[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release 5/22/2022 - 27 Chapters)

Blademaster!

The only problem with that is that if you are going to take less damage, you'd also deal more by default in regards to how the WTA works. Though maybe I'll figure something else out in regards to that.

Jenna is supposed to be better than Evan statically since he has Mana burst. Maybe I could add in some more bonuses for nihil though.

I don't think I've ever read a bronze-age comic before, nor have I played Blazblue lol Charles was a unit I was worried about since Big Shield seems pretty OP. If fliers are really that risky to use in this hack I'll consider buffing him.

I don't think Astrea had the weakness, but maybe she did.

I've been thinking about trying to add in some more skills lately, but none of them would be battle activation skills since those are too complicated for me to try and figure out and I don't really have the time. One skill I think I can implement is "Guts" based on the pokemon skill, where you deal more damage when poisoned. I'm pretty sure that should be easy enough to do.

Charles would be awesome if there weren't so many goddamn bows everywhere man.

I mean there is need for a tank, since why else would anyone use Ulysses past the first part lol.

In Blazblue (Or is it Darkstalkers?) The villain;s name is Pyron and he looks almost exactly like pyron in SGW.

More skills the better, it's one of the best things about this hack imo. Guts sounds really useful since I can never be bothered to heal poison.

No.

pokemon style guts would make the high-HP characters somewhat OP. Ricky would smash shit even harder.

you could make an fe10 colossus style skill that does massive damage based on a strength/2 activation rate, i guess?

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on the chapter with Driscoll and a bug happened.

The 2 ocean seals I had in inventory glitched and turned into 55 use swiftsoles.

using the swiftsoles doesn't break the game.

-14 move Relina. get reckt.

but seriously, that chapter where Kenton and Sakura are first playable is buggy with the reinforcements.

In Blazblue (Or is it Darkstalkers?) The villain;s name is Pyron and he looks almost exactly like pyron in SGW.

pokemon style guts would make the high-HP characters somewhat OP. Ricky would smash shit even harder.

you could make an fe10 colossus style skill that does massive damage based on a strength/2 activation rate, i guess?

It's the boss from darkstalkers, which is indeed a reference to that. Ricky wouldn't have guts as he already has enough skills. I was thinking of at least giving it to Ulysses. I don't know how to make activation skills or I would make colossus.

I'm on the chapter with Driscoll and a bug happened.

The 2 ocean seals I had in inventory glitched and turned into 55 use swiftsoles.

using the swiftsoles doesn't break the game.

-14 move Relina. get reckt.

but seriously, that chapter where Kenton and Sakura are first playable is buggy with the reinforcements.

For some reason beyond my understanding, there being 32 enemies in chapter 11 causes the map sprites to bug out. If there are more or less enemies, things return to normal. The ocean seal glitch is something that hasn't been reported before. Did it happen in chapter 11 or?

Patches for NA FE games will never work with any other region's version.

I'll be sure to add this to the instructions then.

Thanks a lot! I've been excited to play this hack for a while, good to be finally getting to it.

Hope you enjoy it then!

Four minutes into the game and I hear a MMZ4 track. I'm done. I'm just leaving the planet now. This is not reality. Real people wouldn't be cool like that.

You'll be hearing more as it was the soundtrack I was listening to while I was working on the more gruntish nightmare stuff. I hope you like the shop themes!

In other news, I was hoping to get more into chapter 14 today, but for now I'm just up to the point where it's time to do the text. It'll definitely be done over the weekend, but here's a small preview for now.

aMZTCGs.pngyYQRXtk.pngXTWKeca.png

i love how the non-theif/rogue units with the theif personal skill are insanely worth using.

also, if you soft reset the game when Baryl is still an npc, he'll disappear when the game is reloaded

Baryl has the lvl 1 thief skill listed but can't use it.

in the docs, the berserkers are said to have the wrath skill. but this isn't true of the actual game.

germano as a Bishop is gr8.

Edited by Starfox

I'll look into the Baryl issue. I don't believe it should be a problem since there are only supposed to be 8 NPC Baels.

Berserkers do have the wrath skill(just checked and it's working), it just only activates after the first battle their HP goes below half and boosts critical by 25.

Hmmmm, is that a female berserker I see?

I wish.

Yep, it's his. So Blademaster, what's the difference between Berserker and Viking?

The hack comes with a class guide that allows you to see all the differences and stats between classes. Viking's focus on Def and are slower but stronger while Berserkers are faster and have more skill. They also have different skills. (surf and wrath for berserkers vs acrobat and crit+10 for vikings)

I wish.

The hack comes with a class guide that allows you to see all the differences and stats between classes. Viking's focus on Def and are slower but stronger while Berserkers are faster and have more skill. They also have different skills. (surf and wrath for berserkers vs acrobat and crit+10 for vikings)

Well, there is an animation for both female brigand and berserker. But their creator eCut, is nowhere to be found nowadays and didn't make them public. The only one with permission to use the two animations is Klokinator for his FE8CM hack. There's also this, but good luck finding that guy...

Oh, silly me. I didn't notice the class guide. (>.<)

Edited by Blue Druid

Finished playing through!

Thoughts. (don't like uploading shit as it would take 30+ minutes.)

Astrea- Solid competant lord. strength growth sucks, but gets magic swords.

Ulysses- Great unit. One of the few tanks you get early on. i went GK->Holy Knight because whynot.

Katherine- Wo Dao makes her silly good early on. Swordsmaster->Nomad Trooper gives her ASTRA ON A HORSE. This ensures that ANY flier without nullify or fili shield is reamed.

Nell- Solid and never stops being useful in combat and healing. Idk how good she is as a Seraph knight because Holy Knight is soo good with Astra.

Relina- OP if her growths hit the jackpot early on.

Evan- He's pretty damn good because of mana burst coming that early. I tried MK-> Apothecary for reclass shenanigans and he was soooo fun to use.

Mikey- 10/10 best unit.

Beige-so clutch.

Sol-So op.

Yang-Takes care of pesky little things early on.

Jenna- Kinda bland, but that +5% spd growth over Evan and nullify/nihil skills are cool.

Charles- Holy shit this dude is good. Flight, tanky, wtc, and GRIFFON KNIGHT promotion. Although Wyvern Lord is better imo because of its better defense stat boosting his personal skill.

Nicole- Paragon+Dragon blood+decentish growths=good unit.

Derek- Good skills, growths, and HOLY KNIGHT promotion. Loved using him

Oreades- Neato. Got him to VIKING so he could get acrobat and steal things. good at combat too.

Nereid- idk what odd marks does. Thief on a paladin is hilarious though.

Artemis- I guess she's ok, but it'd be nicer if magic swords were her personal skill man.

Roa- Great unit, great promo options. nets a hoplon guard too!

Kirin- essential. takes forever to promote, but has many good options. Depending on if you want a mount or if you want a unique class option in Saint.

Ricky- Bro. He's good, but I'm assuming his value is in a run that has units promote at high levels.

Chrysler- Wrath!Ranger. I like this dude and he shows up as we get more flying enemies.

Germano- Resolve is cool. He's kinda tanky. But why are his promo choices so wierd. The only physical choice you get is halberdier. :/

Baryl- omfg Acrobat as personal skill. He's cool and gets THE CHIEF promo. shame that thief lvl 1 doesn't work on him.

Mirielle- Good, but kinda outclassed by Charles, Nell, Relina, and anyone with a flying promo before her. not bad, but her main selling point is dragon blood and decent personal growths.

Sakura- mana burst eclipse hurts. idk. i guess she's good with summoning.

Kenton- Astra on a nomad trooper is sick.

Daedalus- good unit. gets all the cool promos.

Joanne- Dancer/10

Lily- glass cannon

Clint- idk yet. has to compete with DEREK.

cool hack. i wish Artemis was viable past her thunder sword usage though.

She kinda really wants that spell sword promotion though.

Mirielle and Jenna kinda want a slight buff i guess. Mirielle's outclassed like nobodies business and Jenna gets benced once you hit the battle prep screen lol.

If you could add more skills, how about fe9/10 vantage? just imagine a boss with adept+vantage+swordskill.

Well, there is an animation for both female brigand and berserker. But their creator eCut, is nowhere to be found nowadays and didn't make them public. The only one with permission to use the two animations is Klokinator for his FE8CM hack. There's also this, but good luck finding that guy...

Oh, silly me. I didn't notice the class guide. (>.<)

I see. Thanks for the info! Don't really like FEgirl's berserker animation though.

Finished playing through!

Thoughts. (don't like uploading shit as it would take 30+ minutes.)

Astrea- Solid competant lord. strength growth sucks, but gets magic swords.

Ulysses- Great unit. One of the few tanks you get early on. i went GK->Holy Knight because whynot.

Katherine- Wo Dao makes her silly good early on. Swordsmaster->Nomad Trooper gives her ASTRA ON A HORSE. This ensures that ANY flier without nullify or fili shield is reamed.

Nell- Solid and never stops being useful in combat and healing. Idk how good she is as a Seraph knight because Holy Knight is soo good with Astra.

Relina- OP if her growths hit the jackpot early on.

Evan- He's pretty damn good because of mana burst coming that early. I tried MK-> Apothecary for reclass shenanigans and he was soooo fun to use.

Mikey- 10/10 best unit.

Beige-so clutch.

Sol-So op.

Yang-Takes care of pesky little things early on.

Jenna- Kinda bland, but that +5% spd growth over Evan and nullify/nihil skills are cool.

Charles- Holy shit this dude is good. Flight, tanky, wtc, and GRIFFON KNIGHT promotion. Although Wyvern Lord is better imo because of its better defense stat boosting his personal skill.

Nicole- Paragon+Dragon blood+decentish growths=good unit.

Derek- Good skills, growths, and HOLY KNIGHT promotion. Loved using him

Oreades- Neato. Got him to VIKING so he could get acrobat and steal things. good at combat too.

Nereid- idk what odd marks does. Thief on a paladin is hilarious though.

Artemis- I guess she's ok, but it'd be nicer if magic swords were her personal skill man.

Roa- Great unit, great promo options. nets a hoplon guard too!

Kirin- essential. takes forever to promote, but has many good options. Depending on if you want a mount or if you want a unique class option in Saint.

Ricky- Bro. He's good, but I'm assuming his value is in a run that has units promote at high levels.

Chrysler- Wrath!Ranger. I like this dude and he shows up as we get more flying enemies.

Germano- Resolve is cool. He's kinda tanky. But why are his promo choices so wierd. The only physical choice you get is halberdier. :/

Baryl- omfg Acrobat as personal skill. He's cool and gets THE CHIEF promo. shame that thief lvl 1 doesn't work on him.

Mirielle- Good, but kinda outclassed by Charles, Nell, Relina, and anyone with a flying promo before her. not bad, but her main selling point is dragon blood and decent personal growths.

Sakura- mana burst eclipse hurts. idk. i guess she's good with summoning.

Kenton- Astra on a nomad trooper is sick.

Daedalus- good unit. gets all the cool promos.

Joanne- Dancer/10

Lily- glass cannon

Clint- idk yet. has to compete with DEREK.

cool hack. i wish Artemis was viable past her thunder sword usage though.

She kinda really wants that spell sword promotion though.

Mirielle and Jenna kinda want a slight buff i guess. Mirielle's outclassed like nobodies business and Jenna gets benced once you hit the battle prep screen lol.

If you could add more skills, how about fe9/10 vantage? just imagine a boss with adept+vantage+swordskill.

Astrea always gets str screwed for whatever reason. She has a 40% growth too.

I probably forgot to give Baryl the ability to steal...

Maybe I'll buff Jenna, Ricky, Artemis, and Mirielle then.

As far as new skills go, I can't do ones that would activate in battle. I can only do things where once out of battle, if certain conditions are met, you can get a stat boost of some kind.

Edited by Blademaster!