Regarding Monsters from FE8

Rickochet

So I noticed that importing the monster animations into FE7 does not include their sound files (EX. spider walking sounds or skeleton walking sounds). Is there a way to fix this or get the sounds from FE8? I haven't come across anything that mentions the import/export of sounds.

And building on the previous questions, how different is it to hack FE8 as opposed to FE7 besides FE7 being better supported in terms of how-to knowledge. Would it be harder to do things like inserting portraits, map sprites, world map events, inserting spell animations, etc?

If I switched over FE8 from FE7, would there be a giant learning curve? Because I just want the monster aspect in FE7 since I learned FE7 first but if its better off working with FE8 then I will switch over.

Edited by Rickochet

And building on the previous questions, how different is it to hack FE8 as opposed to FE7 besides FE7 being better supported in terms of how-to knowledge. Would it be harder to do things like inserting portraits, map sprites, world map events, inserting spell animations, etc?

All of these things save world map events are done the exact same in FE8 as they are in FE7.

The age of FE8 being a cryptic puzzle in comparison to FE7 is past, so if you're even thinking of trying FE8 modding I say go for it. You'll get split promotions and a world map that you can move around on, which are both pretty impossible in FE7.

On the flip side, having the monsters in FE7 with the right sound effects will require you to export the samples (sound files) from FE8, import them back into FE7, and make a script for the animations that points to the new sound effects. Whether you want to deal with that and use FE7, or use FE8 and get more features but have to learn FE8 events, is your call. As a primarily-FE7 modder, I suggest learning FE8.

How different is the eventing in FE8? New Codes? EX. LOU1, ENUN, MUSI, etc. I looked up the codes in the EA folders and I dont see much for FE8.

Edited by Rickochet