• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mains and secondaries

64: Luigi, Mario

Melee : Doc, Roy

Brawl: Falco, Wario

(PM: Roy, Mario)

Sm4sh: Roy, Little Mac

Roy was the first character I ever learned to properly play in smash, so I have always gravitated to his play style (yet I am surprisingly terrible with Marth)

• 2 weeks later...

64: Haven't played (want to, though).

Melee: Marth, and occasionally Mario or G&W.

Brawl: Haven't played much, but played R.O.B., Olimar, and Marth.

Smash 4: Mostly Marth, with Robin, R.O.B., Ness, Lucina, Ike, and Corrin getting occasional attention.

So yeah, Fire Emblem and a few others.

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah, Fire Emblem and a few others.

Same for me. Most Nintendo characters don't have the same charisma than Fire Emblem characters. I mean, they're just fighters, whereas Fire Emblem characters are seasoned warriors. And I prefer swords'gameplay anyway.

64: Haven't played

Melee: Marth (mostly, I litteraly main Marth since I was young and did not even know the franchise at that time), Young Link, Pikachu.

Brawl: Marth. Marth. Marth. (and Samus, usually Zero Suit, on rare occasions)

4WiiU: Ike, Marth, and sometimes Lucina. Marth's more difficult to use in Sm4sh, he's more demanding to use. I mean, you have already 2000 things to think about, and you have to foresee when to attack to hit with Falchion's tip, because the hitbox became extremely tight so you need to be extremely focused and get tired quickly. That's why I'll use him for a few matches (like 3 or 4, but I'm quite brutal) and then switch to Ike. Ike's gaemplay is amazing too.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Melee: zelda / Sheik and sometimes Marth

Brawl: Zelda / Sheik and thanks to Smash 4 also Ike to an extend

Smash 4: Zelda and Ike. My secondaries are Ganondorf, Lucina and Roy

For casual matches I like to switch around my characters, so I am able to play with half the roster. (Not saying I'm good with all of them)

64: Haven't played

Melee: Jigglypuff

Brawl: Kirby and Peach

Smash 4: Link, Lucina, and sometimes Villager

(only when I want to annoy the heck out of my friends with Villager's Lloid Rocket)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Melee - Ganon
Brawl/PM - Lucario
Sm4sh - Ganon/G&W with a secondary in Bowser and Cloud. 
Tbh I've ran through the entire Sm4sh roster in terms of mains but those are the guys I keep coming back to.

Depends on the game.

Melee is definitely Marth, secondary Luigi and Captain Falcon.

In Brawl I played mostly Ike, secondary Snek

I really enjoy Ike and Ivysaur in PM.

Sm4sh is a total tossup, I play Roy, Marth, Ike, Mewtwo, Zard, Luigi, Samus... There are few that I don't play from time to time.

In SSF2 I play Black Mage and Issac the most out of the newcomers, and in terms of Smash veterans I enjoy the feel of Marth, Captain Falcon, and Falco in that game so far.

64: Pika. Kirby. I suck with everyone else

Melee: Sheik - I have hand problems with literally every fast faller and my Marf is clunky af

Brawl: Kirby - thank you Gonzo and Chu Dat, Marf, kinda Pikachu but ehh...

Sm4sh - Kinda Lucina because waifu? Pikachu cause intuitive combo game? Mario because ezpz pickup? Kirby cause Brawl sorta carries over? I honestly can't pick a character I like enough to actually main them. I can play everyone but Sanic/Diddy/Luigi/Earthboundboizz to some proficiency

Ganondorf. I like him a as a character and....I wouldn't say I'm a fan of him still being Falcondorf but I am a big fan of the concept behind his moves. With Ganondorf you can frequently turn a losing match around with just a few well timed hits. That feels very satisfying.

I also main Pit but more due to him being Pit then for his moves.

Personally, my mains are generally Lucina (because it's basically easier Marth, and Awakening was my first FE), Sonic (because speed is great), Falco, and the occasional Robin/Ike to change it up a little.

64: Mario (I like him in basically every smash game)

Melee: Peach (for Turnip shenanigans, and lol when opponents accidentally crouch cancel down smash), Doc (better Mario )

Brawl: Fox (because Melee and idk how to play this game)

4: Cloud, Robin (new and unique movesets, fun gimmicks), Mario

• 2 weeks later...

Link, the guy's been with me since '64.

Mega Man is my second go to along with Lucina. And the rest are all FE, Toon Link, Mario, Cloud, Peach, and Zelda.

• 2 weeks later...

I never really played 64 or Melee, so I don't have a main with those games.

In Brawl, I mostly use Pit, though I also use Link and Zelda.

In Smash 4, I'll use almost everyone. But my mains would likely be Lucina, Robin, Zelda, Greninja, and Ike.

• 2 weeks later...