Should I use Horace  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should I use Horace

• Yes
    • No
    • Horace would be proud
    • Dolph for MVP
    • (Smiley Jim told me to add this) Screw you shin

Use a sniper squad of Sniper! Arms Scrolled Horace w/ Silver Bow, Sirius and Minerva with Steel Bows (forge one of those), Wendell with the Killer Bow and Jeorge with the Parthia or a buyable bow. Add a General squad of Catria, Palla, MU and Caeda.

Edited by Gradivus.

Horace is usable as a reclassed Sniper w/ Arms Scroll, Rainbow potion, and one of the shards that raises his strength.

OH and Silver bow equipped.

Edited by Bluedoom

Ogma 50 40 0 30 30 60 15 15
Horace 40 40 0 25 30 35 40 10

Horace's growth rates are broadly comparable to Ogma. The problem isn't the growth rates, it's his extremely lacklustre bases.

Sirius 1 6 5 0 9 6 4 3 0 Sword 135, Lance 165
Horace 3 6 7 0 8 6 7 2 0 Lance 105, Bow 30

He has pretty comparable bases to Sirius...who showed up 8 chapters ago! Sirius also probably got like 5 or 6 levels at least in that time period, which puts him about +3 on all of his bases.

HOWEVER, that being said, on paper if you slow down a lot, spend enough money on drillgrounds to make up for the bases deficit, and give him enough speedwings, he should be able to blick Wyverns well enough to pull off a lategame Horseman!

Edited by Irysa

Horace's growths are meh, because he's got a grand total of 17 levels to use them (for comparison, Ogma has something like 33, assuming a level 20 promotion). IMO his growths look closer to Minerva's. . .but Minerva gets a load of axe rank and much better bases to compensate. Just about any regularly-used mounted unit will have more lance rank by the time he joins, and his bow rank doesn't win him any awards (since Jeorge showed up earlier, and Jake's right around the corner). Horace is a victim of awful circumstance this time 'round.

I don't think he's outright unusable, but it'll take time for his growths to kick in - time that H3 doesn't want to waste. Good luck~!