Fire Emblem: The Man That Never Was

KingCorrin

Summary: What if Robin/Avatar had woken up in a different timeline? What if he had woken up in the dire future of despair that the children came from? Could destiny be changed once again or would he fail this time? -Feel free to review by PMing me :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prologue: Premonition
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is it! Our final battle," he told her determined.
"You seem anxious. I've never seen you like this," She responded to him surprised. It was true. They had been through a lot together, and in that time he never expressed any sign of nervousness. He was always calm, smooth, collective, and ready for battle. This time he looked different, as if something was troubling him.
"It's because everything has led up to this moment. Everything we've done, all our hard work, and our struggles. They are what got us right here, right now," Robin said with a serious tone. "I can't afford any more losses. Much like I can't stand losing you."
She smiled. "We've faced so many things together, so I think you should know by now that I can watch my back. Right?"
"Yes, I know. It's just that, I would never forgive myself if something happened to you tonight." He looked straight in her beautiful eyes. In those two pools he saw his own reflection, and the best out of himself.
"Neither would I, if anything happened to you. Do you remember the plan?" She asked him seriously.
"Of course. I created it after all."
"Right, and this is like the Valley. Risen had us surrounded, we were outnumbered and alone." She pointed to what she could see in front of them. It was getting dark, and there was no sun to light the way while Risen covered the land that expanded before them. They couldn't even see the grass beneath the zombie horde, only the dark gray sky and the burned trees were visible.
"No, the Valley differs from now."
"How's that? I see no difference," she asked him curious.
"Ehmm… because of this." He pressed towards her, and she couldn't help but feel the adrenaline of her heart when he put his lips on hers. She felt so protected and joyful, because she had someone right by her side. Someone she knew that had stolen her heart and would do anything for her to smile. Her blood flowed rapidly in her cheeks, making them as red as ever. He put his hands around her waist and she put hers around his neck, pulling him closer.
"We should focus on our mission, we're about to start the battle. Did you forget that?" She told him in a slightly bossy tone while pushing him away, but she was unable to hide her excitement and her rosy cheeks.
"I did." He replied with a broad smile, like she hadn't yelled at him. "Although, when this is over, I have prepared a small surprise for you."
She nodded and asked, "Really? Then, shall we go ahead so I can see it later?"
"Yes. Tell the others to guide our forces towards the enemy. We must focus on entering the castle. It's your job to tell us how to get in, and with our new weaponry, we have a chance of winning."
"I know. Tonight, we will write a new future for Ylisse."
"Together." He told her confidently and held her hand.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------And so the battle began. The zombie fighters rushed at them with a vicious aura. They couldn't listen or feel. They could only see their enemy in front of their eyes. That was their mission, to kill with no remorse of their actions. That was why the fell dragon was so powerful. Although he had great power himself, his army was the one that terrorised the countless cities it found in its path. Did that mean they were better than humans? Of course not. Although their enhanced battle abilities and skills were something to notice, they lacked human's skills like improvising, insight and the two most important ones, compassion and supportiveness for each other. Those skills, unheard to Risen, made the remains of humanity gather and forge a team with one goal in mind, the fall of the fell dragon, once and for all.
In this battle, that dream was about to become real after all those years of pain and slaughter. It was the time for the sun to rise, and for the long period of peace to begin. The man, followed by his beloved one, found a path that guided them and their selected forces inside Ylisstol's castle. The building was the key for them to open the door to a bright new world. At least, that was what they thought as he looked around the room. They had just gotten in, but he told them to stay alert for anything.
"What is it? You looked troubled," she asked him worried.
"I don't know. This is way too easy. It was never that easy," Robin responded concerned.
Right then, they heard a huge noise from outside. The man quickly turned around to see what was going on. Unfortunately, in that moment their forces were surrounded by Risen. He couldn't understand what was going on, but before he could even think, he was knocked out from behind. The last thing he remembered before closing his eyes was his beloved one and the feeling of extreme disappointment. He had failed her, something he swore never to do.
He awoke disoriented and confused when he slowly opened his eyes. He tried looking around to get his bearings and unconsciously moved his hand only to find that it was tied tight to a metallic chair. With a quick look around the room, he saw nothing but a dim light from a candle nearby. At once, he tried to think of ways to get out of this condition. Alas, the metallic chair was bolted to the ground so he couldn't break it. His hands and legs were also tied with a plastic-like cord making it impossible to move. Not to mention that he seemed very weak. Unable to find an idea to escape, he waited there looking towards the candle's light, and smelling its wax scent. All he could do now was worry about his friends and his love, about their failure, and about the person who betrayed them.
Suddenly, he heard noises of footsteps. Then, the sound of a door cringing open. Before he knew it, a man appeared before him, holding another candle and a knife.
"Thank goodness! Hurry! Cut the ropes and let's save our men! Hope isn't lost yet!"
The man in front of him laughed sarcastically. "Your plan failed tactician. We've been holding you here for a while now. The battle was lost before it started, and there is nothing you can do anymore."
"What?… We? It was YOU! You hit me from behind! You… Traitor! How could you? We trusted you! I trusted you!" He tried to move in a fury but he couldn't.
"I am definitely going to enjoy this. You are alive because I ordered them not to kill you. You know, for old times' sake, but I came here with a deal. You will tell us where you are keeping it. You kept that secret for yourself and-"
"Don't speak her name!" He cried furiously as his face reddened in anger. Robin moved his body with rage to escape, only to be stopped a third time by his ties.
"Haha! I won't. I was so close, but so far away. You lied about its place. It wasn't where I thought it was. Tell me where the real one is and I will grant you a place right next to lord Grima."
"I prefer to die before I help you! Snake!" He spat at his face using the only way to attack he could think of. However, the man wiped it away from his eye and continued like nothing had happened.
"Don't worry I am not in hurry. I have all the time I need. I finally defeated you! Could I ask for more?"
"Arrrgggghhh!" It was a female scream. One he recognised immediately.
"NO! What are you doing to her? You crazy psychopath! Tell me, damn it!"
"You will tell me where you hid it! Or she will die. I will slaughter her in front of you, but if you comply then I will let you keep her head! Haha!" The man laughed evilly. "Now, tell me where you hid it!"
Robin was lost in thought. He had no other choice but to comply.
"Tell me Sir Robin. How did everything begin? Tell me everything you know or she will suffer."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Fire Emblem: The Man That Never Was
Prologue-Premonition

A/N (Author's Note): Hello everybody :) This story was created to become something completely new, based on the characters we all love (from Awakening) and maybe answer in some interesting questions, like "Can Robin change the fate of a doomed world?, Can love be found in such place?" Well... I believe there is only one way to find out :P This prologue is a bit shorter on purpose to smoothly proceed into the main story.
Please don't mind any grammatical errors. No copyright intended.
Until next time! Please have yourselves a darn good one :D
J.D. King
Edited by J.D. King

• 2 weeks later...
Rebirth
"Tell me Sir Robin. How did everything begin? Tell me everything you know or she will suffer."
"Aaaarrrghhh!" Robin heard her screaming again. The painful cry hurt his soul to the core as he lowered his head in agony.
"Stop! I will comply… I will comply… I want to see that she's alive. That's the only thing I ask for," Robin pleaded him. However, the man stood in front of him unmoved. He then raised his hand and slapped Robin across his left cheek. It left a sharp sting and a burning red mark which Robin tried not cry out from. He would not give his tormentor the satisfaction of seeing him in pain.
"Why are you doing this? Why don't you just kill me?" He yelled in dismay.
In turn, his opponent laughed evilly, "I am not a torturer of your body, but of your soul. You will tell me what I want otherwise she dies. And when you finish, I will let you die, peacefully. But until then you're mine. So I'll give you one last chance to tell me or else she will suffer even more."
Robin looked around his surroundings one last time. He saw the dark foreboding room with nothing but a candle to dimly illuminate the face of his tormentor, and felt the tight binds across his wrists cut into his skin.
"Okay but you already know some," he said weakly.
"I am all ears," he told Robin.
Robin sighed in dismay and said, "Okay… Here it goes..."
"Lucina! We've arrived too late. The village is destroyed, and it's burned to ashes." He said in horror as he looked in front of him. He saw hundreds of corpses spread around him with some of them badly disfigured. Houses were on fire, and he could feel the violent heat rush across his face. Even worse, the sky was getting darker from the smoke and death that surrounded them.
"No… It's entirely my fault. These people were innocent. Why? Gods, why?" she asked him, not able to understand what she saw.
"Don't blame yourself. We did everything we could. Sometimes it's just not written."
"Maybe. Maybe it isn't." She said in doubt before focusing on her duties. "Order the others to head back to our base. Gerome, what are we going to do with the bodies? They deserve an honest burial," she responded, sorrowfully.
"Of course. They deserve it. They've been through a lot." He said soberly as they continued their actions. Time was always short, but they spared some to execute a small ritual to respect their last deeds. Eventually, Gerome ordered Minerva to breathe fire at the bodies as way of cremation. After a while, they had brought the last man they could find, and this time it was a man wearing an odd robe. His face was filled with scars and his clothing was covered in blood, but Minerva refused to do anything once the wyvern recognized the face of a long and distant ally.
"Minerva! What's wrong?" He asked and headed towards his dragon as she reeled back, unwilling to harm him. Gerome tried spreading his arms and moved his head closer to her ears. He felt her scars and her rough dragon skin, but he quickly moved back and shook his head in surprise when she responded to him.
"No way!" He cried in shock. "Lucina! This man is still alive!"
"Finally! Good news at last! Quick! Bring me the elixir!" She ordered him with some small hope returning. The masked man then rushed and opened a bag, which was tightly bound at his dragon's saddle. He reached his hand inside and picked a bright blue bottle, and without delay he opened it and gave it to his leader. She then fell on her knees and with her right arm she raised the man's head. With the other, she filled his mouth with the potion.
"Now, we wait for it to do its job." Lucina told him hoping they would not lose another to this war. Every life was precious to her. "Inform the others and tell them to bring a Pegasus and fast! I'll stay here to make sure he survives. Leave me your first aid bag, just in case."
"I won't leave you here! It's too dangerous. You're far more important than a mere villager," he responded, obviously mad at her words. She was their last hope, and she recklessly put herself in danger to help others.
"This is an order Gerome. Risen never return to their crime scene. We both know that. Now go!" She yelled.
"This is a bad idea! Darn it!" He told in his frustration. With a quick move he untied the bag from his dragon and threw it at her. He then got on his dragon and gently gave a signal for her to fly.
"I hope they come back fast Gerome." She said with her arm holding the man up while she took the man's hood off. He saw his face covered in blood, and she hurriedly took the washcloth from the bag. She wiped his face with care, and while she was cleaning his wounds, she poured vulnerary at his scars. She untied the knot that was holding his robe and carefully took it off from him to reveal his shirt. She took his shirt off too revealing, this time, his large wound.
"He's seriously injured. Damn it. He won't make it." She worried while trying to find a way to save him. "If only I had something to make it stop bleeding…" She used her vulnerary again to clear the wound and protect it from a possible deadly infection. Then, she rapidly looked around as she desperately searched for something to help. Discovering a branch nearby, she picked it up and used one of the houses to set it on fire. Next, she took her cape off and wrapped the branch's burning edge with it. With slow movements, she cauterized the wound while being careful not to burn too much of his untouched skin. Praying that it worked, she poured the remaining elixir in his mouth and waited.
"That was the best I could do. Sorry, I am not like my mother," she said, while holding the man tight. Much to her surprise the man started to move his head slowly. With the same pace, he opened his eyes and saw her beautiful face. He tried to move, but it caused him nothing more than pain.
"Are you an angel?" He said with the last of his strength. His words caused her to tilt her eyebrows in confusion.
"What?" She replied. "No, you are mistaken. You are still here with us."
"What? Am I not dead?" He asked surprised, "I apologize then. I must admit you pretty much look like one."
"You are talking like you've already seen one."
"I do now." He responded serenely.
"Huh…" She murmured confused. "So that must explain why…" She said in a sarcastic tone.
"That must explain what?"
"That explains why they tried to kill you. Because of your ridiculous humour," Lucina while fighting back tears as she realized that the man would live. She was able to save someone, and it was a welcome relief from burying the dead.
He didn't speak, and he only moved his eyes around to get a glimpse of his surroundings. He saw the first aid-kit, the potions, the hot branch and the fire. He understood what was going on. "I apologise for my manners. Do you know what happened here, because I have absolutely no idea?"
"You don't know? But you were here…"
"I am sorry, but I have no memories of what happened," he replied.
"Can you at least remember your name?"
"Unfortunately, no. No, I can't." he shrugged
Whooosshh... The sound of a pegasus' wings flapping against the air came from behind them. Lucina recognised the sound immediately and said, "Finally, there are here. Come on! Let's get you back on your feet?"
"Where are we going?" The man asked.
"To take care of you."
"... How can I trust you?" He questioned in a serious way.
"You're right. You can't! But I have no problem leaving you here in the middle of nowhere, alone and injured. It was nice healing your wounds, scars and stopping your bleeding. I hope we meet again sometime!"
"And you told me that I had a creepy sense of humour." He muttered lowly. "Gah… My whole body is in pain, but I'll see what I can so. Let's get going," He told her as she helped him get up.
Meanwhile, a young lady approached them and Lucina shouted to her, "Cynthia! Come here! This man needs help!"
"Right! Hold on, I'm coming!" The young lady said and rushed to them. She held the man from his right side, while Lucina from his left. Step by step, they reached the white Pegasus. The man was quickly getting back on his feet. It looked like Lucina's treatment had worked. With a little more help, the man got on the Pegasus. The two girls followed.
"Now, hold on really tight! We're about to take off," Cynthia told him.
"Where are we going again?" he asked, bewildered.
"As I said to take care of you. Let's go Cynthia!" Lucina urged.
"Right! Here we go! Come on Sumia!" She said and gently spurred the Pegasus, urging it onward. The animal, much like Minerva did, obeyed its master and spread its white wings while it started running forward. The man lowered his body so he wouldn't suddenly fall off. Then the Pegasus, once it had reached the necessary speed, jumped. With the help of its wings it moved higher and higher.
"Thank you... Lucina!" The man told her in a reluctant tone.
"Wait! How do you know my name? You said you had your memories wiped out!" She asked him curious, but also a little furious for potentially lying to her.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Fire Emblem: The Man That Never Was

Chapter 1: Rebirth

A/N (Author's Note): How's going everyone?
I would appreciate if you told me with either reviews or follow/favs that you actually enjoy the story so far.
No copyright intended. Please don't mind any grammatical errors.
Until, next time, please have yourselves a darn good one ;D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
J. D. King
Edited by J.D. King

Rebirth (II)
"Wait! How do you know my name? You said you had your memories wiped out!" She asked him curiously, but also slightly furious for potentially lying to her.
"Ehm… Would you believe me if I told you that I don't know how? It just struck my mind," he said, wondering the same thing.
"I see, do you remember anything at all from your past?"
"Unfortunately no… I'm sorry," He responded and suddenly felt a sharp pain. It was hard to describe because it made it difficult to hear, and it felt like his ears were about to burst.
"Hey! You don't need to apologize! We'll help you! Once we reach our destination we will get this all sorted out!" Cynthia added cheerfully.
Robin took some comfort in those words, but the pain he was feeling grew worse and he groaned out to say, "Gah… now my ears are hurting me… What's going on?"
"It's nothing! We went very high in the air in a short amount of time, which means your ears are adjusting to the change in air pressure. But don't worry, you'll get used to it like us," Cynthia reassured him.
"Where in the world are we going anyways?" He sighed still somewhat disoriented. Cynthia giggled, but Lucina remained silent and calm.
After a while, the Pegasus started to lower its altitude, and Robin realized that they were approaching the ground. This scared him a bit, as he couldn't remember the last time he flew in the air, if ever, and the thought of crashing was something that seriously concerned him. In reality a minute had passed, but for him the landing felt like a century. While they were descending, he unconsciously grabbed Cynthia from her waist and instinctively tried to find some comfort.
"Argh…" Cynthia eyes widened as it felt like her stomach was being crushed. "Stranger… You're squeezing me too tight. I think my armor will break if this keeps up" She told him while struggling to breathe. Immediately, he realized they had reached the ground, and for no particular reason, he was embarrassing himself.
"Sorry… again… It's not that I feared we would crash or something… Definitely not that!" He tried to defend himself, but even he realized how silly he seemed. "Yikes… How many times will I apologize today?"
"I hope this will be the last one. Come, it's about time we reach our destination," Lucina told him stoically. She then got down off the animal and helped him off the saddle as well. Back on solid ground, Robin examined his surroundings with a quick glimpse and found that they landed in the middle of a forest. Trees with huge trunks besieged them in every direction with thick firs. He also figured that they should be in, or probably close to, a mountain or somewhere with high altitude.
Although, he found it hard to breathe as there was not enough oxygen for his lungs, and his blood was pumping faster to accommodate for the lack of air. This made his wounds act up again, while the bracing cold did not help either. He moved his arms close to his belly in order to retain his body temperature and quickly tried to calm himself down hoping the pain would subside.
"I'll guide Sumia to the shed and prepare her dinner. You two go in the house. I'll catch up with you later," Cynthia said with a smile. She held her animal's reins and walked together to reach the shed, parting ways with them. Robin then turned his head, so he was face to face with Lucina.
"She never stops smiling, does she?" He asked amazed at how anyone could be always so cheerful.
"She's the only one. Rarely everybody else does. How could we? We live the same nightmare every day, but enough with the chatter. Let's get going. We're late already."
"I'm sorry, I'm afraid I don't understand. Are things really that bad?"
"We will explain in time." She replied somberly.
He paused and thought it over, "So, you're saying that you have a house in the middle of nowhere?"
"We've learned to hide better than anything. It's the first rule to survive."
"Survive," he murmured. Judging from her expression, she looked serious, and he thought that it was better for him not to speak about it while she led him to their home. Surprisingly, it appeared that their shelter was close to them. At least, less than a few meters away was a small pond. Once they were there, exactly opposite to them, there was a huge rock. Leaves and branches covered the top of it, but the middle of it was carved. From what he could see, it was a symbol, a square with a cross inside it. He didn't pay much attention, and he didn't want to ask any more stupid questions like, 'Was this their hideout?'
They quietly walked the perimeter of the pond and stood in front of the rock where Lucina unsheathed her Falchion. It reflected the remains of the sun's rays as it was setting and she carved another square right next to the previous one.
"Let's head back, now," she told him. He nodded, without wanting to say anything, and she glanced back at him surprised at his change in behavior. "Why aren't you talking? I thought you were the chatty type." She said thinking that he was like her cousin.
"I don't know. I believe it's my natural reaction when I'm around new people who I haven't met before. Did you like that type of me?" Robin responded curious.
"No… Gods no…" She said immediately. He frowned in response, but remained calm as they continued moving forward. Suddenly, they heard chirping, and Lucina tried to figure out which bird made that sound, because she couldn't remember it. However, the bird in question came fluttering into view and she saw the two legged creature land on a tree branch next to them. Its feathers were grey while its fuzzy belly was a reddish-orange.
"Look! There's a robin!" The stoic and careful girl suddenly cried in excitement. "They are very rare to see in these places. In fact, I can't remember the last time I saw one of them here. The last time was with… father…" She said lowering her head and returning to her former guarded self.
"That's it! That's my name!" Robin said happily. "My name is Robin! I know it!" Unfortunately, his voice scared the bird away, but it had already served its purpose.
Lucina however, was too preoccupied with a horrid memory to recognize the missing bird or recovered name.
"Hey are you ok? You look pale," he asked worried.
"Yes. Let's just get going." She said somberly and looked inside the pond. It was reflecting her face, and it looked so dark and sad. Trying not to think about it, she raised her Falchion in the air and the pond bubbled in response. A bright green mist started approaching them, and the mist grew bigger and thicker with time. Robin couldn't even see past his nose, and the only thing he could make out was a small light.
"Lucina! Where are you? What's going on?" He said alarmed. The mist grew so big that he couldn't even breathe right. "Lucina!" He cried afraid. He started coughing without realizing it, and his eyes closed as he felt an extreme need to rest. Now he couldn't see anything but darkness.
"He's waking up! Stay back everyone!" Robin slowly opened his eyes. Surprisingly enough, he found himself lying in a soft bed. He didn't know what was scarier; that he was in an unknown place all-alone, after a quite weird incident, or that a lot of strangers surrounded him and acted like they had never seen a human before.
"Lucina!" He cried as he woke up in a hurry, but she was nowhere to be found. The room was as plain as it could get. It had a bed, a table, a small window and, a lot of people. It was starting to get dark, so the only light that the room saw was from the many candles.
"Everyone! He's walking up! I repeat he's walking up!" The young girl said with joy while another woman approached the crowd.
"Are you all daft? What's going on?" She asked.
"Lucina found a survivor and he's waking up! It felt like ages! Won't you greet him?" She told her.
Robin couldn't do anything but admire the woman's looks. She was quite tall, with long scarlet red hair. She had two pigtails. She wore a yellow vest and a dark brown tunic, and he tried to get up closer in order to greet her properly. With a quick movement he was standing in front of her and the others. He had completely forgotten everything that he'd been through, his scars and pain, and instead focused on his new situation. The only thing that mattered right now to him was getting some words out of his mouth.
"Um, hello everyone. I am Robin. Your friend Lucina found me in a destroyed village wounded and injured. I would have died without her, but she didn't stop there, as she brought me here as well. I would like to thank you for accepting me here…-" but before he could finish his words the woman laughed mockingly.
"Is this a joke? You should have left him in the village. Who told you we accepted you? Don't make me laugh. Nobody here trusts you and we'll never will. Lucina told us about you. I don't know why everyone here is so excited, but until you pass the "test" don't expect me to even look at you. Humph!" She huffed and turned her back at him while she left the room without any care for the wounded man.
"Wow…" He was speechless.
"It appears you met Severa!" He heard a familiar voice.
"Lucina!" He said relieved to see her. "I don't get it. What's all this about?"
"Look. I don't know what or who you remember, but right now we're at war against the dragon lord Grima and his Risen forces. He was the one responsible for the village destruction. It was our job not to let that happen, but we arrived too late." She lowered her head with regret. "It's a miracle that you're even alive, because everyday those fiends cut down people without mercy or mistake. That's why it is so surprising to find a survivor, and we produced the green mist to put you to sleep so you wouldn't know where our hideout was. It seems suspicious that they neglected you and it is possible that this could all be a trap. So for now, you will need to pass a test to prove your sincerity. If you do, you will earn our full trust. If you fail, I am afraid we'll part ways."
"By 'part ways' you mean that you will put me to sleep forever?" He grimaced.
"Yes." She replied coldly. She hated to say that, but she had to protect her friends and her mission above all else. "But don't worry, for unknown reasons a lot of the guys here seem to like you already and I have a feeling you'll pass too. Now rest a bit, I'll tell Severa to bring you some food. I also recommend you save your strength because tomorrow will be a long one." She then turned to her companions and said, "So let's give this man some space."
"Okay." the young girl nodded and said, "Bye Robin and I hope you pass!"
He hoped the same, but as she was about to leave he asked "Hey! Before you go, would you let me know your name?"
"Nah" She said with a smile and left, causing the men on the room to laugh secretly.
"What?" Robin replied not understanding why she refused to give her name. Was it another way of hiding their identity? Soon enough, the room was clear, and he saw outside of the window. The moon started glowing, and he rested in the bed again. Looking at the candles around him and noticing the dark sensation that filled his stomach, he resigned to resting in the dimly lit room. As his eyes came to a close, his mind filled with one final thought. "Here we go…"

Chapter 1: Rebirth

A/N (Authors Note): There you have it! Chapter 1 (II)
Clarifications
[1]: Most of the future children will have their specific parent's hair color in order to avoid answering the question: Who's the father/mother?
I would like to thank you for your extremely great support! Be sure to leave a comment and tell me what you think of the story!
No copyright intended. Please don't mind any grammatical errors.
Until next time, please have yourselves a good one ;D
J.D. King
Edited by J.D. King

• 3 weeks later...

Loyalty

"Radiant DAWN!" The vibrant man cried. He held his sword tight, then raised his hand and proceeded to throw it at his opponent. Robin, who was caught off guard was unable to react in time as the sword crashed into his chest with the edge cutting through his clothing. The hit was strong enough to knock him down, and the man shook his head in disappointment, "Dead. Thank goodness we are using wooden swords. If you want to pass the test you will have to try harder." The colorful swordsman offered his hand to help Robin back up and said, "Come on, let's try again. I see that you have some potential."
"They might be made from wood, but they still hurt." Robin told him as he felt the numbness return from all of his bruises.
"Don't worry, eventually the pain dulls away." The blue haired princess commented as she walked into the room. It wasn't anything special, but a square room large enough to fit a battle arena with windows on each side along with weapon racks to hold their equipment. "How's he doing?" She asked as she glanced back to Owain.
"Lucina! Right on time. He got up early at the dawn just like us. So I followed your orders and until now we've been training. He isn't ready for the test, but just give me some time for one last fight. Don't worry, I'll inform you when he's ready."
"Good, thank you for training him Owain, but please hurry, we have no time to waste." She said and turned her back to leave the training room.
"There she went, completely ignoring me." Robin thought as he sighed. Owain also saw Robin's action and broke his silence.
"You know if you fail you're going to die, right? If you keep thinking about irrelevant things that would distract you from battle then it will be your own undoing. So come on now! You hold a negative record of 5 wins and 11 loses. Clear your mind and defeat me. Damn it! Just when I thought you were the one I was searching for." Owain tried to inspire his apprentice.
"Searching for what?" Robin asked in wonder.
"A sidekick of course. Grima may have killed our people, but he can't kill our dreams. Once this is over, my dream is to be part of the legends like those that fought before me. The legendary Owain and his sidekick Robin!" He cried fondly and with some pride at the thought. "You know, like the tales I heard when I was a young toddler." He smiled eager to become the next great legend.
"Well, I'll glad to help you, but we should discuss about that sidekick part." Robin grinned back as he felt the man's enthusiasm. "Although you can relax, I'll do everything I can to pass."
"Great to hear! I've bet my last two dessert rations on you. I don't want to lose them."
"What? Then I have no choice but to attack! Hi-ah!" Robin shouted and charged with his sword. He was aiming directly for his opponent's head, but Owain blocked the hit with his blade.
"You'll have it! Sacred STONES!" Owain yelled ferociously. The swordsman then jumped and spun in midair. Robin watched curiously as his opponent appeared to be dancing in the arena instead of fighting. "What is he doing? This is the first time he's tried something like this." He questioned as he tried to assess the situation. "I know! He's trying to make me lose focus! Like earlier when… she got in. So I have to focus!" He quickly thought.
"Clear MIND!" Robin yelled and attacked him again, this time aiming at his knees. Owain blocked it with his sword in a quick move and waited while Robin's eyes and his locked. They were waiting for their respective opponent's next move as a bitter silence fell across the room. Owain would be the one to make the first move in an attempt to surprise Robin, and he pressed his foot on the ground implying that he was aiming to attack him from the left. However, in a blink of an eye, he moved his body and changed direction to hit him from the right. While Robin couldn't predict the change, he instinctively spun to dodge the hit, and sent his wooden blade crashing at Owain's back.
"Gah!" he yelped back in pain, but smiled back with delight. "Bravo! That's 6-11. I still win, but that move you did was great. Just clear you mind and everything will be okay. Now, wait here," Owain order and proceeded to leave the room to let Lucina know he was ready for the test. This left Robin alone once again, and he looked around gazing at some weapons to pass the time, until he found something that really surprised him. There was a transparent case made from glass with a lance inside of it. From the outside it had a label:
"My Shell Lance. A weapon to remember my love. –Cordelia"
He wondered what was so unique with that weapon, apart from its obvious sea jewels. Strangely, it looked like it was greatly forged, although he had a feeling it was handmade. But it didn't seem to have been used in a battle before either. It was unscathed, and without rust or blemish. Robin then observed that the weapon itself had something written on it. So he tilted his head to try to see what it said.
"Robin!" He stopped and turned to see it was the young girl from yesterday.
"Hey! I remember you! Why didn't you tell me your name when I asked you?" His words made her cover her eyes with her hand in annoyance. She got closer to him and said. "Augh, this happens every time! My name is in fact "Nah"! Yes. I have a silly name I know, but it came from someone who was special to me."
Robin started laughing, pretty hard actually, much to Nah's annoyance.
"Don't make me mad! I can eat you whole with one move! I'm a-" Robin had shook his hand to sign her to stop.
"Haha. I'm not laughing because of your name," He said while calming himself down.
"What? Your not?" She asked surprised.
"Of course not. That would be rude and hurt your feelings which is the last thing I want to do. I was laughing because you have a special name, but you don't actually know it."
"I don't see why it is special. Everyone always laughs when they hear it."
"It's their fault that they can't see its uniqueness. And it's double their fault that they hurt your feelings," Robin told her sincerely while she stared at him silently.
"Thanks, I never thought of it that way before." She lowered her head as she reflected on it. "I do hope you pass today, because it would be a shame to lose someone like you from what I've seen so far."
"I am not sure if I'll win if I don't know what to face, but I don't plan on dying if I can help it."
Suddenly they heard the sound of multiple footsteps coming from behind them.
"They're here." Nah realized that this would be the moment of truth. "Go and stand at the middle of the arena! Quick!" Robin did as she said and stood still wondering what he might face. Then a horde of people walked inside the room and Robin feared he might have to fight them all. "Here we go!" Robin thought and prepared his wooden sword. They surrounded the small arena, so every one of them could see him. Lucina was there too standing directly opposite of him. He took a deep breath to steady himself as he watched them, wondering whom his opponent might be, or if it was to be all of them. He shook his head in surprise when he saw a hairy man with huge muscles coming at him and he gulped knowing he was in for a challenge.
"Robin," he said. " understand that if you fail, you will... lose your life?"
"I do and I will accept your judgment. I would gladly follow the rules, even if that would cost me my life," Robin responded earnestly.
"Very well, I present you your o-opponent; one of our best soldiers, and a true warrior."
"Lady Severa!" Owain gestured letting her know it was time. She then entered the room and she was exactly the same as she was the day before. Still messing with Robin's head with her imposing way of walking and her harsh presence. The rest moved out-of-the-way for her to pass, and she entered the arena holding her katana. Robin bowed respectfully to greet his opponent, but she ignored him. He was sweating a little nervous, but remembered Owain's words: "Clear Mind"
"I must admit you were the last person I was expecting. Good luck," He wished her.
"Oh, please… I don't need luck. Prepare your weapon and let's finish this," She told him coldly. Robin unsheathed his wooden sword once again and took his battle stance.
"Are you daft? You will fight with this? Why do you think death is your penalty for losing? We'll use real swords. Give him a real one guys and let's finish this," She said, obviously irritated. Lucina then left her position and gave him a steel sword. He smiled at her, but she didn't respond. Severa then prepared her killing edge, and he saw the ferocity in her eyes which made him gulp.
"Let's do this!" Robin said passionately, not willing to be beat before the battle began.

Chapter 2: Loyalty

A/N (Author's Note): Happy mother's day everyone! This will also be part 1 out of 2 with the second one coming tomorrow. That's why it ended up being a bit short. More details about the chapter will be in the next author's note. Please remember to tell me what you think so far! Thank you for your great support.

Please don't mind any grammatical errors. No copyright intended.

Until next time, please have yourselves a good one! ;D

J.D. King

Edited by J.D. King

Loyalty (II)

He swung his new steel blade around as he shifted his battle stance. He had gotten used to his wooden sword, but this one was heavier and uncomfortable to use. He stared a bit at his opponent. He saw her relaxed, but a bit irritated at the same time by him. Her behavior intrigued him and he felt that she had a long kept secret buried deep inside her.
He remembered the lance he saw earlier and how it was entrusted to her. Maybe it was just a handmade one, but it meant a lot. That lance was the proof that someone loved her very much. Unfortunately for him, Severa was still the person that could end his life if he let his guard down. He didn't even know how she used her sword, or her fighting style. The only thing that he could do was predict and foresee her actions. He seemed to have an act for thinking of winning strategies in just a couple of seconds which might have carried over from his lost memories. He lost his train of thought wondering what his past might have been like, but then he heard her charging at him with a fury and had little choice but to react.
"Hi-ah!" She cried and rushed at him with her killing edge. Quickly, his heartbeat rose and adrenaline pumped through his body as he prepared himself. He felt the cold sweat in his forehead, and he took a deep breath to respond with a swing of his own. The sound of the two blades hitting one another rang through the room, and he saw her shaking her head furiously with more rage as she pushed her blade aside. She seemed surprised that he blocked her blow, and was expecting this to be over before it began.
"Perfect." He thought noticing the change in her. This gave him a small advantage as his opponent wouldn't have a clear mind. Or at least, that was what he hoped. Then, she came to him with a volley of fast moves, and faked an attack that caught Robin off guard while she used her left hand to throw a punch in his chest. Her strategy paid off and hit dead on his large wound. Unfair play? Maybe it was, but there are no rules other than to survive in this world. This instinct of survival was shown when she stroke him with her fist. Robin shouted and knelt down from the severe pain as he saw her blade at his neck. Blood was seeping through his reopened wound, and he looked heavily fatigued.
"First rule of fighting, have no weakness, and if you do, then don't show them. Second, have no remorse for your opponent," She said with a cold tone. They were heavy words, but they gave Robin a clue on what her next attack would be; a chop at his neck. She raised her sword and he knew it was coming. He rolled over and got up as quickly as he could. Fortunately enough, he was alive and still on his game. He observed her, and she was obviously aggravated about how he still had enough energy to act so quickly and was also caught off-guard. "Time to think. She is obviously good with the sword, but she must have a weak spot somewhere." He thought quickly.
He then attacked her this time, aiming at her lower body. She blocked the hit easily and responded with a swing aimed at his neck again. Although, he dodged the hit and responded with a sweeping leg kick. She never saw that one coming, as she was sure that her sword would find target with her previous move, and it had cost her dearly. Meanwhile, Robin already planned his next move and didn't let her recover. He immediately grabbed her from her biceps and shook them with a violent force so that her katana would fall to the ground. With her arms pinned and defeat looking inevitable, she instinctively hit his stomach with her head as strong as she could in a last ditched effort. However, this time he withstood the hit, and pushed her away while he kicked her weapon to the corner of the arena. To which Owain watched in both pride in awe at his apprentice.
"That's it. Say goodnight." Her words made Robin a bit confused. Although he had the upper hand she felt comfortable about the outcome. Was she just arrogant or she was about to show her secret technique that Robin was waiting for? Either way she rushed at him, while Robin did the same, thinking that what she was about to do was suicide. Then, once she had reached close to him she pressed her first foot on the ground, implying she was aiming to attack him from the right, but in a blink of an eye, she moved her body so she changed direction and tried to get past him from the left. Luckily, Robin saw this coming from miles away since Owain did the exact same thing earlier. So he grabbed her and they fell together on the ground. With him lying on top of her, staring at her pure hazel eyes. At the same time he held her arms tight, so she wouldn't do anything that could surprise him.
"Are we done here?" He asked, but didn't get a response. He felt that she was lost in her thought staring at him too. He felt weird, but in a nice kind of weird. He then whispered to her as they both got up. "My first rule: Never be predictable."
She shook her head, revealing her annoyance and silently walked her way out of the room. He felt relieved knowing it was over and inhaled deeply. He then exhaled with great force as the fight felt like it had lasted for an hour. He heard clapping and saw Nah running at him. She jumped and hugged him.
"You earned me an extra desert ration and no chores for a week! Thanks!" She said happily knowing she had won her bet. Robin smiled and looked at the rest. He saw Lucina, but she didn't reveal any emotion. She just clapped, but he got the feeling that she was deeply lost in her thought too. He then saw Owain who nodded his head to him and winked which made Robin feel proud of himself. Suddenly, he sensed someone touching his shoulder from the back and he jumped in surprise.
"Stay still, wontcha?" He heard a rough voice call to him and felt his chest getting colder and colder, and in a couple of seconds his wound didn't cause him any more pain.
"Thanks…erm?"He scrunched his eyes not remembering being introduced to his helper.
"Brady! No prob. man. Anytime. You're one of us now," he told him.
"Phew, so now what?" He calmly asked as he looked back at the crowd.
"Now, you will come with me. Your exceptional fighting skills earned you your first mission. Come, I'll reveal you the details, we have no time," a man close to him said. He was wearing a large pointed hat.
"May I ask your name too?" He asked unsure.
"I am called Laurent. It is a pleasure to finally meet you. Now please come," he motioned to follow and Robin did. They walked out of the training room to the corridors and he noticed the building he was in seemed old, like an old castle or something. He tried to see outside of the windows, but all he could see were trees and that he was a lot higher than them. Finally, when they reached the room they were heading, Laurent opened the door and brought him into a large library. Every shelf was filled with stacks of books, and there was a desk in the front right corner with a window overlooking a bed.
"Did you write all these?" Robin asked amazed at the collection.
Laurent smiled and said, "No… well to be clear, not all of them. My mother wrote most of these books. She was a unique female and a great author. Now about your first mission, which starts right now. Lucina, Owain and you will be heading to rescue a family in the woods. Gerome told us that Risen hit the area and that we should hurry. Are you in?"
"Of course"
"Good. Then drink… where is it again?" He was searching for something; he rapidly moved his head around in an attempt to find it. "Ah, here we are." He said and showed him a small bottle.
"Let me guess… You'll put me to sleep again right?"
"Right."
He sighed and grabbed the potion. "What else can I do?" He then opened it and drank the liquid inside it. "Hmm… It didn't taste that ba-…" He immediately felt dizzy and fell on the ground unconscious.
When he opened his eyes and looked around, noticing he was in an environment closely resembling the one he was in yesterday. There were trees all around him and fresh air blowing at him.
"Sleep well, Robin?" Lucina asked him as she noticed him stir.
"Well… I can't say that I didn't," he said with a smile.
She nodded and said, "Then let's move. The house must be close and- " Her attention changed when she noticed the place she was looking for and cried out, "Look up there!"
The two other party members did and found a house resting on the apex of a hill.
Lucina then said, "We will need to split up. I will head to the house and you will stay here with Owain and fight any Risen that might show up," She ordered and started running in the woods without looking back. Once again Robin was left alone with the vibrant swordsman and he sighed to say, "There she goes again. It seems like I can barely say a few words to her before she runs off."
"She's a really nice person once you get to know her, but she's been through a lot," The swordsman frowned. "Let's take a look around and if everything is clear we'll follow her," he continued.
They quickly checked their surroundings. Everything seemed quiet and safe. Then, because they hadn't found any Risen, they were trying to catch up with her, but heard branches cracking.
"Wait, someone is here." Robin told him as he sensed another presence.
"Not someone, something," Owain corrected him. "Stay close. You haven't faced anything like this yet."
"Owain!" He shouted and pointed at a shadow coming at them. Instantly, a dark figure jumped in front of them with a spear in its hand. Robin didn't know what to make of it, because this creature's skin was a decayed darkish grey while its eyes were glowing bright red. Strangely enough, it had long brown hair and wore a yellow mask, but it had no armor so it showed its deep and menacing form.
"Gwaaaa… Kill…" It yelled with its deep and haunting voice. Its presence alone gave Robin the creeps.
"This thing is over two meters high. How will we…?"
"Don't be afraid, just attack it!" He cried and unsheathed his sword. "Oh! Legendary Mysteltainn lend me your power!" He continued and rushed at the monster. He pushed his blade inside the creature's chest and dark purple ashes started to emit from it. Unfortunately, Owain's blade was stuck inside the monster's belly, and he was unable to get it out.
"Owain! Watch out!" Robin screamed.
Unfortunately, it was too late for Owain by the time he recovered his sword. The monster spread its arm and delivered a huge blow which sent him flying over ten meters away leaving him unconscious on the ground. Now Robin was alone with only his steel sword to keep him company. He was afraid, of course, who wouldn't be? But he tried to diminish these feelings by taking a deep breath and examining his opponent. "Hmmm… stabbing it didn't work, but what about decapitating it?" He thought, while trying to remain clam.
With slow, but large movements the walking beast was getting closer and closer. However, undeterred, Robin charged forward and when he reached a close distance of two with three meters away he started to run circles around it. The zombie fighter was confused at this tactic, and it looked around and around just to get a glimpse of its opponent, only to fail every time.
Robin was moving really fast. "This is my opening," he thought. Then, he jumped at the back of the monster and with all his strength he swung his blade high enough to slice its neck and sever its head. Immediately, the red glow of its eyes stopped and the body of the zombie fell apart, turning to deep purple ashes. Robin filled with joy for his small accomplishment. Then, he rushed to check on his friend to see how bad he was. When he reached him, Owain's head was bleeding and he might have a concussion. Suddenly, he heard a woman's scream in great pain. "Aauuuughhh!"
"It's Lucina!" Owain yelled afraid. "They got her. Gods. They got her."
"What?! No that can't be!" Robin yelled not willing to believe it. "Maybe there is still time, maybe we can save her!"
"No, It's too late. Too late. Run for your life. Leave this place or you will fall too!" Owain cried before losing his consciousness in front of Robin's eyes.
"No I, I can't abandon her. " Robin shouted back. "Hang on Owain, I'll get help for you too, but Lucina is in more danger." Without any more thought, he started running with all of his might at the same direction Lucina had gone and he passed through trees and bushes at full speed like nothing was going to stop him. He was determined to save her, at any cost to himself. Then, the house appeared in his horizon, and it was plain without many features.
"There it is. Lucy… Stay strong. I'm coming!" He cried and rushed forward to reach the front door only to find it was locked. So he kicked the door with all of his might and broke the lock apart with one strong blow. He then jumped inside holding his steel blade tightly, and to his surprise found that no one else was inside the building. There was no sign of any life, and Robin feared the worst.
"Lucina!" He shouted at the top of his lungs desperately trying to find her. "Gods, please don't let me be too late."
He frantically began looking around in a desperate attempt to find her. "LUCINA!" He shouted again, praying that she was still alive to respond back. He had to save her, he had to. She had already saved his life once, and he owed her so much for it. "I have to find her, and I have to make those damn things pay. Quick Robin, think. They had to have dragged her somewhere. Maybe if I can-"
At that time something happened that instantly left Robin in a state of loss. He saw Nah, Brady, the hairy guy with the long ears, Laurent and others he had yet to meet all approach him from a concealed door at the back of the house. He didn't understand what was going on, so without thinking, Robin yelled at them that Lucina needed their help, but stopped when he felt a touch on his shoulder from the back.
"Congratulations Robin. You just passed the true test. You're a Shepherd now," Lucina gave him a warm smile as he turned around. He was greatly relieved to see that she was okay, and unbeknownst to him, her smile made him blush.

Chapter 2: Loyalty

A/N (Author's Note): So what you thought about that small twist? Judging from the title, Lucina didn't test Robin's skills as a fighter, but his "Loyalty" to a cause and her. And he succeeded. He didn't let her "die". He didn't run like a dog to save himself like a coward. He rushed to help her, even if that would cost him his life. This meant "loyalty" to friendship and this also meant that he had what it took to become one of them. But how did Lucina and the others set up such a trick? What about Owain… didn't he fall on the ground unconscious? These questions will be answered in the next chapter. Stay tuned!

Until next time, please have yourselves a good one :)

J.D. King

Edited by J.D. King

• 3 weeks later...
The Ark

"Congratulations Robin. You just passed the true test. You're a Shepherd now," Lucina gave him a warm smile as he turned around. He was greatly relieved to see that she was okay, and unbeknownst to him, her smile made him blush.
He was staring at her, replying with a smile on his own. He felt his body flooding with happiness. She had, finally, expressed a positive feeling towards him. Maybe it was something as small as a smile. Maybe it was nothing. What was certain was that, for him, it was the first step to living his dream. A secret dream that was buried deep inside him. When he felt it was getting awkward, he looked around and noticed that the other Shepherds were happy that he had passed as well.
His eyes were moving quickly as he searched for a particular person. Unfortunately as long as he searched he just couldn't find her.
"So… Robin. Don't you have anything to say?" Lucina asked him, much to his surprise.
"How did you guys set this up, and why?" He asked, like he couldn't believe what was happening. "I mean I am just a random guy from a burned village and no memory of what happened." He continued unsettled. All those joyful feelings he was feeling faded away as a new thought overtook him. "It seems like a waste of resources to use on me."
"What do you mean Robin?" Lucina asked. Meanwhile, her friends came close to them and wanted to congratulate Robin themselves. He gave no attention and continued. He was serious.
"I mean, why go through all of this trouble for someone like me? If I was such a high risk, then why waste so much resources for someone who might be of no use."
Lucina did not understand the question, because the answer seemed obvious. Why wouldn't they want to help someone else if they were sincere with their actions?
"Pardon me, Robin. The situation is not as you think. You are not as high of a risk as it may seem, but it's protocol for all possible recruits. Someone taking part in the test that runs away is both a coward, and possibly a traitor to our cause. You on the other didn't run. So you proved that you're worthy of being part of group." Laurent explained to him systematically.
"I see. But the Risen and Owain? That seemed too real to be faked, and the risks would not be worth it."
"See for yourself!" Laurent told him and soon Robin saw a familiar face.
"Owain! Thank Naga you are okay" Robin said seeing him walking toward them with a grin on his face.
"Yeah, sorry for tricking you." Owain told him calmly. "But as you can see I'm fine."
"But what about that disgusting creature? I presume that thing is part of the Risen you keep speaking of, but I don't think our enemy would willingly take part in this exercise."
"It was because of this," Owain told him and removed a small box from his pocket. It gave off a strange and horrible smell, and Robin felt like he couldn't breathe. "This is a reeking box. Inside it has the purple dust you saw earlier. Let's just say it can call a Risen instantly, out of nowhere. Our enemies use them to grow their army bigger and stronger. They, compared to us, can control them too. We haven't figured a way yet," he told him.
"Yikes. I got it. I got it. Put it back please," he told him quickly not wanting to see another one of those hideous things. "So that means that my match with Severa was fixed as well?"
"Good job captain obvious! You thought a 'C minus' swordsman could beat me?" Severa came into the picture and looked back at him appalled. "Think twice, smarty-pants. You 'beat' me because you predicted my final move. A move I told Owain to show you in your last practice-fight."
Robin was both confused about her appearance and disappointed about her words. He also wondered where she had shown up from. Had she just entered the building, or was she there the whole time?
"Laurent?" He asked hoping for an explanation.
"Sorry, Robin. That was part of the plan too. But I wouldn't say you are a C minus fighter, if that would make you feel better."
"C minus?" Robin whispered not knowing what it meant. "Why do I keep having more questions than answers?"
"It's a way to categorize ourselves depending on our strengths and weaknesses. Laurent's idea," Owain added.
"And now what?" He asked for one final time.
"Now we return to base. We'll pack our things and leave." Lucina told him promptly.
"We're leaving?" He asked surprised
"Of course. We are heading to the Ark. It is an important place that will help us determine how to fight off these creatures you just saw." She said and made a hand gesture to signal for everyone to head outside. Robin got out and felt the cold air again, through his shirt, covering his body. He sighed and moved with the rest back to the base.

When they got back, Robin entered his room and took one last look at the window in his room. He opened it and saw the black dark sky filled with small bright stars. Then he observed the wildlife, the small birds, chirping loudly. He smiled. Then a little bird came flying at him. He spread his right arm for the little birds to sit on it, and he observed its red fluffy belly closely with the help of candles' light. "There there little fella. I won't hurt you. Especially since we are both a type of robin." He laughed lightly to himself. "Lucina also seemed very fond of you too. Hmm? You are asking who she is? She's… a unique woman. To be honest I know little about her, as I only met her yesterday. She wasn't keen talking to me, though. But she seemed more open today after the ... test. Oh! Did you see that?" Robin asked in awe as the sky looked less bleak for a moment.
The little bird chirped almost to acknowledge him, even though he knew that wasn't possible. Yet, it was still on his right hand's index finger, looking at him back curiously. "That my friend was a falling star. In these situations we make a wish and wait until it comes true. Hmmm, Now you want to know what I wished for, right? Heh, I wished to find out about who I am and I also wished for that girl, Lucina, to find what she really wants. To be honest, you don't know how lucky you are my friend. There is a great war happening, and it seems like my new friends have been on the run for a while. Not to mention tomorrow I will go to a place called 'Ark' with them. But you have those wings ready to fly wherever you want, free of any troubles." He told the robin in wonder. "And maybe go to your family if you felt like it. I, on the other-hand don't even know if I have a family. If there was anyone special in my life, if my parents are alive, or where I lived. But I guess I am lucky to be here. These guys here opened their hearts and let me in. For now, I'm not sure I could be more grateful."
"Erh-hum. Robin?" He heard a feminine voice.
"Yikes!" He reeled back in surprise. Immediately, the little robin fled for his finger, and he saw it flying for one last time and lost it when it entered the woods. He then turned around and saw-
"Nah! How long have you been here?" He asked surprised. She was staring him with her bright pink eyes, wearing her cute white dress and red boots.
"Having fun talking to the birdie?"
Robin felt embarrassed and said, "W-what. No! I wasn't-"
She gave a soft chuckle and said, "It's okay Robin. We all have our secrets. If you take me for example, I never met my parents. I was young when they passed away. I never met them. You, on the other, live with the hope of meeting them, again someday. I don't have hope for that. Then after their death, the darkest years of my life came," she said. Robin saw her moist eyes, as she was verging on tears.
"Nah. I had no idea," He said trying to calm her. He approached her gently and let her touch her head on his shoulder. He tried to stroke her sea-foam green hair and listened to her crying and it broke his heart.
"Easy, Nah… I'm here. Don't worry, you have me," he told her as he was holding her tight. "We have a long day tomorrow, I guess," he continued. The young girl, then wiped her tears, took a deep breath and thanked him for his help. She nodded to him.
"I apologize Robin. Every time I think about it, it's just…"
"Shh… It's okay," Robin tried to comfort her.
"My door is always open, for anything you need. And we can continue our talk at some other time, right?"
"Right," she said, and then gave him a quick hug. She then moved her head close to his, pressed her lips on his right cheek and quickly left the room and left him immobilized. He closed his eyes and sighed. He got on his bed again, lifted the sheets and slept to gain strength for his next long long day.

Chapter 3: The Ark
A/N (Author's Note): Hello again everybody! This chapter was a "quiet" and smooth one, more like the aftermath of the previous chapter. In the next one our characters will head to visit the "Ark"…
No copyright intended.
Until next time, please have yourselves a darn good one ;D
J.D. King
Edited by J.D. King

• 3 months later...
Hello everyone! It's been a while actually. Truth to be told there are many more chapters than those posted here, though they're on a different site. I will post a link and hope that the moderators will understand it has nothing to do with spam, or anything bad.

So, if you're interested in reading the rest of Robin's adventures on the doomed future, click on the Grima below. Have fun! :)

rKFfber.png