[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release 5/22/2022 - 27 Chapters)

Blademaster!

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I haven't had the will power/desire to really work on it lately. I think I finished half of chapter 12 and then got distracted by playing other games, work, and other general life things. It's not dead, just going slow.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I currently have some problem trying to patch a FE8 rom using the last release v2.ups. Patching the rom is done successfully but when I open the game, it is just the basic sacred stones game. I have tried with the bugfix.ups drop previously in this forum and it works well. So, I don't know if there is a problem with the latest release or if I have an isolated problem. Can you check the proper functioning of the last version released please ?

3 days ago I started Corrupt Theocracy and I have 2 questions fo you. First: is this hack like CT? (I mean, difficulty etc.) Second: Is the story of this hack conected with CT's? (No spoilers pls, I'm at the second Ch of second part)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, I lied. Patch version 3 is now available: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbzsm57wne4a7v7/v3.zip?dl=0

Due to the changes made, it is best that you start over from the beginning. This will be the last time for any patch you will ever need to do this outside of some grievous change.

This patch allows for play of 14 chapters, the prologue - chapter 13. There are no gaiden chapters. Character recruitment requirements will be posted next sunday.

Please report any bugs not found in the readme here.

And as a word of advice, while the hack isn't too challenging (hard mode may be), I recommend Iron manning this hack at all times. You get plenty of characters and there is no need to stress yourself out over whether you should reset or not.

So about the Bael chapter

Spoiler

It seems that the eventing for the "bad choice" to put it simply aka not warning the chief, doesn't work as I got down to the boss at the bottom and killed all enemy bosses and the chapter does not end. Saving the villages works fine, but the alternate doesn't work.

9 hours ago, msnmllr said:

This game looks great, but for some reason, I cannot patch my copy of SS for this game. Is there a specific rom file I should look to use?

A clean version of the US release of Sacred Stones.

1 hour ago, familyplayer said:

So about the Bael chapter

Reveal hidden contents

It seems that the eventing for the "bad choice" to put it simply aka not warning the chief, doesn't work as I got down to the boss at the bottom and killed all enemy bosses and the chapter does not end. Saving the villages works fine, but the alternate doesn't work.

This should fix it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rf1eq6ynwnf3iea/3.1.zip?dl=0

Apply to clean rom.

Bug fixes:

Fixes issue in chapter 10

Fixes some reinforcements in chapter 13

Hey Blademaster! Love the hack so far. Only one glaring issue I found, and its when I'm trying to promote Artemis. When I use the guiding ring on her, the screen just turns black and essentially freezes. Otherwise, everything else looks great. 

Edited by Mistweaver

2 hours ago, Mistweaver said:

Hey Blademaster! Love the hack so far. Only one glaring issue I found, and its when I'm trying to promote Artemis. When I use the guiding ring on her, the screen just turns black and essentially freezes. Otherwise, everything else looks great. 

The bug seems to be related to characters in classes that don't have a third promotion option glitching out and being unable to promote (characters with only one promotion option can promote safely as well). I will upload either a fixed or not ideal solution for this issue tomorrow.

15 hours ago, Mistweaver said:

This issue should now be fixed in the following patch.

V3.2 changes:

Fixes Lily's default skills to prevent aether freeze bug

Fixes promotion bug

Link here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kr8mvyoc10cw845/3.2.zip?dl=0

Hey blademaster really really loving this hack. Characters seem to fit their niches, difficulty is perfect and the way you get us to manage funds by stealing is really great. There are only two things really that bothered me. First, the absurd cost of healing staves(and some vendors only selling mend). This may lead to players relying on vulneraries or forts.                                                          Secondly, the lore which is wonderful. Great dialogue, but I've not played corrupt theocracy (well played but quit because tbh it was awful op characters).It's a plus point that I try to keep track of what's happening and all without knowing the prior references(the story interests me that much) but maybe you could add like a lore button in the options menu or something. Also, I wonder how you're going to wrap up all the plot points in 25 chapters. But still having a lot of fun with this.

Yeah, the staff cost bothers me a bit too, but you can buy heal staves in the supply armory. I think I'll readjust the costs so that every E rank weapon costs 500G. Mend will probably be expensive though.

I used to have "red text" to support references to characters from the previous game with a supporting lore file, but I'm not sure if that's the best way to connect things. I may write up some new kind of lore documentation again at some point, I'm not sure.

7 hours ago, Blademaster! said:

Yeah, the staff cost bothers me a bit too, but you can buy heal staves in the supply armory. I think I'll readjust the costs so that every E rank weapon costs 500G. Mend will probably be expensive though.

I used to have "red text" to support references to characters from the previous game with a supporting lore file, but I'm not sure if that's the best way to connect things. I may write up some new kind of lore documentation again at some point, I'm not sure.

See blade the thing is heal staves cost 2250G in the supply armory and mend staves cost 2000G when buying it from the vendors. That's totally absurd.