Japanese or English voice audio ?

ichikawa

which do you prefer, Japanese or English voice audio ?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. you will play [if] with Japanese or English voice audio

I REALLY hope that the dual audio settings is back in if

personally i think the original audio is always the best option, in this case Japanese !!

Edited by ichikawa

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Japanese audio is usually what I listen to. I'll listen to the English audio just to see what they sound like but usually it'll be Japanese.

I used the English audio for Awakening, but when I played Bravely Default recently I used the Japanese audio settings and I really enjoyed it. I think I might try using the Japanese voices for FEif at first, too. I can always switch back if I decide I don't care for it.

I used the English audio for Awakening, but when I played Bravely Default recently I used the Japanese audio settings and I really enjoyed it. I think I might try using the Japanese voices for FEif at first, too. I can always switch back if I decide I don't care for it.

Yea, you should try, and as you said, you can always change back

I normally prefer to listen to anything in its original language. I come from a country where we never dub anything save for kids movies, so dubbing in general feels really off to me. Besides that, Japanese voice acting tends to be of pretty high quality, and since I don't speak the language all that well, it distances me a bit from the game in a good way which I can't really explain.

That said, I absolutely can't stand the voices of the supposed cute characters in most anime or Japanese games; it physically hurts my ears, I can't take it seriously and it straight up annoys me. Felicia, Elise and Sakura all have high pitched voices which are designed to be adorable, but it makes me want to punch a wall, especially Sakura due to the rispy quality of the voice which is supposed to portray shyness.

Occasionally, a voice will make me go "people don't talk like that", however, my problem here is "holy crap how could anyone want people to talk like that?".

Edited by Thane

I'll probably end up preferring English. I'm sure the voice acting will be great in both languages, as it was in Awakening, but let's really hope that there's not another glitch that keeps the voices on English after you reset the game.

I normally prefer to listen to anything in its original language. I come from a country where we never dub anything save for kids movies, so dubbing in general feels really off to me. Besides that, Japanese voice acting tends to be of pretty high quality, and since I don't speak the language all that well, it distances me a bit from the game in a good way which I can't really explain.

That said, I absolutely can't stand the voices of the supposed cute characters in most anime or Japanese games; it physically hurts my ears, I can't take it seriously and it straight up annoys me. Felicia, Elise and Sakura all have high pitched voices which are designed to be adorable, but it makes me want to punch a wall, especially Sakura due to the rispy quality of the voice which is supposed to portray shyness.

Occasionally, a voice will make me go "people don't talk like that", however, my problem here is "holy crap how could anyone want people to talk like that?".

One of the reasons why most people prefer subs (including myself, in many cases) is actually that distancing effect. If an anime's dialogue seems cheesy, people would rather not hear it spoken in a language they can understand, letting them read it instead of hearing it. It makes everything feel more immersive and increases appeal.

Edited by HeavyBrawlsGuy

English, because I'd be too lazy to care enough to change the language in the first place.

(well, if I were getting FE14 Hoshido version I'd prolly set it to Japanese but)

Considering that the game isn't out in Japan and we don't know the voice actors yet for any of us overseas I'll go with the default of English.

I really hope they fix Felicia's voice.

Why is there no "both" option?

In Awakening, I frequently switched back and forth. I loved the voices in either languages (although some were only good in Japanese (Priam, Cynthia, Male Robin) and some were only good in English (Owain, Olivia, Nah))!

Personally I've always prefered the English audio. The Japanese voice overs to me for the girls sound way over the top and high pitched and for the guys too overexaggerated. Plus there's me not knowing a lick of Japanese.

To be honest if they do as good a job with the voice overs as they did in Awakening I'll have no complaints.

Edited by LordTaco42

English, I was quite impressed by Awakening's cast. Just wish they had more to say! :)

To be fair, the Japanese version wasn't any better. No matter how well-acted the grunt, it'll be annoying hearing the same grunt over and over again.

I will probably use both on differents walkthrough.

In Awakening, I enjoyed the English one better but, of course, the Japanese is good too.

So, I will start with the default English (in the UE ver) in both Norh and Hoshido... but in Hoshido playing with the Japanese one sound cool.

If FE14's dub sounds as good as Awakening's, I think I'll stick with it. Awakening was so pleasant to listen to in English, I never bothered with changing the audio - unless the couple of times when I viewed the support log with Japanese audio count. I like having both options though! FE14's Japanese cast looks great, I just might try the original audio too.

Japanese voice always. I feel that they have more emotion than their english counterpart. thank you anime for making me understand the lines

I hope the game won't have that stupid bug anymore. That was the only reason I played awakening in english because I was too lazy to change it every time I restart.

Edited by pureblood

To be fair, the Japanese version wasn't any better. No matter how well-acted the grunt, it'll be annoying hearing the same grunt over and over again.

I know, I think both casts need more to say in general. I just feel that with a cast as good as both languages, they need more to say.