[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release 5/22/2022 - 27 Chapters)

Blademaster!

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see some signs of life! I'll be waiting excitedly. Any specific reason for the name changes?

Name changes? If you mean the "Enemy" names, those are just place holders. They'll end up being Cyra/Holy Repub. Elementos is just that character's personally tome with a new spell animation.

Playable Brammimond? Whoa.

inb4 0 move, max con

He's at max level

I meant the name changes for the female versions of the Brigand and Berserker classes. I should have been more specific, though.

The Female Berserker class is different since it doesn't walk on water, so I changed the name.

Does this game uses maps from the Vanilla game, like Corrupt Theo?

Not for gameplay. I believe two show up again in cut scenes. The rest of the maps in this hack are all original as well (i.e. the ones not yet released in a patch).

All maps are either original or from public map packs. A lot of the stuff in this game has been pulled from public resources.

Yes. The vast majority of the material for this hack is either public or stuff I made back when I was creating Sun God's Challenge. All the maps were either taken from public packs, given to me way back during SGC, or made using Bwdyeti's map creator's randomize function.

Edited by Blademaster!

• 3 weeks later...

Small update:

1. Added a popularity poll

2. I'm looking for two more beta testers. These two beta testers will be responsible for needing to replay the whole game and must be someone I know isn't a random nobody on this forum. Apply in this thread. This testing is being done to make sure the world map updates are working and where some changes in item drops may need to be placed. This patch will be ready by the end of the week.

3. For the current beta testers, if you want to do beta beta testing of chapters 14-16, let me know. Just remember that these chapters are still being worked on. This patch is ready now, just PM me.

Do I want to eat up all my free time? I might as well, so count this as a misguided beta tester application. Though I do play a little differently, so it's up to you~!

Do I want to eat up all my free time? I might as well, so count this as a misguided beta tester application. Though I do play a little differently, so it's up to you~!

Sure thanks for offering to help! I don't have the patch ready yet (hoping by the end of the week) but the testing needed to be done shouldn't be too time consuming hopefully. It's purely game mechanic stuff so you won't have to worry about any edits to the text and can skip it all if you want.

Agh, I wish I could vote for more than one character on each poll :(

Ah well

Also, I was looking around the class guide, and I noticed a class named Vanguard (the one that uses Raven/Linus hero sprite), and I was wondering...

-What does it promote from and who can promote to it?

-Would it better to use a Vanguard over a Hero?

-Will Sol become a Vanguard, and be recruited later on it the story?

Originally the vanguard class was something Roa could promote into back when he was an Axe Fighter in an old build. Now, no one can promote into it, but two characters can reclass into it. Yang is one of them, the other hasn't shown up yet.

The two classes are so similar that I don't know which one is really worth using more. Vanguard has one point more speed if you need it, but otherwise it's a left over class of Roa's, and Roa originally couldn't become a Hero.

Hi, good night, so yeah, i know this thread is about SGW. But since Corrupt thecracy thread is locked...

How do I promote Donovan? I mean, everyone in my party is promoved already and I tried using Hero Crest but nothing...

I really dislike beating the sequel first than the prequel, but I made an exception to your hacks.

Gotta say that CT2 really is helluva better than CT, you really improved pal. Keep up the good work. :-)

Hi, good night, so yeah, i know this thread is about SGW. But since Corrupt thecracy thread is locked...

How do I promote Donovan? I mean, everyone in my party is promoved already and I tried using Hero Crest but nothing...

I really dislike beating the sequel first than the prequel, but I made an exception to your hacks.

Gotta say that CT2 really is helluva better than CT, you really improved pal. Keep up the good work. :-)

Talk to Brammimond in that one chapter where you're fighting against the Holy Triad (Giafred, Cyrus, Zeph)

He should be sitting on the house up north

• 1 month later...

Been playing way too much Fates (thanks to all those involved with the Translation patch!) lately and work has me swamped. I think I'm going to end up cutting down on my original goals for this hack (no two routes and maybe have the whole thing be ~4 chapters smaller) so that there can at least be some kind of final release in the future, but for now, don't expect another update until the spring or summer. I don't want to try and release a final product anytime after Fates.

Personally, I wouldn't cut the amount of chapters. However, I think the goal you have set for now is reasonable, and, if you feel you want to take more time, you could add in those cut chapters, even a smaller alternate route, later on. I still think you should put in everything you've planned, there's no real deadline for this unless you really feel you want to move on from it. I'm really glad you've put in the time to make this for us, and look forward to the next beta. Hang in there, man, and take as much time as you need.

• 4 months later...

So I've been deciding what hacks to play this summer and I've come to remember that I actually promised my subscribers a LP of this hack.

So I'll probably get around to LP'ing it sometime soon!

So I've been deciding what hacks to play this summer and I've come to remember that I actually promised my subscribers a LP of this hack.

So I'll probably get around to LP'ing it sometime soon!

that does sound fine, but as a beta tester i can say that this hack hasn't gotten updated in months, or a new post, so i dunno.

i think the dude is just busy.