The ROLLING REQUEST THREAD(Currently doing: A Hiatus)

TheMoniker

What hack/s would you like me to play soon?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the choices:

• Decay of the Fangs(mediocre)
    • League of ASDF(pretty good)
    • Yuri's Sidestory(okay I guess)
    • Shattered Realms(good)
    • Exalted Legacy(no idea)
    • Shatterlight(excellent)

Hello everyone! I'm sure you have all been VERY MUCH looking forward to this, or looking forward to it NOT AT ALL, but either way, it's time to begin!

1-6FkhHem.png

DIFFERENT DIMENSIONS OSTIAN PRINCESS!

This hack (along with the subsequent flash game) was created by Mig64, and can be found here.

Now, it probably would have been best to simply allow this hack to languish in its own obscurity, but then Endorph decided to introduce it to the world with a not-at-all awful something awful LP, which can be found here. Now, in order to adequately get introduced to this hack, all you need to do is read the author's own introduction:

"Ok, guys. This is my first Fire Emblem Hack, and it tells a story similar to Lyn’s. It features the daughter of Lilina(from Fire Emblem VI), Lilian. A young girl who looks a lot like her mother when she was young, like Lyn, she was born on the Lorca tribe but her father was not Hassar(of course!XD), Lilian’s father was Monke, a former member of the Djute clan(who also appears as a boss in Fire Emblem VI). Monke joined the Lorca because that was the most peaceful tribe to live happily with his wife and daughter. There, he became the Lorca tribe’s chief. The rest of the story you will find out."

So, if you thought something along the lines of "that makes no sense", you'd be absolutely right! The most I can gather from it is that there's a bastard child of Lilina from FE6 who is I guess going on an adventure or something.

BUT! Enough of me trying to actually make sense of this(hah! What was I THINKING?)! I'm sure you all know what the deal is here, and I'm not going to pretend like you don't: This hack is TERRIBLE. Absolutely TERRIBLE. The dialogue makes no sense(I'll be showing pictures of it anyway), and the gameplay makes no sense(I'll be showing pictures of it anyway). Most of the bugs don't even make no sense(I'll be showing pictures anyway)!

So, I guess there isn't much more to say. Let's get started!

Different Dimensions Ostian Princess: Episode 1: Part 1: Prologue: If Corrupt Theocracy jumped a shark

5wnMRjh.png

First of the changes, we have a new title and the "New Game" was changed to "-----" for whatever reason. Nothing looks bad yet...

HFtRR9a.png

As you can see, Mig64 decided that the tactician needed to be a self-insert.

KTBldmJ.png

I say no, it's gonna be MY self-insert! And yep, ALL the yes/no prompts were changed to this.

(if you're wondering, my birthday is May 10)

Vvi2IpU.png

Zs3OaSk.pngH8wVI6V.png

So, we have a start VERY SIMILAR to normal FE7. But surely-

8Sxq1h0.pngPOVuQD0.png

Welp.

So, Mig64 decided that obviously, the best way to make a hack would be to make all his dialogue just one giant find-replace, with normal FE7 text as the base. Obviously SOME stuff is changed, the names are all different and a few other things, but the fact that the author's own story and the normal FE7 story were pretty much put in a blender and made a smoothie SHOWS. We will ALL be made to drink that smoothie!

UmkOLCF.png

OH NO, BANDIT ATTACK, WHO COULD HAVE EXPECTED THIS

6lknKhX.png

At the very least, Mr. Mig never tried to go for superintense difficulty. Instead, the opposite is true, this hack is easier than normal FE7!

xziNiwy.png

History repeats itself!

xvGNYgB.pngM1DCpiN.png

So, all the tutorial text is still in...

ZHMvept.png

But the game doesn't force us to actually do the tutorials, which is kinda nice.

v1zY3sP.png

Now, let's look at "Lyn"...

rkUgsjn.pngGvjXFnV.pngS2zTlLS.png

Remember how I said mage Lyn in super hard lyn mode gave me DDOP flashbacks? Yeah...

So, she has terrible stats(but it doesn't matter, because you don't need good stats when you're hitting a bandit's RES), a guiding ring(and here I though Tacthack was bad!), and a mysterious new tome...

(Also, note the clipping portrait. Sir 64 really showed his dedication to quality there.)

zHeCzH3.png

So, this tome looks ordinary, but it has two things special about it:

1: It's a 10-use brave tome(don't expect it to last long!)

2: It has a +7 HP buff for some reason. Lilian has 19 HP at base.

pVfUKnU.pngo7bairx.png

At the start of the game, Bolt wrecks everyone, while Fire just doesn't. I think maybe I'll conserve those 10 uses.

vvbl3DL.pngPp824FD.png

It is at first a tense battle, that Lilian honestly should not have been able to win, but she finds it in herself to double the bandit somehow. Even though she should not be able to do that. I guess not ALL the tutorials were removed!

6KF90gM.pngxmfkdk5.png

And now, time to fight BATTA'S REINCARNATION! He still sucks, with 0 in most of his stats, and NEGATIVE speed! And I guess a 2-range weapon, which is surprisingly foresightful of the M.

JDO7bRm.png

Let's kill it WITH FIRE!

lN3DlMJ.pngsDpbrMi.png

As you can see, this new Batta is completely different from the old one, with much more meaningful and insightful dialogue.

H0t9pbB.pngiSL68QI.png

I was either lucky or the tutorial events continued to assist me, because Lilian won easily.

AiG87WM.png

Instead of seizing, we conquer. As I said, a lot of the changes in this hack are really just pointless.

Bznd09X.png

I NEED someone to congratulate me after that mess! Of course, we're not done yet...

HnoBcdD.png

NO.

Q1ttb4F.png

This is so horrible, the IMPLICATIONS!

YHeswf2.png1cAG72M.png

I know children are innocent, but...

(Then again, I am just sort of sitting idly by while a ten-year-old roasts people alive with magic)

zH9l9f5.png

Yeah, yeah, yeah game! I get it!

XcO31t6.png

NEXT TIME: She's the princess of Ostia I guess, but... her own troops are trying to kill her!

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end, the final fight beetwen the master tactician and Beatrice there has no been, but horservant is confirmed for Meg tier.

Okay, let's continue dealing with...

Different Dimensions Ostian Princess: Episode 1: Part 2: Chapter 1: More bad implications, and FE7 characters ressurected!

RPHXNFf.png

We're just going to jump straight into this.

01QctZS.png

Is this changed?

Il7zr8w.png

Uh...

XETMuvb.png

So... this guy is hitting on a ten-year-old... but he's pretty much the same age... whatever, I still don't like it.

7mMM1C9.png

In my experience, 10-year-olds don't have QUITE that much of a sex drive...

uyzt1I7.png

Not to mention, they shouldn't be throwing out these SICK BURNS.

rAGMKB8.png

*Me, playing this hack*

Nr2fhOM.png

Nope. Not gonna happen.

MOlstBI.png

Oh good, his daddy's arrived.

Jfhszyj.png

Is this guy the Marquess of Thria, or was the 10-year-old swearing?

v4zL2i3.pngATXYCdr.png

"YOU RUINED MY CHANCE WITH THE 10-YEAR-OLD"

N0LdPBu.png

Oh no! WHO COULD IT BE?

eWxB9YF.png

Oh, it's Oswin! Is he here to help us?

RPfdkRf.png

Oh. Oh. ...Oh.

Yup. Oswin is now a generic bandit boss. Even though he died a long time ago.

wS7mt7B.png3ds9Uat.png

Gee, just in time...

Anyways, Oswin goes around yelling "FOR OSTIA" in a way that gives no explanation...

4OAapLg.png

Problem?

8bKryZC.png

*twitch*

Whatever, let's look at our new characters.

7TSqNZ6.pngGkcoTdK.pngEcrMG3D.png

First off, we have Zack. He has impossibly lopsided stats, a HUGE inventory, and... that's pretty much it. I guess he's sort of a crutch character, since he can one-shot pretty much everyone here, but that speed goes down to nothing everytime he uses a sword due to his negative CON. Much as I'd like to reset and fix it, I don't want to accidentally buff enemies(who also have negative stats) in the process.

Also, NOT ONLY is this guy apparently ACTUALLY the Marquess of Thria, he commands an army and serves a nation that ISN'T HIS OWN. What? That's like... that's like Obama commanding the British Navy!

But, making sense was never this hack's specialty.

pDP3V13.png1rRt6U3.pngnmqFeyQ.png

We also have ANOTHER magic user, AXEL! He's pretty much a bard who can also cast light spells. Other than that, his stats kind of suck, so he'll be allowed to help in the beginning but made to stop helping later.

J29LAhM.png

Also, WE'RE FIGHTING OSTIAN TROOPS. That's right, not only is Ostia trying to kill their own princess(and possibly their commander as well), they're sending random bandits to do it!

There is an explanation for this, but it makes EVEN LESS SENSE.

1T1do4D.png

Shamans are renamed to dark clerics. Nobody knows why.

BK945Hn.pngANOuFhG.png

Oswin has a killer lance(every single unit we have has a two-range option) and negative speed. Defense doesn't matter when you have weaknesses like that, buddy!

BmJiGho.png

Zack gets us started. These enemies don't have a chance.

CtMRh2G.png

Axel is pretty much just a mage who casts Light magic. But what does he look like when he bards?

DGu3097.png

Come ON, Lilian!

nkOy0DR.png

Oh, Axel just casts a restore spell, I guess.

This makes me wonder: What would happen if you gave a physical unit the bard thing? Would he hit the enemy with a restoration sword/axe/lance?

3GKPQng.png

First level! Speed and defense are acceptable!

fTzG897.png

Hey, bards are supposed to get more speed than this!

T091fOX.png

Bolt is... effective against armors?

OUPZMOR.png

WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL YOUR OWN PRINCESS

*one death later*

jZMeXKc.pngEBU3dNa.png

You have to be joking. They're both dead! Surely, not even the 64 could make such a mistake?

UnTW09X.png

Gee, this would be great, if we were getting a lance user anytime within the next chapter or three.

aScG0En.png

I don't know why, but this doesn't fill me with happiness.

pZ78VyV.png

Yeah, maybe they have an explanation for this really weird plot?

iK8KIlp.png

Eloped?

zWm3H0C.png

You can tell where text was inserted by the breakdown of grammar, spelling, and any semblance of style..

vh1NKYu.png

So... now he's trying to kill her? Your daughter abandons you... and you kill her. You don't think you might be proving her right to do that?

KtxawRy.png9I5oagJ.png

Zack switches from describing who he's looking for to "I KNEW IT WAS YOU ALL ALONG". Why?

th9z49q.png

VERY GOOD QUESTION, LILIAN. Let's see how they respond...

rKdjxRV.png

...No, there's still hope. He could be Uther II or something. That might maybe make some weird sort of sense out of all this.

amrPMPO.png

NEXT TIME: Don't get your hopes up!

Something about Sain Axel's eyes are freaking me out... Great LPs though, keep it up :D

The yellow tinge... IT'S UNNATURAL!

why are negative stats a fuckin thing?

Bad design?

Okay, let's continue dealing with...

Different Dimensions Ostian Princess: Episode 2: Chapter 2: Virus Attack!

veyFau7.png

The Mani Katti is a sword... our main character is a mage...

HMMMMMM...

dkxtf7B.png

Everything seems normal...

7eI0idf.png

Remember, Lyn never planned to take the sword, so the dialogue is totally unchanged.

hsPVs3c.pngeu7iGS0.png

Suddenly, GLASS SHOWS UP! Except... it's not Glass! At all!

aKTgxuJ.png

Look at the different portrait!

FnCAWJw.pngDcBMZGO.png

...Oh, right, the text is different too!

y1Af84y.png

Wait, what?

0hDkaVA.png

If only REAL spyware programs were this obvious.

B2DDOkZ.pngO68x2kz.png

To be honest, I'd be freaked out too in the priest's situation.

Lw5nV7Y.png

DUDES EVERYWHERE

jpGrKAs.pngeJjzMCn.png

Mig. I think the gag's overdone now.

hSpphwZ.pngqXnQW4k.png

No. I'm serious.

TIwkpO8.png

*gasp* JUDGING? What gives the spirits of the blade the right to judge, huh? Everyone knows that judging is WRONG and SILLY because today's society says so!

S8NnXTj.png

...O'L? That's-

4IC8lVx.png

NO! That does NOT sum it up!

NHpuIY3.png

STOP LAUGHING AT ME!

hF7AlN2.pngFUX49Pe.png

*SHAKES FIST*

bMhtbMj.png

"And one bit of laughing internet software..."

R9338J8.png

I'll check 'em out, just in case of changed dialogue.

qXouv5B.png

So, time to start! There's an assassin and civilian hidden by the objective window, I'll get to them later, but for now...

QKwt2Le.pnglqDr0cm.pngWR3D7om.png

EVERY SINGLE ENEMY HAS A DROPPABLE! I'm serious, the game is giving us literally more items than we have slots to hold. We WILL be forced to toss vulneraries by the end of this chapter.

WXHFMAw.pngG3iAmau.png

This assassin has an aggravatingly high chance of hitting us with SILENCER, but is otherwise a nonissue.

aCpNuYq.pngMzsj1xA.png

What if this Spyware was actually just a red herring, while Different Dimensions Ostian Princess was the REAL spyware?

(Note that the thief, a class which specifically specializes in skill, has negative skill and crit values)

uWHhEQo.pngiRdKWGf.png

So... THIS GUY. As Endorph's LP tells us, there is absolutely nothing you can do with this guy. You can't talk to him, or interact with him at all. He's just there as some sort of half-implemented pointless feature. But, there's something even weirder about him I'll show in a moment...

BS7AR7s.png

Meanwhile, let's check the houses!

Z0eme6F.png

This is the only changed dialogue I found. This here is one tech-savvy lady!

c9GzEiU.png

Worst bard ever, can't dodge.

ZegXdZO.png

THIS is the other quality! These Ostian generics(I thought they were bandits?) will crowd around green guy here... but won't even TRY to attack him. It's like they want to, but they can't. They'll attack us perfectly fine, so it's not like it's an AI bug! It's really weird!

Now, you want to see something EVEN MORE amazing?

K0YsRWU.png

NO END TURN COMMAND! HURRAH!!!

So, we'll be forced to go through this hack without one of the main things that makes FE go quicker! Isn't that GREAT?

But, seriously. If you want to know why this is happening, technologically, I have a theory, though I could be wrong. You know how the tutorials in normal FE7 disable lots of your options until you complete them? Well, remember, Mig64 DID remove some of the tutorial codes, but he only did a half-complete job, and he never bothered to remove the one that prevents you from using the "End Turn" command. That's my theory, at least.

n13CjcK.png

NO NO NO NO N-

MHK4FMa.png

Oh, he drops it! Phew! And I'm not going to be missing that vulnerary... but as you can see, this thief is more than willing to snatch up your good stuff, and it is in fact pretty much impossible to approach without him doing so.

WGUpUJB.png

I don't get it.

4PFzowU.png

Is he spyware or some thing that LOLs a lot?

*one more boring offscreen battle later*

zTNQcsK.png4WaCALK.pngeJpCxWv.png

Wait, hold on! Did he remove the threat? Was he the antivirus or the spyware? I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

Obv8Tht.png

Whatever, I'll take this level's measly compensation.

QCB1Gy2.pngbeGuCKA.png

I GOT BACK AN ITEM HE TOOK FROM ME. This isn't a net gain here, game!

gRTJ9cF.png

More power, because that's EXACTLY what he needed!

tuq96Qo.pngiee2gj3.png

Handle the assassin too, I don't care.

R7YCIGQ.png

Yep.

Vlq7fob.png

Axel sucks. This is why he isn't going to be allowed to participate later on.

Oh, I just realized! There aren't any enemies left...

VAcqHEQ.png

Maybe we can fix Axel's CON!

pd6G580.png

NO? Is CON treated differently than normal stats by the game or something?

fukP2cA.png

It certainly worked for the civilian...

Whatever, Zack will continue his life of being unable to lift feathers properly.

33HsJsD.png

CONQUER!!!

BiwHjhW.png

But surely it won't-

BDt0adg.pngzbe4kdt.png

Welp.

VC7HZRF.png

So, will anyone have anything to say about the stupidity of this?

iSRRYIN.png

Actually, yes!

J4quuki.png

THAT'S NOT A GOOD EXPLANATION.

cLShin4.pngcuFENc7.png

*sigh*

hRGAmdq.png

I don't see why you're complaining so much, Lilian! If I was chosen by an awesome sword, I'd keep it forever, and put it on a pedestal with a plaque: "THIS AWESOME SWORD CHOSE ME"!

...Which is precisely why I haven't been chosen by any swords...YET!

TGt8pgl.pngFdMR3GP.pngIeZGC8K.png

10-year-old logic at its finest. The sword DOES realize we'll be giving it immediately to someone who ISN'T Lilian, right?

Iw2wIOb.pngHL2pVs0.png

Translation:

Lilian thinks this sword got tired of waiting and went for the next best thing. She's also being too bitter about it, and I'm getting more aggravated by all this terrible grammar.

EQ7dCPQ.png

Let's leave, Lilian. I have nothing more to say.

iDAauKE.png

Combined with his starting inventory... and the killing edge, that's... 5 swords!

t9Kn8dn.png

Okay, we're finally going to find out who's behind this! It better not be-

4UeYiaq.pngmGJATd1.pngYatN5q4.png

It is.

IT IS.

IT FREAKING IS.

There are so many things wrong with this, let me count them all!

1: Uther is dead.

2: Hector is dead.

5: Valkyrie staves didn't exist in the GBA games.

14: Uther is the older brother, he should ALREADY be ruling.

154: Thria and Ostia are allies. Why is Uther attacking his friend?

4,509: Restore staves cure poison.

5,302,490: Ostia's soldiers wear green.

58,545,432,345,678: Screw this hack.

Infinity: UTHER AND HECTOR ARE FRIGGIN DEAD

X88FO0l.png

Infinity+1: UTHER DOES NOT DO EVIL LAUGHS

Okay, you know what? I'm going to move on, because this is so stupid and wrong my head is hurting.

i1ZJwgu.png

NEXT TIME: Sephyz? Is that a place? A person? Some crappy weapon?

Why would anyone do this?

I'm not sure if this is better...or worse than Corrupt Theocracy....I'm leaning towards worse...but then again, nothing is worse than CT...

Either way, I'm getting that "so bad its entertaining" vibe from this hack.

Edited by RandomSwordmaster

I'm not sure if this is better...or worse than Corrupt Theocracy....I'm leaning towards worse...but then again, nothing is worse than CT...

Either way, I'm getting that "so bad its entertaining" vibe from this hack.

At least Corrupt Theocracy had a slightly original story and a few new characters. Granted that was all it had going for it, but that's still better than this.

At least Corrupt Theocracy had a slightly original story and a few new characters. Granted that was all it had going for it, but that's still better than this.

Very well then! We have set the bar of lowest hack as DDOP! It has done the impossible of thwarting CT! LET US REVEL IN OUR ADDICTION TO TERRIBLE HACK, AS WE OBSERVE MONIKER'S CRUSADE TO CONQUER THAT WHICH IS CRINGE-WORTHY YET ENTERTAINING.

Where in the world is someone named Sephyz?

Antarctica?

Axel is a Morph confirmed?

Axel... is a morph? THE STORY SUDDENLY MAKES SENSE!

...Not really, just kidding. Go home, there's nothing to see here...

Very well then! We have set the bar of lowest hack as DDOP! It has done the impossible of thwarting CT! LET US REVEL IN OUR ADDICTION TO TERRIBLE HACK, AS WE OBSERVE MONIKER'S CRUSADE TO CONQUER THAT WHICH IS CRINGE-WORTHY YET ENTERTAINING.

First, there is a hack that is in fact even worse than this, albeit not in such an entertaining way. It's somewhere in the poll, try to guess which one,..

That virus was priceless. I laughed like crazy.

Also, unlike Corrupt Theocracy, this hack actually managed to be funny in its own right to one person! Anyways:

Let's continue dealing with...

Different Dimensions Ostian Princess: Episode 3: Chapter 3: Sephyz's ULTIMATE POWER

OqTIGQP.png

QMLxcEu.png

Here we are in this abandoned village, except it's raining for whatever reason.

r3S1XSh.png

As you can see, totally unchanged dialo-WAIT WAIT WHAT

t7n6UKi.png

What did they DO to them?

fHJ0K8r.png

NO, my village was NOT destroyed by bandits with the world's dumbest name!

...Actually, I've spent so long on FE it's been a while since I checked...

DKx6A97.png

Oh look, some pirates and a myrm. Surely the pirates couldn't mean any harm, right?

aljRyY9.pngKpOgQqY.png

Oh no! Keep your hands off the white-haired lady!

mQnrIME.png

Oh, never mind! Looks like all they want to do is escort her to their party.

HpxR1JT.png

Who WOULDN'T want to be in a Fire Emblem group?

Kw25Oau.png

You can't have katanas at a party unless they're plastic!

Ey23XQR.png

Oh good, she's gonna-

edAnD3Z.pngsNr3bwV.png

Hold on! I'm fairly certain that katanas are NOT worth millions of dollars!

And... aren't Wo Dao's SACAEN swords?

vNntke5.png

*a little over 1000, MAYBE.

Rc12hEf.png

We'd best break this up, these party escorts are looking more like evil moneygrubbers.

kmG5lFj.png

Wait, SHE'S Sephyz?

c8pGLTX.pnggDlbYxP.pngLXkFL97.png

Don't worry, we'll help you. You're not at fault, right?

IQ8FQnr.pngQUiO6DZ.png

Okay, I'm tired of trying to make sense of this dialogue.

JCyfo5w.png

Sephyz cut these bandits with a sword, which would probably hurt more than a pegasus.

CEcVcj5.png

And these bandits are now getting crazy possessive.

tGGBTJm.pngGpf4Bk2.png

And now it's our Fire Emblem party vs. THEIR Fire Emblem party!

XGxS5Lx.png

That's actually not a good idea, but it still doesn't justify the terrible writing.

rrBrZZr.png

Have one last bit of insanity before we get to the actual gameplay.

dsIOywi.png

So, there are a FEW more enemies here than normal.

3mdTZUf.png

Oh, and rain! Because rain ALWAYS makes hacks better! Just look at its BRILLIANT USAGE in Vaati's Revenge and Corrupt Theocracy!

0aAFSgH.pngJk5883a.pngNg3vn5R.png

Our new character has INSANELY lopsides stats, and two items that are basically the same. Oh, and another promotion item, because we clearly need them at this point.

DvA4471.pnggCYyZ9m.png

OH NO PREPROMOTE, I'M SO SCARED

LHwun3S.png

Nothing remarkable here.

XtblbtS.png

And inside Wil's village is...

TqeclcO.png

E-ELIWOOD?

gIQyhWg.png

Oh. He's actually Marf(last name Santangelo), who is apparently Eliwood's bastard grandson or something silly.

q6bI1Uo.pngWHeQ5OV.pngGHaRdYy.pngI4rBWsd.png

he has unremarkable stats, a renamed Eliwood Lord class, a support with a Zanatta for some reason, and... well, that's it I guess. I initially planned not to use him, but something will soon change my mind.

scaIGlh.png

Oh the PAIN!

(Why does the myrm use a Blade Lord sprite?)

04Db93I.png

The Mani Katti's been changed a bit. In addition to stat changes and 20 uses...

iDr7aDd.png

It ALSO has a brave effect!

R3Qjil6.png

One level up later...

wh1gfb9.png

What the heck, I'm using it. I might need it later, but probably not.

4iBeDyH.png

Blade lord promotes into...

fluSVNh.png

Just a normal swordsmaster? I almost regret it now...

GbRH5Ck.png

Mediocre statboosts...

DCAmrGH.png

Yup, she could probably solo the rest of the hack. Obviously, we won't be doing that.

L1IndE1.png

Whoa whoa whoa! 0 gold heaven seals? Which happen to be literally the only thing in our price range? Well then.

Wait a minute...

Marf is a traveler.

Traveler is a renamed Eliwood Lord.

Eliwood Lords promote into a crazy awesome class.

But they need Heaven Seals to do it...

And we HAVE Heaven Seals right here!

I have realized my destiny.

I WILL TRAIN MARF TO LEVEL 10, AND GET HIM PROMOTED INTO SOMETHING AWESOME!

But first, let's get some mon-

w0qJe1Z.png

WELL. NEVER MIND THEN.

So remember, we had to use a flying unit to get to the village in time in normal FE. But here, we don't have a flying unit, so it's pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to save the village. Maybe you could do it with UBER LTC PRO STRATS, but I'm not that amazing.

y2XRaTz.png

We'll have to get some chump change by selling leftover iron axes.

(Looking back, why didn't I just sell the Elixir instead?)

epcjtT4.png

Marf takes revenge for the village in the beginning of his EPIC TRAINING PROGRAM.

a3sWm40.png

Ugh, still no End Turn command.

WWdbywE.png

But, at least he's dead!

q0hBalL.png

And their name suddenly changed back to normal. Okay.

bB1IPgy.png

Marf, this isn't a good start.

2qCPb74.png

Huh?

oUKyCqo.png

You do realize that you ARE a swordsmaster? I JUST promoted you?

l1II1hL.png

Especially when it's ALREADY FULFILLED.

QTJL22I.png

I won't.

NdRaQez.png

I've heard CGs are really hard to remove, so I can't blame him for this one, but... still.

q1xdsCs.png

NEXT TIME: This is what people call me for playing this hack!

Hey guys, I'm going to be switching to a new computer over the next few days, which will actually not be crap like my old one, but there might be a delay in my updates during the start. Things should return to normal soon, though.

few things to comment that are pointless

- bad hack is hilariously bad, can't wait till moniker gets to "that" chapter.

- So marf is the new lucius, I don't know what it is about eilwood clones but they always get a training montage.

- new computer? nice

I have returned! Things should be going back to normal!

few things to comment that are pointless

- bad hack is hilariously bad, can't wait till moniker gets to "that" chapter.

- So marf is the new lucius, I don't know what it is about eilwood clones but they always get a training montage.

- new computer? nice

Don't know what chapter you're talking about, but I know that when we get to it, it won't be amazing.

Let's continue dealing with...

Different Dimensions Ostian Princess: Episode 4: Chapter 4: Defense of the Scrappy

IsTQ3tN.png

Am I the sucker? Is Mig the sucker? Are my readers the sucker? WHO IS IT?

7DsXAJR.png

So, this might look like a new map, but it's actually just Talon's Alight with a different palette.

rxuSPnL.png

Well, it's better than the fort in Lyn's mode!

QndNWkF.pngd13TB3A.png

AHAHAHA!

Sorry... it's just, the author posed this as some HUGE revelation, but there are so many things WRONG with it!

26rd12I.png

It was fine when it was just Axel x Lilian, but Sephyz seems older...

o8Zee9b.png

Oh, let's just enter the castle through the wall. That makes sense.

Iz5U7UK.png

Most of us actually take the correct route down the stairs...

k34dD9K.png

Only to still end up in the wrong place.

Rj3nxO7.png

But aren't WE intruding on YOU?

48wQhm5.png

So, this must be Natalie's grandchild or something, and her leg sickness was hereditary. And her husband is somebody named Mundo.

4PTeJ8F.pngbGPrwWR.png

I guess the bandits have wall-entering powers too.

d79xnT2.png

PLOT TWIST

MsqqCnZ.png

HE'S THE KING OF BERN

tMtcATT.png

Oh, HE'S the sucker mentioned in the title!

When we see his stats, we'll see the name totally fits!

QEOlAJ5.png

Pick up your romhack... AND HACK! BADLY!

xlWCRyT.png

Oh sure, make ME do all the work!

XdovLu4.png

I appreciate the effort displayed in actually changing THIS tutorial dialogue, but, you know, half of our party and the enemies are standing in walls, there are two commanders, Natalie is somehow a tent...

lS95W0c.png

We rearrange a bit, but guess how many problems that solves.

Z177vFa.png

So, let's look at the enemy spread. Just like in the original game, we'll have plenty coming after us in the beginning, but not really anyone after that. Also, this mercenary is trapped. We have no door keys, so we won't be getting either him or the chests he guards.

Twvt40h.pngCsrQGei.pngLBy572l.png

Despite being clearly bandits, these guys are still labeled as Ostia. Oh, and they have lots of droppables.

vDxHhUR.pngrLuEdRI.png

The boss turned into a warrior, but somehow gained basically no stats in the process.

eabhAqK.pngZmqpuXi.pngMDV2GUl.png

And Sucker here is a super beefy general who has pretty much no function but taking a few hits. I don't think I'll use him for even that.

dElaLx4.png

Natalie is a tent! And we still can't check her stats because of the game's original coding! I'll talk more about her later, but for now know that her durability has been slightly increased, but the enemies STILL stand absolutely no chance of making it to her.

oz3JkIS.png

This guy can't use his weapon.

1ypEyht.png

Oh well!

2kf1RgB.png

And so, more about the nature of Zack's -- CON is discovered!

L8qewuJ.png

So, every single turn, we have to select Natalie and end her turn. And we still can't use the normal End Turn command.

Every. Single. Turn.

Something tells me 64 here either A: Didn't playtest his hack or B: Didn't care.

rkJ3RZC.png

Zack dodges this bandit's attack, but for some reason doesn't counter!

0SfcLhu.png

He does counter the next one, though! Weird! Well, what with all the other stuff that goes on in this hack, I think we can safely ignore this thing.

CTij5Wt.png

Level 10! And no, he can't promote. He's a crutch character, but the enemies in this hack are so weak and lame he'll never stop wrecking them.

3yCa0yA.png

You hit Marf.

B5Z5dI5.png

HE TAKES OFFENSE TO HITTING A PRINCE CLONE.

TZS3PwC.png

Not yet... but soon...

xErKsPd.png

I might want to promote you too. We still have that guiding ring you started with...

0wrjR1j.png

We have room for it now, since we can actually send stuff to Natalie!

ygRrVyh.png

Normally I'd be worried about killing this guy early because that'd end the chapter, but there's a good reason why I'm not worried.

fz5v2di.png

And you'll have to wait to hear why, because it turns out Zack gets doubled when holding a brave sword!

fC3gfwT.png

Enemok? We haven't even met that guy yet!

Hbwa0pI.png

And then unchanged dialogue.

DEATH COUNT OF SUCK:

Moniker's fault: 1

Game's BS: 0

6WpAXh2.png

Natalie has an elixir apparently, because she just NEEDED to be EVEN SAFER.

And why does Mundo need to buy medicine for his wife if she already has the most powerful healing item in existence?

has34cU.png

I research further, and it turns out by using the unit list I can check her stats. Maybe if I reset, she would become a magic tank tent...

bN4PVIr.png

The enemies LOVE chipping this wall, even though they will never break it ever.

EdU9YN0.png

The enemies in this hack are still really low-level. In Lyn's mode, they might pose some semblance of a threat, but here? Our guys are so good they can hardly touch us.

1FH9msi.png

A bandit spawns with the merc. They can keep each other company!

TlhJFu1.png

Sucker approaches! And I guess he's a boss now?

5D9zTGt.pnglaS1Plm.png

Carjiga is dead (which doesn't end the chapter) and Marf has reached the next stage of training!

tKnYc9L.png

With Axel's song EXCELLENT TACTICS, we get to talk to this guy!

MBSHGmF.pngfXnK3aD.png8d0IN35.png

Ultimately meaningless changed dialogue!

a4zjZd3.png

All hope of me training you=gone.

JquHikB.png

Myrmidons are coming through the walls! STOP THEM, HEROIC GENERAL!

Q0DW6Ec.png

I slay him, out of pity and little else.

lNUfHsx.pngakZPVH0.pnguNYAl8o.png

Every single one of the reinforcementdons has a droppable steel sword. For no reason.

qOCr8hE.png

Once again, very glad for this and will talk more about it later.

QPaDf8i.png

But of course, Mig STILL messed it up!

EF9pJIU.png

At least we can do this! ...If we ever actually wanted to...

9EK6ynU.png

You know, maybe I should see if Axel can promote to Flute Sageor something!

wmdQJOa.png

Last turn! Marf's been stopping the myrms, we should be in no trouble.

gB4btWP.png

Weren't you supposed to appear? Didn't you appear, in Endorph's LP? Whatever, you won't be missed.

itfchPj.png

Yay!

IO5i6Fr.png

Happy reunion!

mzrmGPb.png

And yes, she IS staying with us!

Now to talk about her. You see, if there was one thing our beloved hacker, Mig64, did RIGHT, it was give us the convoy very early on. Especially what with all the items he's throwing at us! However, as you've seen and will see more in the future, he managed to screw even this up!

RMUeXqL.png

You too, guys! Goodnight!