[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release 5/22/2022 - 27 Chapters)

Blademaster!

Again, I took a bit longer than I wanted to, but chaper 10 is mostly done. It just needs the typical touch ups any chapter needs.

N9on4u8.pngvLsyZrp.pngTjjxiFE.png

9zlJ9iA.pngaAuc7Ta.pngcZfoKs0.png

ahb7vTP.pngegqjPdo.pngEHY4Hlk.png

In chapter 10, a very big decision that will affect the whole game lies before you. What that choice is, and the reprocussions you'll face... I haven't actually decided yet :^0 Kinda...

Also I lied about not being able to add in the dragoon and griffon knight, and now there are some other new animations too thanks to the updated animation resource topic.

I think I said this before, but in case I didn't and since I'm too lazy to scroll up, once chapter 13 is done, I'll be working on supports and only supports so that a patch can be released for FEE3.

Also the credits were slightly updated to reflect the new additions.

Edited by Blademaster!

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all of these mugs are so ballin!

Do you make a lot of them?

Thanks, though the ones in your hack are much better!

I believe the mug count for this hack by creator is:

Blademaster: 48

Nayr: 38

Lenh: 11

Toa: 7

Lt.Smirks: 2

TheErrantShepard: 2

Dr. Sholes: 1

ShinyPichu: 1

Singularity: 1

Blackavar: 1

I'd like to use some from the open source gallery, but I'm already using so many public assests that I don't think it's a good idea.

I'd like to use some from the open source gallery, but I'm already using so many public assests that I don't think it's a good idea.

do it! that's what the gallery is there for!

so are you closing in on public release soon?

The current things left for the first public release are:

-Finishing the last two chapters

-play testing them to make sure normal and hard mode are beatable

-beta testing them

-finish the supports for all characters that show up in the first patch

And that's all. I may release it before FEE3, it depends on how progress is going. Supports will take a long time.

Anyway, chapters 11 and 12 are both really short, so 11 is done. 12 will probably be done shortly as well, maybe not. Chapter 11 is a seize mission. It's not too tough in normal mode, but in hard mode it might get really tough.

nQ5AENo.pngjJYTUVp.pngyD9KaHh.png

Zho6tUk.pngGySjm3h.pnglSOsW8V.png

Chapter 12 is done. One more to go and then it'll be time to start getting a patch ready.

Chapter 12 is a seize mission again.

f5qXKKu.pngiftiZKu.png0KknQmS.png

OLMUYSa.png2uknzZ6.pngtjQiJOB.png

XZPMbVX.pngDbVJliR.pngRJZkmz8.png

Chapter 13 will hopefully be done next weekend with betatesting starting the weekend after.

i agree with ghast regarding mugs. unlike most hack projects yours is bearing fruit, and im sure those that have donated their work in the open source would be glad to help, and proud to have their work displayed in your hack.

Edited by jetbeamcantmeltsteelfuel

Thanks for the great feedback as always everyone!

Have some chapter 13 progress screens. The events for the chapter are kinda complete for now.

Baw16WE.pngPGhb4MX.pngzq2QteP.png

dbRaqaZ.pnghUBLXnp.png2eWKN5O.png

For some information about the screens:

Top left: People from the country of Ryu, those with the most pure dragon blood, gain a skill called Dragon's blood which boosts avoid, hit, and crit by 10, but makes them weak against dragon weapons.

Top middle/right: Reclass/branched promotion system in place. When I finish chapter 13, I'll update the main page with more info about this mechanic.

Bottom row: You only get one Manakete (who is still in the process of being balanced) but depending on the kind of dragon stone you use, you'll get various bonuses and slightly different animations.

Hooray! Yet ANOTHER Loli Manakete!

It can't be helped.

Anyway, chapter 13 is done. What needs to be done now before the release of the first patch is all the beta testing and supports, so don't expect any updates again anytime soon.

An official list of what to expect in the first patch and an update/overhaul of the first page will be made over the weekend.

Since I posted some before, there are less screen shots for this chapter.

Y9QJq1O.pngtw42kNJ.pngJQTxRgH.png

3tELin1.pngNsJ9P7a.png7G40Dmx.png

Oh, wow! I wasn't keeping track of this, I didn't know it had been revived and was now a full-on project! It actually looks really cool so far!

The betas I played were very enjoyable, so I'd expect this to become one of the better hacks.

Oh, wow! I wasn't keeping track of this, I didn't know it had been revived and was now a full-on project! It actually looks really cool so far!

Glad you like what you see so far! As I believe I said in the credits, you transcripting Corrupt Theocracy has been a huge help for my work on this so I thank you for that again!

The betas I played were very enjoyable, so I'd expect this to become one of the better hacks.

Speaking of beta testing, I have a small ASM hack I'll try and do over the weekend, but then I can do some initial betatesting so that the real beta testing can hopefully start next weekend. The chapters in part two kinda range in terms of enjoyment with some being good and others being not too good so far IMO. Chapter 9 in particular feels lacking, but I'll wait and see what you guys have to say.

I like the green haired girl with the ponytail

That mug was made by Nayr. I haven't fully fleshed out her character yet since I haven't done her supports, but as a unit she may be too OP right now. She's a pegasus knight for reference.

Glad you like what you see so far! As I believe I said in the credits, you transcripting Corrupt Theocracy has been a huge help for my work on this so I thank you for that again!

So you could keep things good with the continuity? You're welcome, I guess. I could LP it when it's finished, if you even want me to.

So you could keep things good with the continuity? You're welcome, I guess. I could LP it when it's finished, if you even want me to.

It'll be awhile before then, but I'd be happy if you did!

Anyway, I updated the first page in preperation for the first patch. Beta testing is going through its first phase right now before I send it off to the beta testers and begin working on all the supports for the hack (only 1 out of 27 for the patch are done ;_;).

Below is a list of all the skills that will show up in the first patch as far as other news goes:

Skill list:

Acrobat:

Greatly reduce most terrain costs

Adept:

-Occasionally attack twice in a round. Activation % = attack speed + 10

Astra:

-Occasionally attack more than two times in a round. Activation % = skill

Big Shield:

-Take no damage from an attack. Activation % = defense

Canto:

-Gives the ability to remove.

Celerity:

Mov+2

Crit+5:

Boosts critical by 5

Crit+10:

Boosts critical by 10

Crit+15:

Boosts critical by 15

Mana Burst:

Boosts critical by 20

Crit+25:

Boosts critical by 25

Crit+30:

Boosts critical by 30

Dance:

-give ally ability to move again

Dark art:

Hit and crit +10

Dragon blood:

Hit, crit, and avo +10 but weak to dragon slaying weapons

Flier:

-Grants canto and immunity to terrain costs

Hawkeye:

-Hit +15. Occasionally hit = 100% Activation % = skill

Hamon:

The power of the sun is in you hands

Lethality:

-Boosts vision in fog, occasionally deal OHKO's with critical hits, and allow use of thief key

Lvl 1 Thief:

-Boosts vision in fog, allows use of thief key, and stealing

Lvl 2 Thief:

-Boosts vision in fog, pick locks with no key, and stealing

Luna:

-Negate defense/resistance. Activation % = skill

Magic Swords:

Use magic swords

Mantle:

Defense is greatly boosted. Also grants Nihil and Renewal.

Nihil:

Negates luna and sure shot.

Nullify:

negate effective weapons

Odd Marks:

???

Paragon:

Gain EXP faster

Patience:

Avoid +10

Prescience:

Hit +15

Renewal:

-Restore some hp at the start of each turn

Resolve:

When HP below 50%, damage +1/4, 10 hit, 5 crit, 5 avo, and 2 AS. Does not activate mid battle.

Rock Climb:

-Climb cliffs

Summoning:

Summon a phantom or some other monster

Surf:

Walk on water

Transform:

-Use dragon stones

Wrath:

When HP below 50%, crit +25. Does not activate mid battle.

Will there be a page that shows people's skills, or is it like the normal fe8?

The character guide will tell you who has what skill, but in game you can also check the units description to see what skills they have along with how many leadership stars they have.

I guess you're doing these without my skill package?

They're already done. When you release your skill package, I'll switch to using that.