Made a video game (in Japanese) and looking to help make more (probably not in Japanese) if anyone has good ideas

isetrh

For our Japanese 3 final project, a partner and I made a video game. The Japanese is not very good, aince we're still learning. It's also pretty buggy and doing a whole playthrough might not be fun, but please take a look if it interests you. The whole script is up there.

http://thomasoldham.net/

This summer I'm going to try to make an English version with major story and gameplay changes, and hopefully fixed bugs.

I'd be happy to take on an additional project, if anyone has ideas. I'm still not too great at coding, and I'd like opportunities to practice.

I'm not too great at making balanced strategic gameplay, so anyone who can do that is appreciated.

I think I'm decent at writing good stories, but I imagine just about everyone wants to do that, and anyone who responds to this has a 70% likelihood of doing so specifically because they have a story they want to turn into something. I can share.

Artists interested in working together are of course welcome. I'm shit at art. The beautiful drawings in the game are either from my partner or outside sources. However, as an extremely amateur programmer I imagine I place lower on the "demand for free labor" totem pole than just about any artist. Still, if you're interested...

Edit: This could probably work as a post, but I don't think right now is a good time to bump the thread, since there's still nothing interesting here. At this point I'm going to assume Hotaru is no longer interested. I'll be working alone for the next three weeks because I'm taking a class, but after that I'll work with Hotaru or anyone else who has an idea they'd like to work together to make into a video game.

Edited by isetrh

I'm getting an error when I open the .exe, it says there needs to be a JapaneseGame_Data folder next to the .exe.

Either way, nice to see a fellow coder on the forums! Never made a game with Unity, one of my friends has though. I do have experience with Java, C#, and some C++ however. I'm occasionally working on a game engine of sorts in native Java, right now it's an NES Mega Man engine I'm working on. Can't think of any ideas right now, but I hope you the best of luck in future projects.

Edited by DragonLord

Thanks. I screwed it up. Fixed it now.

I've used C# and C++, but I'm not very knowledgeable in either--I can barely tell the difference between the two. By the suggestion of my teacher I'll learn NetLogo this summer.

That engine sounds interesting. I'd like to see it if you publish it.

So you want story ideas? I think I can help. What kind of game do you have in mind?

Sorry I took so long. What I've been trying to do is SRPGs in the style of Fire Emblem, but I'm willing to try out anything, though of course the trickier it is mechanically the longer I'll take. If you have a story idea then I'm definitely interested in working together. If you're still interested (sorry again for taking so long to get back), should we take it to PMs?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not too great at making balanced strategic gameplay, so anyone who can do that is appreciated.

And you didn't think of asking me?

I can't skype (bad internet) and might not have an insane amount of time this summer, but have a ton of experience and am happy to work on gameplay, act as a sounding board for ideas, and other stuff (except story. I can proofread and edit but if the story is the whole point, you should write it yourself).

PM me if you're still interested and want to take me up on this, because I don't check this forum that often.