"My Castle" Explanation Video Translation

Besides, if the remaining 10% are amazingly executed, would you still be annoyed by the fanservice?

Yes. Even if the roles were swapped (90% amazing content and 10% of rubbing and other wonderful inventions) the game should be judged as a whole, not exclusively based on its merits. Everything, regardless of being 'optional' or not does have an impact to the overall product, its setting and tone, to name a couple.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So instead of talking about face-rubbing for the umpteenth time

You can't stop people talking about it. They will never stop talking about it.

Thanks for the translations.

Edited by Tryhard

So instead of talking about face-rubbing for the umpteenth time, lets bring up something actually worth talking about.

Yes, please.

According to the video, you can upgrade weapons with whatever stones you find.

Does this mean an Iron Weapon can be upgraded into a Steel Weapon and so on?

I think it is like forging, I think if you could just upgrade Iron->Steel->Silver(or whatever) it would be a bit weird with what we know so far.

Edit: Forgot a word.

Edited by BeartholdtFubar

I like this feature, but it is odd saying it is optional, I mean technically 90% of all characters in past games were optional, and most skills have been optional, and fighting with anything better than a Bronze weapon is optional, supports are optional. Stuff like Pheonix mode I understand since its addition has no effect on other players.

But in games, usually optional used as a reason not to complain means it has no effect on your game if it is included, and simply exists for other players to enjoy a game. Say what you like, but it does have an effect on the game and people should be able to complain.

i love it, crazy for it actually, but it seems unfair to declare "optionality" as a shut down when it really doesn't qualify in this case. Option is if ME Castle gave no stat boosts to anything, or availability of better items and other boosts. Technically it is an option, but not so much of one that calling it one means people can't complain.

I think it is like forging, I think if you could just upgrade Iron->Steel->Silver(or whatever) would be a bit weird with what we know so far.

I figured forging could be a thing too, but I would also have to assume that forged weapons will have durability, or perhaps be very limited. Otherwise forging Iron Weapons to match Silver Weapons would be a thing and kinda ruins the whole point of the system.

I'll just say one last thing in this thread.

Do you know why I side with the casuals and white Knight them? Because they are fun to talk with. There are veterans here like Jedi and Shin who are fun to talk with as well. And some of them REALLY HATE the direction IS is taking. But also, they just show it in more healthy ways.

Simply said, they're chill. Do you know how tiring it is to pour hours into translation and then get greeted with "Man, the New FE is shit." essentially?

You can be disappointed in the features, but it just feels so disappointing that people can be such killjoys.

Casuals just enjoy the game for what it is. It's not bad to be aware of the games shortcomings, but I just have that feeling that people don't "love" Fire Emblem when they say they're concerned with the series' direction. They love their vision of what it should be.

Fe:if and their attempt to appeal with these Silly Features... yes, that's all I feel they are... is not even close to being "Weeaboo Otaku catering shit". You are not Miyazaki criticizing the Otaku dominated anime industry. Hoho, we are not even close to that point yet.

I like this feature, but it is odd saying it is optional, I mean technically 90% of all characters in past games were optional, and most skills have been optional, and fighting with anything better than a Bronze weapon is optional, supports are optional. Stuff like Pheonix mode I understand since its addition has no effect on other players.

But in games, usually optional used as a reason not to complain means it has no effect on your game if it is included, and simply exists for other players to enjoy a game. Say what you like, but it does have an effect on the game and people should be able to complain.

i love it, crazy for it actually, but it seems unfair to declare "optionality" as a shut down when it really doesn't qualify in this case. Option is if ME Castle gave no stat boosts to anything, or availability of better items and other boosts. Technically it is an option, but not so much of one that calling it one means people can't complain.

Mmm, I get your meaning, but when they come into the thread, tear it apart using arguments that have been repeated (continuously), and not even giving thanks for all the hard work put into the translation, I feel like they're less complaining and more attacking. But that's just my opinion, mind.

Anyway, though, I was a bit confused about what happened with that murder steak. Did half the army get a stat boost and the other half get a stat debuff?

I figured forging could be a thing too, but I would also have to assume that forged weapons will have durability, or perhaps be very limited. Otherwise forging Iron Weapons to match Silver Weapons would be a thing and kinda ruins the whole point of the system.

They could make forged weapons's bonuses wear off after a while and then you would need to re-upgrade them. And maybe have it so the stronger the bonus the less time it has before it wears off. I don't know if that actually sounds like a good idea though.

one thing i don't understand about people who are killjoys who complain is what they gain.

do they feel better trying to convince excited people into be not excited.

if they're happy let them be happy go be gloomy so place else

Anyway, though, I was a bit confused about what happened with that murder steak. Did half the army get a stat boost and the other half get a stat debuff?

I believe the steak was made poorly so only half the team ate it, and gained a +1 but because it was a "murder" steak it debuffed them as well. I think because of the materials/random/or the cook can give extra effects to the cooked items

Good thing Sully can't work at the cafeteria...

Anyway, from what I'm seeing, this My Castle feature looks really promising. Just a question though, when you recruit a unit from an opponent's team, will they still keep their dialogue when you play story mode? Like lines such as death quotes,victory quotes, or support conversations? Or will they be like the recruitable avatar in FE13 with the "..." dialogue and be un-supportable?

I like this My Castle thing. Seems really intriguing. Also enjoyed the translations since I don't speak any Japanese, so thanks for that. I like that it seems more interactive and thus it seems like it'll be more immersive for me.

I really like Joker (wonder if he will get a name change for localization, hope not but you never know)

Thanks for the translations!!

I actually really like the inclusion of the hot springs. It might be a bit jarring to Westerners at first, but once you accept that this is a common way to relax with friends and companions in Japan, it'll just become "whatever" after the first time or so. What I'm hoping it means is that they put in a bunch of long character-specific conversations like the ones in Awakening's Scramble DLC, in the base game.

I believe the steak was made poorly so only half the team ate it, and gained a +1 but because it was a "murder" steak it debuffed them as well. I think because of the materials/random/or the cook can give extra effects to the cooked items

Ah, I see! That's fascinating! ...I wonder what would've happened if it was made well.

I already said this in another topic but I actually find the face rubbing thing quite hilarious.

always wanted to rub someone in the face? Now you can! and the people who are being rubbed... even enjoy it!

The rest of the ''my castle'' thing looks just plain awesome.

I'm feeling mixed about the hot springs.

I was looking forward to it before this video, but if they all they say is "wow it's so hot" "ooh relaxing" "I luv the warm water" then it will be nothing but wasted potential. It is a great chance for us to see the units interact in a relaxed environment and show new aspects of their characters, but if all they do is talk about how they are in a bathhouse and/or chase Kamui out then it is beyond pointless.

On a positive note the dialogue surrounding Felicia's cooking was legitimately funny, and gave me a few laughs.

Thank you for taking the time to translate this video (right down to the dialogue boxes!), it must have taken a lot of time and effort.

Edited by EJ107

They could make forged weapons's bonuses wear off after a while and then you would need to re-upgrade them. And maybe have it so the stronger the bonus the less time it has before it wears off. I don't know if that actually sounds like a good idea though.

I'd go with that. It reminds me of Majora's Mask where you can Temper your sword and make it stronger, and the effects wear off after 200 attacks.

---

Also I will say after getting a translation, My Castle is looking a lot better since it doesn't seem to be some worthless Animal Crossing mode. Upgrading weapons, enhancing shops to get better default weapons, building supports all seem good. I could do without the redundancy of actually having to build things, or the dragon...fish? thing. But so far it's been more hit than miss with me.

Also amused your house is a damn tree house.

SoC is the real MVP

And while I'm only 2 minutes in to the video, one thing caught my attention, regarding the stones found:

c52d6a426f.jpg

Not entirely sure what exactly that entails. Do they mean the depending on the actual avatar, or the unit in question that you get it from?

I'll just say one last thing in this thread.

Do you know why I side with the casuals and white Knight them? Because they are fun to talk with. There are veterans here like Jedi and Shin who are fun to talk with as well. And some of them REALLY HATE the direction IS is taking. But also, they just show it in more healthy ways.

Simply said, they're chill. Do you know how tiring it is to pour hours into translation and then get greeted with "Man, the New FE is shit." essentially?

You can be disappointed in the features, but it just feels so disappointing that people can be such killjoys.

Casuals just enjoy the game for what it is. It's not bad to be aware of the games shortcomings, but I just have that feeling that people don't "love" Fire Emblem when they say they're concerned with the series' direction. They love their vision of what it should be.

Fe:if and their attempt to appeal with these Silly Features... yes, that's all I feel they are... is not even close to being "Weeaboo Otaku catering shit". You are not Miyazaki criticizing the Otaku dominated anime industry. Hoho, we are not even close to that point yet.

I completely respect you and what other translators are doing. However, don't expect everyone to be chipper and happy about features that don't sit well with them. I'm not blaming YOU for what IS is doing to their IP.

And this is pretty fucking close to being otaku pandering. It's a feature that clearly draws inspiration from the dating sims that use the DS/3DS's bottom screen to get touchy feely with your waifu. Those games sold like hotcakes so this is just IS getting in on that action since the stupid changes to the support system worked so well for them in Awakening. That doesn't make it anything but insipid and jarring for a series that used to be fairly serious with little pandering.

Still hoping that there will be a way to do some of the multiplayer features without needing to use streetpass specifically. It just doesn't work outside of heavily populated Japanese cities where playing on your 3ds in public is something that's actually socially acceptable.

Anyway, thanks for the translations, cleared up a few things for me.

I completely respect you and what other translators are doing. However, don't expect everyone to be chipper and happy about features that don't sit well with them. I'm not blaming YOU for what IS is doing to their IP.

And this is pretty fucking close to being otaku pandering. It's a feature that clearly draws inspiration from the dating sims that use the DS/3DS's bottom screen to get touchy feely with your waifu. Those games sold like hotcakes so this is just IS getting in on that action since the stupid changes to the support system worked so well for them in Awakening. That doesn't make it anything but insipid and jarring for a series that used to be fairly serious with little pandering.

Why would it be inspired by the dating sims that frequently sell less than Fire Emblem has? Why not Nintendogs+Cats which sold 3.5 million, Tomodachi Life which sold 4 million? Or are casual players including females not an easy way to villify a feature than a niche that's typically smaller than Fire Emblem already is when it comes to games?

Please point out to me these dating sims that sold like hotcakes on the 3DS when they're usually extremely niche titles that make money off being cheap to produce that they don't need a large audience to be successful and explain to me how this would benefit a larger game that needs to sell better.

Edited by arvilino