Ragefest IV: Trolls & Tribulations

MarkyJoe1990

I agree with Klokinator, I wanna see your rage-induced hatred and bashing of its terribleness!

But a clean and calm winning run would be good to watch too. Though personally I'm more towards blind.

You could also do what you did for that one... Oh shoot I can't remember what it was, but there was one episode of something when you were shifting in and out of post commentary and blind commentary and it worked pretty well imo.

Edited by Ritisa

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since its a ragefest, people would expect just about anything from your video, so blind would be good however I am liking the extra side videos you have going because its extra content we choose to see. I know you are not trying to make these videos dreadfully long but keep in mind a hour long video for ragefest is kind of the norm based off of past submissions so I wouldn't really stress too much about that.

That video was glorious (as promised). As for part 2, I would say go with the blind footage, I think.

Or go with something like : ~15 min of your blind footage then a winning run with post commentary and finally the blind footage again for the ending.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90598329/superragefest4-alusq-entry1%2C1.zip

Here's a download link to Trapped in Painful Places if anyone else wants to play it, or if you want the Marc animation which is included with it (or anything else you'd like to rip using FEditor (spoiler alert)). I was going to make some fixes addressing some issues for the public release and include the fixed version along with the version as Marc played it, but I'm not wasting one more second of my free time on something that is inextricably bad.

Edited by Alusq

Wait.

After re-doing it because of what happened in P2 (I'm sure Marky is gonna refer to it, so no spoilers), when I killed Sqawl again, nothing happened, and I couldn't get to part 2. Is it because Lowen killed him with the Brave Axe?

EDIT : It doesn't matter who kills him. How does the event trigger?

Edited by Nintales

i love the emblem warriors hack... it makes me wish it was its own hack series. id play the hell out of it. maybe Ephraim could make it its own series? '3' i hope so. cause that game is so genious.

or if you want the Marc animation which is included with it

Oh good was gonna PM you about this. IT'S ABOUT TIME Marc had his own animation.

It's funny because in RF3, only PwnageKirby, FElover, and I had Marc as a playable character. In the end, my rendition of him as a knight and her rendition of him as a mage were kinda competing, and it looks like people preferred the mage/sage. FElover also had him as an archer, and despite WINNING the contest, I still think it was the final power animation in PK's ragefest that determined his canon class. It was just too cool.

(Inb4 I forgot another submission)

But yeah, was Marc even a playable character in any ragefest until RF3? I don't recall anything.

Ohhh, I missed that. Let's be honest though, "Fag Lance" wouldn't have worked well as Fag Fire". Or would it...

I should be clear though, the only reason I made him a knight was because I deemed it to be the weakest possible class. I wanted him to have stupid high CON and be unrescuable except by one unit, and I wanted him to be utterly terrible except for one inexplicable redeeming quality. Most of the jokes were about how terrible he was, when ironically he was the best unit in the game.

Edited by Klokinator

While we're on the topic, I just played PwnageKirby's submission. It's pretty great, however I anticipate based on the HUGE number of mechanics alterations and things you'll have to get used to (You will seriously not expect much of anything to be the same after 10 minutes with it) that her submission will likely be the longest submission ever played in a ragefest to date. While I'd like to say you should play hers last for that reason, I also feel like playing it as soon as possible to give all of her parts a fair viewing chance is also a good idea. Otherwise considering the length, she'll have the least exposure by contest end, for sure. (Although I guarantee it will generate some serious buzz/ragefest views either way)

Seriously though, this one is even cooler than I originally anticipated, and lots of hilarious and rage inducing twists. 1 hour made me lose some sanity.

I might change my mind in the future, but for now, I'm sticking to my guns. I'm sure it's great though. Out of all the contestants, I think Pwnage knows the most about what I'm looking for in the contest. She's around me all the time. DX

To be fair, Marc played the original, so he shouldn't have a ton more to learn besides weapon and item skills (which are admittedly a big deal, but it's less than what all you had to deal with going in)

Assuming he remembers, so hopefully by the end of the other submissions he'll be too traumatized to remember~