This is basically a GBA animation of the FE13 Griffon Rider, but now with Swords! Get yours with only $19.99

Wow, I started this back in 2013, but I was inexperienced and kept losing interest. Now it's ready and I'm very excited to release this!

NO Permission required to use.

Whereas the FE13 Griffon Rider had stats that were in between Falco Knights and Dragon Lords and acted like aerial swordmasters, this rendition is sword of (Best pun EVARR) meant to play like an aerial Hero class, with balanced stats all around, but with slightly more HP, Str and Def, and slightly less Luck and Res.

4_zpsepev00cd.png2_zpsilzkvc43.png

1_zpsz9qvvzho.png3_zpsrndoojhe.png

Update (9/6/15): Map sprite palette updated.

DOWNLOAD:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/36q3sj0wwl2ccqk/Griffon%20Knight%20by%20the%20Blue%20Druid.zip?dl=1

Edited by Blue Druid

Honestly, it looks really good. The movement is quite smooth, and I especially like the little flip it does as it returns to starting position. The axe looks really cool, too. One question, though, does the "warp" from the bottom left of the screen to the top look more natural in-game? It looked a little fast, like it was teleporting rather than flying.

... And now I'm really tempted to replace all of the pegasus knights in my project with griffon knights. Grats on finishing; battle anims are so easy to procrastinate on because of the scripting (which isn't that hard but seems daunting until one actually does it).

Mind if I try making a promoted animation based on this? You'll still get credit, of course.

Thanks, you guys!

Honestly, it looks really good. The movement is quite smooth, and I especially like the little flip it does as it returns to starting position. The axe looks really cool, too. One question, though, does the "warp" from the bottom left of the screen to the top look more natural in-game? It looked a little fast, like it was teleporting rather than flying.

Yes, it does, because in the script there is a very short delay when the griffon flies off screen, so it doesn't look like it's teleporting.

... And now I'm really tempted to replace all of the pegasus knights in my project with griffon knights. Grats on finishing; battle anims are so easy to procrastinate on because of the scripting (which isn't that hard but seems daunting until one actually does it).

Mind if I try making a promoted animation based on this? You'll still get credit, of course.

Thanks! I was really procrastinating on this one, especially because it was so much work.

But it's already sort of meant to be a promoted unit. Feel free to make any animation you want though.

Why not post this in the huge animation topic? It'll wind up lost otherwise.

I did. I just wanted to make a thread for discussion, maybe if someone could report a glitch and/or problem with the animation, or maybe I'll release an update someday.

Edited by Blue Druid

But it's already sort of meant to be a promoted unit. Feel free to make any animation you want though.

I know it's a promoted class in Awakening, but it just seems wrong to me to have wyverns/pegasi that transform into griffons when they promote when I'm using FE7 where there are no split promotions.

Come to think of it, if I left pegasi in, then I could have a whole weapon triangle of flying classes. Hmm...

I'll let you know if I end up making anything.

Edited by Alusq

Yes, you could have Falco Knights with Lances and Swords, Dragon Lords with Axes and Lances and the Griffon Knight (as a stand alone promoted class) with Axes and Swords.

Yes, you could have Falco Knights with Lances and Swords, Dragon Lords with Axes and Lances and the Griffon Knight (as a stand alone promoted class) with Axes and Swords.

Lol, funnily enough, I gave the replaced griffon knight sword/axe too.

For different reason tho. Interesting coincidence.

I was thinking of doing this for my hack. Cool animation btw! =D I hope you don't mind me using your animation for my hack.

I was thinking of doing this for my hack. Cool animation btw! =D I hope you don't mind me using your animation for my hack.

Thanks, but why would I mind? That's why I made it.

Edited by Blue Druid

Do you mind if i add some armor to the Griffon for a promoted Griffon Lord?

So this way Griffon Knights can promote to Griffon Lords.

Also if you don't mind the edit, Would you mind if i uploaded it(for other people to use)?

Now that I've looked at it, it looks less weird in motion, the still shot feels like the leg is going through the wing lol

It's pretty noticeable lol

To be honest you guys, I don't really see the problem with this, but what do you propose I do?

Do you mind if i add some armor to the Griffon for a promoted Griffon Lord?

So this way Griffon Knights can promote to Griffon Lords.

Also if you don't mind the edit, Would you mind if i uploaded it(for other people to use)?

What if we make another animation with a smaller griffon and rename this one Griffon Lord?

The griffon is what makes this one look unpromoted in the first place, I think. It's pretty small in comparison to a pegasus or a wyvern and has no special embellishment (e.g. a white head or armor). This is understandable since it's based on the mauthe doog, which is emaciated in the first place. On the other hand, the rider looks like he could be a promoted unit because he has the armor/sword of a wyvern lord and Hawkeye's (I think?) axe, so giving the griffon an unpromoted rider and giving the rider a promoted griffon would do the trick.

I added no special decoration to the griffon because it's sort of a wild creature that will never be truly tamed. True it was based on the mauthe doog but also in real life a horse in taller than a lion. I sort of like the wild, undecorated look, though I will make a version with an unpromoted rider.