Fire Emblem Cipher - Rules and Q&A

Dan

Cipher Wiki  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of wiki should Cipher have? Explanations for these choices are in/around post 160

• Serenes Forest wiki
    • Dediciated wikia
    • Either option is fine

Does the destroyed orb by your own card go to your hand or to the retreat area (example with the B02-062SR Elise). Also can you only heal during your action phase if the card doesnt specify anything?.

Also when a card says it affect all allies or tap 1 ally, does that include the card itself (for example the Fem Corrin B02-051SR  or Alm B09-002N)

Edited by Gonzak

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Gonzak said:

Does the destroyed orb by your own card go to your hand or to the retreat area (example with the B02-062SR Elise). Also can you only heal during your action phase if the card doesnt specify anything?.

Also when a card says it affect all allies or tap 1 ally, does that include the card itself (for example the Fem Corrin B02-051SR  or Alm B09-002N)

All destroyed Orbs always go to your hand, unless stated otherwise.

You can only heal in the action phase if the effect itself is an action skill (the red icon) - All "Heal"s do that, but theres heals that work in different phases of the game like B02-062SR Elise.

All allies refers to all your units. Tap an ally in Alm's case does include the card itself, otherwise it would says Tap another ally.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, i have a few questions about the yellow cards.

1) Ethlyn B06-010R, Altena B08-091SR and Deidre B06-004SR give you the option to flip up one of your face down bonds. Does this count as a bond being placed in the bond area? Seeing as some bonds only go off when they are placed in the bond area (like Patty B08-080N).

2) Sigurd S08-001ST gives a boost to all forwards if a copy of him is face up in the bond area. If during a attack Sigurd is removed (by Ike B05-089SR Aether effect) does his boost still count?

16 hours ago, 341 said:

1) Ethlyn B06-010R, Altena B08-091SR and Deidre B06-004SR give you the option to flip up one of your face down bonds. Does this count as a bond being placed in the bond area? Seeing as some bonds only go off when they are placed in the bond area (like Patty B08-080N).

2) Sigurd S08-001ST gives a boost to all forwards if a copy of him is face up in the bond area. If during a attack Sigurd is removed (by Ike B05-089SR Aether effect) does his boost still count?

1) Flipping something face-up or face-down does not count as placing a card in your Bond Area, no.
2) As Sigurd is no longer on the field, Paladin's Crest, a Continuous Skill, would cease to be active.

Good day to all of you,

my question is this, i was playing with a friend using the lackey program, and he used Selkie against me, i went  to the Web Page and it states that her skill is: 

"Let’s Play Together!" CONT While the number of allies and enemy units is exactly 5, this unit gains +10 attack.

Lackey and FireEmblemVIT on the other hand states:

"Lets play together!" / CONT / While there are 5 or more units on the field, this unit gains 10 attack. 

Sooo which one is the correct one? the one on the page or the one on the programs?

Thank you all for all the help 

So I got a SR (pretty sure that's right) Sothe card a couple days ago in a booster box. I heard that the chances for that are like one in four of a box. What are the other rarities and what are the chances of getting them in a box?

Signed Rare (or Super Rare?), Rare, and Common. But I think there's four versions aren't there? Signed ones, gold boxed shiny ones, normal shiny ones, and then commons. Just need help with my limited knowledge of official stuff.

Series 5 and onward:

• SR - 4 per box (1/4 chance of pulling per pack, approximate)
  • R - 11 per box (3/4 chance of pulling per pack, approximate)
  • + - 1 per 16-pack booster box, can be either R or SR. Pull rates generally imply that ~25% chance it will be an SR+, and ~75% chance it will be an R+. (3/4 chance of pulling per pack, approximate, for any + card; 1/64 for SR+ or 3/64 for R+)
  • HN - 3 per pack
  • N - 6 per pack

Generally speaking, all cards of the same rarity have the same pull rates as each other, but the secret +X cards seem to be a bit more common than other R+ cards.

For sets 1~4, you always got 4 SRs and 12 Rs and if you got a + card it would simply take up one of those rarity slots. The biggest difference is regarding SR+ cards; now if you pull an SR+ you effectively get 5 SRs in a box, whereas previously you'd only get 4 even if one was a +. There also used to be more Ns compared to HNs, I believe a 7/2 split instead of the 6/3 split we have now.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have been playing for a while now and I had a quick question on the Starter Deck Exclusive Ike card.Does his Liberation Sortie skill activate whenever I growth an ally for example with the cost 1 Elincia? I ask this question because on the cost 1 Elincia card that whenever I growth a unit, that ally counts as being leveled up. But Ike's Liberation Sortie activates when an ally unit levels up(which technically does not happen when you growth with Elincia). 

Sorry if this was confusing. I can reword it later if you would like.

Thanks for reading!

5 hours ago, PsychoticStorm8 said:

I have been playing for a while now and I had a quick question on the Starter Deck Exclusive Ike card.Does his Liberation Sortie skill activate whenever I growth an ally for example with the cost 1 Elincia? I ask this question because on the cost 1 Elincia card that whenever I growth a unit, that ally counts as being leveled up. But Ike's Liberation Sortie activates when an ally unit levels up(which technically does not happen when you growth with Elincia). 

Brave Crimean General, Ike's Liberation Sortie does not, in fact, activate when you Growth a unit.
Remember that Growthing a unit, as you have mentioned with Lone Heiress, Elincia's Warm Encouragement involves placing a card UNDER it, while Leveling Up, which is the trigger for Ike's Liberation Sortie, involves placing a card ON TOP OF the unit.
As this is how a Level Up is defined, Class Changing is also treated as Leveling Up (however, Leveling Up is not treated as Class Changing).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have two questions regarding the new Nohr/Hoshido cards like class changed Kana or Shigure:

1.- Do you need both white and black colors in your bond area to deploy/class change them?

2.- Do they count as BOTH colors if they are in the bond area, or only one at the time?

5 hours ago, Sevatar_VIII said:

Hi, I have two questions regarding the new Nohr/Hoshido cards like class changed Kana or Shigure:

1.- Do you need both white and black colors in your bond area to deploy/class change them?

2.- Do they count as BOTH colors if they are in the bond area, or only one at the time?

As they possess the insigniae of Hoshido AND Nohr, you do need both insigniae in your Bond Area. Conversely, they also act as both. Isn't that nice?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

So I am focusing on a mono-green deck and I have been using Geoffrey as my main lord. But I was just wondering if his rallying skill stacks with each growth or level up stacks. According to Serenes Forest, it implies that it stacks but according to this website:https://fecipher.jp/howto/errata/, the english translation is not really clea and it could mean both things.

Thanks for reading,

PsychoticStorm8

Edited by PsychoticStorm8

1 hour ago, PsychoticStorm8 said:

Hi,

So I am focusing on a mono-green deck and I have been using Geoffrey as my main lord. But I was just wondering if his rallying skill stacks with each growth or level up stacks. According to Serenes Forest, it implies that it stacks but according to this website:https://fecipher.jp/howto/errata/, the english translation is not really clea and it could mean both things.

Thanks for reading,

PsychoticStorm8

It does stack, but for each different ally. So if an ally levels up and is growthed in the same turn, it only applies the +10 once. Needs to be different / separate ally units.

2 hours ago, Vespinae said:

Did the witch Corrin card come out yet?

Yeah, it's in the S10 tournament promo packs. Might still be a bit rare until more tournaments are hosted, though.

Hi, 

Got a few ruling questions. 

Would units like promoted Skrimir which have effects that read "your allied ______" affect themselves or would the effect apply to everyone but them.

Also not sure what the interaction is between Hardin 5 and units who cannot be destroyed by a skill's cost or effect like Gunter 4. Would you be able to target gunter for the cost of Hardin's effect and the effect go through but just keep Gunter 4 or would you not be able to target him for the cost in the first place because he cannot be destroyed? Still on the topic of units that cannot be destroyed, indestructible units grabbed by Selkie 3 would still die at the end of the turn because they cannot use their skills right?

Thanks for any responses.

2 hours ago, Malice74 said:

Hi, 

Got a few ruling questions.

Hello. Hi.

Would units like promoted Skrimir which have effects that read "your allied ______" affect themselves or would the effect apply to everyone but them.

If the skill states 'other allied units', then the skill affects all units besides the owner of the skill. 'Your allied (fang) units' implies all fang allies (which includes himself yes).

Also not sure what the interaction is between Hardin 5 and units who cannot be destroyed by a skill's cost or effect like Gunter 4. Would you be able to target gunter for the cost of Hardin's effect and the effect go through but just keep Gunter 4 or would you not be able to target him for the cost in the first place because he cannot be destroyed? Still on the topic of units that cannot be destroyed, indestructible units grabbed by Selkie 3 would still die at the end of the turn because they cannot use their skills right?

You can't target Gunter4 because he can't be destroyed. Uh... yeah Selkie 3 units still die because their skills aren't applied.

Hey guys, I have a question about B10-066R Asugi's skill Task in the Shadows "When you deploy another ally, if all of your allies have Shuriken, draw 1 card."

Does this skill activate with a promotion/level up (assuming they're a shuriken user as well)?

3 hours ago, TheRJKid said:

Hey guys, I have a question about B10-066R Asugi's skill Task in the Shadows "When you deploy another ally, if all of your allies have Shuriken, draw 1 card."

Does this skill activate with a promotion/level up (assuming they're a shuriken user as well)?

The difference between deployment and Leveling Up/Class Changing is important! Here's a bit of a refresher:
Leveling Up and Class Changing are NOT deploying a unit. (Because, you know, you're not deploying a new unit, you're powering up an already existing one.)
Class Changing is also treated as Leveling Up, as by definition, Leveling Up is just placing a card on top of another card on the field. 
Leveling Up is not the same as Class Changing, as Class Changing involves placing a card with a PROMOTION Cost on top of another card on the field. (This distinction allows for you to draw a card when you Class Change a unit, but not when Leveling Up a unit.)
Similarly, Growthing and Leveling Up are two different things. Remember that Growthing is placing a card UNDER another card on the field, while Leveling Up places a card ON TOP OF another card on the field.

• 2 weeks later...

Given the Faye that has been revealed today I'd like to double check something. If you already have a given unit out and you'd like to Level Up said unit with a card from your hand that has a promotion cost you DO have the option of choosing to ignore the promotion cost and pay the "regular" one to place the aforementioned promotion on top of the aforementioned unit, right?

Also, that would obviously count as a Level Up but would using the "regular" cost also count as a Class Change?

10 hours ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Given the Faye that has been revealed today I'd like to double check something. If you already have a given unit out and you'd like to Level Up said unit with a card from your hand that has a promotion cost you DO have the option of choosing to ignore the promotion cost and pay the "regular" one to place the aforementioned promotion on top of the aforementioned unit, right?

Also, that would obviously count as a Level Up but would using the "regular" cost also count as a Class Change?

Unfortunately, no, you MUST use the Promotion Cost. As the rules go, you use the Promotion Cost instead, which means you get to play this card... a turn LATER than usual. Sorry, you can't have your Orb removal that easily.

Hello, I have some questions:
1) Is it possible to play an unpromoted card over another card of the same cost?
I mean, if I have the B03-003HN cost 1 Ike, can I play another one on top of him to to get his LvS2 ability?
2) Same as above but with units that have a promotion cost, like the B02-082N cost 3/2 Gunter.
2.1) Am I allowed to draw a card if I do this?
3) If I use an ability tha allows me to deploy an unit, like the B10-001SR cost 5/4 Leif, And I already have an unpromoted copy of one of the cards I want to deploy on the field, can I place it on top and perform a class change? or am I simply not allowed to play that card?

Thanks for your time!