[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release 5/22/2022 - 27 Chapters)

Blademaster!

Beta testing progress has been going very well, however I'm looking to recruit an editor to look over the text.

There are two requirements to be an editor:

1. I have to be familiar with you as a member of SF or FEU

2. You need to know how to read text in a FEditor style format, so something like the below spoiled C support conversation that hasn't been proofread.

[OpenMidRight][LoadFace][0xC4][0x01][OpenMidLeft][LoadFace][0x43][0x01][OpenMidLeft]Hey Astrea, can I ask you something?[A][NL][OpenMidRight]We're kinda in the middle of a battle[NL]right now you know.[A][NL][OpenMidLeft]Well, obviously my question is going to[NL]be related to that![A][NL]Maybe.[A][NL][OpenMidRight]If you can make it quick then.[A][NL][OpenMidLeft]Great! I wanted to know what it's like for[NL]you to be able to move so swiftly?[A][NL][OpenMidRight]How I move so swiftly? I'm not particularly[NL]faster than anyone else here.[A][NL][OpenMidLeft]No, I mean how you're able to just always[NL]keep running without getting exhausted.[A][NL]Even acrobats aren't as nimble as you.[A][NL][OpenMidRight]So you mean why my stamina is so high?[A][NL]It's... an uplifting feeling. I remember[NL]when I couldn't run like I do now.[A][NL]The pain of feeling tired isn't something[NL]I've felt for awhile.[A][NL][OpenMidLeft]To be able to run as endlessly as you is[NL]certainly something I wish I could do.[A][NL][OpenMidRight]Well I also wish I knew how to ride a horse[NL]so we're even![A][NL]Now let's get back to this battle.[A][NL][X]

There will be a lot of text, so be warned if you would like to help out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If everything goes well, the first beta will be released this weekend. It will contain 14 chapters, the prologue to chapter 13, covering the first two parts of the hack. Supports conversations will not be fully implemented.

As far as what needs to be done for the patch to be released, I just need to finish correcting the suggestions by the beta testers.

Forceman started playing with the updated patch after Makalov ran into it, so that S rank bug was fixed either way. He found a different game breaking bug in chapter 13 instead though lol

Edited by Blademaster!

If everything goes well, the first beta will be released this weekend. It will contain 14 chapters, the prologue to chapter 13, covering the first two parts of the hack. Supports conversations will not be fully implemented.

As far as what needs to be done for the patch to be released, I just need to finish correcting the suggestions by the beta testers.

Wow! That's probably the most chapters released in a first beta in the history of FE hacking! Hats off to you m8. Eagerly awaiting your first release!

Wow! That's probably the most chapters released in a first beta in the history of FE hacking! Hats off to you m8. Eagerly awaiting your first release!

I second this

Really excited this might be released over the weekend

Alright then, it's time.

The first Demo of Sun God's Wrath is now available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/55rv89lj0w4dtqn/SGWv1.zip?dl=0

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, READ THE README AND CREDITS!!!!!

The first release contains the first two parts of the hack for a total of 14 chapters. Read the readme for gameplay changes and other things. If you plan on playing hard mode, for your sanity I recommend just doing an Iron man run as it hasn't been play tested yet.

To sum up some stuff from the readme and to express some initial concerns of mine:

1. I am generally very busy. Other than on the weekends, I will not be able to respond to glitches, bugs, and other comments during the week as what little free time I have is generally being spent working on this hack.

2. I am worried that chapters 7 and 11-13 may be too difficult right now. From the beta testing process to the first release, they were the ones with the least amount of testing done, so if they come across as too hard, let me know ASAP and I will make them easier. My apologies if they are too hard, but with how many times I've played this hack everything in this hack is kinda easy for me now.

3. READ THE README!!!!!

4. If you have any questions or concerns not found in the readme, let me know ASAP in this thread.

5. When reporting typos, please just post the screen shot of the scene in question.

I think this should be everything of note, but I apologize if anything is missing. Have fun and enjoy!

This feels so great! Thanks so much to Blademaster for letting me beta test. Even before we started working out kinks, this was a very enjoyable game. I hope you all have a great time with this! There will be a stream of this on Twitch at some point, probably this weekend, for anyone interested.

Thanks for all the support everyone. I hope people are enjoying the hack so far. In progress news, I managed to finish all the battle palettes today, so all that's left is to insert them into the ROM!

So, there's an enemy bishop in chapter one who has a rank in staves, light, axes, AND swords. And one of the cavaliers in my party has all physical weapons. Is this supposed to happen?

Yes, it's a consequence of the weapon lock system needed for reclassing so that classes don't use weapons they're not supposed to and enemies can still use the weapons they need to wield. As you'll see, that cavalier can't use anything but axes.