TearRing Saga: New Translation Finished! (v1.04)

Aethin

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew, that's actually a big load off my mind. I was kinda expecting a big backlash after posting that, but I'm glad to hear an understanding opinion instead.

1 hour ago, Miacis said:

I'm... a bit more confused by Shigen's dad though, of all things. All the other changes related to keeping a consistency in character, tone or facts, but this one seems to only add drama and stakes to a rather throwaway line, and changes Shigen's motivation a lil' bit: "My dad was a victim of the Cult he served" seems to make Shigen realize that the Cult is deaf to the suffering of his people, making him quit. "My dad was a rebel and died confronting the Cult" seems to me like he left more out of love or duty to his dad. I respect that change, but I can't help but be curious about the thought process behind it.

Disclaimer: TRS being what it is, I might be forgetting or misremembering things about Shigen and his dad plot point. I don't recall him mentionning it outside of Sierra's conversation in Blaad, though.

Y'know, looking back, I really can't remember why I changed that. I feel like the original motivation doesn't conflict with anything else established in-story, original or otherwise, so why did I even bother? I'll definitely add "review that conversation" to my to-do list for v1.03.

@Zigludo, I've sent you a PM.

Edited by Aethin

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/1/2017 at 11:36 PM, Zigludo said:

'Scuse me, could someone upload Distant Feelings from the TRS soundtrack onto youtube, please? Sorry if this is a random place to ask, just need it for something.

hi,here is the full soundtrack

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/playstation/other/tear-ring-saga-original-soundtrack/

Started a new playthrough and I've noticed a few things:

After map 7, there's a random right facing arrow when Esther talks to Arkis

zRX290K.png

Also, I'm not sure if this has been fixed in the latest patch, but when I was using the 1.02 patch I noticed that in the event with Lee and Plum after map 2 Lee says he's giving her an "Aegis" staff, but in the menus it's called an "Enarmor" staff. Apologies if this has been fixed already.

5 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Started a new playthrough and I've noticed a few things:

After map 7, there's a random right facing arrow when Esther talks to Arkis

Reveal hidden contents

zRX290K.png

Also, I'm not sure if this has been fixed in the latest patch, but when I was using the 1.02 patch I noticed that in the event with Lee and Plum after map 2 Lee says he's giving her an "Aegis" staff, but in the menus it's called an "Enarmor" staff. Apologies if this has been fixed already.

That's easily fixed, thankfully. I'm curious about the "Aegis" line, though--maybe it's from one of the text files I was told was unused. Or I just blanked out when editing it.

Would it be better if I also included upgrade-patches with future releases, so you could go from 1.03 to 1.04 and not from the Japanese version?

Found another error in Map 8:

ZAD4tJ1.png

On 2/20/2017 at 2:26 PM, Aethin said:

Would it be better if I also included upgrade-patches with future releases, so you could go from 1.03 to 1.04 and not from the Japanese version?

That would be handy, yeah.

Edit: One more error to note: When Alfred gives the Sylphid tome to Alicia, he calls it Sylph rather than Sylphid.

Edit 2: In the same chapter, when you get the Dakuron from the test, a bunch of garbled text pops up.

Edit 3: The text for when you confirm if you want to take over the armory in Ligria is untranslated.

Kv0gQTo.png

Edit 4: Another error in map 24:

Spoiler

eQsynwm.png

god, editing posts on newSF can be a pain. >.<

Edit 5: Letzenheimer calls his sword "Lukuud" in his battle quote.

Edited by Robert of Normandy

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2017 at 4:08 AM, LumInvader said:

Is there going to be a 1.04 patch, or is 1.03 considered final?

Eventually, yes, that's the plan, but for most intents and purposes, 1.03 is "final."

I have to recover the script and stuff off my old hard drive in order to work on it again, though, which I won't be able to do until I go back home on the 22nd-ish (at the earliest). In the meantime, I've been occupied with Berwick Saga.

23 hours ago, Aethin said:

Eventually, yes, that's the plan, but for most intents and purposes, 1.03 is "final."

I have to recover the script and stuff off my old hard drive in order to work on it again, though, which I won't be able to do until I go back home on the 22nd-ish (at the earliest). In the meantime, I've been occupied with Berwick Saga.

But are you doing Vestaria tho?

Good work on this tho, now I can much more easily understand one of my 3 favorite FEs

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2017 at 9:02 PM, Aethin said:

Then I'll definitely wait until 1.04 before playing.  Thanks!

In one of the Leetena events, when Kriess goes to give her a healing drop it shows nothing but empty boxes is this supposed to happen or am I using an old translation? I just found out it was recently "re translated" after finding a pre patched Rom. 

20 minutes ago, Emperor said:

In one of the Leetena events, when Kriess goes to give her a healing drop it shows nothing but empty boxes is this supposed to happen or am I using an old translation? I just found out it was recently "re translated" after finding a pre patched Rom. 

I recall that Deltre went through all of the Letena events in his LP, so it shouldn't be blank... As a test for which translation it is: what is Arkis and Kreiss's class called?

14 minutes ago, Aethin said:

I recall that Deltre went through all of the Letena events in his LP, so it shouldn't be blank... As a test for which translation it is: what is Arkis and Kreiss's class called?

Kriess is a caviler and I promoted Arkis last chapter so he is a knight Captain 

32 minutes ago, Emperor said:

Kriess is a caviler and I promoted Arkis last chapter so he is a knight Captain 

In that case, that's the old translation.

(Also, for future reference, it's probably not the best idea to talk about ROMs and such here on Serenes.)

Just now, Aethin said:

In that case, that's the old translation.

(Also, for future reference, it's probably not the best idea to talk about ROMs and such here on Serenes.)

Dam the save file will still work right? And ah yea I forgot sorry and thank you for the help. 

Hi, if you're looking for problems with the v1.03 translation, I ran into a problematic text. When a unit is hit with an attack that prevents them from countering, it always says "(Name)'s magic is silenced!" regardless of what kind of weapon they have.

I'm loving this translation patch, though.

18 hours ago, Hozu said:

Hi, if you're looking for problems with the v1.03 translation, I ran into a problematic text. When a unit is hit with an attack that prevents them from countering, it always says "(Name)'s magic is silenced!" regardless of what kind of weapon they have.

I'm loving this translation patch, though.

Thanks for the tip!  I looked back at the Japanese, and you're right; it should be something more like "[name] was stopped by magic."

I'll make sure it's fixed for the next version!

So I followed the steps and when I use epsxe 2.05 (followed the steps you linked as well) to boot up the game, its all black. and does not play any sound or anything. Where did I goof up? And is this the place to ask these kind of questions or should I make a thread? 

Edited by Emperor

After map 2 one of Codha's lines has him say "Verge" when he meant "Verje". There are also a couple of instances of a period after a question mark (ie. ?.) which can easily be squashed with a find and replace. I think there's also a lowercase i somewhere in the ending in one of Shigen's lines (find with " i ", ie. i surrounded by a space on each side). The turn count for each map at the very end has each map name untranslated. Dunno if it's because it's part of a video file or if it was simply missed, but it's not a huge deal because you can still tell which map it was by the number.

On 23.08.2017 at 5:46 AM, Emperor said:

So I followed the steps and when I use epsxe 2.05 (followed the steps you linked as well) to boot up the game, its all black. and does not play any sound or anything. Where did I goof up? And is this the place to ask these kind of questions or should I make a thread? 

Which ppf patcher are you use? Only PPF-o-Matic can apply this path.

Edited by Lightgazer

I promoted Esther at the end of map 8 and I noticed her nickname is missing.

uiEFpOt.png

Edit: It's also missing in the ending when you see all your unit info.

Edited by Hozu

On 8/23/2017 at 9:00 PM, Lightgazer said:

Which ppf patcher are you use? Only Windows PPF-o-Matic can apply this path.

Thats what I am using. PPf-o-Matic30 is the name. Any other avenues I might have messed up to cause this?  

4 hours ago, Emperor said:

Thats what I am using. PPf-o-Matic30 is the name. Any other avenues I might have messed up to cause this?  

Maybe you have different version of disk. Compare checksums (md5):

e9f64a96497c3ca6db81eea06500e3e0  original bin

5aac557a2f979729be1a87769a3d5099  patched 1.03 bin

Also, have you tried other emulators?

Edited by Lightgazer