Picture from Famitsu's 27th of May showing. [New and Exclusive Characters!]

Rizziah

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I guess so.

Guess we're getting Sacred Stones-style world map grinding this time.

Isn't the grinding in Hoshido from a menu where you pay to fight people on certain maps?

Also, I'm so conflicted right now. I love the design and what little we know of Harold's personality, but goddamn do I just hate most axe users. Also, I hope his character skill + luck stat isn't too detrimental, I'm not sure I'd enjoy a unit where every fight I'm praying not to get destroyed by a crit I'll still force myself to use him.

Isn't the grinding in Hoshido from a menu where you pay to fight people on certain maps?

Also, I'm so conflicted right now. I love the design and what little we know of Harold's personality, but goddamn do I just hate most axe users. Also, I hope his character skill + luck stat isn't too detrimental, I'm not sure I'd enjoy a unit where every fight I'm praying not to get destroyed by a crit I'll still force myself to use him.

Well, I just meant Sacred Stones-style in the sense that it had a world map and grinding, but you couldn't infinitely grind like Awakening.

Now that you mention it...

Another reason to like her!

Please let her be like Toph. I'd love her. Instant and permanent spot on my team.

I wonder. They mentioned that Nohr would get something like arenas but not for exp. Could it be for skills?

I think it's a possibility, although I don't want to have to risk my characters life (not to mention a whole chapter) just to get skills.

Edited by BlueL

I think it's a possibility, although I don't want to have to risk my characters life (not to mention a whole chapter) just to get skills.

Maybe it would be an in base arena like New Mystery but then again that lends itself to abuse. Not that FE hasn't had methods of abusing things (looks at BEXP and other things)

Well, considering Harold is holding a Hand Axe (手斧) and a scissor? axe (鋏の斧) (possibly an iron axe (鉄の斧), too blurry to tell), at least he can use ranged weapons (the hand axe) to avoid direct attacks.

Well, I just meant Sacred Stones-style in the sense that it had a world map and grinding, but you couldn't infinitely grind like Awakening.

Nohr side sounds like it'll be a pain with out grinding and I to grind. So Arena are out too damn I guess I will have to pick certain units when it come to battle on Nohr side. Suck hosido get all the functions I like in Awakening while Nohr side has the more interesting story and characters Hosido has the better battle mechanics. I call favoritism. I am not bitter.? Edited by mikethepokemaster

c.) If they do give us the skills of the class as long as the level number is met, users will abuse this system and just use 2 or 3 parallel seals in succession after the unit hits level 10 unpromoted to get all the skills in their unpromoted tier, and do the exact same thing of using 2 or 3 parallel seals in a row when the unit hits level 15 promoted.

I think the parallel seals will be (I hope) limited in number so it isn't THAT abusable. Maybe they could make it so you get to choose one skill from that class when you change to it. Like if you changed class to Dark Mage at level 10, you would get to choose between Hex and Anathema. Skills being easier to gather would definitely be an improvement.

I'm just gonna throw this out there but does Oboro's face and smirk remind anyone else of Toph from The Last Airbender cartoon or is it just me?

This makes her possible class role as sass-master even better.

I've been thinking for a while that it'd be pretty cool if parallel proofs changed the units class, while keeping the level for that class, but when you would switch to another class, you'd start at level 1 for the first time only.

Let's say your unit is a level 9 Strategist, and you change him to a Paladin. Boom, level 1.

You level him up to level 10, grab the skill, want to switch him back to Strategist.

Use another parallel proof, and your unit is a level 9 Strategist again.

This could limit the amount of stat abusing because characters would only be able to get to level 20 for each class once.

We've seen unit's promote from base classes, and we've seen promoted classes switch to other promoted classes, but have we heard anything about switching base classes? It's possible that Felicia/Joker/(Pre-promotes?) have extra classes because they don't have access to a base class, but every other unit that has their base class would only get to promote to two upgraded classes, then switch between them as the player sees fit? That way every unit has 3 or 4 classes they can max out before they're done leveling up forever.

It's currently 4AM here, so sorry if none of this makes sense because my brain wants sleep, but I had to put this thought out there.

WHY DOES EVERYBODY HATE INNES?

The mullet.

---

Once again, thanks for the translation! It wouldn't surprise me in the least if someone had Hoshido-hater on the Nohr side. Also, if Oboro winds up being an enemy on the Nohr route, she'll probably scream at you, then call for Takumi at the end (just wild speculation).

The mullet.

---

Once again, thanks for the translation! It wouldn't surprise me in the least if someone had Hoshido-hater on the Nohr side. Also, if Oboro winds up being an enemy on the Nohr route, she'll probably scream at you, then call for Takumi at the end (just wild speculation).

Hey, Innes is fine. He's just kinda like an elf in his game.

That second part would suck. Oboro, you're my favorite colors. You and Takumi go great together but Red and Orange clash!

Edited by Only MU V2

I hope she isn't another Cordelia or Catria. Instead I would like her to be like Vanessa where she can have her prince if you want.

WHY DOES EVERYBODY HATE INNES?

I liked him and his supports with Vanessa and Gerik are really good. Edited by Pretty_Handsome

I've been thinking for a while that it'd be pretty cool if parallel proofs changed the units class, while keeping the level for that class, but when you would switch to another class, you'd start at level 1 for the first time only.

Let's say your unit is a level 9 Strategist, and you change him to a Paladin. Boom, level 1.

You level him up to level 10, grab the skill, want to switch him back to Strategist.

Use another parallel proof, and your unit is a level 9 Strategist again.

This could limit the amount of stat abusing because characters would only be able to get to level 20 for each class once.

We've seen unit's promote from base classes, and we've seen promoted classes switch to other promoted classes, but have we heard anything about switching base classes? It's possible that Felicia/Joker/(Pre-promotes?) have extra classes because they don't have access to a base class, but every other unit that has their base class would only get to promote to two upgraded classes, then switch between them as the player sees fit? That way every unit has 3 or 4 classes they can max out before they're done leveling up forever.

It's currently 4AM here, so sorry if none of this makes sense because my brain wants sleep, but I had to put this thought out there.

I think the purpose of the parallel seal was so that you could change your class at all in nohr because there is no grinding and having the unit back at level 1 would be a pain in the ass if you cant grind them back to strenght

Awakening's skill system makes no sense without level resetting. I thought that it was obvious that it will be different, but apparently not.

I was seriously surprised to see people think that level-reseting would be in the game so the skill system would work. I don't see the logic in assuming that the skill system will be the same and leveling mechanics will have to work around that somehow and not the other way around.

But the information that we have right now is pretty much that the skill system is the same (gaining skills with level ups in a certain class, skill pool that can be freely swapped out with active skills), aside from the addition of one unique personal skill that can't be removed. Obviously we're still missing something though, if there's really no 2nd seal. People have mentioned the idea of class changing on the level where you'd get new skills, but that seems completely counter intuitive and would block those skills completely if you aren't on Hoshido with infinite grinding and money. That would leave any end game DLC completely lopsided in difficulty too, rather than compatible with both campaigns.

Assuming that skills are learned at the same levels like they were in Awakening, you can still learn a lot of skills if you have enough Parallel Seals (which didn't specify that you need to be at lv. 10 to use):

For example, if a unit has Merc > BK/Hero and Cav > GK/Paladin, they can:

At level 1 Merc > change to lv. 1 Cav > train to lv 10 Cav to learn the skill > switch back to lv 10 Merc to learn all unpromoted skills > promote to Hero > switch to BK > switch to GK > switch to Paladin to learn all lvl 1. promoted skills > and so on....

I get the feeling they meant that you could learn many different skills, but not at once... for all intents and purposes, we still only have control over 5 skill slots just like in Awakening, and if we get scrolls or any kind of distributable skills, with four unavoidable ones from class, it really doesn't seem like we'd need anything else. We shall see.

Edit:

But the information that we have right now is pretty much that the skill system is the same (gaining skills with level ups in a certain class, skill pool that can be freely swapped out with active skills), aside from the addition of one unique personal skill that can't be removed. Obviously we're still missing something though, if there's really no 2nd seal. People have mentioned the idea of class changing on the level where you'd get new skills, but that seems completely counter intuitive and would block those skills completely if you aren't on Hoshido with infinite grinding and money. That would leave any end game DLC completely lopsided in difficulty too, rather than compatible with both campaigns.

Well, maybe there won't be any end game dlc at all for Nohr! Yeah, right.

Like some people suggested before, maybe grinding becomes available once you reach the final chapter. Possibly you even get level resetting devices at that point. Imho, grinding was a bit too important and successful in Awakening for it to mostly disappear this quickly.

Edited by Cysx