Possible elements in this game

Ryo

Okay first look at this icon, it's from the official site next to the amiibo and rating stuffs. See anything?

RggQuUf.png

Here's a bigger in-game version:

rKQwoSU.jpg

They look like a tree (Wood? Earth?), the Sun (Light? Fire?), the Moon (Dark?) and... either cloud or water (I guess cloud, which would be Wind/Air). I don't know wtf is the thing on the middle.

Additionally, in the videos you can see minerals/jewelry of varying colors. I don't know what they do yet, but interestingly, the colors seen so far match with the previous elements present in most FE games (the only new being Water/Ice). Take this with a grain of salt though because the below are just speculations:

Red (Fire?) - 珊瑚 (Coral)/Hoshido - ルビー (Ruby)/Nohr

Blue (Water/Ice?) - 瑠璃 (Lapis lazuli?)

Purple (Dark?) - 紫水晶 (Amethyst)

Green (Wind?) - 翡翠 (Jade)

Yellow (Thunder?) - 琥珀 (Amber)

White (Light?) - 真珠 (Pearl)

For reference, the below elements are confirmed (or partially confirmed) to be a part of gameplay:

- Fire: Nyx equips a Fire Tome. Rinka has a mace that creates explosion.

- Thunder: Thunder tome here. Thunder-based weapons are also revealed. Ryouma's katana also seems to be imbued with lightning power.

- Dark (kind of): Leon's book appears to be a dark tome. Marx's sword seems to have some dark effect. The Dark Mage class must also exist for a reason.

- Ice (kind of, not sure counts as a separate element): Ice magic cast by Orochi. Nyx has a Fimbulvetr. One of Felicia's attack also generate an ice effect.

Please tell me if I missed anything.

This is incredibly interesting speculation. Back when the first trailer released people were already pointing out the new magics (ice, for example) but to imply there may be cultural significance outside of the clans (e.g. Fireclan, from which Rinka is) is really intriguing! But it could just be a reference to the all of the clans, if they're that relevant. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

There were two stones that you missed: サファイア and トパーズ (imperial topaz, not blue topaz).

Did anyone catch what Joker said about exchanging the gems?

I give up IS...

High quality image and still couldn't tell if the bottom right's Wind or Water.

vSz0pcL.jpg

My money on water, and the big thing in the central is Wind, because it has "wing thingis".

The Chinese elements are Earth, Fire, Water, Metal and Wood (which includes wind) while in Japan they're Fire, Water, Wind, Earth and either Void (nothingness) or Heaven. If it's Japan then I'd guess the tree is earth, wave? is water, the moon the looks like a flame and the center is void. I guess that would leave the sun? as wind

The Chinese elements are Earth, Fire, Water, Metal and Wood (which includes wind) while in Japan they're Fire, Water, Wind, Earth and either Void (nothingness) or Heaven. If it's Japan then I'd guess the tree is earth, wave? is water, the moon the looks like a flame and the center is void. I guess that would leave the sun? as wind

Or the Sun could represent Heaven? Aka, light magic.

If the Centre is void, then that could represent Dark magic (as Darkness is the absence of light or heaven?)

Then we could have fire, water, wind and earth magic as well.

Also- were the FE1 Dragons of the Earth Element? If so, then the Dragon's vein could represent Earth Magic (which is especially cool, as you are controlling the Terrain around you. :) )

It probably doesn't follow real-life rules. I couldn't find any elemental system that perfectly matches with the symbols. But then again they're pretty vague themselves, the one at the center looks like it could be anything.

I give up IS...

High quality image and still couldn't tell if the bottom right's Wind or Water.

vSz0pcL.jpg

My money on water, and the big thing in the central is Wind, because it has "wing thingis".

The only element of importance we've seen until now would be Aqua's water, so maybe that's what's at the center. I'd say the bottom right is wind...

Oh, maybe it represents the Dragon Vein abilities

I think that's highly possible. We've seen terrain alteration (Earth), heard about drawing water from the sea (Water), upgrading weapon shops in MC also creates a Fire effect. The only thing left remains to be seen is whatever the moon symbolizes (I don't think it's Wind because surely there are much more representative symbols for Wind than the Moon).

I was thinking the bottom right one was wind and that the sun was fire. Not sure what the bottom left one would be. I'm guessing their the symbols of the 4 clans.

Trees are typically associated with earth so: tree=earth.

The sun is typically associated with light or fire, and since there has been no mention of a light element: sun=fire.

Moons are associated with water or darkness typically, and I doubt that thing in the middle is water so: moon=water.

That just leaves the wavey lines so: lines=wind.

I think these may represent the different clans in the game since we already have a fire and a wind clan. If that's the case the spiral in the middle could be representative of the royal families, in which case: spiral=heaven.

Dark magic could fit in as being magic that doesn't use any of the elements since darkness is noted by the absence of light.

Edited by Honey Bunny

Kirokan confirmed in another thread that this is used as the lower-screen logo for the game, so I guess it means that the elements won't be exclusive to one country but are shared by the two (or at least each country will have 2 elements).

Looking at the tree, it seems like the symbols should be seen from the center of the spiral, making the "Moon" into a flame.

The waves look more like wind than water form that angle, and the "sun"... a snowflake maybe? idk

Looking at the tree, it seems like the symbols should be seen from the center of the spiral, making the "Moon" into a flame.

The waves look more like wind than water form that angle, and the "sun"... a snowflake maybe? idk

But looking at the image that Vincent posted above, you can see that the little cloud is not part of the moon (due to slightly different color), so I don't think it makes Fire.

But looking at the image that Vincent posted above, you can see that the little cloud is not part of the moon (due to slightly different color), so I don't think it makes Fire.

You're right. Hmmm... i can't think of what the opposite of a tree could be, given the duality theme here as well with the sun/moon

I'm not sure what to make of the tree and the wind/water-thing, but perhaps the sun and the moon are connected to Hoshido and Nohr somehow? It would make sense, seeing how a 'white night' (the literal translation of 白夜, the Japanese name for Hoshido) is illuminated by the sun, whereas the moon (and stars) is more of a 'dark night' (= 暗夜, the Japanese name for Nohr) kind of thing.

Of course I'm just speculating here, and the devs might have just picked these names for the two countries because they wanted something a little less uninspired than 'white kingdom' and 'black kingdom'. But I'm inclined to think this whole 'dark night' and 'white night' business actually has some sort of relevance to the lore of If's world, seeing how there are quite a few references to night and celestial bodies in the stuff we've been shown so far. (Not to mention the new background of the main image on the official website, which now actually looks somewhat like a white night on the Hoshido side and a starry polar night on the Nohr side, with a glimpse of daylight over the horizon.)

As far as the spiral in the middle of the icon is concerned, whatever it represents, I think it might have something to do with Kamui and her/his sword. The game's upper screen logo shows the complete icon with the spiral and the 4 smaller symbols around it engraved in what seems to be a fissured stone floor, with the sword planted right in the middle of that.

(On a side note, it looks like the sword and the symbols are part of the same rubble-filled landscape shown on the cover art/website art. The backdrop to the upper screen logo, however, is a rather ordinary 'neutral' night sky that looks like neither the sky on the Nohr side cover art nor the sky on the Hoshido side cover art. I wonder if the icon will change after choosing a side.)

judging for the info, i think it's indeed related to Dragon Vein, if you see clearly, the symbol are in front a Dragon Statue which is curled in itself, and the center is a curly symbol. Moreover is known the Dragon Vein ability could control elements .... or not

Trees are typically associated with earth so: tree=earth.

The sun is typically associated with light or fire, and since there has been no mention of a light element: sun=fire.

Moons are associated with water or darkness typically, and I doubt that thing in the middle is water so: moon=water.

That just leaves the wavey lines so: lines=wind.

I think these may represent the different clans in the game since we already have a fire and a wind clan. If that's the case the spiral in the middle could be representative of the royal families, in which case: spiral=heaven.

Dark magic could fit in as being magic that doesn't use any of the elements since darkness is noted by the absence of light.

I like this explanation the best except for the spiral being heaven part.