2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

...A WR?

A WR??

A WR?!

Dude, we don't need any of those, we've got a whole pack of WR weapons already! We need a safety and TE more than that! Just...what. The first two picks were defense guys, good, yeah, but this just makes no sense to me...

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, some Steelers fans think the Ravens were trying to keep us from getting that TE, but the Steelers probably intended to get Golson anyway. CB was our biggest need and immediately had to be addressed. TE can wait a bit.

I'd still like an explanation behind choosing a WR before picking up even a TE, let alone a safety though. I'm still facepalming. :facepalm:

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, some Steelers fans think the Ravens were trying to keep us from getting that TE, but the Steelers probably intended to get Golson anyway. CB was our biggest need and immediately had to be addressed. TE can wait a bit.

I'd still like an explanation behind choosing a WR before picking up even a TE, let alone a safety though. I'm still facepalming. :facepalm:

I think we took the CB you're targetting. Maybe that was Telesco's plan. To screw over a team, and maybe trade them for picks.

EDIT: THE MORE I THINK ABOUT IT MAYBE WE DRAFTED CRAIG MAGER AS A STRONG SAFETY. AS I WATCH HIM HE IS VERY PHYSICAL. FAST AND EXPLOSIVE. HE COULD ALSO BE A FUTURE STARTER AFTER MENTORING FROM VERRETT AND FLOWERS. I'D LOVE TO SEE HIM AS STRONG SAFETY.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

Pretty sure we leapfrogged the Steelers because the Steelers were definitely going after him because of how old Miller/Spaeth are AND because this dude is actually pretty talented.

https://youtu.be/7s-wFckz_G0?t=2m45s

Homeboy just hurdled two motherfuckers and broke the plane.

EDIT: Hey Randa, could you check my positions for a bunch of the Linemen? I really don't know who the majority of these drafted players are (that includes all of the skill guys) so I really don't want to look into what position they play. It looks like a bunch of the OLBs/DEs are edge rushers, but I kept the ones I was iffy about as one position.

Edited by Lord Raven

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - QB Jameis Winston - Florida State
2. Tennessee Titans - QB Markus Mariota - Oregon
3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Edge Rusher Daunte Fowler Jr. - Florida (Good)
4. Oakland Raiders - WR Amari Cooper - Alabama
5. Washington Redskins - OT Brandon Scherff - Iowa (Guard most likely)
6. New York Jets - DE/DT Leonard Williams - USC (He'll be a DE when they run a 4-3, but a DT when they run a 3-4 most likely, problem is bowles switches it around to definitively say if hes one or another)
7. Chicago Bears - WR Kevin White - West Virginia
8. Atlanta Falcons - Edge Rusher Vic Beasley - Clemson (Good)
9. New York Giants - OT Ereck Flowers - Miami (Good)

10. St. Louis Rams - RB Todd Gurley - Georgia

11. Minnesota Vikings - CB Trae Waynes - Michigan State
12. Cleveland Browns - DT Danny Shelton - Washington (NT think vince wilfork, cant play him anywhere else)
13. New Orleans Saints - OT Andrus Peat - Stanford (Good)
14. Miami Dolphins - WR Devante Parker - Louisville
15. San Diego Chargers (from SF) - RB Melvin Gordon - Wisconsin
16. Houston Texans - CB Kevin Johnson - Wake Forest
17. San Francisco 49ers (from SD) - DE Arik Armstead - Oregon (Good)
18. Kansas City Chiefs - CB Marcus Peters - Washington
19. Cleveland Browns (from BUF) - OG - Cameron Erving - Florida State (Flex, can and very well might play any position on the o-line)
20. Philadelphia Eagles - WR Nelson Agholor - USC
21. Cincinnati Bengals - OT Cedric Ogbuehi - Texas A&M (Might move inside, might not. Them picking another tackle in the second makes me a bit hesitant saying where he'll play)
22. Pittsburgh Steelers - Edge Rusher Bud Dupree - Kentucky (Good)
23. Denver Broncos (from DET) - DE Shane Ray - Missouri (Good)
24. Arizona Cardinals - OT DJ Humphries - Washington (Good)
25. Carolina Panthers - LB Shaq Thompson - Washington
26. Baltimore Ravens - WR Breshad Perriman - UCF
27. Dallas Cowboys - CB Byron Jones - Connecticut
28. Detroit Lions (from DEN) - OG Laken Tomlinson - Duke (Good)
29. Indianapolis Colts - WR Phillip Dorsett - Miami
30. Green Bay Packers - SS Damarious Randall - ASU
31. New Orleans Saints (from SEA) - ILB Stephone Anthony - Clemson
32. New England Patriots - DT Malcom Brown - Texas (NT probably, definitely take the nose position in a 4-3, he's really the only one on our current rooster that i can see playing NT in a 3-4)

That what you meant?

Pretty sure we leapfrogged the Steelers because the Steelers were definitely going after him because of how old Miller/Spaeth are AND because this dude is actually pretty talented.

https://youtu.be/7s-wFckz_G0?t=2m45s

Homeboy just hurdled two motherfuckers and broke the plane.

Yeah, I heard about how talented he is, but if Hines Ward could play receiver until he was 36, Heath Miller and Matt Spaeth can stick around a bit longer. Miller is 33, Spaeth is 32. Besides, guess who got an unintended two point conversion and later a TD pass against your Ravens defense? Matt Spaeth. lol

And we still needed a CB way more because of Ike Taylor's retirement and how sucky our secondary's been outside of William Gay and Brice McCain, the latter of which left via free agency.

Edited by Anacybele

Panthers got an o-line guy, yesss.

I also just thought earlier, maybe the Steelers picked a WR in round 3 because Lance Moore couldn't be re-signed and they want some new depth in case AB/Wheaton/Bryant gets hurt? It's all I can think of and does actually make some sense now that I think about it.

EDIT: Steelers picked up another CB, woo woo! :D They say they could move this guy Doran Grant to safety too, so a guy that can play EITHER of our most needed positions is alright in my book!

EDIT2: The Ravens of all teams wound up with THREE picks in round 4 alone? Man, that blows...

EDIT3: Aaand there's our TE. He shares his whole name with another famous guy. lol Jesse James. XD But can he rival that TE the Ravens bagged? Hope so.

Edited by Anacybele

FINALLY WE GET AN OLB.

THIS GUY HITS HARD.

IN TT WE TRUST.

I THINK TT WANTS TO TAKE ALL THE HARD HITTERS ON DEFENSE.

NOW TT GET US A DE, AND GET THE UDFA LA-EL COLLINS.

EDIT: At this point I trust all of TT's decisions. I will no longer question his decisions as a 3rd year GM.

Sounds like our offense will have some challenges ahead when my Steelers face your Chargers. :P

The Panthers picked up another LB and an RB this round. Not bad at all! I forgot that my Steelers now have DeAngelo Williams, so the Panthers needed to get somebody to fill his spot next to Jonathan Stewart. And these LBs next to Luke Kuechly...can't wait to see that. :o

DE Leterrius Walton and LB Anthony Chickillo in round 6! Keep building a new Steel Curtain. :D

We got two picks this time because the second was one of those compensatory picks.

Sounds like our offense will have some challenges ahead when my Steelers face your Chargers. :P

The Panthers picked up another LB and an RB this round. Not bad at all! I forgot that my Steelers now have DeAngelo Williams, so the Panthers needed to get somebody to fill his spot next to Jonathan Stewart. And these LBs next to Luke Kuechly...can't wait to see that. :o

Our defense might have problems with Leveon Bell. If our D-line and OLBs gets injured again. But your passing game will prove null with Verrett vs Brown likely matched up.

We got Darius Philon. This kid could be a steal. Tom Telesco gambling the 6th pick on our much needed D-line. According to draft reports I've read he could've been a 1st round talent if he stayed in College for 1 more year. He's currently undersized in weight at least. But he has very large amount of upside. He's pretty much an Est. Low Base High Ceiling. His motor and effort is phenomenal.

If he's a stud next to Liuget, I can see us drafting a stud NT in the first next year. Just so we can have a scary pass-rush again.

He's #91

I dunno, AB gave defenses problems all season long. I think only the Ravens' Jimmy Smith could keep him in check pretty well. And even in the playoff game, AB got away with a huge catch. But we'll see.

I dunno, AB gave defenses problems all season long. I think only the Ravens' Jimmy Smith could keep him in check pretty well. And even in the playoff game, AB got away with a huge catch. But we'll see.

I could be underestimating Antonio Brown.

But Jason Verrett only allowed Larry Fitzgerald to have 3 catches for 25 yards when they were matched up.

He also kept Odell Beckham Jr. to 1 catch for 6 yards in College during TCU vs LSU.

He was the top rookie corner prior to his injury if that says anything.

Larry Fitzgerald is old and probably past his prime, I believe. I know, he was the one thing my Steelers had trouble with all the way back in Super Bowl 43 years ago. :P

Steelers just picked up a safety for their final pick! Gerod Holliman. Great draft overall! Except the WR Sammie Coates still kinda confuses me.

Edited by Anacybele

Not to mention AB is hardly the only thing any defense has to worry about when facing the KILLER B'S. :D Big Ben is Big Ben and then he can throw to Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant for great results too. Markus Wheaton is also getting better, and it seems that because of these guys, said defenses forget about Heath Miller and Matt Spaeth too and they wind up getting stuff done. :P

Well, the Browns finally got a WR (and two TEs) pretty late in the draft. Hopefully these guys turn out to be overlooked gems, because we kinda need people who can catch the ball since Cameron ditched us and Gordon can't go two minutes without being suspended. Of course, no matter how good these guys are, they're not going to live up to their potential with Manziel or McCown throwing to them.

Denver's draft was actually hella disappointing after the Shane Ray pick, and it irks me.

-Samarillo (or whatever the fuck) was a reach IMO, we could have gotten him in the third.

-Heuermann seems like too much of a "bleh" TE to be a big deal.

-AT LEAST WE GOT ANOTHER INTERIOR LINEMAN. Probably better than Gradkowski too tbh.

-LORENZO DOSS WILL CARRY THE RUN HEE HEE HONK

-I don't care about the rest considering they're probably practice squad fodder.

bleh.

Hey man, if there's anything Gary Kubiak's good at scouting, it's interior linemen and running backs. It's apart of that Mike Shanahan coaching line.

Edited by Lord Raven