Shouzou Kaga Announces New SRPG Studio Indie Project!

Arch

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I know this project is only at 10% completion and I'm not very familiar with this SRPG Maker thing, but the overall gameplay will look a bit better once it gets more finished, right?

Possibly, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. It is a game developed in their spare time (and free to download), after all.

Just be glad Kaga is actually making a new game ^^

• 2 months later...

So, I got the permission from VincentASM to revive this thread.

Just today I saw yesterday's news recap on Vestaria Saga:

http://serenesforest.net/2015/11/05/vestaria-saga-october-updates/#more-30446

What do you guys think?
I find it very intriguing. I don't expect balance (this is Kaga we are talking about), but the premise seems fun. The fact that there's a huge amount of text also makes me very curious, especially since the hint of story Kaga gave us sounded so simple. Of course, I'm not saying a simple story can't have a lot of text, it simply adds to my interest. Plus, there's a time skip, aw yeah! I love time skips.

If it ever gets released (please get released), I hope there'll be interest for an english translation. I'm really looking forward to this game and the huge amount of content it apparently will have!

Lastly, I'm very happy that Hirota Mayumi is apparently working with Shozou Kaga again; if that's her artwork, that is (well, it looks a lot like hers, doesn't it?).

Zyu1n5Q.png <- DEIRDRE!!!!

If I am still around and the text can be easily extracted and such then I would be happy to contribute to the English translation of this once it is released.

Or heck, since it's a free indie project, maybe we could even just contact him directly about it.

Edited by gringe

That's it, I'm officially more excited for this than Fates.

I just hope they have a good saving system, because I don't want to spend 5 hours on a map just to end up messing up at the very end and having to start over.

You can save every 5 turns! I also assume there'll be multiple save slots.

@Gringe - That seems to be the best idea. I wonder if contacting him about it now would help.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the stats are ordered like so:

Strength Magic

Skill Speed

Luck ??? (Weapon Level?)

Defence Resistance

Move

If those stats are not just for playtesting purposes, there are some interesting stat spreads there.

Slap bang in the middle are the unit stats, from left to right and going down: Strength, Magic, Skill, Speed, Luck, Weapon Level, Defence, Resistance and Magic. Below these are the unit’s skills.

Two magic stats? :o:(I know you probably meant to say movement)

This game really makes me want SRPG:Studio localized

Has anyone noticed that there seems to be three sword icons? One normal one, one red normal one, and one that looks like a broad-sword. Kinda same for the spear except that one has an arrow on it.

*edit*

Googled Pilium and found out it's a javelin type weapon from TearRing saga. I guess the arrow spear icon is a throwing-spear category. That's kinda neat having so many different weapon categories.

Edited by Atticus Lee

• 2 months later...