TearRing Saga: New Translation Finished! (v1.04)

Aethin

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, everyone! Just an update: I have yet to hear back from the hacker.

Usually, he's quite punctual, so I'm not sure why I haven't heard from him, but I continue to wait in anticipation.

Well, it's going to be done when it's done. But thanks for keeping us in the loop on this matter.

This pretty much. I'm not going anywhere, so your hacker can take his time.

I'm more than willing to wait to play thru my favorite Kaga era FE again. And 3rd favorite FE

Hi, everyone!

I just got word that the game's text has been recompiled back into game-format, and that now work is being done on the chapter title screens, like the attached. Many thanks to LCKhoa for doing so much!

post-3710-0-99827200-1469466654_thumb.png

Edited by Aethin

Dude! You are a LEGEND for all this hard work! Since moving to Hokkaido I found old copies of Tear Ring and Berwick (only one of each, so it must have been destiny) at a nearby used games store, and I've been praying for someone to do a real-ass translation for them! I already have pcsx2! Woohoo!

The patch has been released! Please check the first post of the thread for details.

Enjoy and give feedback, please! (And if you are going to give feedback, keep the details of the first post in mind when doing so!)

Aethin - your OP links to serenes, not google drive

go to bed its like 4:35

FUCK

All right, I fixed it.

And yes, it is very much time for bed.

Thanks so much for all of your hard work! I hope now that it's fully translated, more people will start playing it and discussion on in can start up again. Don't let any misspellings get you down, if people can deal with "xcvxzdfgVulnery" from the Thracia patch, a couple misspellings is nothing.

Amazing work. Thanks a lot. And I really love the patch so far. It reads nicely and everything seems to work as it should.

Something that I can note after going through a few of my saves is that all the "Dholm's Soldier" on map 24 River of Leave have mangled names. The name is written correctly but it has a string of Japanese characters right next to it.

Edited by BrightBow

Amazing work. Thanks a lot. And I really love the patch so far. It reads nicely and everything seems to work as it should.

Something that I can note after going through a few of my saves is that all the "Dholm's Soldier" on map 24 River of Leave have mangled names. The name is written correctly but it has a string of Japanese characters right next to it.

Hooray! I'm glad you like it. I often wonder if I'm being excessively self-critical when it comes to "sounding natural."

That's happened to another generic enemy name, too! I'll have to see what went wrong with them. Thank goodness it's not game-breaking, at least.

TeVRyou.png

Edited by Aethin

Last month I was lamenting the state of TRS's translation. Last week I found your blog and binged on the localization posts (my field of studies). Today I find the patch released and ready to test and share with my friends.

You sir, are a saint. Keep up the awesome work, and the cool posts. I'll be sure to report anything strange I may find.

Edited by Miacis

Hey im loving it so far! Only error ive caught is in between chapter 1 and 2 Cohda spells excape when talking about Sasha

Good catch! I added it to the OP.

Awesome! I gotta say that I love the banner in your sig.

Why, thank you! GIMP is a lovely image editing tool.

Last month I was lamenting the state of TRS's translation. Last week I found your blog and binged on the localization posts (my field of studies). Today I find the patch released and ready to test and share with my friends.

You sir, are a saint. Keep up the awesome work, and the cool posts. I'll be sure to report anything strange I may find.

Thanks for all the interest! I've been worried (somewhat selfishly) that I'd do all this work but only end up with a handful of people who actually cared about it. It makes me glad that more and more fans are taking interest.

I'm about to start chapter 9 and I'm loving it so far, thanks to you and your team! My question is for everyone here, this is my first time playing, what tips or things should I look out for?

Use Zieg for everything! <--terrible advice

Keep Kate and Zieg in the same party, and don't kill Stephanie when she comes after you. You can't save Barbarossa or Julius. Use your shields only when necessary.

Um... and play smart, I guess? : ]

Edited by Aethin