxV.png
back to the toilet seat

Glass: Our epic kingdome.
6Un1Qff.pngjASjVla.png
For a moment I laughed when I read this.

Gheb: Lyon holds a speial place in my hart. But I need a queen. He'll understand.
It's the ultimate chance for Amelia to upgrade in the nobility.

Glass: Eh, I don't care about that. I'm gonna get myselft sme well deserved women. The ones you pick are not bad, but there are some that are just special. So you won't see me around here for a while.

Gheb: So you'll leave little ik'me here all alone then, huh? No matter. I'm not your keeper.

Glass: Same, fat turd.

itGyFpA.png
That's it! It's credits time.

[spoiler=review]
Ok, this hack was unquestionable the weirdest FE game / hack I've played yet. I've read and heared about the quality of this hack, so I was already warned.
And yes, as for "story"... the worst concerns became true. This hack has literally no plot. The support conversations include more insults and faecal language than character personality. Even the content of some conversations was to understand for someone like me, whose mother language isn't English. There are so many spelling errors in these conversations. I don't even know, if all of them are intended. I'm sure that the errors in Gheb's conversations shall show his stupidity, but I'm not entirely sure if it goes for each conversation of the others.

Another major downer is the huge number of bugs and glitches. Lots of units have wrong class sprites or wield wrong weapons while the battle animations. Some attacks like the sleeping attack by the mamkutes (forgot the name of the dragonstone) are so glitched that I didn't even work all the time. Glen wasn't affected by this in the final chapter, which really made this chapter easy. Whenever you click on a stave and you cancel, the game will automatically crash. It's so annoying. I even had to replay an entire chapter, because the game completly froze. I was even worried that I can't even complete this hack.
This is just pure laziness by the creator(s).

The balance of this hack is awful. It goes for the classes and the difficulty.
First about the classes: I don't understand why my units have more movement than the enemies. It makes it easy to escape from them. Also some classes are incredibly broken: Dragoon has 12 movement and the ability to steal. The Godclass in this hack! Other classes like Berserks are suffering from their same movement as knights. Also the growthrates of the units are totally unfair. Trainees are broken while units like Tana are just untrainable with their pathetic bases. Tana could be oneshotted in the chapter she joined. Gheb is also a very unbalanced unit. Amazing HP and strength but horrible speed. Base speed Gheb will get doubled in chapter 1. How unfair is that!? It's even worse than with Micaiah in FE10 since you only have two mediocre units with Amelia (still fragile) and Caellach (crit vulnerable) besides him.
This automatically leads me to come to the difficulty. With having Gheb, a slow lord, you'll have a hard time with the early game, A REALLY HARD time. Chapter 1 is very hard. In general the earlygame is the worst of this hack, especially chapter 5x. You have a lord, Glass, who can't take two hits, you have Marcus and Glen, two units with low base speed and horrible equipment, and a Jagen character Renault who will lose his earnings after this chapter. You have to give most exp. to the unit who shouldn't get, because the others are just too bad in combat. Glen almost paid with his life in chapter 8, because he couldn't get one single level up in 5x.
Chapter 6 introduced the invincible ghost warriors, a super mean feature. Isn't it even worse enough to have Fug of War? Do I really need more hidden shit? Fuck no! It was a dumb mechanic!
At least in the route split this hack becomes easier and easier since the enemies don't grow up so much anymore and you can grind. The lategame was rather easy. Chapter 16 and 19 were a joke. However the final map was not bad at all. I liked the additon of the three movable minibosses and the addition of status staves. It forced you to play this chapter much more defensively than in the original where you can easily warp to Lyon. Also I didn't find it a huge issue that warp and resuce staves were removed in this hack. It was rather fair tbh.
Some maps had interesting additions. I liked to see three bosses in chapter 18... but what's the point of them, if they just stand still and wait till someone wrecks their face? Pointless! All in all the map design wasn't awful except for these ghost warriors. Personally I enjoyed playing most of them... except for the early game ones. Adding third tier class and giving them skills were are really nice idea, but these classes aren't balanced as I mentioned early. A feature I really liked was stealing. It was definitely the best feature of this hack. Stealing was fun and reminded me on capturing from FE5. You can get very nice weapons in early game already and you need to steal to have a much easier time with certain bosses. It was a very nice feature I have to say.

Gameplaywise it wasn't as awful as I was afraid of... it was even enjoyable in some points... but the careless design ruined it a lot. Nevertheless it was bearable... unlike the story.

If you don't care for plot and you can forgive bugs and glitches... then you could have a little bit fun with Gheb FE at least.
I only play FE because of its gameplay and that's the ONLY reason, why I can tolerate this hack. It's definitely not a good hack... but it's not as awful as many people told me... at least for me.

tmuYszD.pngl8a6cZW.pngLlJ88MG.png
XvaR98E.pngFK8TiL3.png9V6CsMj.png
Again the text scrolled down automatically, so I wasn't able to catch the entire text.

Turncount
uzUByUF.png
A5p7B4s.png?1
SSTDKgS.png
HjWp3Lf.png

HjWp3Lf.png?1

I guess it's ok. Remember it was only normal mode.

Character endings (will show the final stats later)
ZjJMpUx.png

Amelia was a very balanced units. With her good strength and speed growth she became very useful early on and helped me a lot to survive the early game.
jt44bdv.png

Simply untrainable with her abysmal base HP and defense.
SNrY2zj.png

Caellach was an usable prepromoted unit in the early game. His zero luck always was a danger, but his other bases were good enough to take a few hits and to weak the enemies. His growths weren't bad either, but his poor bases disqualified him later on.
0GX6JxJ.png

Can't tell about his usefulness.
f3T4suH.png

Better bases than Tana, but still pretty bad. Maybe I underrestimated her, but honestly I never really needed a flying unit in early game.
mxmUiLt.png

His base speed screws him. And his awful speed growth didn't help him either. Benched quickly!
wi8mU4N.png

He was a good chipper, but that was it! Shares the same problem with his nephew: slow!
Lbz4GBB.png

So awful Colm's level ups were for the most part and so bad he was in combat, he was only here for one reason: Stealing! With his help I could get tons of nice goodies and made my life in many situations much easier. Definitely a must train.
gd7ULgH.png

Unfortunately died by a ghost warrior. I can't really say much about her. She was fast, but very squishy. Thankfully I found replaced in form of Ewan.
ZxzdSFh.png

Same what I said about Riev, but even better in chipping.
3ZOycMd.png

Batta's actually a very usable unit. He has canto and can steal. His major problem were his crappy defense and resistance. His high HP coldn't compensate it. I had to sacrifice him in chapter 13.
Cuhh6w6.png

BROKEN - not more to say
aD2PYCC.png

... I can be very VERY happy that he somehow survived chapter 8. I never ever thought that he'd become what he was at the end: A KILLING MACHINE

He was the MVP of this hack and made the final map like a cakewalk for me. However his class is definitely the most broken one in the entire hack. 12 movement and ability to steal. That's not even fair!
00lO5Xs.png

No single speed point in like ten levels made me want to sacrifice him. This hack requires speed from an unit and he just didn't have it.
tM7myxq.png

He had the best growthrates of the non trainees. He was a knight who definitely didn't suck.
V2JIVFg.png

Died by berserk. So I had no real bowuser unfortunately.
WE15fS7.png

He's a good addition, but nothing more. Glen outclasses him... and who the hell does like using Valter?
0bYNRJj.png

Similar to Tethys what means great.
L6TbKC4.png

Prepromoted unit I can't judge. Serves as a phyiscal tank quite well, but he's not the fastest.
xuhOgld.png

His problem is that he's already prepromoted and comes with awful bases. He was another unit with speed trouble.
srlBIXP.png

Can't judge.
lU6tjcX.png

Same like in the orginal what means great.
kiPEZN2.png

Awful bases and having Ross already disqualified him.
wuVSmRC.png

Same what went for Colm. Excellent for thievery.
Qe8BOWV.png

shitty prepromoted unit
WBNbMxD.png

I haven't used him much, but his level ups were quite promising. I think he could turn out better (at least much stronger) than Ephidel.
pc2g9Vt.png

A balanced prepromoted unit. Only his rather low magic was a weakness of him. A good stave user, though.
AEh9uS7.png

Started to use him when it was already too late. His major problem is his movement of four. He has massive issues to catch up the others. You really have to play slowly to give him the chance to feed him with kills. I didn't want to do this. If you train him, I guess he'll become a beast like Myrrh was.
bw5F2U6.png

Shitlord: With his awful speed growth the chapters before the split were a mess. I had to worry about fatass all the time, because most enemies could double him. Even his high HP and ok defense couldn't compensate it. He couldn't survive two enemies who were able to double him. That means how bad he was. At the end it became better, but only because he could use speed wings and the enemies weren't so terrifying anymore. Still a really, REALLY BAD lord.
tLkQb6q.png

Glass also had a very hard start. He was very fragile in the beginning... and was till the end I have to say. In chapter 5x he couldn't take two hits. But his offensive growths were great and his speed was but much better than Gheb's, even if not too amazing. But all in all he was a good lord.
8F3zh7I.png

That's it! That was Gheb FE. I hope you could enjoy it a little bit... at least.

Next LP will be the sequel Gheb Saga.

I don't know when I'll start it. I'll take a little break right now. I guess I'll start in the beginning of 2017. Still have other stuff to do right now.

See ya!

@ Augestein

People voted for Gheb Saga.

Since Gheb FE was crazy I don't expect anything else from the sequel.

Let's Play FEIV
Well, I'm too lazy to play another long and hard hack right now so I decided to play sth. more adorable.
I picked FEIV, a FE7 hack which represents the Judgral story some years later than the story in the original FE4. However most actions and dialogues are the same as in the original but it doesn't apply to the gameplay. This hack is the solution for all the people who are interested in FE4 and Judgral's story in general but are daunted by the huge maps.

Anyways most of this hack will be blind for me because I've played only the first three maps and this is quite a while ago.

Spoiler

i6FMeHb.png

Map commentary
2fKCwDi.png
one of the twelve crusaders. Heim’s descendants, the Royal Family, were joined by six additional duchies, each with their own Crusader lineage. Each duchy possessed large territory and military holdings, and excerised partial autonomy while serving under the Royal Family.

8bYyQje.pngZNYyEle.png
Same continent as in the orginial FE4 with the same characters. They only have grown a little bit.

Assisting the prince were his confidants:
i3qBcjv.png
King Hayden made it in FE4?

nFurv24.pngTodmMWm.pngks6bNPb.png
douche-duo

fY6mzHx.pnghk3qlpb.png
ARVIS!!!

mY9Ggqv.png
They're as old as they were in Gen II.

Just as this drama was beginning to unfold, news of calmaty arrived from the east. Reports from the Yied Desert told a massive slaughter.

TBwJ3A6.png
Trouble is coming.

Back in Grandbell, public outcry began to grow, and before long, the decision was made to subdue Isaac. Acting on his father’s behalf, Prince Kurth departed for the front commanding the lords from each duchy. There at his side, a warrior in his won right revered for his heorism and bravery, was none other than Lord Vylon.
Only a handful soldiers remained in Grandbell.
98gXOMw.pngpRZAvCQ.pngpkwR7y4.png
A little lesson about Judgral's geography.

smKGz6y.pngD7igoeF.png2AhEeYH.png
more douches

RUotRwE.png
Yeah, it's really Aideen. The plot is still  exactly the same.

Entrusted with the protection of the kingdom by his father Lord Vylon, Sigurd stayed behind at Chalphy Castle. With only a few soldiers at his disposal, he was rightfullly terrified when news of the invasion reached Chalphy.
Having known Edain since childhood, he was left with no other alternative. Sigurd promptly made the decision to take up arms.

0izRAhY.png
Sieggod!

Prologue: Birth of the Holy Knight

Meanwhile in Jungby:

CoDLv6K.pngW8zwQDp.png
It's definitely easier to identify Midale's gender now. In the orginial it wasn't for me.

Edain: Midale, it’s alright. Everyone gave their best. You needn’t worry about me anymore. Please save yourself. I want as many of you get out of this alive as possible!

Midale: None of use are going anywhere, my lady. We’re here for you till the very end. Even if it means our lives.

Edain: Oh… thank you, Midale. I’m so sorry to put you through all this.

The content of the dialogues is the same as in the original. Only some lines are worded slightly different.

Meanwhile in Jungby:
EtL7LML.png5eOzYj3.png
Sigurd, Alec and Noish analyze the problematic situation.

Sigurd: Noish, I’m going to go and if I can do something. You’re in charge while I’m gone.

Noish: Sir… You're not planning on going alone, are you!?

Sigurd: Grandbell’s military is already en route to Isaac. There really is no one left to call on. Verdane’s army may be full of barbarians, but it’s huge. There are bound to be casualties. I can’t get you involved.

Noish: Excuse me, sir! We were born into the knighthood and are prepared to die fighting! We’d be a disgrace to let out master perish out there all alone. We’re going with you. Alec, you’re with me on this, aren’t you?

Alec: Damn straight. But we’d better swing by the village as well. Those barbarians’ll loot the place, kill everybod in sight, then burn it all to the ground. We’ve got to beat them there and get the villages to strengthen their defenses.

Sigurd: Point well taken, Alec. We mustn’t overlook our duty as knights to protect the people.

Alec: Actually, KA-BOOM takes credit for that one. I tell ya, that kid’s a strategist in the making. Takes right after that famous of his, Lord Cesar.

9Or5rGm.pnge8QDFNV.png9ONNTC0.png
Here's the avatar.

Sigurd: I don’t know, KA-BOOM… You’re still pretty young. You think you’ll be okay out there?

KA-BOOM: I’m already fourteen, sir. I know I’m not ready to fight yet, but I can still help out. Please… let me go with you. Sir, I know I’m not supposed to be here, but I’d like to join your assault. I don’t want to just sit back and watch the castle.

Sigurd: Well, it has been two years since you began training for your knighthood under me. You’re probably ready for some battlefield action. But no fighting… not just yet anyway. Why don’t you come along as my personal advisor?

KA-BOOM: You bet! Thank you, sir!

Sigurd: Alright, let’s make out way to the villages. Then we’re off to Jungby!

KA-BOOM fulfills Oifey's role as strategical advisor.

Map
Xk68NyG.pngeZBEuyk.png?1
80x5ti4.pngkUscEyW.png?1
9wuFC9M.png?17EWQLKF.png?1
The map is the first part of FE4's prolog map. (idk if it's the original 1 to 1 size) Anyways the target is to resize Jungby. Midale guards but all FE4 players know that Gandolf will wreck him, capture Aideen and conquer Jungby in the first enemy phase. The bow fighters are replaced by regular archers.

Allies
Sigurd
Rgp1jHz.pngKcDb2xV.pngGFBTNRp.pngD8tYdvl.png
Here's Sigurd. No, he's not the gamebraker unlike he was in the original. He's already promoted and his stats are absolutely crappy. Only strength and skill are double-digit - AWFUL! However he's good for feeding kills to the others.

Notes:

• Iron and slim sword have the exact same might and weight as in the GBA games but ten more crit. The slim sword has 20 crit.
  • Lances have the exact same stats. The unbalanced weapon weight from the original isn't a thing here thankfully.

Alec
ArIT25I.pngsYDtO61.pngJWmeM64.png
Alec is the Abel-cavalier-type. His bases are pretty ok. The low bases are quite normal in this hack so don't worry about them too much. Ointment is an improved vulnerary.

Noish
Jfx7I1D.pngJO2Icet.png0JycySh.png
The Cain-cavalier-type. His four speed only allows him to double enemies without any speed. Has the exact opposite weapon ranks as Alec.

Arden
rRutmo0.pngmfp8Ost.pngmVE4iEG.png
Arden, the worst Gen. 1 unit, got a buff because he can use all physical weapon types which makes him quite flexible. However his con isn't he best so will have speed reduction with heavier axes. His low movement doesn't hurt him all that much because of the smaller maps.

Skills
Yeah, personal skills are also a thing in this hack. However most of the characters don't have the same as in the original.
hVxdBeR.png
skill pool
c3IABx5.png
Pursuit has an other effect: Noish always doubles when he starts a battle. Nice! Basically a better version of Tsubaki's personal skill (forgot name) from FE14.
UzJKHDn.png
Alec has +20 evasion when he starts a battle. Also not bad. Makes him a good player phase unit.
TNab6HV.png
Poor Sigurd! :(    Starts with crappy stats and doesn't have even skills.
1P9Tmgb.png
As far as I understand he always takes only one damage if he's on full health. Good thing against a magic user.

NPCs
Midale
Zxs0y8y.pngaPkSoco.pngytIcNqk.pngabWfW03.png
Midale is very respectable stats aside of speed. He does +5 damage for now.

Enemies
Generics
Ohjdvdd.pngMLMTRi0.pngMH5vw4x.png
The brigands have Marty's stats.

E5SrHJH.png0YbjL90.pngnQb5dlf.png
The archers have slightly better stats. Beware: Also some enemies have personal skills.

b6Fy9dI.pngpQCudxY.pngveiEdbM.png
The mercs aren't too frightening either.

bDK033b.pngDDhEqFh.png
It's very hard to see but some enemies have a yellow icon. This icon means that it will drop something.
Also each enemy is a visuable healthbar.

Bosses
Dimaggio
bI6ts31.pngmDZX3ho.pngtP5TMuF.pngTlN3sWH.png
He'll be the first boss after had had captured Jungby. Not too tough but beware of his skill. He can almost oneshot Alec and Noish.

Gandolf
z4sKpjk.pngouk5Lok.pnggTMWDks.pngkyE4huu.png
He'll become relevant later. For now he only exists for show cases.

Next time: The game really begins!

Sigh... making LPs is way more complicated now since the update because lots of options like using BBCodes or choosing font is disabled now. Idk why different fonts are shown but I try to fix these issue next time. Still have to get used on this.

Prolog part 2

Spoiler

Turn 1
GCgPKUj.pngF9e048J.pngIZ88YDa.png
Do you notice? Arden can move to the thicket without losing movement. His movement isn't affected by certain tiles. His skill "relentless" also has a secondary effect: Pass. He can move through enemies.

Also Noish and Alec have a second skill I forgot to show last time:

loQSwjD.png
This replaced his "critical" skill. However this skill can screw him because the more he kills, the more enemies can attack him with respectable hitrates.

kHqjz8V.png
This is basically "nihil". He's immune against crits. Great skill!

qWo545b.png
Noish can double everyone in player phase independent of the opponent's AS.

glzEtqi.pngGgKbbFw.png
Sigurd does an excellent "Jagen". Also the enemies have no hitrate against Alec because of clarity.

nmAVvVX.png
Gandolf: Never mind, I'll do it meself! Ya held out pretty well for bein' on yer own. But I've gotcha now. Die!

Gandolf attacks Midale...
LeBr9sa.png6L6bk7G.png
... and powns him.

iiC3Dxs.png
Gandolf has a nice hostage now.

Gandolf: Oooh! Who have we here... Lady Edain of Jungby! Heh heh... You're comin' with me!

CsWpswV.png
His subordinate Dimaggio will guard the castle from now on while Gandolf and Edain are going to have a little journey.

Dimaggio: Where are you goin'?

Gandolf: Don't ya worry. I'll be back with Kinbois and his men. Hell, we may even press on to Barhara. There'd be no one to stop us if we did! Make yourselves at home here, boys. Anything goes!

Dimaggio: Heh... you can count on us for that.

Gandolf: Get movin', idiots! We're goin' to Chalphy. Bring any loot you find in the villages to me!

cbaq38e.png
Gerrard: Aye! Who's the dame, Your Highness?

Gandolf: She's my booty! I'm takin' her back to be my wife. She's a keeper, wouldn't ya say?

LWpUtXo.png
*cough*

Gandolf: You wipe that grin of your face! You'll get your needs met once Grandbell is ours. Show a little self-comtol till then.

Edain: You're all animals... Dear Lord, please instill these people with a little deency.

Gandolf: What're you mumblin' about? We're goin'!

414zdG4.png5Y6laGb.png
Before turn 2 Lex and Azel appear. There's a first difference compared to the original. In FE4 Cuan, Ethlyn and Finn join instead.

Lex: He'll sure be happy to see us. You just can't stay out of these things can you, Azel...

Azel: Yeah, but with the military on engagement to Isaac, Grandbell's completly strapped! Sigurd and the few soldiers left in Chalphy are out here fighting for their lives. I can't just leave them hanging...

Lex: Oh really... I'm not quite buying your story, Azel. What aren't you telling me?

Azel: Wh... what're you talking about!?

Lex: I'd surmise that you're all worked up about Edain of Jungby. I know you like her. A-ha! Face is getting red there, buddy! You little player you.

Azel: Lex, knock it off! Now come on, let's get going.

Lex
IzVdeQU.pngzBjdQXH.pngw9RoZST.pngsABFScY.png
Lex is an axe cavalier despite the class is generalised. He has the stats of a knight, which means he's powerful, tanky but slow. He does +8 damage at full health. With the is boost he can oneshot several enemies

Azel
KqEeuez.pnge4nXmlN.pngeq8xxeV.pnga7OjyOH.png
Azel is the typical mage, squishy. The fire tome has a ridiculous low accuracy but at least it's not as stupidly heavy as in FE4  anymore. His skill forces him to be used in combat. He's not a great chipper because of fire's low accuracy. He mainly serves to set the final blow.

Lex and Azel shall visit the two villages in the north.

But not only my party got reinforcements:
CrBX3Fi.pngUDexUBl.pngk0P7Pit.pngRPtvQ2D.png
Gerrard with two brigands appear from the south-west. They'll move towards you.

Turn 2
a5s2Efk.pngQcwbUTO.pngzQIXopk.png
easy going so far

ascS1l4.png31dAmLG.png
Lex's extra damage due to his skill isn't calculated.

aLX0u8e.pngvBgU2cO.png
Mages became to close combart units.

• He kills the brigand in enemy phase.
  • Alec weakens some brigands.

Turn 3
Azel visits the village:
Elder woman: You've come for use! Our village is saved! Here's a small sum of money we all pooled together Use it how you see fit. Please help out the other villages if you can. They're sure to appreciate it!
Obtains 1000 gold.

About villages: Each village gives you sth. in form of money or other material or even immaterial objects. Unlike in FE4 if a brigand reaches a village, it'll be gone for good!

Alec and Noish kill the two weaken brigands.

zqJ6glO.pngcQsruX0.png
Gerrard challenges Lex - without victor for now.

Turn 4
34nHi8U.png
Sigurd and Arden shall tank. Noish shall save the village.

Lex visits the village in the north-west:

Elder man: Ooh... You there!

Lex: ?

Elder: Yes... you! I can sense something special about you. Hmm... I see that you are quite formidable. Ahh... you are a unerring marksman! I understand. Allow me to hellp you on your quest. ... Hwooooooah!

Woman: Grandfather, are you bothering visitors again? Please go back to your room, it's not safe to wanter around. I'm so sorry, I hope he hasn't bothered you. His age is catching up with him. Thanl you for coming here and helping out the bandits.

Skill + Luck increased by 2

This is definitely a must have visit. Lex is probably the best unit to visit this village because he has accuracy issues.

6PGeAvw.png
Now he has +2% + 4% evasion.

OSqbNjn.png
Arden does his job well.

Turn 4
paytMrj.png
The power of pass: Arden took a real buff.

QJtQ6AT.png
A very unspectacular first level up.

hoArwaA.pngFn8RbdA.png
Lex wrecks Gerrard and gets an expectable level up.

YiyXlLZ.png
Sigurd isnt invisible anymore - even not against axes.

Turn 5

Noish visits the last village:

Woman: You came to save us!? I thought we were doomed! I've got a ring for you in appreciation. It's called the Speed Ring. Slip her on for a little boost in speed. Go ahead... put her on! Your enemy'll have a tough hitting you now!

Obtains a Speed Ring.

YAEnlV4.png
Rings took a nerf of two points but therefore passing is for free. I  guess he or Alec are the best contenders for having this for now.

wYdTHlw.png
The level ups aren't impressive at all so far. :/

jocqLl3.pngMxGM30Y.png
Alec takes serious damage.

Turn 6
zGebJk1.png
The ointment is used automatically (guess even if the HP is full). It's like a healing skill.

LkYyYR2.pngOEhLgBk.png
They're ok. Still no single really good level up yet.

Turn 7
rP2LDwk.png
With take and drop Arden will be brought next to Dimaggio.

9Ybm0WN.png
Arden has no battle animation for some reason. Anyways he dodges and deals 14 damage to Dimaggio.

Turn 8
GIyUbfR.pngj1zTpFw.png
Arden TRKOes him and gets a respectable level up. He's a bit overleveled now. Noish couldn't get one single level. It'll change in the next chapter - Guaranteed!

Sigurd seizes.

E2YaOum.pngrEMkgt6.png1vjBSh8.png
They find exhausted Midale.

Sigurd: Midale, are you okay? Where's Edain?

Midale: I don't know. Gandolf was here though. Ouch...

Sigurd: She must be in Verdane by now. Don't worry. I'll get her back. Give yourself sometime to heal up.

Midale: No, Sir Sigurd. I must join you. I can't begin to tell you how worried I am worried about her!

8pR1M6f.png
Oh... I think they could talk to him within chapter. Forgot about it.

Sigurd: Lex! Azel! What are you two doing here all the way from Velthomer?

Azel: Lex and I left to help you fight Verdane. We came as quickly was we could.

Sigurd: Geez, I could never aks you guys to fight. Do Lord Langbalt and Lord Arvis know you're here?

Lex: Hell no! On offense sir, but my father can't stand yours. And Azel... he had to sneak out. Just to be clear... I'm not here for your little mission. I'm just here to help my buddy out.

Azel: Lex, don't talk to Sigurd like that!

Sigurd: Haha, don't worry about it Azel. If you guys want to help out, it's appreciated.

Lex: We'll do what we can. Thse barbarians have had their way long enough!

fB4PKwV.pngIZsgCMV.pngGpwOjmp.png
Arvis appears. Unlike in FE4 he does it fter the chapter has been finished. He enters Castle Jungby.

ZuH3A20.png
Sigurd: Lord Arvis! What are you doing here?

Arvis: His Majesty was worried, so he sent me to assess the state of the conflict. He also sent this with me. It's for you!

Sigurd: This sword...! He wanted me to have this? What an honour! Lord Arvis, please express my sincerest gratitude to His Majesty.

Arvis: Will do. By the way, I heared my brother Azel has joined your army.

Sigurd: Yeah... sorry. It sounds like he came behind your back. I couldn't just turn him away. If at all possible I'd like him to stay with us for a bit longer.

Arvis: Well, keep him safe. Azel's my only brother. We may have different mothers, but he still means the world to me. I wish he and I got along better, but that's the way these things go. Sigurd I'm leaving him with you in good faith. Show him the ropes, okay?

Sigurd: I'll do that. I'll see if I can get him to return home once we finished uo here.

Arvis: I appreciated it. Well, I need to get back to Barhara to watch over His Majesty. Don't let me down, Sigurd!

Obtains Knight Sword.

Instead of the Silver Sword he gets this now. Probably a Rapier?

Wow, someone else is giving Pi's little project a shot!
I'll do that MK404 thing and do things called commentating on your playthrough.

Yeah, plot's the same and Pi is planning on adding supports eventually.

Sigurd is a shadow of his former self. But hey, he gets a cool prf sword at the end of this chapter from Arvis. That's something right.

Alec turned out pretty good for me in my playthrough (then again, he got one hell of a strength blessing). Clarity is nice and Fortune means that Alec basically has an Iron Rune on him at all times. He will get all the speed and I find that by the mid-earlygame, he'll be doubling the rest of the game more or less. He also gets some magic but last I checked, you had to do some other crap to get a Magic Sword a bit later.

Noish also turned out pretty good for me in my own playthrough. Pursuit was already explained by you and it's fucking great and Daredevil basically gives him more crit as the enemy's hit increases. He is a player phase nuke and even then, he can double some enemies on EP but I wouldn't rely on it much.

Arden is the guy we HAVE to talk about. Pi made this man really good. First, as you noticed Arden can use the full physical triangle + bows, and he has a decent sword and lance rank at C Rank. You already described Toughness, and so I shall describe his other skill, Relentless which is basically Pass and Acrobat in one. This sounds as good as it is on the man. Combined with a Ointment (this heals hp on the start of PP like the Renewal skill), the fact you can repair things in this hack,the fact that due to his high str and def, and his skills, Arden becomes a reliable physical tank that can forego at least 1-3 mages, deal good chip damage with bows (which means he can lure in people because bows). He is a really good unit in this hack compared to his former self (this applies to all 3 Chalphy Chumps however.)

Overall, the 3 Chalphy Chumps are pretty great in this hack.

Lex is cool. Bravado has it's uses and if he gets skill, he starts to crush enemies. Sure he doesn't get speed but he doesn't need it with Bravado being a thing. A good dedicated axe user, that still has to deal with the fact that holy shit axes are pretty heavy in this game.

Azel's state as a unit is basically the same as in FE4, if a bit better because fire tomes don't way like a brick, and he has auto 100 hit when attacking at 1 range. He can use both Wind and Thunder Tomes just as well, if not slightly better than fire magic because of the accuracy and weight of the 2 other types of anima magic. He's an alright Mage all around.

And now, the Knight Sword. Basically, when Sigurd is attacked, a use of the Knight Sword is consumed and he takes half damage from the attack. It makes it so he can chip things pretty well.

((Also sorry if these statements seemed redundant, I was typing up to Arden's little section then my net crash and I thought I lost this post. Turns out I didn't.))

Edited by N30

Nice, another LP! I'll add this to the media section of the project's thread, if you don't mind.

I don't have too much to add so far, but here's some commentary:

For the prologue most of the dialogue is essentially the same as the early translation, I just did some edits like removing dialogue that doesn't make sense anymore (Alec telling Arden to guard the castle, for example) and cleaning up some of the stiffer parts of the script. Later on, things get more... involved.

You didn't show it, but Fighters have noticeably different stats from bandits (and they have the Bloodthirst skill that archers have): they tend to be slower, more accurate and slightly tankier.

The Acrobat-esque bonus for Arden is actually available to all knights (and Generals, but there are no moving generals in 0.1.3). It's an interesting way to give them a movement advantage without actually increasing their movement. EDIT: Actually now that I think about it there might be one general that moves.

Finally, here's the full list of stat-ups you can get from the village:

• Arden gets 3 Magic and 3 Resistance
  • Alec gets 2 HP, 1 Strength and 1 Skill
  • Noish gets 1 Skill, 1 Speed and 2 Luck
  • Azel gets 3  HP, 3 Strength and 2 Def
  • Sigurd just gets 100 experience!

In retrospect, I should probably lower Arden and Azel's bonus by a smidge.

Edited by SquareRootOfPi

Chapter 1-1 Maiden of Issac

Spoiler

Map story
Although Sigurd's first skrirmish ended successfully, he remainded worried for Edain. She could not even be found within castle Evans, which lay between Verdane, Grandbell and Agustira. Thus, with great reluctane, Sigurd began preparations to enter Verdane.
MdOpyAa.png

DGudZiL.pngyhpsxlV.png
Shanan and Ayra

inl8dNw.pngSTb53UR.png
King Lionheart aka Eldigan

Eldigan takes a visit at castle Evans

DR2K7Xx.png
Eltoshan: You're not declaring war on Verdane, are you?

Sigurd: Eltoshan, thanks for coming! Verdane took Lady Edain of Jungby hostage. They showed no signs of releasing her, so I was forced to take up arms.

Eltoshan: So that's what's going on. I wouldn't leave this castle unattended if I were you. There's no telling what the lords of Agustria may do. Still, I'll watch your back, Sigurd.

Sigurd: I really appreciated it, Eltoshan. Let's meet up again when this is all over. We'll find a cozy little spot, have a little wine... just like in old times.

Eltoshan: That sounds nice, May you be victorious, Sigurd!

Eltoshan leaves the castle.

FrnVEQ9.pngXXfnBU0.pngeI4Wo4i.png
Kinobis kidnapped Shanan and forces Ayra to fight against Sigurd to let Shanan unarmed.

Shanan: These guys don't scare me, Ayra. Don't you let them push you around!

Ayra: Shanan... Alright, Kinbois. You've got my word, so just keep your hands off of him. I just wonder if I can really trust you to return him to me.

Kinbois: Heh... Look, he's all yours once we've gotten Evans castle back.

Ayra: You better not double-cross me, Kinbois. Because I'll hunt you down... and put your head on a stick! Even if it takes me to the ends of hell! Got it!?

Kinbois: W-whoa! For such pretty face you sure can spew some filth. Don't worry! I ain't got plans to cross with a swordswoman like you.

Ayra: Shanan, stay strong. It'll only be for a little while.

Shanan: Ayra, forget it! Don't go!

But she leaves him for the best of Shanan.

LKL4rdb.pngGOvcpwZ.png
Shanan will be kept as hostage in this fort.

4kMWKFG.png
I don't think so!

Map
oEsw7ST.pngLy0BdkE.png?1
zLWpWFg.pngx7UEute.png?1
7oni9V3.pngMcFKsGE.png?1
This is the first part of FE4's chapter one.

AzLKuOq.pngkI8Gh3i.pnggyfjUOT.png
Again the majoriy of the enemies uses axes and bows but you also fight a few soldiers. These soldiers aren't as crappy as the ones in the GBA games.

pGeeX3V.pngeinYAnN.pngBXinNu5.pngiFXOacg.png
Kinbois is technically the boss in this part despite he doesn't guard the castle. He'll move automatically towards you. Don't be scared by his class. Yeah, he's a warrior but his stats aren't terrfiying. And in this hack his silver axe was replaced by a steel axe. Only Azel could be oneshotted by him.

HFJ0V03.pngZdvAQD6.png
A generic fighter guards the castle as in the original. Welcome to poison weapons btw!

S75pA4m.png
Most fighters and archers have this skill. I guess even all!?

4oICjFG.pngMbVTarD.pngQ2HHq7T.pngUx9O0cE.png
Ayra took also a nerf. She lost her nihil skill from the original. Also astra doesn't guaranteed five attacks at activation so far as I see.  Her bases are ok but not realy special. Killing edges are also inaccurate.
How to recruit her: She must be kept alive till Sigurd seizes. Arden and Alec (nihil) are the best units to tank her.

4hAK7KQ.png
Idk if it's a rapier. It gives Sigurd "parry", a skill I haven't dealt with yet.

Turn 1
unE8V5i.png
All my units go towards south. Noish kills a brigand. An ok level up.

7JzF9TR.png
More power!

Ethlyn: I'm sure my brother's fine, but he has no one around him that can use magic. I'm sure I can put staff skills to some use around here. I'm sorry to pull you into this, Cuan. I know I'm no longer a Chalphy, but I can't just sit back and do nothing. On my brother's behalf, thank you so much for coming.

Cuan: You don't need to thank me, Ethlin. You know Sigurd and I go way back. Not to mention that he's my brother-in-law now. Besides, I can't have you fighting alone.

Ethlyn: I sure appreciate it, dear.

poTt3cY.png
Finn's dutyful as ever.

Cuan
mmjWjLV.png684zS8z.pngSbwgCnX.pngVl6KoX8.png
Cuan is prepromoted like Sigurd. He's tankier and slower. Also has no skill anymore.

Finn
x3jfcm2.pngrtyYUfX.pngNyKRkMm.pngnzNAb9t.png
Finn is what Cuan already was: Lance cavalier. He's less powerful and tanky than him but has already the same speed as him. He has miracle which hasn't the same function as prayer. Miracle works as it does in Tellius or the 3DS parts but Idk which stat affects the activation rate. As I understood it's a 100% chance. Would be pretty broken!

Ethlin
lVui36Q.pngRDigjPQ.pngO7A6anE.pngUCLePjN.png
Ethlin is our first healer in the game. Mounted healers are absolutely appreciated. She also lost her skill (critical). Instead of a slim sword she has a lady sword now which is effective against brigands and fighters. Great to have in the current part where you have to fight lots of them. Also Cuan and Ethlin have a S support. S-supports as in the latest FE parts are a thing now.

Turn 2
LHM80Nq.png
Short analyse: Some enemies next to me and more including Kinobis is on the way towards me.

TgE8Czu.png
Lex's "bravado" makes it possible to oneshot several enemies. Will make use of it more late on.

y6jm9TZ.png
Sigurd, Arden and Lex are in Kinbois's attack range.

Midale visits the village:

Man: The lord of Genoa, Kinbois is a downright terrible man. He has attacked our village on numerous occasions. It's been dreadful. And things had been so peaceful under the reign of King Batou... Anyways, we're all so glad that you've come! We don't have much to offer, so please take this parchement. I don't really understand what's written on it myself, but a traveling scholar left it here. I'm sure there's some hidden power in the writing.

Obtains Flame scroll

MhPLvV6.png
I think it's a tome with three uses. The 30 hit isn't a problem since it's negated when Azel attacks in close combat.

84TUCKg.pngKaeNw3R.png
not too bad

WKDE3E1.png
this critrate - ouch!

Turn 3
rQNU7Ab.png
There are way too man enemies right here. Retreating is the best solution now.

eaeQ5iu.png
Ehtlin will check put how good the lady sword is.

Fr1qEd1.pngHOQbdWu.pngXf3Jsg5.png
It's pretty damn good actually - oneshotted the brigands.

xnGP1QK.png
Hoped for a dodge but oh well...

Turn 4
2OoWV2e.png
Still looks complicated but I can't move back any further. I have beat this crap sometime. You notice a difficulty spike. This map isn't as easy as the it was in FE4. Also this chapter has the first reinforcements. Thankfully they appear before the player phase.

pTUHTqV.pngtzsyzu1.pngwTlDkuK.png
Noish and Arden take out Kinbois.

ksdu4Kg.png
As if he's not strong enough already...

9LUZza2.png
Alec, Noish and Arden will tank.

DwzBFwi.png
Cuan also can oneshot stuff.

0O31o4A.png
Ethlin oneshots another fighter and gets the best level up in this playthrough so far.
Finn had to rescue her because she couldn't take another hit.

CVSNCeW.pngURTLr3v.png
Alec's magic growth took a huge buff. Now it's higher than his strength. 0.0

Qum49dv.png
I was a lucky bastard right here. This fighter had this skill:

If he hit him, he would do 16 damage to Azel =>  RIP
A friendly reminder to check out the enemy's skills next time! A death in the second map would be really embarrassing.

Alec taks a bit damage in enemy phase.

Turn 5

8jVWNlC.png
The situation looks a bit better now. I should handle most of the enemies.

fASZvuw.png
That's the result at the end of player phase.Only two enemies survived who can't kill anyone. The situation is under control now. Finn drops Ethlyn.

J17Gfco.png
I can definitely live with that.

3KSyBro.png
Arden gives a shit to the critrate against him.

Turn 6
wXiAbKf.png
Ethlin oneshots another fighter. However she needs to be rescued again because 50% hitchance against her is way too much than to gamble.

9j2TWsI.pngolFsIXn.png
Arden and Noish kill stuff. Meh and good level.

Midale and Lex kill the soldier.

s8SUD8b.pngG7Jyf0U.pngTpB1CHP.png
Finn crossed the line which makes Ayra want to move.

HOyAq8W.pngsd1fG3D.png
That was close! i guess even if the archer hit him, miracle would activate.

Turn 6
eEqEpFI.png
Ethlin oneshots another fighter and Cuan oneshots an archer. Her magic growth took a huge buff thankfully.

otVyPcI.png
No one's in Ayra's attack range - Good!

Turn 7
fGu98sA.png
Cuan will drag out Ayra further towards north-east to give my main team a clear way to deal with all the remaining generics.

Arden and Cuan get hit by a fighter in enemy phase. Cuan gets even doubled because I didn't mention his con. He has only 8 (!!!) con. With the steel lance equipped he has 2 (!!!!!) speed. Disgusting!

Turn 8
Midale kills one of the weaken fighters.

WU8gvKS.png8t1LyRW.png
Speaking about terrain: Forts and thrones don't grant evasion but only +2 defense. I haven't checked out what thickets do.

JHLMXhw.png
Arden kills the other weaken fighter. He and Cuan will tank Ayra.

EsTHgdg.png
Surprisingly hand axes require a lower weapon rank than javelins. Just look at the hit. :(

WS9mAle.png
Ayra uses astra. It gives her 2-4 more attacks. I believe she attacked him three times in once.

Turn 9
pWo0jz9.png79HPATG.pngCFv8nLu.png
Killing the guard to let Sigurd seize the castle..

Arden doesn't need to get rescued to spare Ayra because the chapter ends when Sigurd seizes.

Sigurd: Alright. We've captured Genoa. KA-BOOm, find out where Edain's been taken while we secure the rest of the castle.

Ka-Boom:Understood, sir.

Inside the castle:

EnLimDL.png
Shanan: ...

Sigurd: What's up? Why aren't you talking? Who locked you up in there?

Shanan: ... Aren't you Kinbois' men?

Sigurd: We took care of Kinbois. You're safe with us.

Shanan: Really?! Then auntie Ayra doesn't have to fight aynmore!

Sigurd: You've got someone looking after you? That's good, I was worried you were alone. Before we go find her, what's your name?

Shanan: I'm... er... prince of the Kingdom of Isaac.

Sigurd: YOU'RE the prince of Isaac? ... You're serious, aren't you? I bet you've been through a lit. You should to stay with our troops for now.
Just be patient for the time being. You'll make it back to your conuntry someday.

KA-BOOM: Sir, we're currently at war with Isaac. Shouldn't we inform the king of this?

Sigurd: KA-BOOM, that war has nothing to do with this child. I don't care where's from. We'll find a way to get him home. For now I hust want to keep him safe.

KA-BOOM: Understood, sir.

Speaking to himself:
Wow... Sir Sigurd sure is a kindhearted man.

qCyWMhe.png
Ayra's looking for Shanan.

ZMEhh5l.png
Ayra: Are you ok?

Shanan: I am! Mister Sigurd saved me.

Ayra: Sigurd? Are you the one who defeated the Verdane forces?

Sigurd: Ah... yes, I was the leader.

Ayra: So you're from Grandbell... Well, I still owe you many thanks for defeating them.

Sigurd: Don't you worrry about it. By the way, I know you're from Isaac. You don't need to keep it a secret anymore.

Ayra: W-What are you talking about?

Shanan: Um... I might have told him... that I was the prince.

Ayra: What?! Shanan... I told you to keep that a secret!

Shanan: But Sigurd saves us! He's not a bad guy!

Ayra: ... Fine. What's done is done. Let's focus on the present.

Sigurd: I agree. I think you should stay with us until the war in Isaac settles. You won't have to worry about shelter or food, and you can pretend you're from Grandbell.

Ayra: True... most of my men died when Kinbois ambushed us. I guess I have no choice. For now, my blade is yours to command. But make no mistake. I'm doing this for Shanan. If anything happens to him under my watch, I'll makee sure you pay the debt in blood.

Sigurd: You're truly a warrior with strong convictions, Ayra. I'll make sure to match your expectations.

Ayra leaves. KA-BOOM and Sigurd still discuss about Edains current remain:

Sigurd: KA-BOOM, did you manage to get any information about Edain's where abouts?

KA-BOOM: Yes, sir Sigurd. According to the locals, Gandolf has a castle located due to west of here. There's no doubt that she's being held there.

Sigurd: Hmm... how should we proceed? A head on attack may be risky.

KA-BOOM: Gandolf hasn't sent out any troops yet... He probably believes victory is his. He must have expected Kinbois to deal with us. In any case I believe we have the element of surprise. I suggest we gather a small force and launch a sneak attack.

vK9IIM8.png
Where does he just get the information?

On 10.4.2017 at 10:24 PM, SquareRootOfPi said:

Nice, another LP! I'll add this to the media section of the project's thread, if you don't mind.

I don't have too much to add so far, but here's some commentary:

For the prologue most of the dialogue is essentially the same as the early translation, I just did some edits like removing dialogue that doesn't make sense anymore (Alec telling Arden to guard the castle, for example) and cleaning up some of the stiffer parts of the script. Later on, things get more... involved.

You didn't show it, but Fighters have noticeably different stats from bandits (and they have the Bloodthirst skill that archers have): they tend to be slower, more accurate and slightly tankier.

The Acrobat-esque bonus for Arden is actually available to all knights (and Generals, but there are no moving generals in 0.1.3). It's an interesting way to give them a movement advantage without actually increasing their movement. EDIT: Actually now that I think about it there might be one general that moves.

Finally, here's the full list of stat-ups you can get from the village:

• Arden gets 3 Magic and 3 Resistance
  • Alec gets 2 HP, 1 Strength and 1 Skill
  • Noish gets 1 Skill, 1 Speed and 2 Luck
  • Azel gets 3  HP, 3 Strength and 2 Def
  • Sigurd just gets 100 experience!

In retrospect, I should probably lower Arden and Azel's bonus by a smidge.

Oh... I hope I'll do the LP well to your satisfaction.

Of course you may add me in your hack thread.

It's right that I forgot to show the fighter class. Also didn't separate these classes in chapter 1-1 either (only showed fighters); will show present both classes in chapter 2 at the latest if I won't forget it again.

I'm not sure if this hack has updated patches, but I'm playing the first released version. So Idk if there any changed happened after that.
If I should complain about sth. which has been fixed later on like missing battle animation for Arden and Ethlin, then poke me, and I'll fix it in my commentary.

Also I only played the first three maps of this hack about one year ago so my memories are really wonky. All the chapters past 1-2 will be blind for me.

On 10.4.2017 at 7:09 AM, N30 said:

Wow, someone else is giving Pi's little project a shot!
I'll do that MK404 thing and do things called commentating on your playthrough.

Yeah, plot's the same and Pi is planning on adding supports eventually.

Sigurd is a shadow of his former self. But hey, he gets a cool prf sword at the end of this chapter from Arvis. That's something right.

Alec turned out pretty good for me in my playthrough (then again, he got one hell of a strength blessing). Clarity is nice and Fortune means that Alec basically has an Iron Rune on him at all times. He will get all the speed and I find that by the mid-earlygame, he'll be doubling the rest of the game more or less. He also gets some magic but last I checked, you had to do some other crap to get a Magic Sword a bit later.

Noish also turned out pretty good for me in my own playthrough. Pursuit was already explained by you and it's fucking great and Daredevil basically gives him more crit as the enemy's hit increases. He is a player phase nuke and even then, he can double some enemies on EP but I wouldn't rely on it much.

Arden is the guy we HAVE to talk about. Pi made this man really good. First, as you noticed Arden can use the full physical triangle + bows, and he has a decent sword and lance rank at C Rank. You already described Toughness, and so I shall describe his other skill, Relentless which is basically Pass and Acrobat in one. This sounds as good as it is on the man. Combined with a Ointment (this heals hp on the start of PP like the Renewal skill), the fact you can repair things in this hack,the fact that due to his high str and def, and his skills, Arden becomes a reliable physical tank that can forego at least 1-3 mages, deal good chip damage with bows (which means he can lure in people because bows). He is a really good unit in this hack compared to his former self (this applies to all 3 Chalphy Chumps however.)

Overall, the 3 Chalphy Chumps are pretty great in this hack.

Lex is cool. Bravado has it's uses and if he gets skill, he starts to crush enemies. Sure he doesn't get speed but he doesn't need it with Bravado being a thing. A good dedicated axe user, that still has to deal with the fact that holy shit axes are pretty heavy in this game.

Azel's state as a unit is basically the same as in FE4, if a bit better because fire tomes don't way like a brick, and he has auto 100 hit when attacking at 1 range. He can use both Wind and Thunder Tomes just as well, if not slightly better than fire magic because of the accuracy and weight of the 2 other types of anima magic. He's an alright Mage all around.

And now, the Knight Sword. Basically, when Sigurd is attacked, a use of the Knight Sword is consumed and he takes half damage from the attack. It makes it so he can chip things pretty well.

((Also sorry if these statements seemed redundant, I was typing up to Arden's little section then my net crash and I thought I lost this post. Turns out I didn't.))

Thanks for your detailed units explanation.

I guess Arden will become the MVP.
He works like a Jagen despite being a knight. And unlike Sigurd he can take hits and oneshot stuff.

The issue I've with Azel is that he's only really useful for finishing off enemies. With the nerfed accuracy of tomes he's not a good chipper anymore.

@X-Naut

healing terrains have had their Avoid bonuses revoked

I actually noticed it and wanted to add this in the second part of this chapter because I noticed the nerf of forts and castles when the archer reinforcements appeared from the forts.
Also wanted to explain more about the weapon system because a few things were quite notable.

Time for me to ramble about some more units.

Midayle is your first bow unit and he's on a horse. Specalist as you noted grants +5 damage if there is only one equippable weapon in the inventory.  This makes it so he's able to deal a whole lot more damage than his original self could ever muster. What I did to really use him was giving him the Skill Ring, and the Killer Bow and I watched him decimate. All in all, he's a decent bow user and when he starts trucking and keeps that momentum coming, you'll find that he becomes a decent unit all around (because bow locked at t1 isn't the best thing ever).

Cuan is as you described him and a shadow of his former self as well like Sigurd. He makes for a good filler unit and a 8 mov unit with canto and rescue are always welcomed in any Fire Emblem army. He's locked to lances though and it's not until 2 maps or so later where we go out of axe land and him and Finn can truly show their stuff.

Ethlyn is mounted healer/10 with Lady Sword access, and a decent magic score which means she can make use of the eventual magic swords you'll encounter on your journey. Getting her kills here will make it so she can be left open to a couple of attacks and be fine later on.

Finn is a decent cavalier. Sure, his speed won't be the greatest but his strength is decent, he has B Lances which means he can use the Swiftspear at base and the Silver Lance within a couple of maps. Miracle is a 100% and combine that with Ointments or Renewal, and you got yourself something wonderful. In terms of dedicated lance users however, Finn does face competition in a potential optional soldier later on if you do get him.|

Also, I forgot to mention this last time but Alec is a res tank with glass def while Noish is a decent def tank with poor res. Another way Pi differentiated the Christmas Cavs I suppose.

Edited by N30

Arden is a man of stone chiseled from the finest marble you can find. Being able to tread forests without resistance is a godsend and his improved Skill (and intelligence if the script is anything to go by) complements his go in, take hits and deal back nature.

Azel's Hit issues will be sorted out once you visit a shop, since Thunder and Wind spells also exist and have much better accuracy in exchange for power.

Also nobody pointed this out yet, but healing terrains have had their Avoid bonuses revoked; so you won't have to worry about facing bosses at sub-80 hit rates all the time without WTA.

Added the rest of chapter 1-1 to my previous post so don't wonder why I start with 1-2 here.

Chapter 1-2: Escape from Marpha (part 1)

Spoiler

Map story
With Kinbois defeated, Sigurd sets out for Marpha castle. The fate of a dear friend rests on the outcome of this battle. To save her, Sigurd must defeat the ruler of Marpha, Prince Gandolf.

Chapter 1-2: Escape from Marpha

zAWj7nK.png
an indoor map!!!

PLcSYBw.png
the only wise of the  three brothers

Jamka:  You have to stop this foolishness. Return Edain to the Grandbellians.

Gandolf: Hah! When did you get cozy with the prisoners? Anyway, those punks don't scare me. Kinbois'll crush anyone that tries to enter Verdane.

Jamka: ... You haven't heared the news, then. Kinbois is dead.

Gandolf: W-What?!

Jamka: The Grandbellians will likely be here within the day. But they might be lenient if you return Edain without harm.

Gandolf: I ain't giving up any of my spoils. You're lucky you're my brother, otherwise I'd cleave you in half right now. If you're not going to fight Grandbell, then got out of my way!

Jamka leaves and enters the cell where Edain is inside.

x0ygobt.png
Jamka: It went as badly as I expected. My brother's stubborn as a mule.

Edain: I'm sorry to hear that. What now?

Jamka: There's not much I can do... but I'm not letting Gandalf's men have their way with you. I'll figure out a way to get you out of here.

Battle preparations
64gqz7u.png
The first time you see the battle preparations menu.

Anyways:

• You have to leave two units home.
  • Merlinus (with a different sprite) appeared quite secretly who will take care about your supply. You can also sell stuff. But he's not usable as (traveling) supply in the chapter.

Map

LyCr6cl.pngeB0pnJq.png?1
mUAxuTb.pngNQzbznS.png?1
FuBAWjt.png?1oPxYz5x.png?1
Since the original game has no indoor map this is the perfect opportunity to add one.
You see doors and three chests but only one enemy drops a door and chest key. How to open the other chests? You'll see!

Enemies
Generics
n2XXE05.png81p2ycv.png
The enemies are between level 3 and 7. They carry iron and poison weapons. Very few have steel weapons. They're not too tough.
Some of them drop gold.

0lC41RY.png
First prepromoted generic. Level 1 warrior doesn't mean anything. Their stats are laughable. Lady sword can easily oneround him.

Lg2jhdC.png
These two mercs are stuck here. They have stealable gold.

Boss
QnhXSMn.png7NlGXuN.pngeEvMlnV.pnglRVUpme.png
Gandolf is a bit better than the generic, especially scarier with the killer axe. Still Ayra with the Lady sword can oneround him.

As for this chapter I left Cuan and Finn home and gave the Lady sword to Ayra.

Turn 1
c27Jznn.png
Movement penalty for mounted units. I really like this feature. It's better than dismounting and having reduced stats.
I'm not sure if special tiles like the stairs cost move movement than others.

In enemy phase Noish pokes a brigand and Sigurd kills another one and obtains a door key from him.

Turn 2
rhscRmb.png
Sth is going to happen there.

oNYJr2K.pngHcp3oQC.pngcZRxtWX.png
Jamka freed Edain and Dew from their cell.

Edain: Prince Jamka, you're not joining us?

Jamka: No, I can't go against my father, even with all them mayhem my brothers are causing. I'm going to Verdane and make him see the wrong in all this.

Edain: Yes, this was has gone on long enough. Prince Jamka, you're our only hope. Do your best to persuade the king to end this war.

Dew: Edain, we gotta move now! It's gettin' too hairy 'round here. Gandalf'll rip out my tongue next time they find me!

Jamka: Dew, you were just asking to get locked up, you little thief. You're just lucky Edain pleaded for you, and she'll need the protection. No more stealing, got it?

P8Yd9Yb.pngdUIBZTs.png
lol

Note: The spelling is inconsistent here. It's called Gandalf and Gandolf.

O3omElk.png
Dew and Edain appear.

Jamka: Edain... I hope we meet again.

Dew
eIMKLdM.pngBJmscSV.pngaXgHBpH.png9n3P4qu.pngUNdKaPp.png2cJHaEl.png
Dew is a thief so the ticket for the chests. His stats are expectable for his class. His combat qualities aren't great due to his awful attack power. However he can serve as a dodgetank against axe users very well. With his low attack power he can't benefit too much from sol. He has two interesting weapons. The Main gauche seems to do work as a weaker version of a zanbato. And the Thief knife steals sth. from the enemy on defeat. If the enemy has only the equipped weapon, you will get that. If it has any other items, you'll get that first. (you only get one thing)

Edain
NpvkiwS.pngQnr6ps9.pngcoVTuuF.png3P8ePMg.pngoPPKWQ0.pngBASvgin.pngiCCnF2n.png
Edain is very interesting unit. At first sight she's a typical cleric but her Aegis circlet makes her really interesting.

1. It allows her to take only one damage that means no one can oneshot her.
  2. She has mircale so she'll take two hits anyways if miracle has a 100% activation rate.
  3. She has renewal which automatically heals her HP. That means toughness can be activated in each turn because she'll restore her lost one HP every single time.

=> She's an excellent decoy bird if you have to fight a very strong enemy beause she will always survive unless the opponent has a skill which negates all the opponent's skills. Keep the circlet on her to make use of this skill combination.

Noish onerounds and Ayra oneshots a fighter.
EKlAV1M.png
It's ok.

ghnVq9I.png1R9FLTp.png
good dodge

Aq1jgOy.png
Arden still oneshots.

3xBzPiQ.pnghGqF43W.pngHVBDlIS.png
Damn it - poisoned!

About poison: It's way more nasty here. You always lose four HP at the beginning of a turn and I believe it lasts till the end of a chapter (at least >3 turns). And that's not all! it also reduces your stats. (idk how much since I figured it out in the next chapter)

Lex kills the brigand Noish weakened in the last enemy phase.

Dew goes after the chests.

uZfvEdk.png
Despite his damage output is low he's an excellent dodgetank.

Ayra and Sigurd take damage.

Turn 3
5cXgvhx.pngn7iFt0Q.pngHWSlyhh.png
Gandolf answers with reinforcements.

Noish and Ethlin finish off the soldiers.

lXFvVZn.png
Azel and Sigurd kill this brigand...

wUNJn9J.pngZTrqRxB.png
... and Arden and Alec kill this archer. His magic role still continues.

ra3wBER.png
The reward for killing the weaken brigand. It was droppable so he didn't need the thief knife to get this.

A9qnsGM.png
Ayra oneshots a fighter and Midale almost oneshots an reinforcement archer.

Chapter 1-2: Escape from Marpha (part 2)

Spoiler

Turn 4
WD8wBUJ.png
The proof that poison does four damage. (Sigurd had 11 HP in the previous turn)

3HDLr7l.pnglS7DhXu.png
One of the reimforcments from the last turn represents a new class: pirate
It's probably the best axe locked class regarding on its stats. Faster and more skilled than brigands and not less powerful than fighters.

Alec finishes off the weaken archer.

7v3mzwH.png
Arden drags out the warrior at the top of the image who has an iron bow equipped.

Kv6ylfi.png2nnAfHJ.png
depressing and ok

os1USiI.png
Dew opens the first chest where a halberd is inside. They're as (in)accurate as steel axes, have the same wight as iron axes and are very heavy. Lex loses five AS.

4GAOrR0.pngjEx8i2S.png
Thanks to toughness only one damage taken.

yhTK61J.png
I underrate the enemy's critrate. I have to keep in mind that iron swords got a crit buff.

Turn 5
kwVXtvn.pngqS2cpX8.pngtnadicc.png
Gandolf sends out more reinforcements. More in total than last time.

IO6Sswg.png
He oneshots everyone except for axe users.

38dE208.pngrGzqA4W.png
He gets a vulnerary from the mercenary and an ok level up.

RMmDAxw.png
Oneshotted thanks to bravado. Obtains an iron lance.

Noish kills the merc who attacked Midale.

Jrpd8u6.png(belayed image)
In the second chest is a longbow inside. Pretty much expectable stats.

j3YYVoG.png
Five damage from a warrior.

iknlwDC.png
Arden oneshots another merc who drops a vulnerary. Luckily you don't have to discard anything.

Ayra oneshots a brigand and Noish weaks one.

Turn 6
l1eCdsR.png2oIsJU7.png1CXDZ0J.png
The first of the two generic warriors is down. He obtains a chest key. Dew isn't needed for the single chest because I have a door and a chest key.

Hge7wGR.png
A meh level up for finishing off the weaken brigand.

is1RmEa.png
Ayra drags out the second warrior...

W8r7Zlx.pngusrIq7F.png
... who got overkilled. The reward for that is disgusting.

1aM5C5n.pngYAyAkKj.png
Dew onerounds a fighter thanks to a crit. Since he finished him off with the Thief knife he gets his steel axe. His level up is much more useful, especially the strength.

Turn 7
J6Nglhe.pngFjpq20q.png
not bad, not bad

MNIURNN.png
Lex can also oneshot lots of stuff if he has full HP.

wwiJToJ.png2NbwK3m.png
Ayra, PLEASE!!!

Dew pokes a brigand.

Turn 8
DyeL8jl.pngClZfOcy.png
Her level ups have been awful, but at least she does a good job in critting.
(these snipers are stationary)

Dew finishes off the weaken brigand.

kGcd4aX.png
money

Turn 9
HgucsyM.pngkkckW7S.pngr6Gih6k.png
Thanks to the nerf of thrones she has no problem to take him out. Since Gandolf's critrate is really low I try it of course.

1E3ef7P.pngCrXC5Uo.png
SIGH...
Obtains a Skill ring.

I'm pretty sure Edain and Midale have a special conversation with him.

kM6hYUS.pngnmk6L48.png
Before I'm going to end this chapter I'd like to grab the gold from these two. Dew opens the door and gets attacked by them in enemy phase.

Turn 10
jHxIZiW.png
not good
Obtains 201 gold.

Note: Thieves can still steal but Dew had no more free slots in his inventory so he had to get the money by killing with the thief knife.

1MwkNtA.png
Excellent level up for killing the last enemy. He has as much magic as Azel now.

2xdaI5c.png
Level up for healing.

AI8ogM0.png
Midale can talk to Edain.

Midale: My humblest apologies for all you had to go through!

Edain: Midale, I'm just happy that you're not hurt. Let's put this all behind us. You did your very best, and that's all I could ever ask for. Do me a favour, Midale and stay with Sir Sigurd's troops.

Midale: I'd be more than happy to. I owe him for rescuing Jungby Castle for us, and you as well!

Sigurd seizes.

WK9Ummo.png
Edain: Sigurd! So you're the one behind my rescue.

Sigurd: I'm terribly sorry that you had to get involved in this. Don't worry about it. You're a dear friend of mine. Everyone will just be glad to know that you're alright. I think I should send someone to escort you back to Grandbell.

Edain: No, I'm staying. There's bound to be more injuries further along. Besides... there's someone I need to see.
(she's talking about Jamka)

Sigurd: Hmm... I don't want to put you at risk again after all you've been through, but if that's your decision, I'll respect it.

Edain: Thank you, Sigurd.

bZLWxDb.png
Suddenly a shaman appears along with a fighter. Looking at their battle colours means that the shaman isn't here on its own will.

3DDytoY.png
Diadora in accompany with a brat.

???: What's the matter? Don't you wanna have a little fun?

Diadora: Sorry, I'm not interested... just let me be on my way.

qIHaCBP.png
Sigurd notices that she's pressed and steps in.

???: What gives?  ... Wait a minute, you're that Grandbellian knight!

Sigurd: I hope you're not forcing that young lady to do anything she doesn't want to do.

???: No, no... I'm just having a little fun is all. Er, sorrry miss. I'll just leave now.

3IbJ27C.png
Now he has her all to himself now.

Diadora: Thank you for your concern... Sigurd, I'm fine.

Sigurd: Oh, you know my name? I don't remember introducing myself.

Diadora: I met a lady name Edain earlier today. She told me all about you. You're just how I imagined you to be.

Sigurd: Is that so? What's, uh... your name?

Diadora: Um... I'm... I'm sorry! I should be going now. I'm glad we were able to meet, though. Goodbye!

Sigurd: H-hold on! What's the matter? I just want to talk. Wait!

JNBQDra.png
There she goes...

fdcnFAe.png
Suddenly a man appears.

Sigurd: Ah...that woman who was just here. Do you know who she is?

Man: The silver-haired maiden? That would be Diadora. She lives in the spirit forest just north if here.

Sigurd: Diadora...? Her beauty is almost divine.

Man: Ha ha, so even a man of yor stature can fall readily for a pretty woman. Hmm... perhaps it's love at first sight!

Sigurd: Sir, please. I'm in no mood for jests. There was something about her... I hope I'll meet her again.

Man: Hrm, that may be difficult. The village she comes from doesn't involve itself with the outside world. Furthermore Diadora's been forbidden from courting other people. Can't say exactly why. According to some people from the forest... A great calamity will befall us if she were to fall in love. You're better off forgetting about her.

Sigurd: To deny someone from loving another... no one should be forced to live like that. Not even the gods could be that cruel. Diadora... we must meet again.

Chapater 1-3: The Spirit of the Forest (part 1)

Spoiler

Map story
With Gandolf defeated and Edain safe Sigurd accomplished the goal that led him deep into Verdane.
However, he could not leave while Verdane still harbored violent ambitions.
In the past, the peace between Grandbell and Verdane was forged by King Batou, the current leader of Verdane.
As such, Sigurd sets out to meet him in search for answers.
KTWmB7m.png

Chapater 1-3: The Spirit of the Forest

O9jG5IZ.png
Meanwhile in Castle Verdane...

YQ7AWnn.png
... King Batou with his only left son Jamka

Jamka: Gandolf and Kinbois have failed. The enemy will be striking here now. Sir Sigurd of Grandbell is not a bad person. Please, withdraw the troops!

King Batou: Grandbell was preparing to strike us! That's why I allowed Gandolf's raid. I don't think it would get this out of hand.

Jamka: That information came from the mouth of Sandima. You, Gandolf and Kinbois have trusted him far too much. He has decived all of you!

ZG7GUlb.png
Sandima apparently overheared this little conversation.

Sandima: I believe you, as  a prince of Verdane, have an obligation to lead the army. Your negligence to do so could have grave consequences on the kingdom's future.

Jamka: Sandima! You cur!

King Batou: Jamka, Sandima's right. Go and lead our troops into battle.

Jamka: Father... There's just no convincing you, is there. Fine. I'll do it.

MEmuJKH.png
I promise you'll get your vengeance.

Jamka leaves into battlefield.

King Batou: Sandima, have you been forthright with me all this time? That night we found you outside the castle, you were at death's door... and you warned us about Grandbell.

Manfloy: What's that? Here I thought Verdane would work out somehow... You're just a bunch of savages. I've no longer any use for you. I'll be taking the troops from here on out.

King Batou: What're you doing?

2u9MdJN.png
Batou's final words

WW1KW2H.png
Caught in a deadly trap. Sandima used Jamka's absence to take Batou's life with the hope Jamka never will return.

WdjDRlN.png
A druid teleports in front of Castle Verdane.

Zggk2nR.pnguOzQyVy.png4w1EPh5.png
It's Manfroy!

Sandima: The soldiers shall pose no problem. I will tell them the king has fallen ill.

Manfloy: So be it. How are things otherwise? Is everything going as planned?

Sandima: My humblest apologies. Our invasion of Grandbell has met wiith unexpected difficulties. A nuisance by the name of Sigurd keeps stirring up trouble.

zuy60Tr.png
They're talking about the shaman lady Sigurd had a crush on.

Sandima: Nothing yet.

Manfloy: Curses! Well, the boy... Cigyun's son is in Barhara at the moment. However, without the girl, he's of no use to us.

Sandima: Yes, I remember. By uniting the blood of Cigyun's offspring, the Dark Loputousu shall be revived!

Manfloy: Precisely. If we are to revive the remnants of the Loputo Empire, it is imperative that we awaken the Dark Lord. Finally... after hundreds of years, fighting for survival within the merciless Yied Desert... The rebirth of the empire is soon upon us!

Sandima: I understand. I will see my mission through, even if it takes my last breath!

Manfloy teleports himself away.

Battle preparations
9aacIvg.png
Here's Merlinus.

Map
m5PMNAb.pngwvOPpkE.png?1
e1zqo6C.pngvJMFadW.png?1
JlIx523.png?1q4SWb2U.png?1
This map is the final part of chapter 1 from the original game.
The thickets give you limited movement which will slow down the chapter.
There aren't that many enemies to fight yet. but it will change very soon.

Af4zl7H.png
Brigands became a lot faster compared to the previous chapters.

ivSM1AE.png
Soldiers are rather fast surprisingly.

aak8vI9.pngFIXgmmy.png
Archers still stuck. Even poison bows don't make them much better.

rvRR4nx.png
Three speed - What the hell!?

sdatJfG.png
Introduction of axe cavaliers which also are defined as cavaliers. But you can identify them on their battle sprite.

All axe and bow users have bloodthirst.

Jamka
VOmEYrO.pngheyjcKk.png6szoAip.pngAVD4CuO.pngcv8X3VV.png
Jamka's recruitable with Edain. His stats aside of speed are fine. Killer bows really suck. Idk why their accuracy is so much nerfed. 65 would be ok, but 55 is way too low. He has only the archer class skill bloodthirst.

WvA6rOq.pngEBJdUhZ.pngkfHbNyb.pngQsJEPCs.png0IFUqLH.png
Sandima is a druid, a very powerful magic user. Instead of fenrir he has eclipse. He will do less damage now but it's still nasty enough. He drops a magic ring which gives +3 magic.

Three units can't be brought: Arden, Ayra and Cuan are on the bench.

Turn 1
g3aHqvt.png
In the shop you can buy a thunder tome. Interestingly it's weaker but more accurate than fire (+20%!). Of course I grab one for Azel.

Note: I'll make an overview of all weapons's stats for the next part because there are some interesting differences compared to most regular FE parts.

2gnQ3R2.png
With all the thickets it will be a long way to Castle Verdane.

The tow brigands are weakened.

Turn 2
Azel kills one of them.

SixVIUx.png
I really love bravado!

3n8UP6T.pngvxewQBb.png
Pretty good.

MXCnd6P.png
Dew kills the other brigand.

The enemies aren't too great. Everyone will be fine.

KMjDtuw.png
I believe Finn's first kill.
He'll turn into a problem in this chapter.

Midale takes a bit damage by a mercenary.

TnLPj6r.pngsOvbASB.png
The restore stave is needed now.

Turn 3
KIR1xXR.png
first of many reinforcements

QSnx06P.png
The axe knights are preety bad too.

x3FCLML.pngU9RnKko.png
Honestly he only needs strength to oneshot, so it's absolutely fine.

cj14DMk.png8OGx3b4.png
His defense growth is really good so far (3/4). Some units seem to have weird growths.

B1NvEl4.png
That hurts!

fBLdU5v.png
Killer bows aren't scary at all.

Turn 4
WXXiEdJ.png

• Sigurd kills the axe knight on the top of the image.
  • Azel kills the  weakenaxe knight next to Noish.
  • Finn and Dew kill the mercenary.

h61J0fg.png
Excellent!

QNDXhWW.png
Jamka's attack range. Since Edain can take two hits with her skills and Lex's defense is high enough to take a crit, I don't have to worry about them.

pGiKT9m.png
Edain's circlet makes it possible.

5qaXjzR.pngyfQoloy.png
more poison

Jamka didn't attack.

Turn 5
bSwjy6d.pngC8hpiNn.png
Three more reinforcement waves.

cT6dDFI.pngnJXpgeM.png
First appearance of nomads. They have bloodthirst too.

sqmXuOg.png
Also fighters appear among them.

YpXkWgw.png
Jamka's recruitment

Jamka: Edain?! Is that you?

Edain: I thought you went to talk to your father! Now you're fighting? What is going on?

Jamka: I don't know. Something was odd about him. He refused to listen to me. Sigh... everything's been upside down since Sandima showed up. My father and brothers have done anything he has asked them to.

Edain: So why does that bring you into battle? Please Jamka, don't do this! Let's return to Verdane with the king once more. We're stopping this war! Sir Sigurd did not come here to invade your country! He was merely fighting to rescue me. Please, Jamka, listen to reason!

Jamka: ... Alright. Let's give it one more try. I'm exposing that traitor once and for all. One condition, though. No one lays a finger on my father.

Edain: I'll see to it no one does. Thank you, Jamka. You really are a good person.

Jamka: Edain...

TyDpdhJ.png
He itnroduces himself with a crit.

5mqFMey.png
Killed the archer with Thief knive. Obtained antitoxin.

3vyR39b.png
Midale would oneshot with the steel bow - WOW!

On 2017-04-11 at 10:54 AM, Alisa Reinford said:

Oh... I hope I'll do the LP well to your satisfaction.

Of course you may add me in your hack thread.

It's right that I forgot to show the fighter class. Also didn't separate these classes in chapter 1-1 either (only showed fighters); will show present both classes in chapter 2 at the latest if I won't forget it again.

I'm not sure if this hack has updated patches, but I'm playing the first released version. So Idk if there any changed happened after that.
If I should complain about sth. which has been fixed later on like missing battle animation for Arden and Ethlin, then poke me, and I'll fix it in my commentary.

Also I only played the first three maps of this hack about one year ago so my memories are really wonky. All the chapters past 1-2 will be blind for me.

There haven't been any recent updates yet (sadly), I'm working on getting most of the bugs fixed in one final update before starting new content. Missing animations are going to be a recurring theme since I wanted to get something playable out first, haha! It'll be interesting to see what you think of certain chapters too.

Some Chapter 1-1 addendum:

• You can actually recruit Ayra during the map. If you seize the fort that Shanan is in with Sigurd, he'll be able to recruit Ayra. That's why there's a group of enemies near it.
  • One of the houses actually explains (really badly) that nearly all Verdane units have the Bloodthirst skill. The exceptions are certain bosses and bandits.
  • There's not enough space in the r-button area to explain how Astra works, so here's the details: You get extra attacks based on the attack speed difference; you get the normal double bonus at 4 AS, and then every extra 2 AS gives an extra attack. This caps out at 4 bonus attacks (5 total) at 10 AS difference.
  • Cuan will be getting a bonus to fix his low Con and speed. I think this was pointed out in MageKnight404's LP originally. Whoops!
  • The Lady sword should also be effective against Pirates (and of course Warriors and Berserkers.)
  • Alec's magic stat will be relevant in future releases (hopefully)!!!
  • Forests only give +20 avoid (no defense bonuses compared to the original.) They're good for evade-focused units like Ayra.

Chapter 1-2 addendum:

• Stairs cost 3 movement for mounted units to slow them down in indoor maps, and in fact most tiles have been upgraded to slow mounted units by 3 movement (forests and pillars.)
  • Poison has several changes from the normal game. The most important one is that you can't die from poison damage (the unit will just sit around with 1 HP instead). Of course, that kind of change makes players less likely to cure the poison so poison also deals more damage as well as giving a global -3 stat penalty. I think it currently lasts 5 turns like normal poison.
  • The inability to steal gold with a full inventory is indeed annoying, so it'll hopefully be fixed in the bugfix patch when I also allow thieves to steal with a full inventory.

Chapter 1-3 addendum:

• Just ignore the Merlinus behind the curtain.
  • You haven't show off the new shop feature?!
  • Bandits have been changed to be nearly as fast as myrmidons. (Slightly lower base speed, but roughly the same growths) Of course, unlike myrmidons they have trouble hitting things...
  • Archers are indeed bad if you don't let them activate Bloodthirst, but if they do they'll be troublesome... This chapter is basically a test to manage Bloodthirst activations, I guess!
  • Mercenaries are still in a weird place statwise, they're supposed to be fighters that trade strength for speed, but it's not working out yet...
  • Weapons have generally lower hit rates because I increased the amount of hit/avoid you get from stats. For reference, Skill now gives 5 hit per point. Avoid is a bit weirder to calculate, it's 5*min(Speed,Luck) + 2*max(Speed,Luck). Basically the worst stat between Speed and Luck gives 5 avoid per point and the best stat gives 2 avoid per point.
  • Jamka is supposed to have a second skill, but I haven't coded it in yet so I removed it for the public release....
  • I can't wait to see how Finn becomes a problem, haha!
  • I think you're just getting strange luck with growths, Azel is supposed to have bad defense.
  • Jamka's AI is set so he won't attack Edain even if she's in range, so she can easily recruit him.

Speaking of growths, I don't think it was explicitly mentioned,but the stat screen shows a character's (non-HP) growths by colouring their text.  The breakpoints are Dark Grey (<21%), Grey (<36%), White (<51%) and Glowing Green (+51%). If you want the exact growths, let me know and I'll post them for the characters that have shown up so far.

EDIT: I actually went back and looked at my level up code and apparently I changed it so the game will re-roll a level up if the first attempt was below average. That means all those bad level ups are worse than normal because there was a secret, second level-up that was worse, haha! Definitely some interesting growth luck going on...

Edited by SquareRootOfPi

Chapater 1-3: The Spirit of the Forest (part 2)

Spoiler

Turn 6
dAwoNut.png
First reinforcements wave reached me. My goal is take out as many as possible to have preparation time for the other waves.

hqMiAJX.png

• Noish onerounds the axe cavalier and gets an excellent level.
  • Midale kills the weaken nomad.
  • Sigurd onerounds the fighter.

=> The archer is the only remaining enemy.

tCPICnU.pngn1QY1W0.pngi8EAUbt.png
Second group - It becomes slow but steady critical.

Ue7hV3w.png
Third group from the west reached me too already - bad level.

Turn 7
tLSP8Ti.pngtlH1ZKG.pngXMfn69z.png
More reinforcements  and one of them is prepromoted. And the third group already reached me. I have a problem now!

ImWrbI4.pngHrXV2uh.png
I do the easier side first.

rfRC0xH.pngws0B3jE.png
SjtjO9Y.pngTB1yU22.png
Jamka activates bloodthirst and deals 14 damage to the axe cavalier (hits 1/2) so that he has 8 HP left. Dew finishes him off.
At least three enemies less.

ZB3FmNN.png
This area is cleared.

QA8DNRB.png
Finn has to be resuced because...

1. he has weapon disadvantage.
  2. the enemies can activate bloodthist against him.
  3. he gets doubled. I underrated his con and forgot to give him an iron lance. It was a bad idea to bring him to this chapter because the majority of the enemies wields axes. Arden with his unaffected movement would be so good here.

Lex and Dew will tank the enemies. Lex's defense and Dew's evasion should be good enough to survive them.Note: The warrior can actually oneshot Dew with bloodthirst.

uCiXMnh.pngsde4TC2.png
Lex takes some damage and Dew luckily dodges the warrior.

Turn 8
eg4Pwa5.pngdtpXp3q.png
The biggest threat is gone. Ethlin gets an useful level.

• Midale and Fin kill one of the brigands.
  • Lex oneshots the archer.
  • Jamka oneshots the other brigand with a crit.
  • Dew finishes off the weaken fighter with the thief knive and obtains a steel axe.
    => The axe cavalier and nomad are still alive.

Jamka dodges the axe cavalier...
hXQFbLb.png
... and Edain actually gets doubled. I didn't pay attention to that.

HFyhmOa.pngb0d7mwK.png
Sandima's first strike misses.

Turn 9
9FRH6e8.png
HOLY CRAP - A mass spawning of magic users.

And more is going to happen...
RQVKOIi.png
Diadora suddenly appears. Unlike in the original she recruits herself.

Sigurd: Diadora, is that you!? Ah, this must be the Spirit Forest. I'm so happy to see you! I thought we'd never meet again.

Diadora: Sigurd, listen to me. There's a dark priest, Sandima, enroached at Verdane castle. His black magic is deadly, so don't even think of approaching him... Please!

Sigurd: Is that so? I'll handle the rest by myself. I can't put out the others in danger.

Diadora: ... If that's your decision, then I'm going with you.

Sigurd: What!?

Diadora: I have my village's sacred stuff with me. It can silence mages like Sandima and block his magic.

Sigurd: Wow, it sounds like you could take him on yourself! But why are you helping me?

Diadora: I tried to forget you, Sigurd. But I just can't. Oh... I don't know what to do.

uVWHGPh.pngdGZMgyG.png4EmreqV.png7jVEkuI.png3Gx3T4r.pngd4BxcBm.png
Diadora is a shaman. Shamans can't only use dark but also light magic. She has no skills.
Silence staves have the exact range as in FE7 and 8 and aren't limited to 10 range. How do they work? Honestly I have no clue. She has 100 hit on Sandima but he restores himself automatcially in the next enemy phase so silence has absolute no purpose here.

Enemies
fkwMrn7.pngxCXEkN8.png
The mages have fire and wind tomes.
Order in term of might, weight and accuracy from highest to lowest: Fire > Thunder > Wind

PMkKAL1.png1ihxWj9.png
These shamans are very powerful. They can 2RKO most of my units.

The axe knight and nomad are taken out so only the mages are left.
LHTvVjd.pngsEOGM5T.pngHNrp43B.pngFcQdC5W.png
Not many stats here.

6Rtwej6.png
I let the mages come to me.
Note: The shamans next to Sandima are stationary.

Sandima hits Ethin twice.

Turn 11
UdY6nYr.png

Turn 12
Ebn0GMV.png
What's with that village? I don't know! A few units entered this place but none of them could neither visit it nor trigger a secret event.

ZW4n2Ke.pngZbbODZY.png
Midale kills the weaken mage. Diadora blocks all the mages on this spot.

Sandima hits Ethlin again.
J2kLmm5.pngSJgJHF7.pngeZo9wRf.png
The RNG is kind to me especially in Jamka's case.

nbXqXQB.png
Midale oneshots a mage and gets a depressing level up.

• Sigurd kills the weaken wind mage.
  • Diadora kills the weaken shaman.
  • Ethlin and Dew kill a shaman
    => Only the three stationary shamans and Sandima are left. Hopefully that was it with reinforcements.

E2V9ET3.png
final eclipse

Turn 13
GmoaJtF.png
The way is free now...

NG0ztWT.png0x19ARC.pngfzi5i1u.png
... so time to overrun the shamans.

l6xF6C5.png
quite decent

Turn 14
Dp1Ovfk.png
Lex deals 20 damage thanks to Bravado.

k8juULd.pngJ5VesTC.pngtTx8A5G.png
Want to show the special conversations.

wJAEUB3.pngaIuwKDG.pngfLq2bWG.pngDf6Vtd7.pngN0QywNU.pngLHj5fAh.png
Jamka takes Midale's iron bow and gets his revenge and a good level up.

qOJQ41f.png
final level up

Time to seize!

KA-BOOM reports Sigurd that King Batou is found heavily wounded inside Verdane Castle. Sigurd and Jamka enter.

qav5g5H.pngLIVkMdl.png
Jamka realizes the tragic scales.

King Batou: Jamka... I'm glad you're safe. I hope you can forgive me for my foolishness... cough...

Sigurd: King Batou, I'm Sigurd of Grandbell. I'm sorry to bother you with questions while you're in such a critical condition, but I need to know why Verdane went to war.

King Batou: No Sigurd... cough... the fault is mine. I must apologize for the troubles my actions have put you through. The truth is, I was misled by a traveller named Sandima. He... urgh... he convinced me that Grandbell was secretly plotting to invade Verdane. I ordered my sons to prepare the army, but Gandolf and Kinbois were overeager... Sandima... he was the man... leading the battle, Sigurd.

Jamka: You should get some rest now, father.

King Batou: Sadly, Jamka, I fear my time in this world is nearing its end. before I leave... Sigurd, I need to tell about Sandima. After I was attacked, Sandima spoke with a mysterious person about their plans. Unfortunately, I cannot remember all the details. But one thing is burned in my mind. They are followers of the dark lord Loptos. The war they tried to incite must have been part of a greater plan... Stay cautious, sir  Sigurd. I'm ashamed so much Verdanian blood was spilled.

VCVmKP5.png
The end of Batou

1K83nfZ.png
Questions over question

Sigurd and Jamka leave the castle.

Sigurd: Jamka, I must give you many thanks for your help in this battle. It must have been painful to turn your bow against your fellow countrymen.

Jamka: No, it's you who deserves the thanks. If you hadn't stopped my father before he could gather the troops, the war with Crossbell would have cost many more lives. Now that his over, Sigurd, I need to ask you a favour.

Sigurd: What is it?

Jamka: Allow me to accompany you and your men. If what my father said is true, then you'll encounter the people that were behind Verdane's madness. I want to be there when that happens. Both to avenge my family and to prevent further bloodshed.

Sigurd: I don't think anyone in my army will mind, but you're the only living member of the royal family now. Shouldn't you stay behind and take care of Verdane?

Jamka: Before Sandima came, my father had capable advisors. They were exiled from the court for arguing with Sandima... but now that he's taken care of, they can return. I'll have to apologize profusely for my father's actions, but I know they'll come back. They have Verdane's best interests at heart.

Sigurd: That's good to hear. In that case, it would be my pleasure to have you with us, Jamka.

Bonus event
A8mrWKv.png
Lex has to wait on this spot to trigger a special event.

cMiV5k8.png2RXccVi.pngKW0cQ2w.png
While Lex is looking for his lost axe suddenly a beautiful lady with Anna stance appears.

???: Was the axe you dropped this golden exa? Or perhaps this silver one?

9ZYTS5I.png3vx3bEK.png
Lex is talking to himself and doesn't pay attention to the woman.

???: You are very honest! As a reward for you honesty, I present you with this golden axe. Farewell, Lex...

Lex: Aha! There you are. Sorry about that, m'lady. What were you sayi...? Huh. Where'd that fancy axe come from?

BFBZV3u.pngGtQmbFo.png
Instead of a brave axe he gets a golden axe. Looking at its stats it doesn't look like great at first sight, but it's a good weapon as I will show you in the next chapter.

On 18.4.2017 at 2:44 AM, SquareRootOfPi said:

There haven't been any recent updates yet (sadly), I'm working on getting most of the bugs fixed in one final update before starting new content. Missing animations are going to be a recurring theme since I wanted to get something playable out first, haha! It'll be interesting to see what you think of certain chapters too.

Some Chapter 1-1 addendum:

• You can actually recruit Ayra during the map. If you seize the fort that Shanan is in with Sigurd, he'll be able to recruit Ayra. That's why there's a group of enemies near it.
    That's a good idea since it's kinda hard to keep her alive. Your tanky units must be deequipped because it takes more than two turns to seize after she had started to move. Or you really have use one unit who drags her out and make a cat & mouse game with her for some turns while all the others go for the other enemies.
  • One of the houses actually explains (really badly) that nearly all Verdane units have the Bloodthirst skill. The exceptions are certain bosses and bandits.
    Sorry, I never really paid attention to the houses. Will visit them from now on.
  • There's not enough space in the r-button area to explain how Astra works, so here's the details: You get extra attacks based on the attack speed difference; you get the normal double bonus at 4 AS, and then every extra 2 AS gives an extra attack. This caps out at 4 bonus attacks (5 total) at 10 AS difference.
    Alright!
  • Forests only give +20 avoid (no defense bonuses compared to the original.) They're good for evade-focused units like Ayra.
    Forests gave defense boost in FE4? I thought they give +20% evasion as they do in this patch.

Chapter 1-2 addendum:

• Stairs cost 3 movement for mounted units to slow them down in indoor maps, and in fact most tiles have been upgraded to slow mounted units by 3 movement (forests and pillars.)
    I like it. It's a fairer deal than FE5's forced dismount and having reduced stats.
  • Poison has several changes from the normal game. The most important one is that you can't die from poison damage (the unit will just sit around with 1 HP instead). Of course, that kind of change makes players less likely to cure the poison so poison also deals more damage as well as giving a global -3 stat penalty. I think it currently lasts 5 turns like normal poison.
    Oh, good to know. Honestly Idr exactly how long poison lasted in 1-2.
  • The inability to steal gold with a full inventory is indeed annoying, so it'll hopefully be fixed in the bugfix patch when I also allow thieves to steal with a full inventory.
    Wouldn't it be possible to make gold immaterial so it would be stealable all the time?

Chapter 1-3 addendum:

• You haven't show off the new shop feature?!
    Oh... damn... I think I haven't even discovered it yet. :/
  • Weapons have generally lower hit rates because I increased the amount of hit/avoid you get from stats. For reference, Skill now gives 5 hit per point. Avoid is a bit weirder to calculate, it's 5*min(Speed,Luck) + 2*max(Speed,Luck). Basically the worst stat between Speed and Luck gives 5 avoid per point and the best stat gives 2 avoid per point.
    Ok, that makes sense. I was already wondering about the high hitrates even with weapons with poor accuracy. Other question: How does the weapon triangle work exactly? Is it +5 / 0 / -5?
  • I can't wait to see how Finn becomes a problem, haha!
    Honestly I made him turn into a problem for not giving him the apporopirate equipment in this chapter.

Speaking of growths, I don't think it was explicitly mentioned,but the stat screen shows a character's (non-HP) growths by colouring their text.  The breakpoints are Dark Grey (<21%), Grey (<36%), White (<51%) and Glowing Green (+51%). If you want the exact growths, let me know and I'll post them for the characters that have shown up so far.

Oh, I totally forgot to show the different colours of the unit's stats.  I assumed that they stand for their growthrates (green: high; grey: low)

Edit: Since I'm playing this hack blind from now on I prefer not to get spoiled by the growthrates.
However you can add the in a spoiler tag as information for the other viewers of course. Otherwise I'll do if after I have finished it.

Edited by Alisa Reinford

Alright, I'll withhold the growths for now. If you need any specific information about the ROM let me know and I'll scrounge it up.

To answer your questions:

• When I meant forests don't have defense boosts, I was comparing them to the original GBA stats. I don't remember what their FE4 stats were.
  • I can make gold stealable with a full inventory, but it also lets other items be stealable and the game doesn't actually steal items properly if you have a full inventory so I'd need to do a bit more work to fix that. I could theoretically make a second steal command but I want to let players steal with a full inventory anyway.
  • The shop's new features will be obvious if you go shopping so you'll find out eventually! I should put a village in 1-3 explaining it, though.
  • the WTA bonuses/penalties are +/-2 damage and +/-15 hit rates.

And comments on the latest update:

• You actually can silence Sandima! I haven't done a full change on how staves work, but for this release the Silence staff is guaranteed to hit Sandima and the throne won't cure him. I actually forgot about this in 0.1.0 and had too quickly update it, so now you can land statuses on throne bosses, heh heh heh...
  • Actually, none of the villages in this particular chapter work. There's a conversation in the original game that explains Diadora's history and it's really, really, REALLY long. I was planning on cutting it up and putting it in several villages but haven't had time yet.
  • I really like the Golden Axe conversation, it's still funny to me.

Looking forward to Agustria! It has a lot of my personal favorite chapters gameplay-wise, so I hope you'll enjoy them too!

Edited by SquareRootOfPi

^ Sorry for my laziness lately but an other game distracted me a bit.
I'm going it to finish it this weekend, and then I will continue updating next week.
Have completed the upcoming two chapters already.

I'll reply your comment when I have done my next update.

However I have one major question for now:

Spoiler

Isn't permadeath a thing?
Noish died in the chapter against Macbeth, but was available in the battle preparations menu in the chapter after that.

Take as much time as you need, I'm pretty busy myself so a slower update schedule works well for me. To answer your question:

Spoiler

It's a feature similar to Shadow Dragon's extra units. For most units, if they die, they get replaced by a generic who has lower growths (and in the future, no skills.) In-game they are *supposed* to be different units, but I haven't prepared any graphics for that yet, which is why Noish is still Noish. In the hypothetical completed version Noish would just be a generic with no skills.

Edited by SquareRootOfPi