2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah, the rams coming back is definitely welcome. we love our basketball, but that's not to say we don't also love our football. college ball is a big deal, so the nfl is too.

Is there much of a point to having the Chargers move to LA when the Rams just did? Might as well spread the teams out a bit, rather than have all 4 teams in basically 2 city-areas.

No, because Dean Spanos is a moron. The Raiders leaving CA might be good for them, given that CA teams this year have been shit aside from the Raiders, and their curse broke Carr's leg.

No, because Dean Spanos is a moron. The Raiders leaving CA might be good for them, given that CA teams this year have been shit aside from the Raiders, and their curse broke Carr's leg.

I heard a rumor about the Raiders heading to St Louis, but that might have been wishful thinking on St Louis's part.

fuck the chargers; go back to wherever isn't los angeles

yeah fuck the ram. we should return to wherever the fuck isn't la.

fuck spanos. WHY SHOULD THE CITY PAY FOR THE STADIUM OF A BILLIONAIRE.

ughhhh.

The Pats won, of course, so COME ON STEELERS. We need Ben vs Brady! It sucked not having that last time the two teams met! And I know Ben really wanted to play that game too and he can get his chance this time. Don't fuck this up, man!

I'm rooting for the Packers too. Fuck the Cowboys. And the Steelers would remain the team with the most Super Bowl wins. :D

Edited by Anacybele

BEN VS BRADY WOO!!

Not getting my hopes up TOO high for the Steelers winning tho. I believe they can win, but still.

Our guy Boswell is the newest Killer B lol. I definitely think he's a Justin Tucker-level kicker now! He has two 6-FG games this season with most of those scores being 40+ yards. And he snapped a post-season record that originally belonged to, yep, Justin Tucker! lol (though it's not all that meaningful. :P)

We need TDs to beat the Brady Bunch, though!

To be honest, none of the teams really appeal to me in this playoff class.  I guess I was sort of rooting for the Raiders, since my father in law is a Raiders fan, and I think he's trying to turn my son into one.

As a sorta Bears fan, I'm obligated to root against the Packers, and the Patriots have so many cheating scandals, that I always want them to lose.  

It's funny how many former Rams fans turned against them as soon as they moved.

I do admit that one reason the Steelers won is that the Chiefs screwed themselves over a couple times. :P I mean, between Travis Kelce being a dumbass (shoving Ross Cockrell to the ground like that, lolwut. Not to mention dropping a big pass) and having a holding call take away a 2-pt conversion, yeah, they fucked up. lol

I liked our defense for the most part though! They could've done a little better, but it was an overall solid performance!

Edited by Anacybele

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Our guy Boswell is the newest Killer B lol. I definitely think he's a Justin Tucker-level kicker now! He has two 6-FG games this season with most of those scores being 40+ yards. And he snapped a post-season record that originally belonged to, yep, Justin Tucker! lol (though it's not all that meaningful. :P)

He's definitely not.

For one, he's 21/25 on field goals this season; Tucker is 38/39 with a single field goal block by the Patriots. Tucker's last 6 FG game involved a 61 yard game winner. Furthermore, Boswell's long is 51; Tucker's long is 61, and Tucker's 28/40 (70%, with being perfect this past season) on 50+ whereas Boswell is 2/4 (50%). Tucker is also 48/53 (90.6%) from 40-49 whereas Boswell is 20/24 (83.3%), both on their career.

Anyway, Pats/Falcons Super Bowl I guess, it'st he lesser of four poisons.

2 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

He's definitely not.

He definitely is. You have your numbers wrong, Boswell has only missed one time all season, as stated during the Miami game when he missed that extra point. That one miss was vs Miami and it was in Heinz Field which is the hardest stadium to kick in. Also, 83% and 90% isn't that big a difference and Tucker has been around longer. I reckon Boswell's percentage will go up a bit in due time.

Edited by Anacybele

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/17372/chris-boswell

I count four misses in 2016. A 7% difference in field goal % is around 3 field goals during the regular season which is pretty big, especially since both have relatively large sample sizes. On the season, it's 84% vs 98%!

Also it's pretty hard to increase percentage, mathematically speaking, because adding 1 to the numerator AND denominator has a smaller effect than adding one to the denominator but not adding one to the numerator. He could get better, but his field goal% is actually down from last year.

Edited by Lord Raven

One season doesn't matter as much as the entire career. Even the best players will have some seasons end up being better than others. You also have to keep in mind that Boswell has to kick in Heinz Field more often than any other kicker and like I said, that's the hardest stadium to kick in. I bet he'd have a more similar percentage otherwise.

And I guess the commentators were wrong during the Miami game, unless they only meant extra points.

Edited by Anacybele