20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like using commands?

• Yes
    • No
    • Partly
  2. 2. How often do you use commands in FE9 and 10?

• Always
    • Often
    • Sometimes
    • Rarely
    • Never
    • What's a command?
  3. 3. For whom do you use commands?

• My units and partner units
    • Only my units
    • Only partner units
    • Don't use them at all.

In the Tellius games you could give commands to your own units and partner units.

Especially the second point was a pretty nice strategical idea.

You could leave your partner units alone not to steal your experience or you could use them as canon fodder to save your units.

I command my units...

• in pretty much each escape chapter in FE9 and 10 except for 1-1 in FE10.

I command my partner units...

• in all escape chapters. (when they exist)
  • in chapter 9 in FE9. Lethe and Morcedai shouldn't kill anything.
  • in 3-3 in FE10. Marcia kills 90% of the enemies. I only let the partner units act so that the bishop(s) with physics can heal her.
  • in 3-9, because the bishop with the physics is very welcome for my units.
  • in 3-11 to send the hawks back. Tibarn even can kill himself. The boss oneshots him.
  • in 3-12 from turn 2.
  • in 3-13 at least in hard mode.

It was better in FE10, because your lord could give a command even after it had moved.

I think it would be even better, if you could give a command to each single partner unit individually.

Each partner unit will get an own number and an own command. With these numbers you can decide the order of the NPCs.

1. Do you miss this feature?
  2. And if yes, do you have an(y) improvement suggestion(s) for this mechanic?
Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

I think it's fine as is. It's sort of difficult to position Kurth properly so he can meat shield reinforcements in 1-3, but I like the challenge.

Though I've never been able to properly use the CRK reinforcements so I just have them sit tight and have Geoffrey+Marcia do everything.

I've never used the Order command for my units. I can see how it might be useful if there are certain units you're not actively using and are deployed for some reason, but eh I never got around to toying with those commands.

I only really used them twice in PoR, when you first get Mordecai and Lethe, since having them kill things equals no exp.

And for, or course, Tanith's reinforcements, no boss kills for them.

In RD, I always let the CRK do whatever they wanted, so I never used it for them, kind of the same with the bridge chapter except when Tibarn gets too close to the boss, I use commands to keep him away then.

I've never seen the point of the Order command but I like having control over the Ally faction.

It's just that the ability to control allies is insufficient for RD, were you have entire armies under your command. You want your allies to attack, and your Bishops will proceed to get themselves killed (despite being perfectly able to keep a safe distance with their staffs). You keep them to wait and your Bishops won't do anything. But most importantly, the Yellow units should not move before the enemy phase, otherwise they get in the way of your own formation. And also, the commands you might give to one group of allies might not apply for allies on the other side of the map.

I'd like it more where after you pick a place for them to move to, they start engaging enemies if they are in range. I forget to change it pretty often.

But otherwise I only use it for Ally units.

Using commands for partner units makes it all but impossible for you to lose on 3-13. As long as you maintain some semblance of a defensive front and use the Target command, you can have all the units huddle along the front of the defensive line and just defend 1 or 2 points.