Lunatic Mode - Best Possible Grinding Maps (includes DLC)

Hello, everyone I am currently trying to grind some parents on Lunatic mode and I wanted to see if their was a faster way to proceed with this. Right now I am using the DLC map "EXPonetial Growth" however I am at the point where some of the EXP is getting low.( I am also grinding for all best skills for that character). The reason why i am doing this is becasue I plan on using the children to finish the rest of the game. (storywise I am on Chapter 15) So is there a better why to grind? If so please post your ideas below.

If you're strong enough for it, give Lost Bloodlines 3 a shot! It works best if you have exactly one other character besides Chrom.

Not really optimal, but if you want to do some early-game grinding for Lissa, have Freddy get the Key to one of the gates in Ch. 3 (The one at the fortress on the border of Regna Ferox), remove his weapons, and let the Knight attack him over and over while Lissa heals Freddy over and over.

If you're strong enough for it, give Lost Bloodlines 3 a shot! It works best if you have exactly one other character besides Chrom.

I forgot about that map and the paragon skill. After I though about it I did do what you suggested and I recalled it worked well. Thanks for the advice!

Not really optimal, but if you want to do some early-game grinding for Lissa, have Freddy get the Key to one of the gates in Ch. 3 (The one at the fortress on the border of Regna Ferox), remove his weapons, and let the Knight attack him over and over while Lissa heals Freddy over and over.

A far more powerful version of this is to trap Marth in a corner on Cht.4 and use her for damage since P.Falchion doesn't break. With enough Heal Staves you'll be able to easily get Lissa to Lv.20.

In Cht.3 you only have two of them, and will likely have only 15-20 uses left on the last one anyway by the time you beat the boss.

A far more powerful version of this is to trap Marth in a corner on Cht.4 and use her for damage since P.Falchion doesn't break. With enough Heal Staves you'll be able to easily get Lissa to Lv.20.

In Cht.3 you only have two of them, and will likely have only 15-20 uses left on the last one anyway by the time you beat the boss.

True now this grinding only applies to chapter 15 to after the endgame.

This is what I've done with Females. It works better after Chapter 16: I reclass them to a Bride (Smash Brethren 2) and then spam Rescue staves which give a good amount of EXP per useage, especilly when combined with Paragon. Once said female has reached near Max stats (about 2-3 seconds seals with Limit Breaker), I then have them go to Lost Bloodlines 3 (or Infinate Regallia) to learn any skills.

Still working on how to grind males efficiently.

This is what I've done with Females. It works better after Chapter 16: I reclass them to a Bride (Smash Brethren 2) and then spam Rescue staves which give a good amount of EXP per useage, especilly when combined with Paragon. Once said female has reached near Max stats (about 2-3 seconds seals with Limit Breaker), I then have them go to Lost Bloodlines 3 (or Infinate Regallia) to learn any skills.

Still working on how to grind males efficiently.

This works for. . .quite a few people, actually. Here's who absolutely, positively cannot do this:

- Chrom

- Frederick

- Stahl

- Donnel

- Gregor

- Basilio

- Walhart

- Yen'fay

- Priam

The only child who can't rescue-grind by default is Inigo, but it should be easy enough to give him a father that's not on the list above.

What I'd do is have the guys above learn their skill as they attempt to max their stats. It's possible to do Lost Bloodlines 3 with any attacking weapon - there's a nifty little spot that limits how many things you face at once, which is perfect for both swords and bows. MAYBE grab Iote's Shield for Frederick, and you should be good to go~!

What a waste of time though. I'd just get Chrom some useful skills like DG+ and 30+ def/res and let him support a unit on LB3. As long as one has 20+ def/res and decent hp (45~50+ I'd say) then they can do LB3. No need to grind 90 levels of bride via staff.

What a waste of time though. I'd just get Chrom some useful skills like DG+ and 30+ def/res and let him support a unit on LB3. As long as one has 20+ def/res and decent hp (45~50+ I'd say) then they can do LB3. No need to grind 90 levels of bride via staff.

The problem is getting to that point where the unit can survive LB3. Not many units start with those stats, so you'll have to grind to get them to that point. You could do EXPonential Growth, but that will give you about 3 level ups per runthrough (unless you have Galeforce). Staff grinding works at any level, and is actually a bit faster than LB3 grinding and definitly faster than EXPonential Growth grinding.

I do agree that Chrom is your best friend for grinding on LB3. I gave him DS+,DG+,LB, and Accuracy+20 and them had him pair up.

Edited by Hunter Nightblood

LB3 gives like 8 levels per 3 minutes. I doubt Staff grinding is much faster than that.

It really depends. For early grinding, Staff grinding is faster (especially when working with the Bride class. 1 rescue staff gives about 50 EXP for a while). Later on, LB3 grinding becomes much faster. I use staff grinding to gain stats and then go to LB3 to gain any skills I want.

First you type this:

It works better after Chapter 16: I reclass them to a Bride (Smash Brethren 2) and then spam Rescue staves which give a good amount of EXP per useage, especilly when combined with Paragon. Once said female has reached near Max stats (about 2-3 seconds seals with Limit Breaker), I then have them go to Lost Bloodlines 3 (or Infinate Regallia) to learn any skills.

Then you type this 26 hours later:

It really depends. For early grinding, Staff grinding is faster (especially when working with the Bride class. 1 rescue staff gives about 50 EXP for a while). Later on, LB3 grinding becomes much faster. I use staff grinding to gain stats and then go to LB3 to gain any skills I want.

Please make up your mind?

Please make up your mind?

For clarity: First I do staff grinding, then I go to LB3 for skills. Early grinding means stat grinding and late grinding means skill grinding. I apologize for the confusion.

Also note that what I've said mainly applies to female units only due to the Bride class.

Once said female has reached near Max stats (about 2-3 seconds seals with Limit Breaker)

Footnote: You can always stop early and go to LB3.

For clarity: First I do staff grinding, then I go to LB3 for skills. Early grinding means stat grinding and late grinding means skill grinding. I apologize for the confusion.

Also note that what I've said mainly applies to female units only due to the Bride class.

So units still get +50 exp per rescue after 88 bride level ups, I think I'll go confirm that real quick. Thanks for clarifying~!

So units still get +50 exp per rescue after 88 bride level ups, I think I'll go confirm that real quick. Thanks for clarifying~!

I'm in the middle of stat grinding with Miriel, so...

Miriel: Level 29 Bride (1) after becoming a Dark Knight beforehand: 56 EXP per Rescue use.

I'll update when I'm done with round 2.

Edit: Miriel Level 29 Bride (2): 46 EXP. At this point she could go to LB3 and grind there.

Edit: Miriel Level 29 Bride (3): Screwed up. From the looks of it, a Rescue staff gave around 30-40 EXP per use. At this point, unless I wanted the Troubadour skills, I should go to LB3.

All together, this took around 160 turns for 90 level-ups.

I wonder how staff experience is getting calculated. What bothers me is the bracket in this formula:

Staff experience = Base value – Max(Internal Level – 5, 0) / 3 + Unpromoted bonus + Exceptions

Source.

what does: "(Internal Level – 5, 0) " mean?

I wonder how staff experience is getting calculated. What bothers me is the bracket in this formula:

Staff experience = Base value – Max(Internal Level – 5, 0) / 3 + Unpromoted bonus + Exceptions

Source.

what does: "(Internal Level – 5, 0) " mean?

If I remember correctly, that's influenced by the amount of times you have used a Second Seal or a Master Seal. I don't know the specifics though.

Edit: Misunderstood what you needed help with.

That's the same page I linked as a source, did you think I didn't read my own source? What I'm asking is what does the part after the 5, mean?

After doing some testing, I think that it makes it so that the result isn't a negative number, as that would add EXP.

After doing some testing, I think that it makes it so that the result isn't a negative number, as that would add EXP.

I see. Next time I grind some levels, I will take your advice and do the bride rescue grinding, thanks! Gonna post more as soon as I know more! :D