lol damn palla and that crit

She got 2 more of those 5%s in this chapter too lol

https://youtu.be/vX6v6cmQtKU

The enemies start kicking it up in this chapter and begin to use Silver full-time. Not a very complicated chapter though. The only tough part is the beginning. Not a lot of units can tank those Paladins and I had to make sure they fell in the following turn. Managed to do every side-objective in the chapter.

Chapter 8 is completed in 3 turns

Funds: 30880G

+5000G from selling a Bullion(S).

+1500G from selling a Firestone.

Rainbow Potions: 64/77

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB4m0WhS-yc

This is the toughest chapter so far. Mages and Dracoknights combine to make getting through the desert super tough with 0% Growths. Thankfully, I have the super fast Palla, Rainbow Potion, tons of fliers and a Jeorge, who conveniently joined last chapter and can OHKO Dracoknights with Silver Bow. I had to forge +10 Hit on a Javelin in order to get through the chapter reliably. Every attempt was failing because of a Javelin miss and it was annoying. Forging it makes Palla and Catria have 93% Hit when they need it and gives Catria 88% instead of 78% when she's alone and has to lure Etzel towards Marth.

I managed to get every item except for the Steel Sword drop from the last Thief. Here I got Minerva and Etzel, 2 units who are sure to be crucial to the success of the run.

Chapter 9 is completed in 5 turns

+1500G from selling a Firestone.
-1500G from forging "Ch9sucks", a Javelin forge with +10 Hit

Rainbow Potions: 61/77

Have you considered promoting any of the girls to Falcon Knight instead?

Nah, It's starting to get tough even with all of the Pegs promoted. Can't imagine doing well with one of them still a Peg.

So, I hate being unsure of stuff. And I've been wondering what the best use for that 5th Thief is? There's the C14 Again, the C16 Rescue staff and the Ch20 Again I need to Thief. Then I also want the C16 Speedwings. Which leaves 1 Thief left. Should I use that on a Brave weapon in C20 or a C10 Bullion? Im unsure of the need for a Brave weapon. Idk if Eremiya is gonna be an issue without one or if the C21 Glower boss requires the use of a Brave Weapon in this run...

Palla with a scroll as an SM and another Robe + the Brave Sword + RP deals 9*4/47 dmg against that boss and 8*4/45 against Eremiah, so with an energy drop and a +2 forge (or just a +4 forge), she should pull the ORKOes. The second Angelic Robe is needed to survive the Glower. Killer crit can kill the C21 boss anyway, but getting it on turn 3 or whatever is a pain without a map save, so it might be worth a thief use.

Also, I don't think Silence exists in H2. Only H1 and below, and is replaced by Recover here. Might be wrong but that's what I recall from it.

Edited by Gradivus.

I don't have the enemy numbers on me, so I can't say. I'd need to know how bulky the Glower guys are, as well as how much damage they'd deal.

The reason (at least as far as mentioned) for a thief use on Brave weapons is bosskilling, not generic Glower users. The C21 boss has 13 Def 47 HP and the C20x one 14 Def 45 HP. Sirius can do the C21 kill with a Master Sword crit quite comfortably since it's on turn 1. The C20x one is on turn 3-4 or even later without a map save, so she either requires a double scroll + [2] Energy Drops to ORKO with Mercurius!RP!Palla, or a forged Brave Sword. Besides, you can often look at playthroughs for enemy data. PKL has a H2 warpskip run in his sig where you can see all the boss stats.

EDIT: Palla doesn't need a double Robe to survive the C21 boss, I miscalculated her Swordmaster HP.

Edited by Gradivus.

The reason (at least as far as mentioned) for a thief use on Brave weapons is bosskilling, not generic Glower users. The C21 boss has 13 Def 47 HP and the C20x one 14 Def 45 HP. Sirius can do the C21 kill with a Master Sword crit quite comfortably since it's on turn 1. The C20x one is on turn 3-4 or even later without a map save, so she either requires a double scroll + [2] Energy Drops to ORKO with Mercurius!RP!Palla, or a forged Brave Sword. Besides, you can often look at playthroughs for enemy data. PKL has a H2 warpskip run in his sig where you can see all the boss stats.

EDIT: Palla doesn't need a double Robe to survive the C21 boss, I miscalculated her Swordmaster HP.

Hmm, then I think I don't need the Brave Sword at all. Mercurius Palla should suffice. She's getting 2 Energy Drops anyway at some point. And she also gets 2 Robes eventually even though she doesn't need it for Glower. I still didn't get the C10 Bullion though. If i ever need money even after Silver Card, I will just get the C16 Bullion + Speedwings in that case. Thanks for the help everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTTPsr3XH2U

Rainbow Potions: 61/77

Edited by PKL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9CxVUR2YKU

Pretty short chapter. Palla is given her first Energy Drop so she can ORKO the real Legion with Lady Sword. Deployed Caeda Minerva and Etzel to increase their weapon ranks.

Chapter 10x is completed in 1 turn

Funds: 28380G

-2500G from buying an Energy Drop from the Prep Armory.

Rainbow Potions: 60/77

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoCp9a7eDII

Wow, this chapter was ridiculously hard. Definetely topped Chapter 9. I wanted to get every item in the desert, recruit Jake and get the Secret Shop in 6 turns. It was tough figuring out various things about the chapter. Mostly because of Caeda. She has issues surviving rounds vs Wyverns with that durability. She had to get the Dracoshield and recruit Jake with multiple wyverns there. Had to use quite a lot of Physics here, but I should still have enough for Chapter 12 and the beginning of Chapter 13 left. I can buy more Physics during Chapter 13 if i need them.

I had to give Minerva a Speedwing for this strat. Though I was gonna give her one anyway because she's the only unit other than Palla that can double Fire Dragons as a Dracoknight with it. I got an unnecesary crit that changed how many times Catria got attacked by a Wyvern but I used a vulnerary and a Physic anyway because it would've been needed normally to survive. I'm very happy with how the chapter turned out.

Chapter 11 is completed in 6 turns

Funds: 14270G

-8100G from forging "Dragonslayr", a Dragonpike with +4 MT and +5 Hit.
-1800G from buying 3 Wyrmslayers from the Secret Shop
-500G from buying an Armorslayer from the Secret Shop
-600G from buying a Ridersbane from the Secret Shop
-560G from buying a Wing Spear from the Secret Shop
-2025 from buying 3 Dragonpikes from the Secret Shop.
-525G from buying a Poleax from the Secret Shop

Rainbow Potions: 56/77

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, sorry for the 2 week absence, got a job and was still getting used to my new schedule. I didn't have much time to record, so sorry if this chapter seems a bit rushed compared to the rest.

The hardest chapter by far in this run. Crappy, crucial hitrates everywhere with only 2 map saves makes this chapter tough to find a consistent strategy on with 0% growths. Blocking the first 3 forts with Malicia Wendell and Sirius is neccesary for the 6 turn to work. Otherwise, at least one of them dies when the Wyverns arrive in Turn 5 EP (they cant make it far enough to avoid them and they cant block those wyvern forts with dangerous Fire Dragon reinforcements on the loose). Had to buy an Angelic Robe for Minerva so she can take on the Wyvern and Fire Dragon at the end. She got lucky with dodges throughout the chapter so it ended up looking unnecesary, but it was neccesary. This chapter was very demanding on Rainbow Potion too, which kinda sucks, but oh well. I wish there were a way to at least save the Sirius Rainbow Potion, but that too proved neccesary even for 1 enemy only.

Chapter 12 is completed in 6 turns

Funds: 11770G

-2500G from buying an Angelic Robe from the Prep screen Armory.

Rainbow Potions: 49/77

Edited by PKL

Couldn't you have saved an rp by forging the wyrmslayer after selling the whip? You might need a wyrmslayer forge later on.

Sirius needs either RP or Scorpio to double that Fire Dragon anyway and the Scorpio was also needed by Minerva right away.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usYrpFsYvwY

It gets tougher and tougher. This chapter was extremely hard to figure out. It took me a whole week to come up with ways to overcome the first few turns of the map. It's a very interesting chapter with loads of creative solutions. Hope you enjoy! :)

Chapter 13 is completed in 6 turns

Funds: 15647G

Bought:

1 Talisman from the Prep Screen Armory (-2500G)
3 Physics from the C13 Secret Shop (-2250G)
1 Shaver from the C13 Secret Shop (-750G)

Sold:

4 Iron Swords (40/40) +800G
6 Steel Swords (35/35) +2622G
1 Steel Sword (34/35) +425G
3 Steel Lances (35/35) +1470G
2 Steel Axes (35/35) +700G
1 Steel Axe (34/35) +340G
1 Hand Axe (30/30) +270G
3 Steel Bows (35/35) +1155G
1 Blizzard (23/23) +345G
1 Elysian Whip +1250G

Rainbow Potions: 42/77

That is one hell of a prep screen.

Having the flexability to bodyblock Dragons and Wyverns due to their lack of 1-2 range is a nice luxury for sub H3 difficulties, but it comes with it's own downsides in eliminating Bow EP action I suppose. Existant crit also seems unavoidable vs Ice Dragons even on H2 with 0%, but I also liked that you took measures to try to reduce it as much as possible with Luck Shards.

I must admit, I had actually forgotten H2 even had a Silver Card. I suppose that helps a lot with affording statboosters and the like. I assume it doesn't work on the base shop though, since you avoided using it?

On the whole, great job, as usual. Warp is bound to be something of a relief, but I hope the creative strats can last a bit longer before Warpskips start to become prominent.

I thought warpskipping was harder in FE12 by the nature of the game? I remember PKL complaining about it a lot for one of his old H2 runs.