2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheering for the following teams this week:

- Bills (duh)

- Ravens (I'd rather have Miami lose)

- Falcons

- Packers

- Jaguars

- Giants

- Buccaneers

- Jets (I want to throw up)

Let's see what happens.

DEFENSE STUFFS ELI ON 4TH DOWN FUCK YEAH.

And Big Ben showed them how converting a 4th is done. :awesome: WE GOT THIS!

Glad I bought a Big Ben tree ornament today. <3

Edited by Anacybele

Wow, finally someone shuts him down more. I don't like the Saints much.

Also, I'm glad to see our new kicker has worked out better than fricken Josh Scobee did. Bullock actually hasn't missed yet and he kicked two FGs and two PATs vs the Giants. Also, Bell is the first and only RB to rush for 100+ yards vs the Giants this year so far. :awesome:

I also think Tomlin outcoached McAdoo in like everything. Keep improving, Mikey. :D

This team just needs to figure out how to do this stuff against the Ravens. They're still the only team we've struggled a lot with in the past few seasons. >_> And they play them on Christmas this year, I don't want my Christmas ruined by yet another loss to those Ratbirds! :(

EDIT: Also, first round of playoff clinching and elimination info from NFL.com is now available:

NFC

CLINCHED: Dallas -- playoff berth

ELIMINATED: San Francisco

DALLAS COWBOYS
Dallas clinches division title:
1) DAL win
Dallas clinches a first-round bye:
1) DAL win + DET loss or tie
2) DAL win + SEA loss
Dallas clinches homefield advantage throughout NFC playoffs:
1) DAL win + DET loss or tie + SEA loss

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
Seattle clinches division title:
1) SEA win + ARI loss or tie
2) SEA tie + ARI loss

AFC

CLINCHED: None
ELIMINATED: Cleveland, Jacksonville (sorry, Cynthia. :(), NY Jets

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
New England clinches division title:
1) NE win + MIA loss or tie
2) NE tie + MIA loss
New England clinches a first-round bye:
1) NE win + MIA loss or tie + PIT loss or tie

OAKLAND RAIDERS
Oakland clinches a playoff berth:
1) OAK win + MIA loss or tie
2) OAK win + DEN loss
3) OAK tie + MIA loss + BAL loss or tie
4) OAK tie + MIA loss + PIT loss or tie

Edited by Anacybele

Hey, he didn't miss and it's not like the Steelers lost or that Boswell's out for the season. In fact, Tomlin said Boswell will kick this weekend if he's healthy enough. Bullock's nowhere near permanent.

I will admit that he's not as good as Boswell though. Even though he didn't miss vs the Giants, he ALMOST did once on a lucky shot that bounced off the goal pipe and into the good zone.

Edited by Anacybele

Monday night's game should be interesting. Our pass defense has been sketchy this year, and hasn't been stellar even against awful offensive teams (aside from the Goff-led Rams)

Wouldn't be shocked to see the pass-heavy game plans from both teams. I'm also curious to see if the offensive line can protect Brady competently the entire game. I have my doubts about that

Monday night's game should be interesting. Our pass defense has been sketchy this year, and hasn't been stellar even against awful offensive teams (aside from the Goff-led Rams)

Wouldn't be shocked to see the pass-heavy game plans from both teams. I'm also curious to see if the offensive line can protect Brady competently the entire game. I have my doubts about that

They better protect Brady, I need your Patriots to come through right now, as much as I don't like them... I like the Ravens less. >_<

I know the Pats have struggled against them in the past, but they still managed to win, so I know they can do it. They've played well without Gronk too, so they can keep playing well without Gronk.

So plz halp Pats, if you win and the Steelers win, we'll be on top of the North again...

Edited by Anacybele

The coverage has been inconsistent. Malcolm Butler has had another solid year and Logan Ryan has improved. The LBs have struggled mightily in coverage, especially since Collins was traded. Pat Chung has actually had an excellent year covering TEs, and I expect him to be 1v1 with Pitta for a majority of the game. The nickel corner spot has been the biggest issue, as the revolving door of CBs that have occupied that role have all battled some mix of injury and poor play.

The Pats like to use a "big nickel" formation where the 5th defensive back is an extra deep safety and McCourty and/or Chung move into man coverage roles. I'm not 100% sure how they'll try to match up against Bmore's offensive skill players. I wouldn't be surprised to see Butler cover Steve Smith 1 on 1 and Mike Wallace see some double teams

I wouldn't get too scared of the Ravens offense yet. Yes, they had a rather explosive showing against the Dolphins, but that's pretty much the only game this year where their offense looked good. If they keep playing like that, then we've got something to be afraid of...

The Raiders just laid an egg though, and the Browns are the Browns, dude. I don't even find the Steelers winning over them to be anything special. xP

The Raiders are a good team, but they also seem to be rather inconsistent, is what I mean.

Edited by Anacybele

A team's record doesn't necessarily reflect a their overall performance or how good they are, Raven. I'd think you would know that better than anyone here given the Ravens' season last year. I also wasn't saying wildly inconsistent or anything, just somewhat.

Steelers and Bills will be on TV here, yesssh. Sorry I have to cheer against your Bills, Life, but the Steelers are my boys, man. :P

Edited by Anacybele

They're still pretty consistent about having a great offense (there's a reason Carr is a leading MVP candidate) and closing out games. And Khalil Mack is a pretty fucking spectacular pass rusher.

They had one shitty game. Whatever. The 2010 Pats has 4 interceptions all season and they were in two games, and Brady was still unanimous MVP. That's hardly a reason to call the 2010 Pats inconsistent, because they were pretty fucking consistent.

EDIT: For more details, the Raiders lost in a shootout against the Falcons and they were shut down by the Chiefs twice. That's hardly inconsistent.

Edited by Lord Raven

Oh, I'll always opt for "no idea" when trying to guess our gameplan. I'll especially opt for that when trying to guess the outcome of this game. I'm certainly not underestimating the Ravens offense. Our pass rush has taken large chunks of the season off so far so that match up will definitely be key