"My Castle" Explanation Video Translation

^I didn't see anything indicating the face rubbing portion boosted your stats.

The only stat boost that came from talking happened on the castle overworld map and not in my room.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I didn't see anything indicating the face rubbing portion boosted your stats.

The only stat boost that came from talking happened on the castle overworld map and not in my room.

Plus this yeah.

uhhhhhhhh so face-rubbing gives you statistical increases???

I was under the impression it boosted support points. Instead, face-rubbing is the equivalent to using stat potions, which were incredibly useful in Awakening.

And now getting these significant bonuses means face-rubbing.

This is the worst-case scenario and I'm going to throw up. Hopefully those stat increases are +1 and not +2 or +3.

I don't think that was related to the face rubbing. It's a "surge" that happened when talking to a character outside in the town. You know, like the barracks did sometimes. It's nothing new or attached to the face-rubbing mechanic.

Cafeteria bonuses appear permanent so that's not a substitute for the face-rubbing boosts.

From the video:

"You can improve your relationships with your companions here [in My Room]."

"You can improve your bonds with your companions this way."

"By making your bonds stronger with your companions, you can gain advantages in battle."

[insert stat boosts]

That seems like a clear connection.

Now, something I hadn't considered: it's possible that, as expected, face-rubbing just increases support points, and it's the supports themselves that give the temporary stat boosts. In that case this is just as bad as I expected, not worse. Guess we'll need to yet again wait for more info.

Edited by feplus

Thanks for the translation. Cleared up alot of the new info that came out. Now I know exactly whats going on with the new mechanics. Can't say I'll be using the face rubbing thing or bath function but I'll be using the rest. With those mechanics though does that mean that support conversations are out of the picture? Or is that simply a way to help level up supports so that you get the next convo?

Considering that the sound and visual effect (two hearts) show up after Kamui and Felicia fight together in the video, I'm fairly certain Awakening's system has returned and that the face-rubbing is just a way to increase the support level outside of combat.

thank you very much for this shadow of chaos, will be looking forward to watching this once my internet stops acting up. In the mean time can someone tell me what the face rubbing dialogue is to tide me over. Thx in advance.

"I'm honored to be directly touched by you"

... That is a problem. I mean it really, truly is a problem. And I'm not even thinking of anything silly.

Thanks a lot for the translation though, people around here have really done a great job covering all this.

Cafeteria bonuses appear permanent so that's not a substitute for the face-rubbing boosts.

What are you talking about? The video says the cafe boosts only last until the end of the chapter.

What are you talking about? The video says the cafe boosts only last until the end of the chapter.

Where does it say this?

And this leads to further questions. Like, is there a limit on temporary stat boosts? Or do boosts stack? If that's the case, then visiting My Castle is going to be pretty important on the higher difficulties.

I was under the impression it boosted support points. Instead, face-rubbing is the equivalent to using stat potions, which were incredibly useful in Awakening.

And now getting these significant bonuses means face-rubbing.

This is the worst-case scenario and I'm going to throw up. Hopefully those stat increases are +1 and not +2 or +3.

Actually it doesn't, at least not directly, the video uses "bonds" meaning the other two (and probably superior) methods of pair up and the various group conversations will produce the same result.

Where does it say this?

And this leads to further questions. Like, is there a limit on temporary stat boosts? Or do boosts stack? If that's the case, then visiting My Castle is going to be pretty important on the higher difficulties.

Probably only one cafeteria before battle. I mean, it'd be weird to overstuff the army before battle. Though that would result in funny fanart...

You know i don't mind the face touching that much. The concept is fine besides the face touching that is it just seems the need for Touch screen interaction that is weird.

But part of me kinda hopes that the reason for this is that some executive said they needed more interactive touch screen features using Pokemon amie as an example, and they decided to spite the guy with almost literally putting in pokemon amie

Edited by goodperson707

So it really is face-rubbing in that one part. Yeah, still awkward... But maybe I'll get used to it, who knows? That is, if NoA doesn't remove it. I wouldn't care either way though.

thank you very much for this shadow of chaos, will be looking forward to watching this once my internet stops acting up. In the mean time can someone tell me what the face rubbing dialogue is to tide me over. Thx in advance.

Felicia: Somehow...it feels like I`m the one being taken care of.

Harold: It is an honor to be directly touched by you.

Joker: I will always stay by your side.

Please note, this may not exactly what they said, just what I remember them saying.

Felicia: Somehow...it feels like I`m the one being taken care of.

Harold: It is an honor to be directly touched by you.

Joker: I will always stay by your side.

Please note, this may not exactly what they said, just what I remember them saying.

Harold: It's not every day my manly chin gets appreciated.

- What some people probably wanted him to say.

Harold: It's not every day my manly chin gets appreciated.

- What some people probably wanted him to say.

Still, there are obviously some disturbing things people can do with his actual line. >.>

Of course the maid would yelp in surprise when her master suddenly makes intimate contact and of course she would somehow still totally like being touched by her Lord and Master.

Harold was of course just as creepy from what little we seen but the way this entire scene mimics a very typical hentai scenario is... well, predictable. But I hate how I can set my exceptions so absurdly low and they still end up being meet. They would do anything short of showing actual sex. (not that showing sex would necessarily be a bad thing if treated with the appropriate maturity and not this fetish pandering seen here.)

Edited by BrightBow

Umm... no.

Strengthening your bonds in general means you talk to them with benefits like... I don't know... the barracks?

Edited by shadowofchaos

Huh, Hinoka calls her mount a horse?

Well, seems no one liked the maids cooking.

With Rinka's placement I assume that she's an early Hoshido recruit and most likely is mandatory as she is the Chief's daughter.

That and those were low level weapons in the store she ran.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome