Fire Emblem Cipher - Rules and Q&A

Dan

Cipher Wiki  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of wiki should Cipher have? Explanations for these choices are in/around post 160

• Serenes Forest wiki
    • Dediciated wikia
    • Either option is fine

Just a couple of questions regarding the game, appreciate any answers.

1) If the opponent has 1 unit in front and several in the rear, can I use an ability (Say Marth) to move the one in front backwards and cause an immediate forced march so that my front line range 1 cards can reach them?

2) Does Male Robin and Female Robin count as the same character?

3) For SR Ogma's passive, does the 100 power requirement include the support?

Thanks!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, people were already expecting this would be today's update.

What's her card title? It's possibly the opposite of Sakura's. (Which I have as "Benevolent War Priestess" at the moment)

Edit: I'm told it's "Star of Dark Heavens"

Edited by Tuvillo

So it seems like that character's who'll be waiting for the Invisible Kingdom deck are,

Kaze, Silas, Asyura, Izana, Mozume, Crimson, Yukimura, Shigure, Deere, Sophie, Midoriko, Shinonome, Kisaragi, Kinu, Hisame, Mitama, Flora, Siegbert, Ignis, Velour, Lutz, Eponine, Fuuga, and Ganz.

Way more than I thought would be skipped.

AAAH! FINALLY OBORO'S CARDS!!

One is a normal card! the other sounds a bit hard to get (it's a holo card, right? ) I hope to get both of her cards, they look awesome... Actually all the cards look so cool and bdss! And I wasn't expecting Grey's card to be part of series 2, I knew about Foleo's card but didn't think he was in too!

Oh man, now I can't wait to receive my box! I probably will receive my package next month mmm...

Yeah, the other Oboro is an R/holo. You get one R or SR per pack, 12 Rs in a box. We do have a trading/selling thread so if you don't manage to pull it, someone may be willing to trade it for a different card or sell it to you. :)

Kinda weird who was left out and who was put in. Foleo over Silas? Really odd. I like them both, don't get me wrong, but still weird.

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Series_2_Card_Gallery

I uploaded images of every card to the wiki, as you can see. So hopefully it can be easier to make the entries for when translations are available. Corrin (male) SR is "B02-001.png" and the rest follow a similar naming pattern. If anyone finds images of the cards that are at least of equal quality to those minus the "sample", please replace the image or notify someone to do it.

The Starter exclusives are lower costed promotions of the royal family, though, so no Silas/Kaze, unless there are more exclusives I'm not aware of.

EDIT: Also, the second effect of the cost 1 Foleo. Is it "this unit is treated as also having the female affinity at all times" like I suspect it is? If so, that's...actually kinda super funny lol. Pop that card in a harem deck :P

Edited by FutureKnightX

The Starter exclusives are lower costed promotions of the royal family, though, so no Silas/Kaze, unless there are more exclusives I'm not aware of.

EDIT: Also, the second effect of the cost 1 Foleo. Is it "this unit is treated as also having the female affinity at all times" like I suspect it is? If so, that's...actually kinda super funny lol. Pop that card in a harem deck :P

Yes, 1Foleo is always treated as a girl, due to his character setting.

Edited by Nanaka

It actually makes sense that both-route characters will not yet be available. The starter decks are faction aligned.

Some are, though. Felicia/Joker were revealed not too long ago (even though they took sides in the card game). Even though Kamui is a both-routes character, one iteration is for Nohr and the other for Hoshido.

Wouldn't surprise me if Kaze's on Hoshido's side and Silas is on Nohr's side in the trial decks. Or maybe this is Cipher's way of saying "we'll probably make another Fates expansion later".

Okay, I officially have entries for every card that I got both a clear image and translation for entered into the wiki. This includes promos (like those Corrins above). I know I have some info missing (like artist, title, and quote) along with minor mistakes (not familiar with Fates classes). I plan to fix those in time or someone else can do it. If I have done mistakes in effects and such, please point them out or fix them yourself. If you know of a translation of a card that has a clear image and the entry is not on the wiki, please notify me. If you know of any clear images without "sample" on them, please notify me. I have yet to see clear images of the starter deck exclusive cards besides the Corrin cards. All booster set 2 cards have clear images and have already been uploaded onto the wiki.

Just wanna be super clear on what is going on and what I require. Also, what is everyone's stance on adding an "ability3" to the template? It can replace "supportskill". I ask because of this guy:

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Jakob_(Cipher)

Well, the card itself was four skills, but said it was two abilities. The last three were lumped together under the "100 Anna Sisters" ability name. I'm actually a proponent for replacing "supportskill" with "ability3" since only cost 1 units have the former while those same units will likely not get more than two abilities in addition to their support skill.

Also, forgot to ask earlier, but what is Ike's skill? Here is his card for reference:

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/File:P02-001.png

He seems to be using a new keyword involving levels (I see "lv5" and then a Japanese character). I wanna say his skill is that if he's at level 5, he gets +10 power. And getting to level 5 requires him to win 2 battles. That is my best guess. His support skill is likely allowing the attacker to break 2 orbs as how all the other lord cards work, provided they are the same color as him. The text seems the same to me.

Ike, Youngster of the Mercenaries (Male, Sword, 40/20/1)

“Young Leader” (LvS2) / CONT / This unit gains 10 attack. (This effect is active if this unit's stack is at least 2 cards) /// "Hero Emblem" / ATK SUPP / If your attacking unit is Green, it destroys two Orbs instead of one this battle.

"LvS" should be Levelup Skill, and the mechanic allows for infinitely overpowered effects behind gateways that aren't Bonds.

In this case, if you have MC Ike, you can spend your first turn "Levelling up" to level 1, so that he goes to 50.

I have every card and image, btw. The Starter Deck cards are on the database as well. http://fecipher.jp/cards/ST0004.html

http://fecipher.jp/cards/ST0003.html

I'm not sure how I can easily send you my data, but if you have Lackey you can look up fully translated cards on there.

Edited by Tuvillo

Alright, thanks for the links! I'll get to uploading those after I get some sleep! I'll look into Lackey, but not making any guarantees one way or the other, as I'm not sure how it works and if I can do it or not.

As for Ike, if I have this right: you can "upgrade" him (unpromoted version placed on top of him, maybe even same exact card) and the ability would be active? Since it counts both the unit and all cards under him? Also, that makes sense, as my guess as to the ability would require some method of keeping track of the ability and they're making it like the Bushi games in that all you need is a deck of cards to play and no outside peripherals (coin, die, counters, etc.) needed. The ability is rather interesting and makes use of that little known and rarer to be used mechanic of making a stack of cards of a character by upgrading and promoting.

Well, even now, we're stacking cards. All you need to know is how many cards are under him.

Also, here's a list of all cards, sorted by color. (With the structure deck cards and promos at the bottom)

You can use these for the translations. Not all card names are pretty, but everything should be correct.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d5cu68aqfc9q6yp/Cipher%209-19.xls?dl=0

Edit: Does someone have the translated decklists for the starters? I only have the cards included, not their numbers.

Edited by Tuvillo

Yeah, the other Oboro is an R/holo. You get one R or SR per pack, 12 Rs in a box. We do have a trading/selling thread so if you don't manage to pull it, someone may be willing to trade it for a different card or sell it to you. :)

Awww, thanks! But too bad I live too far from all of yours, so it would be more hard to make a trade or similar... Also, I will receive my cards until half next month :S

Btw, I saw in twitter these pictures of some cards without the "SAMPLE" mark and the cards text:

Charlotte: okome_di

Joker & Marx: kuma_yan

PS: A little request for the ones who already have the cards... ¿Can someone please scan the cards of Leon, Takumi and Oboro? I just want the pictures while I'm waiting for my box :sob:

Edited by SniperGYS