Can The Black Knight Die In Part 1?

Ishi

So yeah I know its impossible on easy and normal but can anyone scratch him in hard mode like Jarad. If so what's his retreat like ( I assume he retreats as he's really plot essential).

I can't remember how somebody did it, but I do recall seeing a video of the Black Knight retreating.

He has a retreat quote in the game script, at least.

Black Knight: …Perfection. Your skill…is far superior to mine…

Micaiah: You… You must be kidding! For the Black Knight to fall like this… How could a nobody like that defeat…such a warrior…?

I love how it's kinda meta XD

what can ya say, the game devs thought of everything!

Except in the localised version, where they removed the Herons' battle conversations in the tower, thinking they weren't used. Whoops, forgot about the spell cards XD

Would it be somehow possible that BK can be attacked by four tigers in enemy phase in 3-6?

If yes, he could theoretically die. A laguz can do a maximum damage of six to him. BK heals himself by 18, so if four tigers can attack and are able to hit him, he could lose six HP at worst (4x6-18=6). That also means it would last 12 turns at least.

I don't want to know the chance of happening (if it's even possible).

Back to the topic:

No enemy has a higher attack than 34 (Jarod with the steel greatlance in 1-9). BK has a defense (without equipped Alondite) of 35.

Even if he gets hit by poison, he'll restore his HP with the imbue skill.

Edited by Miss Xiaomu

Would it be somehow possible that BK can be attacked by four tigers in enemy phase in 3-6?

If yes, he could theoretically die. A laguz can do a maximum damage of six to him. BK heals himself by 18, so if four tigers can attack and are able to hit him, he could lose six HP at worst (4x6-18=6). That also means it would last 12 turns at least.

I don't want to know the chance of happening (if it's even possible).

Back to the topic:

No enemy has a higher attack than 34 (Jarod with the steel greatlance in 1-9). BK has a defense (without equipped Alondite) of 35.

Even if he gets hit by poison, he'll restore his HP with the imbue skill.

I forget, but can Imbue be removed?

BK is around for two chapters in Part 1, so maybe you could remove his skill between chapters?

I forget, but can Imbue be removed?

BK is around for two chapters in Part 1, so maybe you could remove his skill between chapters?

Well, according to the site, all of his skills are locked.

And I can't imagine that I would never have robbed it from him if it wasn't nailed down.

Edit: Although, I recall hearing that he may not even have the skill on Easy mode. But I guess it's probably wrong. People say a lot of things. And remember a lot of things too.

Edited by BrightBow

Imbue is locked on BK. You can't remove it.

It's correct that imbue doesn't (full)heal him in E-2 on easy mode.

Though I highly doubt that this skill was removable on EM. I think not.

Wait, do you mean he still has Imbue but it simply heals less then normal? How could that be? Is his magic stat lower?

Wait, do you mean he still has Imbue but it simply heals less then normal? How could that be? Is his magic stat lower?

No. He simply doesn't have Imbue on Easy Mode in E-2. He loses Imbue in that chapter, but he has it before that chapter. But, in the other modes, he retains Imbue in that chapter.

No. He simply doesn't have Imbue on Easy Mode in E-2. He loses Imbue in that chapter, but he has it before that chapter. But, in the other modes, he retains Imbue in that chapter.

Ah this explains it, thanks!

It's far too long since I played FE10 on EM. I only could remember that BK had less HP left than on higher difficulties.

What is "meta"?

Meta in simple terms is knowledge of the game.

Black Knight is built to be literally unkillable, especially in Part 1. If some random grunt killed BK I'd be gawking too, so it's funny that the writers didn't even make Micaiah sad, but rather just baffled and surprised.

My sole reason of ever playing Easy Mode is to kill him in 3-6.

Seeing as he has 36 Def that's not going to be possible. Even a Tiger laguz won't even scatch him, especially since they only have A Strike and are only level 12 or so on Easy.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Seeing as he has 36 Def that's not going to be possible. Even a Tiger laguz won't even scatch him, especially since they only have A Strike and are only level 12 or so on Easy.

Are you kidding me NinjaMonkey? Have you ever heard of a hammer and easy mode exp/bexp?

Are you kidding me NinjaMonkey? Have you ever heard of a hammer and easy mode exp/bexp?

I think you are confusing chapter 3-6 with chapter 3-7. No enemy in chapter 3-6 can use a hammer.

Although I wonder what you could get out of Mordecai and Lethe if you munchkin like crazy. Maybe they can pull it off.

Edited by BrightBow

3-6 is a Dawn Brigade chapter versus a group of enemy Laguz, and the Black Knight appears on your side after 6 or so turns. Now, unless the enemy Laguz can suddenly use Beorc weapons, he'll never face any hammers, and is thus, invincible.