My hopes regarding NPC Bosses

StairFacts

I really hope that the NPC bosses are not your generic "evil, because reasons" commanders. I'm wanting to see more Mustafas/Camuses on both sides, although in all honesty we will likely not see them evenly distributed. (Going back to the "glory-seeking" Nohr versus the "peace-loving" Hoshido argument.) I would also love it if the playable characters from the opposing side played a role that acts similarly to how members of the Dawn Brigade fought against you in the midgame of Radiant Dawn.

^ though the Non ha! ha! i workfor/am opposing faction commanders normally rank among of my favourite boss characters, I think it is not the best idea to have the entirety of the countries command structure to be Camus type characters or even just the majority of them,

as 1 if the majority if the high command hates the war why is there one in the first place? its one thing to have a Camus who fights for his country despite his moral misgivings and doesn't want to turncoat its a different story if most of the high rankers(ie bosses) don't want war.

2 its normally a emotional moment at least for me when you have to kill a Camus type it might not be as emotional if you fight one on every other map.

i do love the type though and I'm sure we will have a few camus types per side, Marx/Ryouma might fit the type, Sakura/Trouba-Pony-Princess most likely won't be hostile to you let alone ha ha evil, though leon/takumi might go a bit crazy/want to kill youIMO, and i cant place Camilla/Hinoka but IS might want to make the numbers even so they might be in the more hostile camp.

Also most characters who have names who are sympathetic to you might just join you anyway, the bosses I'm fine if they aren't that fleshed out and just want to kill you cause its war and thats what they do.

So in conclusion to the wall of rambling text i think they should and probably will have a good amount of camus type charecters i just don't think they should or will overdo it

Well, looking at most commanders for despicable sides historically, they either were decent people who believed wholeheartedly in what they were doing, pretended the big morally wrong thing about their nation didn't exist, or were "my country, right or wrong."

^ the problem is that 1 Fire emblem is a story

2 i dont think we have good evidence for the majority of historic lower level commanders IRL, there were most likley bad apples there, also its tricky even for the ones we know alot about as the opposing side will demonize high level commaders and the same side will flush any unlikable qualites under the rug.

Then again the presence of ha ha evil members in the army (cults and bandits/mercenaries don't really count imo) is kinda exaggerated in fire emblem, just some commanders who are higher class and abuse their position are what i remember really.

I feel as if the majority of the possible bosses will be similar to Camus/Mustafa/Lloyd/Linus. It's definitely possible that the bosses could be characters that are playable in the opposing faction. They'll fight for what they believe in and regret having to go against Kamui. I can only imagine what the dialogue would be like when fighting against the royal siblings on either faction.

Given what we now know about Camilla, if she doesn't follow Kamui in the Hoshido route, I'm imagining boss!Camilla becoming vengeful and indignant at Kamui for betraying Nohr.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!" *swings axe at Kamui* "YOU WERE MY FAMILY... MY BROTHER/SISTER!" *more axe swinging*

Come to think of it, we've already seen Takumi doing basically the same thing in the trailer.

Edited by Aethin

Given what we now know about Camilla, if she doesn't follow Kamui in the Hoshido route, I'm imagining boss!Camilla becoming vengeful and indignant at Kamui for betraying Nohr.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!" *swings axe at Kamui* "YOU WERE MY FAMILY... MY BROTHER/SISTER!" *more axe swinging*

Come to think of it, we've already seen Takumi doing basically the same thing in the trailer.

I can also see her sobbing to herself, completely heartbroken that she has to fight one of her siblings.

---

The bosses can be as sympathetic or evil as the writers please. They're nothing but speed bumps on the way to endgame!

I can see both Camilla and Hinoka fighting with regret. Though it does seem with their general description we got not too long ago that they can potentially defect for Kamui and fight alongside him, as they seem to be the most protective out of all the siblings. If they do defect, then the dialogue between them and the other siblings would be really interesting too. Even fighting Elise and Sakura as potential bosses would be rather heartbreaking as they both love Kamui so much as a sibling.

I'm actually really excited for the options they have for these boss battles. First of, every major boss will have dragon's vein, which could REALLY screw with your strategy. Also, there is a good possibility we will be seeing a lot of moving bosses, because of Takumi being an archer. Basically, I figure IS wouldn't have him stand still, because it would be WAY to easy to boss farm him for EXP. Not only that, most of the Nohr royal family seems to be on mounts, so it would make a lot of sense to use their mount's potential to the fullest.

This is probably how Camilla/Takumi will view the whole situation;

Anakin.jpg

With them being Obi-Wan and Kamui being Anakin.

I suppose that makes Aqua the one pulling all the strings as Emperor Palpatine. Aqua as final boss confirmed!

Aside from the first five chapters, It would be pretty sweet if for some reason all the enemy bosses ended up being the characters that would have joined your army if you had not joined Hoshido/Nohr. The siblings will obviously be bosses at some point and maybe the odd one out could defect to your side, this could also apply to your soldiers on the enemy side with the majority being enemies completely and a few positioned around for you to recruit.

Sounds pretty fun, and potentially heartbreaking when I hear there stories during the second playthrough.

B-but...I don't want to kill either of my imoutos :(((

Hopefully the little sister on the opposing side will defect to yours either way. As the youngest child of either side, they might have less of a strong devotion to their country and more towards their beloved Kamui if he/she is their favored sibling. Plus the more staffbots the better

I see Takumi as one of the most eager to put his arrow on your knee the middle of your head.

I can see Leon showing mlots of disdain because you betray your expectation...

Marx/Ryouma are most likely to be noble,but worthy opponent.

I wonder if we'll have to fight HoshidanQueen in Nohr's route. This may be pretty interresting.

Hell,; even someone as obviously evil as Garon may be interresting due to your links with him.

We saw Elise in one of the map iirc but I don't thnk she was a boss. (If you fight your Imouto it should be after they are promoted)

As long as they don't turn like Vyce in LUCT (from Shirou to Shinji) it may be interresting.

I see Takumi as one of the most eager to put his arrow on your knee the middle of your head.

I can see Leon showing mlots of disdain because you betray your expectation...

Marx/Ryouma are most likely to be noble,but worthy opponent.

I wonder if we'll have to fight HoshidanQueen in Nohr's route. This may be pretty interresting.

Hell,; even someone as obviously evil as Garon may be interresting due to your links with him.

We saw Elise in one of the map iirc but I don't thnk she was a boss. (If you fight your Imouto it should be after they are promoted)

As long as they don't turn like Vyce in LUCT (from Shirou to Shinji) it may be interresting.

never heard of that game, what do you mean like vyce?

B-but...I don't want to kill either of my imoutos :(((

Hopefully the little sister on the opposing side will defect to yours either way. As the youngest child of either side, they might have less of a strong devotion to their country and more towards their beloved Kamui if he/she is their favored sibling. Plus the more staffbots the better

But think about the emotional impact of having to slay one of your imoutous. It's perfect, the scene would burrow into our minds as we slay the most innocent member of our family for our country. Leaving the endings bittersweet, it would make the third DLC ending look even more appealing. I also doubt our Hoshido imoutou would care a lot more towards Kamui unless she was really ignored in her family until he came along.

I also want for the NPC bosses to be foreshadowed in some way, like speaking to generals that will be defeated sooner than him so when we fight them the fight can be slightly more personal and we grieve for a potential unit that could have been.

never heard of that game, what do you mean like vyce?

It's a strategy-RPG like FFTA.

It is also based around the notion of choice (none being morally better than other) with different person joining you depending of your side, or the same but in different circumstances.

When IF was first announced I thought about this game first.

At the end of the first chapter you have an important choice to make.

Depending of the path you choice, he'll always be your rival, which means in one path he's a righteous fighter (if you chosed the questionable choice), and the other he'll be a bloodthirsty lunatic (if you oppose this choice). (like refusing to kill people in one path and sacrificing his allies when they outdate their usefulness in the other).

LUCT's writing is really excellent (one of the best scenario I've seen. I could discuss in length about each part.), but Vyce being a totally different character depending what choice you take have always been one of the wierder choice.

Edited by Tamanoir

It's a strategy-RPG like FFTA.

It is also based around the notion of choice (none being morally better than other) with different person joining you depending of your side, or the same but in different circumstances.

When IF was first announced I thought about this game first.

At the end of the first chapter you have an important choice to make.

Depending of the path you choice, he'll always be your rival, which means in one path he's a righteous fighter (if you chosed the questionable choice), and the other he'll be a bloodthirsty lunatic (if you oppose this choice). (like refusing to kill people in one path and sacrificing his allies when they outdate their usefulness in the other).

LUCT's writing is really excellent (one of the best scenario I've seen. I could discuss in length about each part.), but Vyce being a totally different character depending what choice you take have always been one of the wierder choice.

Wow a SRPG fan never played Tactis Ogre? Go play it man the PSP version is quite good lthough i only finished the Snes version so far. But still the Vyce situation was kind of awkward but I think Yasumi used it to demonstrate what would happen if Denim pushed that particular decision all the way becoming either a manipulative,liar,power hungry fool or a total rebel

Hinoka:I hoped for so long that I'd get to see you again but now I wish you had died that day. If you did, maybe I could have put my heart to rest by now. I won't betray my blood like you did, Kamui. I will protect my homeland!

I feel as if the majority of the possible bosses will be similar to Camus/Mustafa/Lloyd/Linus. It's definitely possible that the bosses could be characters that are playable in the opposing faction. They'll fight for what they believe in and regret having to go against Kamui. I can only imagine what the dialogue would be like when fighting against the royal siblings on either faction.

If the siblings are bosses I'd like it if they were aggressive optional bosses. So the challenge would be trying not to kill them as they chase you around and try and murder your people one by one.

Hinoka:I hoped for so long that I'd get to see you again but now I wish you had died that day. If you did, maybe I could have put my heart to rest by now. I won't betray my blood like you did, Kamui. I will protect my homeland!

Yes.

I mean, right, imoutos, okay, but honestly THIS is the one I'm reaaally not looking forward to.

^^ that might work for Leon/Takumi and maybe Hinoka/Camilla but i don't think that will work or feel right for Sakura/Trouba-Pony-Princess and i have a feeling that we will have to kill Marx/Ryouma

Edited by goodperson707