The ROLLING REQUEST THREAD(Currently doing: A Hiatus)

TheMoniker

What hack/s would you like me to play soon?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the choices:

• Decay of the Fangs(mediocre)
    • League of ASDF(pretty good)
    • Yuri's Sidestory(okay I guess)
    • Shattered Realms(good)
    • Exalted Legacy(no idea)
    • Shatterlight(excellent)

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Clara seems very bad at revolution. Just picking some mercenaries and asking them for the job is the best way to get caught. And in fact, the Inquisition arrives.

*Looks at Miguel*

HE-LLO THERE IRISH YOGI RECOLOR!

It actually looks pretty good, for a splice. Wait until you see his in-battle palette...

I would like you to play FELover3's curse of the emblem. If you ask me why, ragefest reminded me and I haven't seen it (and I'm too lazy to play it for myself.

If you're talking about the V.001 version Markyjoe played as a "don't submit crap" parable, then I had actually planned to play it as an awesome april fool's joke 1 month ago exactly, but when I got the .ips patch, I tried three different patching programs and it REFUSED to give me anything other than a white screen. If you're just talking about normal curse of the emblem, then I don't think any of the download links around work anymore so you'd have to PM me the patch.

Showing today, starring Moniker...

Tacthack: Episode 7: Chapter 5: Surprise Houses

ghXEk9L.png

Mageservant starts off by playing to her strengths!

0qVb4Ms.png

Yes, horservant! YES! DO IT!

DZTPWyD.png

The enemies immediately around us are gone. We're going to take the town in an ever-expanding outwards circle...

MZ27jCq.pngDpeXFIN.png

Enemy chatter!

9fit2Vx.png

Foreigner? You mean the lady who comes from "the land of people with non-generic faces"?

NgCZLXx.pngrZTBN6W.png

She's... straight and to the point?

vEUnEG2.png

What? She enunciated them perfectly, from what I can tell! YOU must be the foreigner here!

8HTjUbE.pngL6Quhl1.png

For being a foreigner, she seems to know lots of big words, she just hasn't mastered sentence structure. But, if she wants an out, I can give her one! Or, more specifically, captainservant can do it by way of DELEGATION!

BtabHX9.pngtZiklyr.png

Looks like the rigorous aerobics I make my units do while I watch is finally paying off!

QMqEVHk.png0jrzZPA.png

Bowservant hits the enemy EXTRA HARD and decides to do it even better next time! Fine with me!

fuoaLIT.png

Armorservant's defense isn't even that high, these myrms are just bad.

znB28ih.png

No axeservant! Why do you ALWAYS do this?

HMJo59R.png

Okay, we've killed a lot of people, but we're experiencing some blockage on this side...

e2M3nnP.pngMqUpgJ1.png

I've been assisting with the downwards movement, and doing THE BEST job of it.

zkTVSnY.png

WAIT WAIT NO, that's idleservant! CAPTAINSERVANT! GET BACK!

Xgb3ZPK.png

NOOOO! DEFEATED BY YOUR OWN COMPETENCE!

This is ALL YOUR FAULT, captainservant.

ALL. YOUR. FAULT.

And not mine.

Not even a little.

SkktJFL.png

[Nino...? Whatever.

REWIND TIME POWERS!]

NX1wdcL.png

Hey captainservant, you should stay back. Armorservant can handle this.

U7VTF4c.png

TACTICS SUCCEEDS AGAIN!

TCkjPwK.png

Keep it up, mageservant! You're almost as good as me!

sniY0nw.png

And better than horseservant...

pbKq08i.png

And WAY better than armorservant! She did leave idleservant alive, though...

eVc74aq.png

Oh wow, we're already almost done! Everywhere except for that last bottom part is clear!

L0moGRl.png

And the situation is about to get even worse for our enemies...

TLcsrJx.pngVcBx5tm.png

Slow down a little!

Chiara: Give a name!

Algimas: Uhh, I’m… Algimas. Do you understand me?

Chiara: …Algimas? Knights of Wodran? …. The leader?

No, he's the captain, I'm SUPREME captain...

Algimas: …. Yes?

1Fl9igW.pngq7SJel4.png

9Pwbpq2.png

Our bench just got a little warmer, captainservant.

qdGeptF.png

Now, for your first and only task...

g4CuKGn.pngSnYQwAH.pngTtbQPvv.png

Oh, sweet, a hand axe!

6CiwNqZ.png

Idleservant? Why are you looking so gray? Is there something wrong with the house? Maybe I should check one out...

BwzoptH.png

vZt9dRH.png

IT WAS A DRUG DEN

I'M ADDICTED TO LCD NOW

TYgX6Hw.png

Quick horservant, get more! I MUST FEED MY ADDICTION!

gctYXoL.png

Yes... YES!

Tw40iTU.png

Money! TO BUY MORE of... the stuff!

MOVB3Tu.png

Keep scouting, lanceservant!

oWxL9ZS.png

I've had so much, I'm seeing ladies!

Wait... that was the last house...

There's no more...

NOOOOOOO! Now I have to through... withdrawal symptoms...

OthadQD.png

No magic! That had better be a leftover hallucination, healservant!

[but seriously, what's with those houses. Whatever, I'll drop the subject.]

WJcZzcx.png

I guess the boss doesn't move. Which is good, because you could probably 3-turn this chapter if he did.

PZhz19M.png

Bring in our ARMOR BUSTER!

B5OrIIo.png

You're getting buffer every day, bowservant, but... could you try to get some other stats too?

l5Q3NVb.pngTX0pyBV.png

[This is the point where I officially switched over to the PROPERLY updated patch. As you can see, these ladies have had their portraits changed, and I think they're MUCH better now. Well, Aceline is, at least.]

InGdUwm.png

Perfect, captainservant! Honestly, as long as you have the three main stats, the others don't really matter as much.

YunAvl7.pngWvjDcjl.png

You can emulate my amazingness if you want, lanceservant. In fact, I won't mind at all if you do.

EBP9euy.pngbXLy5ku.png

Oh look. One enemy left.

SHTUap5.png

If we get that other troubadour before your magic improves(if it ever does), you're getting thrown away, healservant.

nnIR3hu.pngjDdf50G.png

IP5OUrJ.png

I don't think I will, actually.

CrmSzbI.pngJsQyJPh.png

You didn't even land a blow on me. You never deserved to be commander of this force.

JxtQygj.png

I, on the other hand, VERY MUCH deserve my position!

[Conclusion coming soon...]

The CHAPTER 5 CONCLUSION!

xofE8d7.png

There wasn't anyone left. That counts, right?

Algimas: And with that, our Lady Clara should be impressed.

1cPvfdV.pnghm8BAiZ.png

What? Come on, don't be so demanding!

r3ib7hO.png

Algimas: Didn’t realize it was you.

Clara: Pay it no mind, there is no time for rest. You and your men have opened the curtain on the revolution. Though it was slightly earlier than anticipated…

ykzOccK.png

Lady, listen. This isn't our fault. It's the enemies fault for attacking. It's your fault for publicly hiring us. We're the only ones NOT at fault.

ESvva1I.png

Clara: For us, the opening act will be the most important.

0374k2o.png

...under the command...

*glares menacingly*

We'd better be payed well for this.

Clara: Forgive me as your men must all be wary from the fight, but we are to march immediately. Best of luck.

W-what? We JUST finished fighting! Everyone is COVERED IN BLOOD! You do NOT just... NOT let soldiers REST! No!

gLgkJxr.pngojuQuhg.png

Yeah captainservant, I'm not sure I like our employers either.

UVuwQvI.png

But they won't be happy about it. I'll be charging extra gold for this!

Algimas: Thanks.

3OVd3v5.png

[WHY am I always screenshotting blink sprites!?]

inPtQuB.pngyzC1AXW.png

Algimas: Yeah, a letter to home.

Moniker: Oh, no offense,

JYsSCmO.png

Literacy is a very rare skill in modern times, I didn't know you had it.

hNNLFvm.pngSTRJMbK.pngGmjfweI.png

Yeah, he is technically a knight. Thanks, new guy.

Algimas: … all right, done. You can leave now, Coster.

EQH2mSR.png

Yeah?

572TccR.pngCUbHufA.png

Oh. OH.

YES.

YEEEESSSSSSS.

You'll go far, Coster. I'll decide your official title later.

h3Qe9KI.png

Algimas: Just recalling everything that has happened recently. Perhaps news of me becoming a knight will get my little brother doing something.

Moniker: You have a brother?

Algimas: Yeah, he’s the best damn armorsmith I’ve ever seen, but he lacks ambition. He’d be fine if all he had was an anvil and forge. Enough of that though, what’s the plan?

No, let's discuss your brother more! What's his name? I have to know, because you almost definitely will might just encounter him on this mad road of battle!

Wf8d1Gr.png

More than aid. We'll be doing pretty much all the work.

Moniker: We will be a part of the vanguard.

Algimas: Right, tell the men to get some rest. I want us to be the first to storm their stronghold.

Moniker: …Yes, Captain.

VwBhIXy.pngT2RZF4c.png

Ah, okay? Just so long as your combat performance is good...

gvay2cu.pngByRA7Mp.png

NO! I take it back! I'M NOT ALLOWED TO GET ATTACHED TO MY SERVANTS!

Algimas: Ha! You don’t mince words. Get some sleep Moniker, tomorrow is going to be a big day.

Fine, FINE! Forget you ever heard anything!

NWpBirX.png

[NEXT TIME: Lots of things that aren't speeches.]

Y'know the thing where the guy threw the lance that looked bigger than it should have been? It was simply probably I might be wrong-ish the wrong spell animation assigned to the class. Ranged axe, lance, and boy animations, not so for swords since they're never thrown, look like one animation, but are actually two. Same principle as spells, though the animation isn't directly attached to the weapon, like spells.

Edited by Forceman

did, did one of them just pop their death flag?

also for the houses, I think he just put in a filler TEX1 0x8?? to make sure they work and function before actually assigning them their own text untill he got to it.

Y'know the thing where the guy threw the lance that looked bigger than it should have been? It was simply probably I might be wrong-ish the wrong spell animation assigned to the class. Ranged axe, lance, and boy animations, not so for swords since they're never thrown, look like one animation, but are actually two. Same principle as spells, though the animation isn't directly attached to the weapon, like spells.

Yeah, this isn't the first hack I've seen with that problem.

did, did one of them just pop their death flag?

also for the houses, I think he just put in a filler TEX1 0x8?? to make sure they work and function before actually assigning them their own text untill he got to it.

Seems kind of odd, since there's a lot of other houses that work perfectly fine in the upcoming chapters. Also, random death flags are probably the reason the survival rating is so low, but it'd take more than one to get it to 2 stars... Kind of makes me wonder if some of the enemies had player character slots or something else silly for whatever reason.

The CHAPTER 6 PRELUDE!

98eI5aT.png

vJJjghR.png

J: My journal for today shall be shorter than usual. We set out early this morning to capture the former capital city of Toulon. Last night sleep evaded me, as the nature of our situation began to truly sink in. This is a revolution, a raging fire of conflicting ideals with no peaceful end, and the Captain is pushing us headfirst into this fire. The drums signaling our advance have begun to beat. I truly hope that all turns out well…

Uh huh. Our leader doesn't seem particularly intelligent or competent, but luckily, I am.

o79cBiS.pngJnBbEFY.png

Actually, there doesn't seem to be any more around!

cWCfEsj.png

Algimas: Knights, we’re breaking through!

nXuH00J.png

Looking around at the map, it seems there are... lots of cliffs...

AOZLZQH.pngsB3OV2p.png

Moniker: Splitting up might be dangerous though, so stay in groups!

[Guess who won't take his own advice?]

[END DIALOGUE]

KG72gxV.png

All right, time to prepare! This is going to be the most intense battle yet!

AhNZnZ8.png

Good, we can take everyone we need!

Tc4nqj9.png

Where is that other servant guy? He promised us an item wagon!

JQjQY0V.png

...sigh...

vmARDBN.png

Here's the formation! I kind of wish we were spread out a bit more, and maybe a bit closer to the actual enemies...

[This deployment reminds me too much of Corrupt Theocracy. The deployment spots should try to emulate the main game and be spread out everywhere instead of putting your units in this giant block of purple.]

djPIfLX.png

YES!

MC36XFs.png

You'd better BET I will!

t5p7zwp.png?1yxoWQVi.png?1dtYesqn.png?1

06GmFff.png?1xaFujnt.pngI0lizLx.png

mNn19hg.png?128lqG21.pngxNtzKDj.png

[Maybe it's not absolute perfection, but this map was by far the hardest to crop yet. Hope you all like it!]

So MANY cliffs and plains! The lack of color hurts my eyes! This area should have more lakes...

Anyways, as you can clearly see, this map is MASSIVE, and there are MANY branching paths. The design of the map and enemies is going to encourage me to send off units in groups of 1-2 to pick off stragglers, and then probably punish me for doing so... Let's hope I can resist them! Of course, if we just march straight to the castle, it actually won't take that long, but we NEED to stop at the armory/vendor, as well as picking up the stuff from the villages... hmm...

VGtYa12.png

[but seriously, this map is MASSIVE. And no, no friendlies are coming to help us.]

374igzX.pngkr2nryA.png

Our new friend's official title is itemservant, and he will be providing a VERY useful service for us, assuming we can keep him out of enemy attacks. Even so, this guy is pretty fast for a merchant, and even in his most basic form should be capable of some dodging.

sEmR0HY.pngbdAm9wT.png

The enemies around are all relatively tough, but we're strong enough at this point that we can take them. Not to mention, they're all relatively spread out because of how huge this map is.

KrrvsCv.png

Some of them have hilariously unfitting weaponry, like this. Good luck doubling me with that blade, myrm!

ERHXzJQ.pngS39fVVH.pngOCRweh2.png

What is this guy doing on the battlefield...? HEY! IT'S NOT SAFE! GET INSIDE THAT HOUSE!

pouVM6H.pngXdVcb1x.pngDGzMkNG.png

Today we are fighting our very first PROMOTED ENEMY! Now, he might seem tough, and that's because he IS tough! VERY tough. It'll take a powerful magician *cough-cough* me *cough-cough* to beat him.

gaogKRH.png

There aren't actually that many enemies around, despite the look of the map. Of course, there's plenty of room for reinforcements...

[NEXT TIME: March to Victory]

Tacthack: Episode 8: Chapter 6: Part 1: So Much Grass

7rI6QyN.png

We start off by just inching forward. Well, not inching, but there weren't any enemies around to kill...

[i think right after this there was some event where the boss got alerted by a soldier of our presence, and he was like "NO, GO BEAT THEM UP AND LIGHT SIGNALS AND STUFF". I lost the screenshots, though.]

QF3ktua.png

Looks like the civilian took my advice and went into the house...

nzGUtjO.png

...only to come out as a soldier!?

J2WcINa.pngbtUddjW.png

That aside, axeservant once again fails miserably in comparison to my other units.

pYrc5Al.png

It appears it's because he sacrificed every single other stat for strength.

azra1xi.png

I wanted to give the kill to someone else, but I guess bowservant REALLY wanted it!

3YayBdJ.png

Great, mageservant!

1az6v6r.pngcZhcz5j.png

Annnnd we already outnumber the enemy, even if we haven't exactly controlled the map yet.

g2hceW8.png

Wingservant is headed for the shops, and horseservant is headed to pick off that fighter. Surely, this couldn't possibly go wrong!

GbkBlnB.png

How dare they try to touch me! I won't let them!

CtumjhW.png

Ugh... I was distracted, I swear! And it's not like this is a TERRIBLE level...

Tr02ymE.pngyCoU4nI.pnggmjCxKs.png

Oh, of course. Three wyverns, all in positions that are pretty much impossible to reach, who are going to fly all over the map and make tactics hard!

sdGnQbE.png

Hey... is that a tree? My magic can destroy trees...

Btrx2wI.png

Okay axeservant, some of my faith in your dodging abilities has been restored.

L0lkxNu.png

I'm not worried how horseservant will fare against these wyverns DRAKES, since they use axes. I'm more worried about wingservant, since he isn't actually that tanky...

ZxW5XuB.png

Maybe the village can help!

pyf2Ids.pngeNtZJAA.pnglydQ3wO.png

That's a very nice reward, but not immediately helpful to my situation!

9AL0XB8.png

Oh, we can actually attack it!

I1nePqk.png

Stay back, I will investigate this!

NZzmF1F.png

What? But... but I thought for sure I had purchased the tree-destruction-certified magic! Dangit!

rHLFlvA.png

I wouldn't be assured of your position on the team, healservant. Not even a little.

6iZRuwv.pngP87qLTq.png

You can be way more assured, captainservant... but that DOESN'T MEAN THIS IS ACCEPTABLE!

Oi7Vtac.png

Oh, of course. I was WONDERING what was gonna happen with that ballista...

7HiD8iv.png9mtvh6Y.png

Luckily, we still have that red gem I nabbed earlier, which lets me purchase some of this stuff, but I don't have much money left for the vendor!

ze0UheH.png

Okay, time to launch our attack on this final area!

BHgw7px.png

I hate it when they go on the forts, because I can't reach them when they do that!

HPBlAcM.png

Ow ow OW! Why is my drake WORSE than the enemy drake?!

9T70UlY.png

This is going to be annoying, isn't it? Especially since we can't reach that ballista without wingservant...

7SV1uSN.png

My units actually did quite well on dodging this battle. I'll be expecting an even better performance next time.

pjZKf90.png

I, of course, am headed to do the arduous task of resting in this village and carrying whatever they have to give me.

mUG3v5k.png

Oh crap, he's gonna die soon! Well, it's a good thing he has-

4M6CdgC.png

-no... vulneraries...

Okay, this is a problem, but I can solve it! With BRILLIANT TACTICS!

xU1syDc.png

RUN LIKE HECK WINGSERVANT

WqLpfQ7.png

Mageservant pretty much one-rounds everyone. It's actually quite nice.

ju9h0oP.png

Okay, looks like we're almost-

zWFj7wN.pngKDe7qWO.png

MORE drakes. Naturally. This isn't looking good for wingservant, horseservant doesn't have a vulnerary to trade with him for!

lTHnR9g.png

What will be in here? THE NEXT TIER OF DARK TOME?

cEHgEvc.pngS7uJDfb.pngtac2mII.pngRhLm6T8.png

That is actually helpful, but not quite what I was hoping for... ah well, I'll take it!

FrxjY5S.png

Okay, let's see just what the deal is with this house!

UEQkPgr.png

Well okay then.

y6le51k.pngwcxeWyN.png

Lady: The revolution? So the rumors were true then… I’m not sure about this whole thing. Though, Cortez does seem to let zentirim so what they want.

Care to repeat yourself? That wasn't very clear...

7nqPc7O.png3idA1Ua.png

Ah! NO! MY TACTICS FAILED! PEOPLE WILL LOOK DOWN ON ME! FOREVER!

[i really need to plan my stuff better.

REWIND! TIME! POWERS!]

o1fXtsR.png

You'd best fly this way, wingservant, so you don't get attacked by 2 enemies at once.

rr2FP50.png

Dangit horseservant! What's the POINT of gaining all that speed if you do THIS with it?

VirhLf4.png

As I said axeservant, I'd really appreciate it if you worked on some things that weren't strength.

kZXWZ2H.png

And now bowservant is surrounded by drakes, with few people to help him. Just great. I shouldn't have split everyone up!

jG2cudF.png

Horseservant, I see variations of this level way too many times out of you. Get some strength, please.

s8enTPk.png

Things aren't looking good for wingservant!

rUd3wdm.pngE1dLnqq.png

He can't escape the range of the enemy drake!

kqUJWuX.png

I move him back as far as I can, and defend him as best I can, but even with my glorious help he might not make it!

MtGDdkt.png

And then BOTH drakes just fly to some random place and ignore us entirely? They've been kind of doing that the whole chapter, but... what?

Whatever, he'll get to healservant next turn!

8p4j1eQ.pngkgLFxxC.png

Other lady: to the north. I suppose this just made it easier to receive envoys from Zentirim.

But WHAT'S THE SECRET OTHER REASON?

3grXjhz.png

Great, armorservant got DOUBLED. Not good! Though, it's more due to her pathetic CON than low speed...

eyk4GSB.png

My tactics have saved yet another unit from the brink of death!

FeqKtzl.png

Though, mageservant seems to want to save herself. She's been dodging a lot this chapter!

[NEXT TIME: Me trying to hit the STUPID $###@ HALBERDIER BOSS]

The portrait fits how you're writing your character really well. It has that pompous, self-important look to it.

Also I like how Boleslav is so close to Bow slave :P

Half of your army seems really full of pseudo-competent beggars, XD

To be honest, there is a bit of split between the "competent cool people who are rarely in significant danger" and the "people who are somewhat useful but generally need to be babied". It's not THAT glaring, though.

Tacthack: Episode 8: Chapter 6: Part 2: Halberdier Boss Guy

ajsQvVR.png

[Was gonna show this last update but forgot…]

Mageservant gets a meh gain for once, which I am totally angry about and not pleased with because it prevents her from surpassing my strength. I'll let it slide this once, though.

pXKTk9i.pngno1dwpW.png

700 years? That's a lot longer than most of the kingdoms in my tactician history course lasted...

VWqFaae.png61OhptV.png

Their decline must already be starting. Which is kind of bad, since we're technically fighting for them.

YZUdpfm.png

Eat short bow, fool!

iHsJotq.png

I'll take the defense, but don't forget that strength, bowservant!

gSkMZpJ.pngdtXF4gu.png

DIE WYVERNS! I am NOT suffering another critical injury!

CMaH9JM.png

All right, looks like-

Yi4RqnJ.pngxlHCLsR.png

ALL THE FORTS AH

zYjU4Gd.png

Wait a minute... this cavalier...

Kkn6FLr.pnglMSRcu8.png

IS ACTUALLY A NOMAD THAT USES SWORD

sPBywlg.png

IT'S AN ABOMINATION! DESTROY IT!

[i have no idea what's up with that.]

P0yijOk.png

Great. We didn't kill them all. I guess this will have to be enough.

hP8pklz.pngutWqCqG.png

As usual, my perfect formations prevail!

ry3THaV.png

Sven takes an arrow to the face...

jtenhhc.png

But gets his revenge!

4j0RNh1.png

Armorservant, WHY do you make it so difficult for me to train you?

EyY94gk.png

Healservant, your speed has become simply ludicrous, but if you don't get magic, I really will drop you when the next healer comes along.

vu80SYQ.png

I guess axeservant got better at handling these guys at some point!

tLPo9Hq.png

I don't think she killed another knight... what kind of armor piece did she take this time?

flcLyf3.png8Dylykv.png

I never got a chance to do this earlier. I kind of resent the lack of tier-2 items, but oh well, we'll get them eventually.

I pick up a heal and fire, but we have so little cash I wasn't able to buy myself a flux! Dangit...

SG5785S.png

Tactics!

ciACGr6.png

Okay, all that's left is the boss, for REAL this time! But I mean, surely he can't be that bad?

aYoYJjn.png8R9hlf2.pngG7mnnkL.png

We have a problem.

FP5PwXn.pngf3bbY8u.png

Looks like its up to me and mageservant!

2ooC6PV.pngsare8Ci.png

I kind of wish I would have some less generic conversations with the bosses.

FCr12vd.pngHDEmzYS.png

I steal his soul, and add it to my collection! It appears they have diminishing returns...

9d26xzQ.png

Wait... why is the tip of his spear glimmer-

SyBEWOX.png

AAGGGHHHH WHYWHYWHYWHY

g72yzIi.png

I'M BLEEDING, I WAS DISTRACTED

txsUzJH.png

MORE WYVERNS

orDhrz9.png

Oh thank goodness, healservant was actually around this time.

OfiX5bb.png

Now, while I hate to admit failure... this guy's pretty good at dodging.

eqtrrDJ.png

Mageservant, you have more accurate tomes! You aren't better than me!

FuYicow.pnggnKnSrx.png

See, look! He reduced you to 1 HP!

cHAbLoN.png

...I have to find some way to off this lady before she beats me...

D8Lzwkw.png

I just want to see if the soldier CAN beat his promoted brother!

9NKRetG.png

Nope. Oh well, I didn't expect it to work anyway.

gn6If5y.png

Okay armorservant, I'm giving you another shot at being the hero!

7PYiarE.png

Which you ONCE AGAIN refused to take!

Udv05SN.png

What? No!

aUqlxWA.png

SERVANT! WHY ARE YOU ALL FAILING!

BP5MSMC.png

Well, it's official. Everyone who could have attacked him has done so. Except...

2n33Kcp.png

I gave you ALL every opportunity, but NO, you had to make me finish again.

zWSWYmg.png

Haven't you heard? We're apparently Ostreich now.

zVNIo2i.png

I MUST improve myself more! To stay ahead of that mage...

IuNBjdr.png

Now, this is great, but the real question is, can I use it?

[Most of our units aren't even level 10 yet! This feels like WAY too early to be given promotion items!]

lcSLHMO.png

Healservant. Get magic. Or get gone. Those are the terms!

Mr5c3Dh.pngqGu0ZN7.png

Horseservant does an excellent job of helping wrap up the drakes!

l4PxH7d.png4QWjkQi.png

And wingservant gets some revenge and stats!

JIu1Cxl.png

Horseservant, can you please get some strength soon? You're dealing 5 damage to wyverns with a steel sword, and your criticals are going to run out eventually.

XCNhjlo.png

And we WIN!

[NEXT TIME: The actual speech in the chapter title!]

EDIT: So, it's been winning in the poll for a long time now, and since we're starting to approach the conclusion of this LP, Different Dimensions Ostian Princess will be the next game the thread focuses on! Also, since we're running short on poll options, I added a few more of my own, so feel free to re-cast your votes for the options you want! Note that I have no idea what to expect from most of them, so the LPs could quite possibly end in disaster!

Edited by TheMoniker

Ooh, banned ragefest hacks!

Also, if you want to beat that dumb mage, seal yourself.

If you're talking about that upcoming sage boss, I don't need no seal to beat him!

The CHAPTER 6 CONCLUSION!

5VpDLEL.png

Because we killed everyone! We EARNED this castle!

lpUK7Vv.png7slCTv7.png

For someone with as much tactical experience as me... well, let's just say I've faced much worse.

[*cough* Corruption of Roy *cough* FE7 Chaos Mode *cough* Various others *cough*]

Moniker: Something like this is nothing put against my father’s strategies.

Which were souped up with some of my own planning. I'm obviously not going to give ALL the credit to people who aren't me.

Ernst: Well if they work that well why think up any new ones. Still, we might have gotten here too fast…

5phuvE4.png

???

OgNUNnI.png

Yep, there's a reason I'm the leader!

Algimas: Who’re you?

NkKLn96.png

HMMM, I WONDER IF HE'S UNDER-EXAGGERATING

wC9NOcK.pngvIuQWEg.png

You know this guy, Captainservant? Care to tell me about him?

Magnus: Hmph, I’ve never really liked that nickname.

Algimas: Well I’ll be damned! I never thought I’d get the chance to fight with the Red Wind mercenaries.

Ernst: Your fame’s spread even to Wodran.

Magnus: That far, eh? Well I don’t like to brag, but we have been doing well for ourselves.

YY0DfhM.pngx3aaoiJ.png

You too, I suppose. I mean, it's good to see that we aren't the only competent mercenary company in existence. Tell me, is the rebellion also using you as a crutch who does all the work?

flxazuq.pngh1e0WYN.png

I found him out drinking, and had to drag him back here so he could personally apologize.

ldp0f8i.png

Oh, and that too.

Coster: General Valborge requests us to observe.

Algimas: Eh? Do we have to?

wmMYr7P.png

Yeah, it might contain valuable insight as to whether or not our employer is secretly evil.

Hold on, I'm gonna quiet down and let her talk for a few moments:

zvtlkdQ.pngKHsOSje.png

Clara: On these steps I, Clara, daughter of our late king Tercio, stand here not as a commoner but as your rightful ruler. I have seen what the king, my Uncle Cortez, has ruined with his power, allowing Zentirim to defile our land and its culture. Its Inquisition roams our lands, burning our homes and destroying our families, all in pursuit of a defunct foe. I stand here, at the very foundation of your country, to ask for your help. For the good of our land, I must ask you to risk your lives for a purpose, to be as my sword and my shield as I lay my soul before the spear. You will be the heroes that will liberate our land. You will be the ones that stand before Cortez in arms. My people, I ask you from the bottom of my heart, save this great land we call home!

dh2Nsao.pngwzvsc8d.png

Yeah, that was a bit long-winded, but she got cheers nonetheless!

[No really, there cheer sound played.]

Moniker: This will serve us well.

L7iZGgH.png

Itemservant, why don't you tell us why YOU care so much?

Algimas: Uh… I guess?

PMwWy2z.png

Ernst: Algimas keeps up with politics only if it earns him coin.

rSJpblF.pngrZdAffb.pngDu1lmYs.png

A minor slip of enunciation, let me repeat that: I don't care as long as it gets us closer to winning and getting money.

Coster: …

Itemservant, you may need to be questioned a bit later...

[Going to OOC text here for a bit, you'll see why:]

hxX2QAx.pngKv3eR3M.png

[it's time for the VILLAIN CHECKUP AND CHARACTERIZATION!]

F07a7hQ.png

The Uncle: Does she look to throw the kingdom into chaos.

Vz0Yqg3.png

[Oh, who is this guy? His portrait looks nice, but I can't tell if he's evil or good... Also, I just noticed out villain has purple mustache hair...]

Cortez: …General Jormund. I trust your review of the realm went well…

Jormund: I shall be returning to Zentirim with my report.

Cortez: And with that a request for aid against the rebels from Emperor Talbot?

pJKBWs6.pngzIaW7V5.png

[What!?]

9JFhy3O.png

[Yeah. he has every right to be shocked! Not only is he being super rude to his king, as in, evil-medieval-king-will-behead-you rude, it's just a silly thing to say! Where's the LINE for "solving your own problems"? Is he supposed to grab a sword and go kill every rebel soldier?]

WnjCikY.pnggo34EX6.png

[Throughout the LP, I've been CONSTANTLY capturing everyone's blink sprites! It's entirely unintentional and super weird!]

Cortez: General Jormund of Zentirim. His origins are a mystery, but ever since he appeared two years ago his name has resounded through the empire.

[Oh, you're still going to keep him as general after that. Okay. This guy's pretty stupid, shouldn't be too hard to beat.]

RZj6MCH.pngCK1oixa.png

[i'm guessing that Zentirim is gonna start attacking us the instant it's forced to stop controlling Ostreich as a vassal kingdom or whatever. If the next story arc is anything else I would actually be surprised.]

Reddier: Sir!

nystYuJ.png

[Next time: PRISON BREAK!]

Healservant has almost twice as much speed as magic.

Horseservant is still lacking in strength.

Beatrice's level up was almost as sexy as her portrait.

The bossfight showed it once more: Magic is still the most accurate weapon against bosses on a throne

Prison break sounds fun!

No, I was talking about Beatrice.

Oh, oops. Great, now I've given out spoilers... ah well, I would seal myself, but, you'll see why not in the update.

The CHAPTER 7 PRELUDE!

BX9C3pz.png

GYxMs7k.png

J: I find myself surprised. After Lady Clara’s speech 7 days ago Lord upon lord has come and pledged their loyalty to the revolution and her Highness. With such numbers, I find the hopeless situation I believe to have existed fading away. Nevertheless, we have a long road ahead of us. A force that was mean to rendezvous with the rebels was assaulted by loyalist forces and imprisoned. General Valborge and his forces have been sent to break them free. This of course includes us…

But, does it include JUST us?

sPLQPFu.pngWM52aFa.png

Yup, looks like its just us again.

Algimas: Yes Sir!
ZROanRJ.png
And then we leave, and nothing happens for a minute. The general must be getting old.
[The game hung for a few moments for some reason.]
133NaW0.pngLH13z3U.png
I hate choosing the rear guard. Can't we just take everyone?
[END DIALOGUE]
sPJCj8K.png
All right, here we are! Time to break our friends out of this prison!
[Which coincidentally, is surprisingly well coordinated with the Dream of Five LP going on...]
Jv29Qsh.png
Great, we can take everyone we need!
cfoGntj.png1rsIdv3.pngrH4wqHJ.pngM1f7Spe.png
Oh, excellent! Looks like the rebellion people saw fit to include some free stuff with the weapon! I just wish they'd added a few tomes...
Th97G7W.png
*sigh*... my hopes for awesomeness are dashed... for now.
[i am genuinely sad about this.]
mqCLq9h.png
Here's the formation. We are once again just a giant block of purple uniform.
fyaOQBF.png
[WRONG TEXT OH NO]
Hpnp7hI.png?1UJwHKQS.png?1
RWHDLte.png?1cXPjCRy.pngNN7mK8y.png?1
DXrJqOB.png?1EzdtZrJ.png
[i tried something new today. Can you notice it? Should I keep doing it?]
So, this is a fairly big prison, and its guard looks imposing, but ultimately, they probably just won't be that hard to force into submission. We just keep moving forward, and murdering people, and we shouldn't encounter any particularly big or dangerous groups.
[Note the presence of a THIRD "suspiciously locked door which may or may not conceal some massive secret". Except, we might get the tools to actually open it this time...]
itatNri.pngWetCX9E.pngM4kwJdS.png
NMSyKDq.png
I have compared her to our current soldier lanceservant, and decided that her name will be lazeservant. While she might look to be better than lanceservant in several areas, I've already invested a lot in lanceservant, and I'm not backing out now! Hopefully, he probes himself worth the decision...
mf8NXJH.pngB5J7ZWG.pngM0hJ0hh.png
The other one in the cell (dubbed stealservant), however, shall be much more useful. We NEED a thief, and this one seems to be competent, and not particularly fragile or weak, which is always nice. However, he seems to lack a lockpick, and the item he has to replace it doesn't exactly make up for it!
VRTMXf3.png68HaNNu.png
There are other rebels around, of varying competence and uninteresting weaponry. I'll be leaving them locked up, as while I would like their help, by the time we get the keys to their doors there simply won't be any enemies left.
HmGJx2i.pngfFDqsdU.pngNccW6UA.pngW9h5weo.pngqIpL04E.png
The enemies actually HAVE droppables for once, even if its almost entirely keys, which we will be gladly taking out of their hands.
[NEXT TIME: The guards must be lame]

All right, here we are! Time to break our friends out of this prison!
[Which coincidentally, is surprisingly well coordinated with the Dream of Five LP going on...]

As I'm reading this, I'm on the prison break level of The Last Promise.

The polls being all glitchy, particularly with that reckoning option. I could fix it, but that would wipe all the votes that are already there... should I do it?

Ah, story promotion? That sucks. Then again, Moniker is so AWESOME that he needs a story promotion to prevent him from going wild!

So true.

Use the femkninght!, come on. She's quite handsome and I guess has a nice booty we need gender equality.

You can't even see her lower half what's wrong with you

As I'm reading this, I'm on the prison break level of The Last Promise.

And simultaneously, in the biggest coincidence ever, thousands of prisoners are breaking out of prisons all around the real world...

Tacthack: Episode 9: Chapter 7: Are we the ones trapped with them, or are they trapped with us?

yPgqhSK.png

You know, I say axeservant has just strength, but his speed/defense/HP aren't that bad... of course, skill is really his main flaw.

9H78fcT.png

Oh, they're talking!

WG8DPZt.pngB0UauNq.png

Robert: I beg to differ. I was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Nilda: Stealing supplies from our camp. You’re a thief, can’t you whisk yourself out of here?

First off, you've probably had a very awkward time in that cell. Why would they put a male and a female together, anyway? Second off, you'd think a competent thief would be able to make a one-use pick out of straw or something...

Robert: If my lockpicks were still in my possession, I would have.

fnruknn.png

My MAGIC MIND POWERS tells me that he DOES have lockpicks, we just have to fetch them for him first!

OPSOFaU.png

Robert: a key to the chest containing them, it doesn’t do me any good if I don’t have one for the door..

Nilda: *text skip* sitting in here until something happens, then.

Robert: I suppose so.

CZdLKnL.png

So, the last turn was spent mostly just moving forward...

56tpBpz.png

And this turn was ALSO spent moving forward!

Aw5DpJu.png

Oh, the knight moves? I guess it is a narrow corridor, and still obstructed...

rnzdcaz.png

Captainservant, I know the stuff you're throwing is bigger than you, but you should try to aim better anyways!

gv4uvwn.png

THOUGH DARES TO STAND AGAINST ME?

(Things don't work out for the archer)

pW3o2OG.png

If lanceservant isn't fighting someone tanky, he can do one-rounding, which I'm very grateful for.

gNlEMOu.png

Sir, your steel sword license is revoked.

NsMrSl1.png

I'm afraid I'm going to have to "confiscate" this.

n7Bi0YW.png

Lanceservant is honestly a really good soldier, if we compare him to the enemy soldiers.

5zEpWRj.png

He seems to be highly focused on three specific stats, and they're the BEST stats!

Z8IhoRM.png

Ud5ikiZ.png

What's that? They're healers and pose literally no threat? DON'T CARE. KILL THEM ANYWAY.

7QEuAna.png

Wingservant, this is fine, but you need speed eventually!

QhofUQW.png

Here's how things are looking. The prison is about half-conquered, though there a lot of enemies left.

9UE3wt4.png

MORE HEALER KILLING! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAaaaaaa....

05BHCS7.png

Armorservant has trouble killing things, because she's not that powerful and can't double, and is only moderately more tanky than anyone else. She really needs to improve.

TeMo67j.png

See wingservant? Even bowservant has more speed than you now!

fQXanYm.png

Yes, shove that lance in there!

...Oh, uh, I was talking about mageservant, with lance being a metaphor for fire since fire is the lance of the magic triangle... yeah... uh...

BvVAunW.png

YES! A NOT THAT GREAT LEVEL!

...I mean, DO BETTER OR ELSE!

99DCWU0.png

SO MANY CAVALIERS

gkCMlHf.png

TOO MANY, THE WHOLE PRISON IS FLOODED

8c27tph.pngWk04QqR.png

Captainservant gets skills and the key! He'll have the thief and other person on our side in no time!

JvbJ61D.png

I can't help but feel it's a waste, even though this is what the heavy spear is specifically supposed to do...

XPnU1lD.png

I like how you're working on your skill, since it's the main thing lazeservant has on you! I think that, what with how much more beefy you are, you're definitely worth keeping, lanceservant.

uVGMp77.png

Oh, and I guess we have this too.

ljPAti3.png

They have second-tier tomes! Why can't I have second-tier tomes! I could use them better!

AsGS4BO.png

See? I DESERVE a second-tier tome! I've been using these Flux-es the whole hack, and I guess they're pretty cool, but I'd like a Luna, or better yet, a Nosferatu of infinite tankiness!

zeY0jLq.png

I need to be grabbed for... tactics. I think I'll let armorservant do it. Because... she's the right lady for the job, yeah.

agz0kKA.png

Goodbye, cavalier!

kkgVJBm.png

*cavaliers

kTlfpAK.png

**cavaliers and knights

W4O3QHN.png

***cavaliers, knights, and whatever's behind door 3

geJ54RH.png

I still find the comparison of my generics to enemy generics interesting. This comparison tells me that horseservant NEEDS. STRENGTH.

TEVgsbN.png

Wingservant! You got speed! Thank you!

5WyPp0v.png

Hey no! I know you have weapons, but you'll die horribly without my tactics!

4bpcFSj.png

Get on the team!

aS4JWmM.png

Nilda: Are you with the revolution?

Algimas: Isn’t that obvious? Again can you fight?

Nilda: Yes. I am Nilda, and I’ll lend you my spear.

And she'll be more than willing to stay with the "unit" once the battle is done. Really, a lot of characters feel like they may have reasons to leave the party...

XwmZ1rY.png0bJEUiR.png

Robert: Oh? Had a change of heart? Worried about lil’ol me?

Nilda: Hardly. Your skills might be useful to the revolution, however.

Robert: Perhaps, but I’m not fond of the idea. Too much of a hassle.

Nilda: Think of the glory! Or,or… the money!

Juchkdd.pngo8BhWXH.png

Really? I thought for sure he'd take more convincing, or an up-front payment which would be bad since we're broke (why haven't we been payed yet?).

hpzWauH.png

Armorservant? ...Are you mad about something?

7rSUKVT.png

You guys probably think you're all safe, holed up behind this one door...

yAiEok3.png

But YOU WERE WRONG!

rb1sXKg.png

How could I ever have thought to sacrifice this sort of tanky stoicness for a lady?

Vi8D2td.png

Lanceservant, you started out as one of the "people who are sort of useful but need to be babied". Now you're a "very competent unit who is rarely in real danger". Really, I'd even go as far as to classify you as my best physical attacker, better than captainservant even!

bIJiQx1.png

You can have the privilege of opening the chest and giving whatever's inside to me!

aw15diC.png

Well, the prison's pretty much clear. As I said, I've left the allies in their cells because getting the thief takes so long that releasing them would be pointless.

1uYGI6L.png

That is it, that is it, that is IT, THAT! IS! IT! Healservant, you are hereby charged with "failure to gain magic", and shall be discharged from the party the INSTANT I have someone capable of replacing you!

If you had gotten good magic, you could have gone on to become the first recipient of an earth seal... but no, you chose to stay humble. And humility doesn't really work in war.

Qdd1t9H.png3u4BKBU.png

The epic story of the random enemy mage who unfortunately lost against mageservant.

Mageservant has grown too powerful...

gPlyYA1.png

TOO POWERFUL OH MY GOSH

X6iwdUs.png

Well, at least we're not broke anymore!

But... I was really hoping for the next dark tome...

r504htU.png

Well, looks like we're leaving this specific cleric alive. Not of my own free will, of course...

hAb7tZP.png45AEdcE.png

You! Mysterious locked door! You MUST contain the boss, who is our ultimate objective! And yet... there's only one enemy left on the field, and that's the cleric we've accounted for! WHAT is behind this door?

For the first time, we ACTUALLY HAVE A WAY TO OPEN IT!

s7nbS3h.png

Let's get this first...

rRjcVjg.png

Okay! COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR! ...Not that it matters, we'd just kill you anyway.

E5jaHGZ.png

And then more enemies appear out of nothing as if by magic! Well, we'd best get to beating them!

XLEG0ss.pnguC5DQ16.png

Pfffft. NOTHING against me.

[...Higher defense than resistance?]

C3MGv3u.png

Excellent...

KuLeSTW.png

EXCELLENT! Today has been a day of surprisingly good levels, for almost everyone!

MewhCWN.png

DIE!

Actually no, not yet, I need to make sure I can get that chest.

E1o16OJ.png4BxvXol.png

Is this prison built on a mountain? I should be giving this boast! I don't want to be judged based on my homeland or Valborge or whatever you're talking about!

hQnihJv.png

This... is good? Not quite what I was hoping for, though...

[This is WAY too early to be dumping promotion items on us!]

yC0GvVj.png86kY7Fe.png

Eventually, things are left perfectly clear for armorservant to finish! Can she get ANOTHER great level?

Ce1LGJO.png

NOPE.

Well, I guess this is okay for a knight, but not as good as the last one!

[NEXT TIME: The conclusion and lead-in for the next chapter!]

The CHAPTER 7 CONCLUSION!

eRZoPHz.png

This is a great way to end a battle. Now, please pay us soon.

7l1bHbO.png

No, seriously, you say this, but we've gone three battles without any money from you.

Algimas: Thank you, general. We’re just doing the best we can.

Valborge: Indeed, and you have quite the potential…However you must improve upon your current selves.

mSsWttj.png

What do you mean, IMPROVE? I am PERFECT!

Valborge: *text skip* charisma. You care for your men and they care for you. *text skip* This will eventually get your men into risk beyond your abilities.

QFYWPQU.png

Yeah, care to repeat that?

jqqQQE0.png9rVzmRj.png
NO, I REFUSE TO ACCEPT CRITICISM
S7pOG8a.png0pgsfnS.pngnDaiYP5.png0nEtO58.png
Oh, so all you have to tell me is "get better"? I'd be worried about meeting someone who is "worth his salt", if it wasn't for the fact that I seem to be the only pseudo-competent tactician in the world.
Except for maybe my father. My memories of him are hazy...

Moniker: …hm…

jlWU3ie.pngTY0VQD2.png

Oh great! NOW what?

88inlsf.pngZY4bYby.png

I think I know what we'll be doing next...

Valborge: Hm?!

Greendier: Baron Salamanca is holding them at bay. but we are not sure how much longer he can last.

suRRTFI.png

Yeah, and since we're part of his men...

ibS4ce8.pngKcUWhL6.pngFnKgFW0.png

Oh, I guess the fact that we were part if your force is just going to be ignored. But whatever. A bit more murder can't hurt.

Moniker: Which is why we are the best choice. Our force is small enough to move quickly but should be sufficient to provide aid.

Valborge: Such a task would be your lives’ gamble.

EbdjY9x.png

HAH! HAH! HAH!

...Yes.

Algimas: To be fair, general, my company has always gone agianst the odds.

Valborge: Then tarry no longer. the baron’s forces are vital to our survival. I wish you luck.

pdPVFZ8.png

[NEXT TIME: Remember how I said it went to Chapter 9? I was wrong. The final level is coming up.]